Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

by Courtney on September 15, 2011

Lunch couldn’t come soon enough today. I was hungry, yes; but I was more excited than anything else to dig back into my leftovers of last night’s Pumpkin Black Bean Soup.

Oddly enough, I actually found this recipe last week while looking through some things on the 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme DVD set. Of course, when I went to look for it today, I couldn’t find it anywhere (if anyone else does find it, please let me know so I can link to it!).

Luckily, I printed it out for myself, so I’ll give you my recipe, which is pretty similar to that one.

I even made sure to consult my own notes on how to write a better recipe for typing this one out. Winking smile

I paired my nice, warm bowl of soup this afternoon with a toasted English muffin topped with some butter, which made for a perfect meal on this cool, dreary day.

Yum!

Odds & Ends

• I have some new Halloween appetizer ideas featured on Celebrations.com:
  • Today at 1:30pm EST, Celebrations.com will be hosting Shawn Rabideau (celebrity event designer and featured on Bethenny Getting Married) for a live chat on their Facebook page. He’ll be answering fan questions live, so, you can ask about anything from party planning, to entertaining, to Halloween ideas. If you want to participate in the chat, check out their page! http://www.facebook.com/partyideas

Time to go study…catch ya later! Smile

1 Krissie J September 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm

You forgot the pumpkin beer. ;) Looks delicious!
Krissie J recently posted..Shades of Gray

2 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm

thanks for posting the recipe, courtney!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Sweet Potato Fix + New Shoes!!

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I’ve been planning to make a sweet potato black bean soup, but pumpkin always wins out – thanks for sharing the recipe!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up: Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

a buttered english muffin! SMART with a soup like that.

I’m forever looking for something to add to my soups.. crackers, bread, etc… but I don’t want to buy a whole loaf or I’ll probably eat it all in one sitting. ;)

engmuf it is!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..What’s Really in Your Food?

5 Ally September 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm

That looks so good.. I’ve been wanting to use the black beans in the pantry for a while but I haven’t been able to think of anything new to make with them. This is definitely on the list for next week, thanks for posting this!
Ally recently posted..Half day

6 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 15, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Yay I am so excited you posted this recipe!!! I think I may have to make this :).
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Describing Myself

7 Hope September 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I’ve been waiting for you to post this recipe ever since you talked about this morning! I cannot wait to try this! It looks like the perfect bowl of soup to have on a chilly fall night! Paired with a pumpkin beer, it would be perfect! :)
Hope recently posted..The Best Vegetable Quesadilla I Ever Had…

8 Shannon September 15, 2011 at 2:12 pm

delicious! thanks for the recipe! :)

9 Shayla @ The Good Life September 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Looks delish! Thanks for the recipe! And a perfect, warm comforting meal indeed :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Inspiration, Everywhere…

10 Liz @ Southern Charm September 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm

This recipe is super interesting! It’s a must try … since there’s pumpkin and all :)

11 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 15, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I just have to say I LOVE the halloween treats. If I had the facilities to host a little Halloweenie party, I’d host the HECK out of one and put sour cream spider webs on EVERYTHING in sight! (which I’m sure could get a little gross depending on what I was adding it to, but whatever, it’s my party and I’ll be gross if I want to.)
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

12 Brittany September 15, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Looks delicious! I’ll definitely be making this soon :D
Brittany recently posted..Busy Day

13 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I’ve never had pumpkin in soup before- sounds delicious!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Plan A, have B

14 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I had this soup on my mind when I went grocery shopping (read your post on my phone earlier). Definitely being made in the near future!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 15, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Interesting combo- in a totally good way! :)
PS- your spider web dip is so cute! Stick a little black olive in there to look like the spider and it would be way cute for a kid party!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Playground knowledge….

16 Alexa @ Simple Eats September 15, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I love the idea of putting pumpkin in this soup! Definitely adds some fall flavor :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 15, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Perfect day for pumpkin soup, dreary, rainy and cold! Looks delicious.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..New rules of lifting for women: stage 2 update

18 Samantha @ Because I Can September 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm

yum! Looks great!
Samantha @ Because I Can recently posted..Look How Far I’ve Come

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 15, 2011 at 4:36 pm

That soup looks perfect for a chilly day like today!

Love the “Yummy Mummies”!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chicken Cacciatore

20 Kim @ The Family Practice September 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I love finding good pumpkin recipes! And whoever said pumpkin beer was right on point. I can’t wait for pumpkin beer to be back on the shelves :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Chipotle Chicken Wraps

21 Jen M. September 15, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Mmmmm! This soup sounds AMAZING!! I’m adding what I need to make this to my grocery list right now, yay!

22 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 15, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Confession: One of the things I like about “writing a better recipe” is only focusing on pics of the finished product and not the step by step stuff. Less to edit/post! LOL
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Moley Moley Moley Mooooollllleeee

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 15, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Yum!!! That looks DELICIOUS! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..So ya wanna have a good marriage?

24 Shana September 15, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I love adding pumpkin to veggie soups! It gives a rich texture that is so comforting on chilly days!

25 Melissa September 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Holy heck! That looks incredible! Definitely on my “must make” list! :)
Melissa recently posted..Lightweight

26 Khushboo September 16, 2011 at 1:14 am

This looks excellent- no canned pumpkin available here but do you think the real stuff will be fine?
Khushboo recently posted..BPB: This is the remix

27 Courtney September 16, 2011 at 8:17 am

I would definitely think so!

28 Aubrie September 16, 2011 at 10:27 am

This looks SOOOO delicious! I can’t wait to try it out!
Aubrie recently posted..Clean Teeth and Good Food

29 carissa @fit2flex September 16, 2011 at 11:21 am

This soup looks great! I will be making it next week even though its 90 here in Florida!
carissa @fit2flex recently posted..Feels Like Home

30 Justeen @ Blissful Baking October 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I just made this soup for dinner and it is delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe :) I can’t wait for leftovers tomorrow :)

31 Courtney October 6, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Awesome! I’m so glad you liked it!

32 Emily @ Relishments October 10, 2011 at 8:13 am

I am so glad it’s soup season again. It’s all I want to cook and all I want to eat. Thanks for another idea to add to my collection.
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights: Food in the News

33 Amanda November 21, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Looks very yummy and I am definitely making this soup for my friend and I for lunch tomorrow. What do you think about adding ditalini into the soup? If so, how much and etc? Thanks!

34 Courtney November 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Oooo I’ll bet that’d be awesome! I’d try 1/2 – 3/4 cup.

35 Michaela September 26, 2012 at 8:15 am

Kinda disappointed every time I hit the pumpkin beer it brings me to the pumpkin bean soup tried several times I want to see pumpkin beer not the soup

36 Kim @ Raising The Barre October 9, 2012 at 11:07 am

This sounds really good- the weather has cooled down a TON in KC and I am in total soup mode. Would you say this is more sweet or savory? I’m wondering how the pumpkin tastes with the rest of the flavors. Sounds good though!
Kim @ Raising The Barre recently posted..Quinoa Pizza Bites + Homemade Sauce

37 Courtney October 9, 2012 at 11:39 am

Oh definitely savory! It’s soooooo good!! :)

38 anabolic cooking October 18, 2013 at 12:29 am

He’s so good we can even forgive him for bringing ‘pukka’ into the English vocabulary.
It’s our job at the cooking college at which I teach to examine how food reacts
under different exposures to heat. Bright Hub has a short series on desktop publishing explained,
if you want to see some of the definitions of common terminology and understand what desktop publishing can do,
and what you can do with it.
anabolic cooking recently posted..anabolic cooking