Fun News

by Courtney on October 13, 2011

Well, I will say that the rest of my day has been going MUCH better than this morning! Work has been going by pretty quickly, I got a little extra face time with mi madre here at work this evening, she braided my hair which is always just fantastic, AND I got some fun news…today I am the Featured Blogger on the Chobani website. How fun is that, right? If you head on over to their page, you’ll see my big ‘ol mug, along with some of my favorite Chobani recipes! Thanks, Chobani!

*****

Just like yesterday, I packed up today’s eats to bring with me for another long day of work. Here’s the spread…

Lunch included a vanilla Chobani topped with a diced peach and some Quaker Oatmeal Squares + cinnamon raisin granola.

I also ended up snacking on a random granola bar I found in my purse and half of this peanut butter and banana sandwich, which I made on an Arnold’s Honey Wheat Sandwich Thin.

For some dinner, I finished up the rest of the sandwich along with another veggie salad. Today’s salad was missing carrots and cukes, but I did remember to add some goat cheese…I couldn’t believe I forgot it yesterday!

I probably should have packed something else with me, since I’m already starting to get a little hungry, so I’m sure I’ll end up having something to snack on when I get home.

For now, I want to leave you all with a little youtube video that I was sent a couple days ago. You guys know I love bustin’ a move to Party Rock Anthem, so this video was definitely right up my alley (thanks, Rick!). Hopefully you think it’s as cool as I do! :)

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 13, 2011 at 7:20 pm

That’s so awesome that you’re a featured blogger on Chobani’s website!! Congrats :). And yay for Ohio!!! Gotta love my home state ;).
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Negative to Positive

2 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Congrats on the post at Chobani. That’s awesome!
That salad looks so good and refreshing. I love using corn in mine too.
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Movie Remakes – A Do or Don’t?

3 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 13, 2011 at 7:37 pm

So glad that your day is going better! Congrats on being a featured blogger!!

4 Lauren October 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I just saw that you were featured. Congrats girl!
Lauren recently posted..Perfectly Imperfect

5 Megan October 13, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I saw that video of the Ohio marching band and thought of you immediately! Too funny that they did the dance too! :)
Megan recently posted..Half Marathon Randomness

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 13, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Your day did turn around quite nicely: Chobini yogurt blogger, momma braided hair, and a fast moving work day! I’m glad the SUNSHINE came into your window ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Mini Pumpkin Muffins > Regular Pumpkin Muffins

7 Erica October 13, 2011 at 9:06 pm

congrats on the chobani blog! :)

i can’t wait to go home and watch the party rock video! (no sound at work) we did our wedding party entrance to party rock!
Erica recently posted..writer’s block

8 Hope October 13, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Congrats on being the featured blogger! So cool! :)

I love that veggie salad. It’s so colorful.
Hope recently posted..Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole…

9 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 13, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Congrats on your chobani feature! I hope you get to score a sneak preview of their new flavors:) I am so jealous of your mom braiding your hair. My mom could never get the hang of French braiding. I would have to ask my friend’s moms:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..WIAW: Apple Edition

10 Liz October 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I saw that video on MSN the other day and was almost going to Tweet the link to you, because I was pretty sure you were the one who had learned the dance – I thought I was right but wasn’t sure! How awesome would it be to have seen that marching band perform, right?!

Congrats on being a Chobani featured blogger :)

11 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Hahaha, I love that you thought of me when you saw the video!
And yes, if I had seen that performance in person, I probably would have wanted to jump down onto the field with them ;)

12 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm

my cousin was a drum major and majorette, this one tickled me pink!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Hot, Spicy, Sexy.

13 Heather October 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Wow, that is so cool! Congratulations Courtney! :-)
Heather recently posted..Hey La, Hey La, My Boyfriend Rules

14 colleen @ thegiftofmondays October 13, 2011 at 11:30 pm

congrats on the Chobani post!!! i hadn’t even heard of Chobani until i read about it on your blog and now i love it!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i used to have an eating disorder

15 Meg October 14, 2011 at 12:23 am

Congrats on the Chobani post!!! love it!!! Also LOVE party rock,… it was the song of summer! We changed the words from Evereyday Im shuffling too everyday Im struggling…. so apt to my life!
Meg recently posted..Love Yourself!

16 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 14, 2011 at 12:29 am

Congrats on being featured!!
I need to start adding corn to my salads. I love corm but I rarely get to eat it.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Cold Weather Comfort Food

17 Khushboo October 14, 2011 at 12:33 am

Congrats on the feature on Chobani! ..definitely a sign of a good day!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown Paper Bag is baaack!

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

Love that video! I always think it’s so cool when marching bands makeover popular songs like that!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..What’s in a Name?

19 kayleigh October 14, 2011 at 9:16 am

so, i totally just cried watching that video. i was all like “ha! i’m not someone who cries to just about anything, poor Courtney.” now i understand. (:

20 Courtney October 14, 2011 at 9:18 am

Awwww! Haha, thanks for understanding, Kayleigh :)

21 Steph @ 321delish October 14, 2011 at 9:23 pm

LOVE that video! reminds me of my high school band! We played Destiny’s Child’s Bills, Bills, Bills (among other popular songs at the time) in our “Dance Mix.” We put our instruments down and rocked out for a section of it too! So much fun!
Steph @ 321delish recently posted..Going Cruisin’

22 Sam October 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

That video just made my day :)