Back On Track

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times, but this weekend was seriously a blast. We were on the go non-stop from start to finish, but it was all well worth it! In case you’re just catching up, here’s what you may have missed:

Tailgating at the Jets Game

Oktobeerfest Fun!

Freezer Burn

As much fun as this weekend was, it certainly came at a price. All of the food, beer, and cookies were definitely making themselves known as I was heading to bed last night, and to say I felt sluggish would be an understatement.

I honestly do try to approach social situations and events like this weekend fairly nonchalantly; I eat well and workout hard most days of the week, so I don’t have to beat myself up for having an extra cookie or five or two. Sometimes, however, I let my loosy-goosy attitude get the best of me, and I wind up feeling a little less than stellar.

So this morning when my alarm went off for the gym, I may still have been half asleep, but I was excited to break a sweat and get into my normal routine. It’s time to get back on track!

Workout

Today’s workout consisted of a BodyCombat class (which was really kicka$$ today) and some ab work, which looked a little something like this:

Exercise Reps Sets
Crunches on Stability Ball 25 3
Lower Ab Crunches with Stability Ball 20 3
Bicycles 25 2
Weighted Ab Roll Ups 20 3
Toe Touchers 20 3
Side Plank Raises 20 each side 1
Plank Hold (1 minute) 2

That ab workout left my abs rather fatigued, to say the least. It was great. If you want a good resource for ab exercises and/or names of moves, I’ve found that this website is very helpful.

Breakfast

Post-workout, I came home and made a beeline to the kitchen for a nice warm mug of coffee. It was chilly out there this morning (40-ish degrees?) and I needed a little comfort and warmth (never mind the fact that I may still have been sweating a little from my workout).

Coffee was enjoyed (x2) while attempting to catch up on the pile of mail + newspapers from the weekend and eating my cereal combo bowl.

Today’s combo included:

I am now officially in love with Trader Joe’s Multigrain O’s. They.are.awesome.

*****

Win Your Favorite Designer Shoe/Handbag!

Starting this morning, Shop It To Me is giving away either a designer handbag or shoe…winner’s choice!

Designer_giveaway

The contest is for current Shop It To Me members, so if you want a chance to win but aren’t a member yet, you can click here to do so.  To enter, just choose the designer style you like most (Marc Jacobs bag, Rebecca Minkoff bag, Christian Louboutin shoes, or Jimmy Choo shoes) and invite friends to join Shop It To Me. For each friend who signs up, you’ll receive an additional entry! The contest ends on Friday, so head on over and get your entry in; and if you more details on the contest, you can check out their website for more info.

*****

Time to tackle today…let’s make it a great one!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Be unable to experience sadness –OR- unable to experience anger?
  • Eat an entire package of Oreos in one day –OR- an entire bag of potato chips in one day?
  • Work at a bakery –OR- work at a bar?

Comments

Oh boy, questions first:
    Oreos by FAR, and I’d much rather be unable to experience anger than to experience sadness. There’s so much to be learned from sadness; it teaches you to recognize joy. Anger, in my experience, always makes things worse, because it really involves other people while sadness can be experienced alone :/

On to less serious things, that cereal bowl looks delish! I love mixing and matching. Good for you for getting right back on track – you’re totally right that letting loose a little won’t kill you. I’m glad you had fun, and I know your body will bounce back ASAP!

Yikes…probably sadness since I feel like anger can be productive sometimes. Anger can motivate you to change yourself, discuss problems with others, right a wrong, help to combat an injustice…so many things spark from anger!

As much as i LOVE oreos, and am not really a chip person, I feel like chips would be easier.

Work at a bakery! I know nothing about alcohol, but I can find my way around some cookies and cakes!

I love your approach to food! What’s the point of working out and eating well most of the time if we can’t ever let our hair down! I wouldn’t say no to eating a whole packet of Oreos in a day- obviously cals aren’t an issue right? ;)! As for bar v bakery, I think the latter would be easier! I would need a few drinks to handle drunkards at the bar but I’m guessing alcohol during work hours would be frowned upon?
    Khushboo recently posted..iJack

I love your approach to food! What’s the point of working out and eating well most of the time if we can’t let our hair down every once in a while! I wouldn’t say no to a packet of Oreos (im guessing calories aren’t an issue in this game ;)?)! As for bar v bakery, I’m going to go with the latter. I would need a fee drinks to handle drunkards at the bar but I’m guessing that would be frowned upon during work hours?
    Khushboo recently posted..iJack

Right there with ya on feeling sluggish last night/this morning from all the brownies I consumed… def looking to get back on track, and keep next weekend a little lighter on the indulgences!

oreos for sure! love them..and there would be no water retention involved w/ all the salt from the chips! id rather not experience anger (a useless emotion if you ask me!) and id rather own a bakery, so i could bring friends/family members treats!
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Homemade Pizza + Addictive Brownies

Oof! I felt that way this morning, too. Unfortunately, my plans for a run were foiled by pouring rain! Off to the gym this afternoon to fix that!

1. Sadness. I think anger is healthy, but I hate being sad. :(
    2. Oreos. I can eat dessert for days. I used to polish off nearly an entire package of Nutter Butters in a matter of days back in college. Super healthy, no?
    3. Bar. If I worked in a bakery, I would eat all.day.long.
    Melissa recently posted..Oatmeal Toffee Bars

1. Unable to experience anger. This will probably be the less common response. Both are healthy emotions at the right times, but anger can be so vile, and I think it would be worse to not be able to feel sad over things like death and other tragedies.

2. Entire bag of potato chips.

3. Bakery!

I love how your Trader Joe’s “stock up” trip was 1 little bag. I just went to stock up and left with 2 carts full. I am outta control when it comes to TJ’s! hehehe

And to answer you questions:
    1. anger ( although both make my tummy nerves kick in :( )
    2. potato chips ( i totally did that 2 days ago :) hehehe)
    3. bakery baby! i keep toying around with the idea of starting a small cookie business!!!!
    Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..BLT Pasta, with vegetarian option (adapted from Cuisine at Home)

Oooh…designer handbags. I love! <333
    I have a balenciaga bag that I completely ADORE, and saved up months and months for…but other favourites are Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors…so chic and classy and wearable! One day I shall own them, lol! ;-)
    Also Christian Louboutin shoes = goooorgeous…I love the red soles. But no way on this earth would I be able to wear them! :-P I'm a ballet flat/flip-flop girl through and through, lol!
    I love that you indulge when you feel like it – that's so healthy and balanced, when you take such good care of yourself with good food and lots of exercise normally. :-) Speaking of – awesome workout this morning! When I read this I dropped to the floor and did some ab roll-ups…kind of motivated by your session here, lol! :-P The urge just came over me. I was gonna do the whoel thing but after 3 sets of those I was like … meh. I've done enough…that's a little too much like hard work right now, lol! :-D Tomorrow though…for sure! <3
    Have a terrific day! xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..beauty, bread, and four-legged friends

Anger–I HATE being angry more than almost anything else in the world.
    Oreos–I always prefer sweet to salty!
    Bakery–although it would probably be bad news, I LOVE to bake, and I love the atmosphere and I dream of one day owning my own lighter side cupcake shop :)
    Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Celebrating My Spin Buddy!

I totally feel ya on needing to get back into the healthy eating/workout routine this morning! The past few weekends have been like that for me. A great workout and a healthy breakfast always makes me feel better on Monday mornings :)

These are tough Would You Rathers today!
    -I’d rather not be able to experience anger. Sadness is never fun either, but some emotion is a good thing sometimes, I think.
    -I’d rather eat an entire box of Oreos. Love those things!
    -I’d rather work at a bakery. It’d be dangerous though…I love baked goods so much!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Fat Talk

That workout sounds like a good one! :) Getting an exercise ball at home is something I would love to do! I think it would be great to use while sitting at the desk/computer!

I would rather eat a package of Oreos in one sitting, be unable to experience anger, and work at a bakery. Drunk people annoy me when I haven’t been drinking lol.
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..Week in Review 9/12-9/18

definitely never feel anger! I am a very upbeat person with about a 2 second anger rebound as it is, but never having to feel saddness would be amazing! Can you imagine how it would help you to get through the rough times because you wouldn’t know how to feel saddness and would just focus on the positives!
    Olivia recently posted..Obsessions

Too many folks have already thrown away plenty of good money on
    nothing but useless salt tablets being shipped from South America.
    Anyone who dares to make a closer inspection will find the
    underlying difference. Do not be tempted to lose weight as quickly as you can,
    because a crash diet will have you eating less
    than a thousand calories a day slowing down your metabolism.
    Lucretia recently posted..Lucretia

Break your 3 normal main meals into 5 smaller portion sizes –
    morning, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. In fact,
    I always suggest to those overweight vegetarians to keep
    to a max of 4 pounds a week so you won’t suffer loose skin post weight loss. Now, the average healthy amount people are supposed to lose is 2 pounds per week.
    Sean recently posted..Sean