Lunch couldn’t come soon enough today. I was hungry, yes; but I was more excited than anything else to dig back into my leftovers of last night’s Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.
Oddly enough, I actually found this recipe last week while looking through some things on the 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme DVD set. Of course, when I went to look for it today, I couldn’t find it anywhere (if anyone else does find it, please let me know so I can link to it!).
Luckily, I printed it out for myself, so I’ll give you my recipe, which is pretty similar to that one.
I even made sure to consult my own notes on how to write a better recipe for typing this one out.
Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Just in time for the start of fall! Try cooking up a batch of this flavorful, comforting soup to enjoy on a nice cool, fall evening. Pair it with some warm, crusty bread for a meal that can’t be beat.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine (I used Pinot Noir)
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots to hot pan and sauté until vegetables have softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Pour red wine over vegetables in the pot and let simmer until the wine has reduced by about half.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring up to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and ENJOY!
I paired my nice, warm bowl of soup this afternoon with a toasted English muffin topped with some butter, which made for a perfect meal on this cool, dreary day.
Odds & Ends
- I have some new Halloween appetizer ideas featured on Celebrations.com:
- Today at 1:30pm EST, Celebrations.com will be hosting Shawn Rabideau (celebrity event designer and featured on Bethenny Getting Married) for a live chat on their Facebook page. He’ll be answering fan questions live, so, you can ask about anything from party planning, to entertaining, to Halloween ideas. If you want to participate in the chat, check out their page! http://www.facebook.com/partyideas
Time to go study…catch ya later!