Figuring Out A Schedule

I’m so glad to see you guys are liking my Chocolate Raspberry Bars as much as I do. Seriously, they’re amazing…and they’re dangerous. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!

So as I mentioned before, Wednesdays and Thursdays are my long days of work, so they require a little extra effort as far as planning meals goes. Since I’m away from home for both lunch and dinner, I need to make sure I’m on top of my game either the night before or the morning of, so I don’t end up either a) digging through the jar of cookies that stare back at me all.day.long here, or b) spend money on take-out food that I really don’t need.

Even though this is only my second week of work , I’m already starting to figure out somewhat of a schedule that works for me. Preferably, I like getting my meals put together the night before; that way, I can spend my extra time in the morning taking care of other blog- or house-related tasks. Mind you, I can almost guarantee that I will not always be as on top of my game as I am right now, but I’ll go with for as long as it lasts.

Last night after dinner, I figure that since I was already out in the kitchen, I’d just take care of getting today’s meals ready, so here’s what I’ve got packed up with me.

For lunch, I chose to have the salad , loaded with lotsa colorful veggies and topped with some pineapple peach salsa. I also ended up having half of a bagel that I packed last minute topped with a small smear of peanut butter (gotta get that protein in there!).

For dinner, I packed up a tuna salad that I whipped up quick last night. Depending on my mood, I like to make my tuna salad savory or sweet, and last night I was craving sweet…so into the mix went:

• 1 can tuna in water, drained
  • 3-4 tbsp sweet relish
  • 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
  • red onion
  • baby carrots
  • sliced red grapes
  • dried cranberries
  • salt & pepper

Rather than make it as a sandwich, I brought some Wheat Thins to scoop it up with instead. I actually really enjoy eating it this way most of the time; it almost makes it seem like it lasts longer? Either way, it was a good batch and it didn’t last long enough. 😉

As for snacks, I also brought a peach and a Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte Larabar.

And to drink? Water. Lots and lots of water.

Aaaaaand I may have had a pumpkin spice coffee thrown into there at some point this afternoon too…just sayin’.

Tonight is Modern Family night, but I’m thinking that if I want to stick to this extra sleep thing that I may have to DVR it. I guess we’ll have to see what time I get home!

Question for the Evening:

Do you have any shows you’re totally committed to watching? Do you watch them live or do you like to record them to watch at another time?

Comments

I love preparing everything I possibly can the night before to make the next day easier :)
    My boyfriend and I don’t have cable, but we download shows that we love. Right now we’re stoked on Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and he likes House but I think its gone way down hill.

2. Veronica says

Your salads always look soooooo delicious! I love salads, but whenever I make them for myself they always seem so drab to me. Yours look so bright, fresh and colorful!

I need to start packing some salads for lunch at work!

My boyfriend and I like to record shows and then start them about 15-20 mins in…that way, we can skip the commercials and spend 40 min watching a show that is actually 60!
    Coco recently posted..Allow Me to Explain…

I never miss Grey’s Anatomy or Doctor Who. Showing my freak flag with that last one, lol. Doctor Who I watch online but Grey’s I watch when it airs. Thursday night at eight, without any doubt, you will find me parked on the couch!

5. Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) says

LOVE Modern Family! I just got DVR about a week ago and that was the first show I recorded! But I’m in the same situation as you and like to go to bed around then or right after. But recording means you can watch them over and over again :)
    Nancy (Beyoutiful Fitstyle) recently posted..Reflecting On My Half Marathon Training

We record 98% of the shows we watch, we love out PVR! And we have way too many shows we are dedicated to! Glee, Modern Family, The Middle, Vampire Diaries, Dexter and a few new ones – 2 Broke Girls, The New Girl and Happy Endings.
    Lindsey recently posted..What A Wednesday…

Looks like you’ve got your schedule down…love the quote “fail to plan and you’re planning to fail”–> so true! Like you, I always sort my work meals for the next day on the night before. I rather be able to chill out in mornings otherwise my day is in full throttle earlier than I would like!
    Khushboo recently posted..Ralk my world

yum! Isnt corn on salads the BEST? it is my new favorite salad accessory! and as far as shows, the only ones im committed to currently (there are usually a good list) is Keeping up with the Kardashians (my fav) and How I Met Your Mother.
    Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..I’m Baaaack