Figuring Out A Schedule

by Courtney on October 12, 2011

I’m so glad to see you guys are liking my Chocolate Raspberry Bars as much as I do. Seriously, they’re amazing…and they’re dangerous. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!

So as I mentioned before, Wednesdays and Thursdays are my long days of work, so they require a little extra effort as far as planning meals goes. Since I’m away from home for both lunch and dinner, I need to make sure I’m on top of my game either the night before or the morning of, so I don’t end up either a) digging through the jar of cookies that stare back at me all.day.long here, or b) spend money on take-out food that I really don’t need.

Even though this is only my second week of work , I’m already starting to figure out somewhat of a schedule that works for me. Preferably, I like getting my meals put together the night before; that way, I can spend my extra time in the morning taking care of other blog- or house-related tasks. Mind you, I can almost guarantee that I will not always be as on top of my game as I am right now, but I’ll go with for as long as it lasts.

Last night after dinner, I figure that since I was already out in the kitchen, I’d just take care of getting today’s meals ready, so here’s what I’ve got packed up with me.

For lunch, I chose to have the salad , loaded with lotsa colorful veggies and topped with some pineapple peach salsa. I also ended up having half of a bagel that I packed last minute topped with a small smear of peanut butter (gotta get that protein in there!).

For dinner, I packed up a tuna salad that I whipped up quick last night. Depending on my mood, I like to make my tuna salad savory or sweet, and last night I was craving sweet…so into the mix went:

• 1 can tuna in water, drained
  • 3-4 tbsp sweet relish
  • 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
  • red onion
  • baby carrots
  • sliced red grapes
  • dried cranberries
  • salt & pepper

Rather than make it as a sandwich, I brought some Wheat Thins to scoop it up with instead. I actually really enjoy eating it this way most of the time; it almost makes it seem like it lasts longer? Either way, it was a good batch and it didn’t last long enough. ;)

As for snacks, I also brought a peach and a Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte Larabar.

And to drink? Water. Lots and lots of water.

Aaaaaand I may have had a pumpkin spice coffee thrown into there at some point this afternoon too…just sayin’.

Tonight is Modern Family night, but I’m thinking that if I want to stick to this extra sleep thing that I may have to DVR it. I guess we’ll have to see what time I get home!

Question for the Evening:

Do you have any shows you’re totally committed to watching? Do you watch them live or do you like to record them to watch at another time?

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Oh I have several shows that I’m dedicated too haha…it’s probably bad, but it’s a guilty pleasure :). If I can’t watch them then I usually make sure I can get them online! Sadly I don’t have dvr here at school…boo
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Negative to Positive

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I rarely watch shows live – I usually watch them online at some point over the weekend!

Love that you have a schedule down pat!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..people pleaser dip

3 Lauren October 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I love preparing everything I possibly can the night before to make the next day easier :)
My boyfriend and I don’t have cable, but we download shows that we love. Right now we’re stoked on Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and he likes House but I think its gone way down hill.

4 Veronica October 12, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Your salads always look soooooo delicious! I love salads, but whenever I make them for myself they always seem so drab to me. Yours look so bright, fresh and colorful!

5 Coco October 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I need to start packing some salads for lunch at work!

My boyfriend and I like to record shows and then start them about 15-20 mins in…that way, we can skip the commercials and spend 40 min watching a show that is actually 60!
Coco recently posted..Allow Me to Explain…

6 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 12, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I have to plan my lunches too – If not, i end up eating unhealthy!!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Pumpkin Chili

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I never miss Grey’s Anatomy or Doctor Who. Showing my freak flag with that last one, lol. Doctor Who I watch online but Grey’s I watch when it airs. Thursday night at eight, without any doubt, you will find me parked on the couch!

8 Emma @ Microcosm of Life October 12, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I pack up all my meals and snacks the night before, too. I would have to get up way to early in order to make it all the morning of!

I love salsa as a salad dressing!!
Emma @ Microcosm of Life recently posted..It’s That Time of the Week Again…

9 Jennifer@knackfornutrition October 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I pack up all of my meals too in attempts to avoid snacking mindlessly at work! I look like a giant bag lady on the metro carrying all of my tupperware but it is worth the sacrifice!
Jennifer@knackfornutrition recently posted..The other side

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 12, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I looove pretty much every show on Bravo, but I’m am so far behind on my DVR right now. I’ve had zero time to watch tv unfortunately!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Peanut Chicken

11 Lauren October 12, 2011 at 8:25 pm

It’s rare that I actually eat tuna salad in the sandwich form. It just always tastes so much better on crackers to me too. ;)
Lauren recently posted..Perfectly Imperfect

12 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine October 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I loveeeee Gossip Girl!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..What I’m Loving on Wine Wednesday – A Tribute to André Spumante

13 Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) October 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm

LOVE Modern Family! I just got DVR about a week ago and that was the first show I recorded! But I’m in the same situation as you and like to go to bed around then or right after. But recording means you can watch them over and over again :)
Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Reflecting On My Half Marathon Training

14 Erica October 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm

i DVR everything! (gotta fast forward through the commercials!) but i HAVE TO watch vampire diaries the day it airs. i usually can’t stand the suspense!
Erica recently posted..writer’s block

15 Jenny October 12, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I love watching shows later on so I can skip the commercials! Revenge is an awesome show. Seriously addictive…
Jenny recently posted..San Diaaaagooo

16 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl October 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I’m a huge Big Bang Theory nerd. We try to watch it live, but DVR it in case we don’t have time to watch it the night it airs. I need to start meal planning. I’m so bad at that.
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Drop Sets and Gym Creepers

17 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I record them, but I still like to watch them the night that they’re on, haha. I seem to relax the most when I’m mindlessly watching TV. Sadly enough, it sometimes gets in the way of my sleep, because by the time I start watching my shows, it’s already late :(.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Things I Learned as a Bridesmaid

18 Megan October 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Totally committed to Modern Family, Happy Endings, and Grey’s! Modern Family is hilarious, I love it!!

19 Lindsey October 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm

We record 98% of the shows we watch, we love out PVR! And we have way too many shows we are dedicated to! Glee, Modern Family, The Middle, Vampire Diaries, Dexter and a few new ones – 2 Broke Girls, The New Girl and Happy Endings.
Lindsey recently posted..What A Wednesday…

20 Lena October 12, 2011 at 11:05 pm

That’s been my new favorite Lara Bar flavor <3 I really ought to try the sweet tuna salad. I've always eaten mine savory (usually toasted with tomatoes and cheese), but the sweet one looks so delish!
Lena recently posted..My Traumatic Rat Experience

21 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 12, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I DVR almost all the shows I watch because I’m in school during most of the prime time shows. I love Modern Family, The Middle, 90210, and, of course, Jersey Shore. You ready for Jersday tomorrow? :)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Crabby Salad

22 Khushboo October 13, 2011 at 12:48 am

Looks like you’ve got your schedule down…love the quote “fail to plan and you’re planning to fail”–> so true! Like you, I always sort my work meals for the next day on the night before. I rather be able to chill out in mornings otherwise my day is in full throttle earlier than I would like!
Khushboo recently posted..Ralk my world

23 RunEatRepeat October 13, 2011 at 1:14 am

Such colorful eats today!!!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Whittier Greenway Trail

24 Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 13, 2011 at 6:59 am

I DVR everything. I can’t even remember the last thing I watched live.
Jen@foodfamilyfitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #7

25 Hope October 13, 2011 at 8:24 am

I am the DVR queen! I DVR almost everything that I want to watch. I watch some shows live but for the most part I will dvr them. I have a lot of shows that I watch that are all on at the same time. I am loyal to quite a few shows.
Hope recently posted..Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole…

26 Kim @ The Family Practice October 13, 2011 at 10:36 am

That tuna salad actually sounds amazing!
I dvr’d Modern Family while I was sneaking in my workout – went to watch it and it cut out half the episode :( That’s twice this week my shows have done that! Argghh. At least I got my workout in tho!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Sugarless Pumpkin Pie

27 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! October 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

yum! Isnt corn on salads the BEST? it is my new favorite salad accessory! and as far as shows, the only ones im committed to currently (there are usually a good list) is Keeping up with the Kardashians (my fav) and How I Met Your Mother.
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..I’m Baaaack