Puffy Eyes

by Courtney on October 13, 2011

So how did everyone do on their sleep last night? Good?

Well, I cannot tell I lie; I did not do very good. I had good intentions though, so that’s got to count for something right? Probably not, but here’s what went down…

I had to watch Modern Family. I didn’t want to wait to watch it on the DVR, so I stayed up. Then I started getting ready for bed, but all of a sudden, the slightest, tinniest thing tipped me off and I became an emotional mess. Honestly, it was for no good reason whatsoever, but I could not cool it with the waterworks.

My poor husband. He must have thought I was nuts. Actually, I take that back…we’ve been together almost 11 years…he knows I can be nuts. I was making no sense and pretty much just babbling on like a bumbling, blubbering idiot (<—btw, does the word “blubbering” make anyone else think of the movie Grease, or is that just me?).

So anyways, I finally calmed myself down and got to sleep, got up this morning to workout, and then while I was getting ready around the house, it happened again. The waterworks turned on and there I was, crying again, with Jay looking dumbfounded as ever as I apologized to him for me crying last night…

Yeah. Go figure?

So now, today, I will be sporting the glasses look because I don’t know about you, but whenever I end up crying anywhere close to going to bed, I awake with the most lovely, super puffy eyes.

I’ve always been that way, and so has my mom, so I guess I have her to thank. Some people, I swear they could cry for days straight and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in their face.

I actually remember working with a girl wayyyy back in high school (at Fashion Bug, anyone remember those?) who had some serious issues. She would come in to work and cry her face off almost every day without ever having one sign of puffy eyes or blotchy skin to follow. Yet, if I shed a few tears at Dawson’s Creek the night before, my eyes would be huge puffballs the next morning. Yes, I will always be jealous of anyone who can cry and hide it because I cannot.

Yikes, look at me rambling today. Can you tell I’m a little off? Confused smile Sheesh! I’ll tell ya, us girls are a tough breed, aren’t we? I’ll fully admit it; sometimes, I am just an emotional nutcase and I have no rhyme or reason as to why it’s happening.

Sorry, Jay. I’ll try to keep it together a little better today. Winking smile

*****

Workout

Today I was back to the challenge with a double session of Xtreme Total Body + Xtreme Yoga. I was actually quite shaky during today’s yoga, but it felt amazing to stretch. My muscles were t-i-g-h-t!

Breakfast

Since I already rambled on enough above, I’m going to keep things short and sweet here. Breakfast today was the same as yesterday so you’re getting a recycled photo.

Just don’t hold it against me…I’m unstable today. Winking smile

Okay, time to buckle down and tackle my day. Let’s hope I’ve finally got my crap together!

Questions for the Morning:

When was the last time you were emotional for no good reason?

Do you get puffy eyes from crying…or are you one of the lucky ones??

1 Hope October 13, 2011 at 9:22 am

Aw, I hope you are feeling better! I’m pretty emotional myself. I cried last week, I think for no reason. I cry if I get really stressed out and overwhelmed. My eyes do get puffy from crying unfortunately. I hope you have a good day today! :)
Hope recently posted..Undone Stuffed Pepper Casserole…

2 Sarah October 13, 2011 at 9:29 am

I hope you feel better soon Courtney! I get those emotional moments a lot when i just break down for no good reason. When i cry, its obvious… not so much puffy eyes, but more like my face is all pink and my voice is choky, and i hiccup- sorta random? Hope you have a terrific Thursday!

3 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers October 13, 2011 at 9:30 am

Aw jeez, just call me weepy mcweeperson. I have been known to cry at commercials, patriotic airplane displays, the singing of my college alma mater, and just thinking about the movie “The Notebook”. It’s bad news bears. Luckily, for everyone around me, I also have the least attractive crying face I can imagine. It’s red, it’s puffy, it’s contorted in ways faces never should be….

I’m trying to own it.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Rehearsal Dinner at Open Door Gastropub

4 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:05 am

Way to own it, McWeeperson ;)

5 Kristin Mac October 13, 2011 at 9:31 am

Ah I hope you feel better soon!! I’ve been an anxious little mess the past two days and I have no idea why either. I guess I’ll just blame it on being a girl too :p enjoy your day girly!
Kristin Mac recently posted..Dragon Soop & Wobbly Music

6 Faith @ For the Health of It October 13, 2011 at 9:32 am

Ugh, I am SUCH an un-cute crier. My eyes don’t get puffy, but my nose does for some reason, and my cheeks really red. Pair that with mascara streaming down your face and I have no idea how I even am recognizable as a human being. Ya gotta let it out though…it’s good for the soul! Hope you feel better today :)
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Blonde Moments

7 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 13, 2011 at 9:32 am

being emotional could have to do with the lack of sleep you are getting! when i take on so much at one time i get stressed and have a breakdown
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Pumpkin Chili

8 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:05 am

I wouldn’t doubt that!

9 Torry @ Working on a Dream October 13, 2011 at 9:40 am

I hope you start feeling better – I dont know how the weather is out by you yesterday or today but it is for sure playing with my emotions and making me feel down/crabby/crying for no reason!

Hope today is better then yesterday! :-)

10 Kerryne October 13, 2011 at 9:42 am

I cry all the time. Out of pure boredom last week I started watching Basketball wives LA, and bawled through half of it? WTF? I was emotional all last week, spent the majority of it crying WITH PUFFY EYES and with a husband looking at me like I am crazy. It happens ;)
Kerryne recently posted..Dinner as a family

11 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 13, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m so sorry you had an emotional night! I’ve totally been there. It happens to me every so often around “that time of the month”. And if it makes you feel better, my eyes get the same way! Totally puffy, looking like someone punched me in the eye. I try to hide with make up or glasses too. ;) You look cute in your glasses, by the way!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Lovin’ the Love

12 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:04 am

Hahaha, thanks Ashley! :)

13 Brooke @ BittersweetBrooke October 13, 2011 at 9:46 am

I know exactly what you’re talking about. I sometimes for no reason I just have myself a little cry fest and then I pay for it the rest of the day or the next morning with giant puffy eyes. You’re not alone! Hopefully today will be a better day for you!
Brooke @ BittersweetBrooke recently posted..An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

14 Kait October 13, 2011 at 9:47 am

Ugh, I’m sorry Courtney!! I hate emotional roller coaster days (and what they do to OUR faces)! I, too, am one of those people that sheds *a* tear and my eyes swell shut, while my skin goes super blotchy. Not the prettiest sight, but honestly in your picture you cant tell you have puffy eyes at all! Promise! HOWEVER in the future, if you have swollen eyes putting ice cubes or frozen spoons on them can help!

15 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy October 13, 2011 at 9:48 am

I am definitely NOT one of the lucky ones ! :/ After I cry, I may as well walk around with a sign that says, “Yes, I am upset and have been crying.”
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW – Fast Food Style

16 Mandee @ Mandeelicious October 13, 2011 at 9:50 am

i never used to be this way, but i cry at everything now! tv shows, songs, books, COMMERCIALS, omg i’m nuts! i watch a lot of disney channel with my Nonna (yes, my 94 year old Nonna, but it makes her laugh the most!) and they were playing this one commercial around new year’s that had no words, just this quiet music and still images of the disney stars when they first started and were little kids, then of them now that they’re “grown up.” fading in and out with a black background, and then some inspirational phrases. basically the message was to dream big and believe in yourself, it was such a cute, well done and honestly inspiring commercial for kids… so i would be full blown crying by the end of it everryyyy single time! every now and then it comes on and i brace myself! we’re all a little crazy in our own ways.
Mandee @ Mandeelicious recently posted..Coconutty 94th!

17 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:04 am

Just READING that comment makes it sound emotional. Yikes!

18 Lindsey October 13, 2011 at 9:53 am

I get the super puffy eyes too, and especially when I cry close to bed time – I remember the last time I had a mini melt down and the next day at work people actually asked me what was a matter with my eyes – it was that bad and kinda looked like an allergic reaction!
During marathon training this spring/summer I had a few “emotional” times I think my body was just done!
Lindsey recently posted..What A Wednesday…

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles October 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

I went through years and years on not crying- ever. I just never felt the need for some reason. I wasn’t emotionally dead, I just couldn’t cry. (Seen The Holiday? Yep, I was her.) Then all of a sudden, I could cry and now I’m gone at the drop of a hat….. Especially lately, the dr. has put me on a boat ton of meds and I can’t keep it together. Yikes! At least I know why I’m emotional though. ….Yep, it totally shows on my face. Puffy eyes and face. Boooo!
HAVE A SUNSHINE FILLED DAY! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..You’ve got mail!

20 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

Hahaha, such a cheery end to your comment! Thanks, Julie! :)

21 Mallory @ It's Only Life October 13, 2011 at 9:55 am

sorry you are feeling a little emotional courtney :( i think it’s healthier to cry for no reason sometimes than to not cry at all! still somewhat of a release, right?

last week i had a moment like that. my knee was bothering me so i couldnt run, my stomach hurt, and then my other leg started randomly hurting (just a charlie horse type of thing) but that was the last straw and i just started bawling on the phone to my boyfriend that i was “falling apart”. lol.. dramatic much? i find i look back on situations like that and laugh, but in reality i probably did need a good cry!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Pesto Chicken Pizza

22 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

I’m glad you were able to look back on it and laugh. I’m sure I’ll do the same thing later today, haha :)

23 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 13, 2011 at 9:58 am

I hope you’re feeling better girl! I had one of those days on Tuesday where nothing seemed to go right and the best way to deal with it was cry. I’m right there with you, with blotchy skin, puffy eyes, the works.

Have a great day!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Crabby Salad

24 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

My roseacea makes me look like I went on a 3 week bender if I cry.
I got emotional yesterday over a pile of clothes on my husband’s side of the bed. (pms)
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..I’d Rather Eat My Own Eyeball.

25 Lena @Fit on the Rocks October 13, 2011 at 10:07 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying for no good reason. Sometimes I actually look forward to them (even though I don’t know when it’ll happen) because I just need a good cry now and then to keep myself level haha. Unfortunately, I also suffer from having super duper puffy eyes. What I’ve started doing is putting in Visine and rolling cold eggs from the fridge over my eyes before I sleep and when I wake up. Not 100% puff reduction, but it sure takes it down a notch!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..My Traumatic Rat Experience

26 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:02 am

I never thought of the eggs! I’ve heard cold spoons before, but never eggs…that sounds fun :)

27 Leah October 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

Oh girl…. I totally feel you on this one! I had the SAME problem last night…my POOR boyfriend. :( It’s nice when they still love you no matter what. Glad to know I’m not alone in this! Cheer up :)

28 Krissie J October 13, 2011 at 10:09 am

I definitely have moments like that. Last time was last Tues. And my eyes puff up like CRAZY. I hope you feel better later!
Krissie J recently posted..Planning Ahead

29 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

Aw, hope you’re feeling better Courtney! I get super puffy eyes from crying and combined with allergies and eczema that I sometimes get (which is basically just dry skin under my eyes) I can look like a hot mess afterwards. It’s not pretty so I feel your pain. Sometimes I wish I needed glasses to cover it up a bit!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin chocolate chip scones

30 Pamela October 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

I definitely get puffy eyes, too! One of my coworkers mentioned last night how I looked exhausted. Oy. That’s not a compliment! I also tend to get emotional for no reason when I’m tired. It’s a vicious cycle! Almost the weekend! :)
Pamela recently posted..12 Hours of Food

31 Paige @ Running Around Normal October 13, 2011 at 10:25 am

Oh Courtney I am right there with you. If I cry anywhere near bedtime, I look like a different person when I wake up!!! However, if I cry during the day, my looks don’t change much (unless I cry off my makeup or something.) I hope the rest of your day goes well sweetie!!

32 Jen October 13, 2011 at 10:34 am

Girl, sometimes that just happens! It happens to me far too often, I must say. I’m a very anxiety-ridden person, and quite frankly, I overwhelm myself even when there’s nothing there to stress me out. I get puffy (and red) eyes from crying, too. I hope you turn your day around and end up having a good one!
Jen recently posted..Word Nerd

33 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 13, 2011 at 10:40 am

I’m so sorry you had a sad night! That usually happens to me when I’ve been holding lots of tiny things in for a few days, and then something tips me off and all those tiny things turn into this huuuge “my-life-is-a-cluster-fuck-and-there’s-nothing-i-can-do-about-it” moment and a crying session ensues. But once I cry and get it out, I feel SO MUCH better. And I hope you do, too ;)

34 Kim @ The Family Practice October 13, 2011 at 10:40 am

What good is a husband if he can’t watch you fall apart every now and then :) Seriously though, its good we have our guys (or somebody) to help hold us up when we need it.
Cheer up! “Life is not about waiting for the storm to settle, it’s about learning to dance in the rain”
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Sugarless Pumpkin Pie

35 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:01 am

I like that quote, Kim!!

36 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 13, 2011 at 10:41 am

Oh no! I hope you have a better day!

I’m not an emotional cryer, but I definitely have my days when everything just feels off. I really can’t remember the last time I sobbed, so I don’t even know what I look like during the aftermath–I’m sure it’s not pretty though!!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..38 Feet of Snow and An Island Vacation

37 Lauren October 13, 2011 at 10:44 am

I hardly ever comment but just had to–you sound so much like me!! I cry over such dumb stuff and at weird times…I feel bad for everyone who has to put up with me! I hope you have a much better day today :)

38 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thanks, Lauren :)

39 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 13, 2011 at 10:49 am

I’m sorry to hear that! If I cry a lot I wake up with puffy eyes, too. Annoying! I got waken up by a fire alarm at 1 am. It was just a drill, though— which just makes me more mad. Don’t they know we SLEEP?
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tuesday Word Day: Winning Hands Down

40 Khushboo October 13, 2011 at 10:53 am

Aww I hope you’re feeling better this morning- we are an interesting breed! Last time I cried for a dumb reason was because I burned my white tshirt- to be fair, it was my FAVE tshirt and the ‘perfect’ tshirt doesn’t come around all the time. Unsurprisingly, my buddy P paid me a visit the next day!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown Paper Bag is baaack!

41 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

Ahhhh buddy P…not exactly a buddy!

42 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 13, 2011 at 10:54 am

Aw, sorry you’ve been upset! I definitely get that way from time to time. And yes, my eyes get the exact same way but only if I’ve been crying A LOT.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Peanut Chicken

43 Stephanie @ StephSnacks October 13, 2011 at 10:56 am

Aww I’m sorry! I hate when this happens! I feel like I’ve been a bit of an emotional roller coaster latetly — I definitely broke down last Sat and Sunday due to a really mean comment some silly drunk person said to me when I was out… I hadn’t even been talking to this person! So I was shocked to be called something so mean. I’m bummed to say that it really got the best of me.
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Trattoria Dell’Arte

44 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

Aww man, I’m sorry about the mean comment. Some people are just crappy :(

45 Shannon October 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

HEY! I have been reading your blog for a few months now but I have never commented before.. I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE IT and it’s becoming apart of my daily routine to read and enjoy it :) and I also cried last night…for something small that I wanted to accomplish yesterday and it backfired on me. I ended up crying so much and only getting 5-6 hours of sleep instead of the usual 7-8 hours….which in result made me wake up feeling tired, on edge and gloomy…oh and not to mention those PUFFY eyes and bags from the lack of sleep. I need to learn how to deal with stress and overwhelming situations way better…and not taking everything out on myself!! How you have a great day today!

46 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 11:07 am

Awww, thanks for commenting (and for reading), Shannon! I’m sorry to hear you were in a similar boat as me last night. Hopefully you have a better day today!

47 Cait October 13, 2011 at 4:30 pm

My night sounds so similar to both of yours! Ended up crying so much that I didn’t go to sleep until 1am and woke up at 5:30am for work. Boo. Thank goodness my emotions don’t get the best of me TOO often!

Here’s to all of us emotional ladies having a better day today :)

48 Meg October 13, 2011 at 11:06 am

My eyes are PUFFYY today… probably because I too spent ll night crying nd all morning hahaha dontcha just love being girl
Meg recently posted..6 months ago this seemed like a GOOD idea

49 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

Not only do I get puffy eyes but I get beet red – especially my nose! I’m the ugliest crier ever – my husband admits it too! I was petrified to cry at my wedding and have the photographer catch my Rudolph nose!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Mile High Meals

50 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen October 13, 2011 at 11:15 am

It’s not that my eyes get puffy, but my whole face and eyes both turn super bright red and it doesn’t go away for a loooong time. Super embarassing!
Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen recently posted..Empty Fridge

51 Nicole October 13, 2011 at 11:22 am

I did the same thing last night!! I think my boyfriend thought I was losing my mind!! I was watching Modern Family too…thank god for that show and getting a good laugh in! And yes, today I will be sporting puffy eyes as well!

52 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled October 13, 2011 at 11:28 am

I totally get you! I’m such a crybaby that I’ll cry if I’m happy, sad, mad, or just because I saw a baby commercial on TV. Sometimes it just comes on and I can’t control it.

My eyes puff like crazy too, especially the eyelids. They’re so bad sometimes that I can barely open my eyes. Why does that happen!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Favorite Sandwich + Weigh-in Wednesday

53 Katharine October 13, 2011 at 11:39 am

Puffy eyes are the worst! I get them, too – whether I’ve been crying a little during an episode of “Parenthood” or a lot, thanks to a random emotional meltdown. I’ve found that putting a cold washcloth on them for a few minutes helps, and makes them feel less irritated, too. Hopefully today will be void of any tears!
Katharine recently posted..Well-Being Wednesday

54 Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} October 13, 2011 at 11:48 am

I love that recycled picture. Haha.
I only cry every 3 or 4 years, but when I do, even if it’s for 15 minutes, my eyes look like I have severe pink eye plus an allergic reaction and I almost can’t see out of them. It’s a little hilarious.
Thank goodness for glasses :) It’s almost FRIDAY!!! Your emotions will probably magically heal on the weekend. Mine do :)
Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} recently posted..Attention Deficit – HUH?!

55 kristen October 13, 2011 at 12:05 pm

hope you have a better day today!

56 Kathryn @ Flopoodle October 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm

There must be something in the air this week…I’ve been a little bit of a mess myself! And yes, I am totally afflicted by the puffy eye thing ;)

I hope you feel better as the day goes by!
Kathryn @ Flopoodle recently posted..A Kind Boyfriend & Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

57 Lee @ in the pink of condition October 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I get really emotional as well. I’ve been pretty emotional for the past couple months, for good reason and also for no good reason at all. I think it just happens to all of us, so don’t apologize at all! We love you girl! <3
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Why I Run

58 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I like your necklace, girlie. Is it Tiff&Co?
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..workout wednesday: 24-minute speedy interval run.

59 Courtney October 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Hahaha, thanks Hil. It’s actually from Target, but I love that it could pass as Tiff & Co. :)

60 Cecilia @ I [heart] Me October 13, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Oh I’m terrible when it comes to crying, the tears aren’t discreet either like some people’s whose tears just roll straight down from the tear duct. It’s messy and my face is goes all red. I get puffy eyes the next day as well,
Hope today is super :)
Cecilia @ I [heart] Me recently posted..Intro to R[*] Week 2

61 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 13, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Oh gosh, when I get in weepy moods, there is no stopping me. And my eyes seriously puff up like crazy as well. I look ridiculous! I haven’t gotten super upset lately, but I have maybe spat out a few angry words for silly reasons.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..things that are stuffed

62 Heather T October 13, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Ohh man, wait until you are pregnant someday. The hormones make you crazy (just ask Mike!). I definitely had some crazy meltdowns while pregnant, haha.

63 Prathiba October 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Oh no! I am a crier myself. I cry for lots of random things from sad commercials to frustrating moments. Anyway, as Khushboo said it usually has something to do with “buddy P”. But, just to ask and you know, pry into your life…are you preggers? (haha, you don’t have to answer that but it was the first thing that struck me reading this post.)

Also, Beyonce’s baby bump- fake or real?
Prathiba recently posted..Today Is A New Day

64 Jane @ In the Pink and Green October 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I can totally relate! If I cry (even just a little) my eyes get super puffy…I also envy people in movies who can still look pretty when they cry because that’s definitely NOT me!

65 Jordan October 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I feel like my level of emotional-ness/tendency to cry at *everything* has skyrocketed this year. I absolutely bawled as I finished reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy last week, and it seems like when I listen to certain songs like By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North, I cannot help but cry. Ahh, I just call myself emotionally unstable. It feels good to cry sometimes though.

66 Holly October 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Court, so sorry to hear about your rough night :( I’m just catching up on blog reading..finally…I’m way behind.
I hope that things are MUCH better this afternoon. I’m thinking of you..and don’t forget my invitation is ALWAYS open to come to FL to bake donuts & drink wine ;) Oh ya & don’t forget if I win the lotto we are all going to St. Lucia & drinking no pressure no problems ;) Xo
Holly recently posted..Childhood Habits

67 Brittany October 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I always get puffy eyes! My face turns bright red and I get super tired afterwards. Luckily, I’m not very sensitive so I rarely cry.
Brittany recently posted..New Goodies and a Scare

68 Leslie October 13, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Hope you are feeling better today. I hate days like that and I get the worst puffy eyes ever. Actually, I pretty much get puffy eyes if I miss one hour of sleep, have one drink or cry one tear. No fair! Anyway… hope you are doing better!

69 Nicole October 13, 2011 at 6:05 pm

There was a full moon this week….that’s gotta play into it somehow!

70 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 13, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Ah…I feel like I’m always emotional for no good reason :). Hormones.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Pumpkin Dunkin’

71 meaghan October 13, 2011 at 7:08 pm

My goodness!! Was it something in the air? Is there a full moon? I too was an emotional wreck last night – all but cried myself to sleep after hubby got into bed and just held me. Got home today, and lost it again. After 2.5 miles, I’m feeling better…but wooboy!

72 Shayla @ The Good Life October 13, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I think it’s the full moon because I too have been an emotional basketcase lately!! Don’t worry, us women are definitely an interesting breed ;)

And I am so happy to hear I’m not the only one who cries one tear and is a puffy mess the next morning!! What’s up with that?! At least you have super cute glasses to cover them up…maybe I should invest in a non prescription pair? ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Variety is the “All Spice” in Life

73 Claire October 14, 2011 at 12:30 am

Oh wow…we are SO on the same wavelength here, Court! I was an emotional basketcase on Monday and even worse on Tuesday. I told myself that I wouldn’t even talk to my boyfriend on the phone until it subsided…I don’t want to expose him to that…yet ;-) I actually was able to “work through it” and the week has gotten better. It was the stupidest thing…someone talking about babies in my “here and now processing group” for group counseling program stuff…the joys of being a mommy, childbirth, etc. It made me want it SO bad (if we are being honest here and all…I know this is a lot of sharing) and I realized just how far I am from the place I want to be…ok that’s enough!

Regardless, I hope you are feeling much better and it’s OK! Sometimes we are our worst critics. Let it out and eat those sweets, it helps…:-)
Claire recently posted..Totally Truthful Thursday: Video

74 Laura October 14, 2011 at 12:58 am

Aw, so sorry to hear about your day! I firmly believe that we women don’t always have a real reason for when we’re emotional, and sometimes a good cry (or two…) is all it takes to get it out of our system and feel better. Whether I’m feeling emotional, having a rough day, or watching the Pamper’s Silent Night commercial (you know it if you see it, and it gets me EVERY time), I can’t help but let it out. Between my rather unfortunate ‘cry face’ and the redness, puffiness, and shakiness in my voice, there’s no hiding when I’m feeling extra emotional. You’re not the only one :)

Here’s to hoping your day turned around and your night tonight went much better :)

75 Anita October 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Oh no! I hope everything starts looking up for you. And yes, I definitely sympathize with the puffy eyes.
Anita recently posted..Dirty Dancing (or) So, So Excited

76 Amanda October 14, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I totally know how you feel Courtney! This week my car got stolen, and I had a big assessment for my bar exam. I was totally dry-eyed through the whole thing, then last night I found out I was going to be half an hour late to dinner with friends and I absolutely. freaking. lost. it. Like on my knees, crying into my bed, sobbing uncontrollably! I think when I’m stressed, I try to soldier on, but then the smallest thing that sets me off, and then it alllllll unleashes!

77 Samantha October 17, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Oh gosh, I get that way every month (if ya know what I mean…hehe).

I get wicked puffy too, red nose, etc… the red nose usually disappears, but you can’t hide the eyes.
Samantha recently posted..And We Have a Winner…