After a little bit lazy and a little bit social weekend, it was time to get back into the swing of things this morning. But first, here’s what you may have missed:
So with the challenge officially being over (more on that a little later) I awoke bright and early to end my month-long hiatus with the gym. Turns out, my gym did a little revamping while I was away and there are now some pretty cool, brand-spankin’ new machines up in there.
Since it’s Monday, I intended on taking the BodyCombat class, but the instructor ended up calling in sick this morning so it was cancelled. Total bummer. That left me with only one other choice, which was the Express (45 minute) spin class.
I stuck it out with this class, but it’s definitely still just not my favorite. I love how it makes me sweat, but I just don’t find it…fun. Ahh well!
I followed up spin class with an upper body weights routine that was very similar to an idea I got from Julie I while back:
- Superset One: overhead press + barbell row (15 reps of each)
- Superset Two: chess press + upright rows (15 reps of each)
- Superset Three: front shoulder raises + tricep dips (15 reps of each)
- Superset Four: bicep curls + tricep kick backs (15 reps of each)
- Mac raises (20 reps)
- Lat pulldowns (using machine, 15 reps)
It felt great to combine some upper body strength work with the intense, lower body workout from spin class. It was a winning workout for sure!
On my way home from the gym, I made a quick pit stop at my favorite coffee shop to surprise hubby with some coffees. We ran out over the weekend so until I go grocery shopping today, we’re outta the goods. I mean, I couldn’t
go without my coffee fix for one day let the poor guy go into work on a Monday morning with no coffee, right?
Pumpkin Pie for me, Cookies and Cream for him (both were equally fantastic)
Nothin’ like a kick-a$$ workout and a warm, pumpkin-filled breakfast to kick-start my day, right?
I was planning on giving you guys the low-down on my experience with the 10lb. Slimdown Challenge this morning, but I’ve actually got to scoot out the door to run some errands, so I promise I’ll fill ya’ll in this afternoon. I know many of you have been asking about it and I’ve got lots of thoughts!
Questions for the Morning:
WOULD YOU RATHER…
- Strength train with free weights –OR- strength train with machines?
- Take an hour long spin class –OR- an hour long yoga class?
- Be stuck in a group exercise class next to a constant grunter –OR- next to someone who passes gas every 10 minutes?