Return of the Mash Up

Today brought about the return of a very special workout…

The Wednesday Mash Up!

Before committing to the challenge, my workouts were on a fairly consistent schedule every week, but Wednesdays were always the day where things were left pretty open for me to choose from. Some weeks, I enjoyed this freedom, and other weeks it would drive me bananas.

But now that I’ve gotten a fresh start with something new, I welcomed the Wednesday Mash Up with open arms and did a “mini mish-mash” that included:

It had been a long time since I did the Yoga Meltdown video so I really enjoyed the change. I kept things pretty low-key today because tomorrow I’m headed back to BodyPump and I have a feeling some soreness will be goin’ on from that. I say, bring it on!

Breakfast

Last night, I went to bed craving waffles.

This morning, I made it happen.

I lightly toasted two Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Whole Wheat waffles and, in keeping with the pumpkin theme (because, well, that’s basically what happens around here these days) I topped the ‘cakes with some of Monica’s Pumpkin Crème, some granola, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Man, if this doesn’t look like decadence for a Wednesday morning, well then, I don’t know what does.

But better yet, the granola on today’s waffles wasn’t just any granola…it was Love Grown Foods granola!

I was totally psyched to see this package waiting at my doorstep when I got home last night. I’ll tell you guys, those folks over at Love Grown really are amazing and I am so honored to be one of their Love Bloggers. Thanks, Love Grown!

I decided to break into my favorite flavor first, Sweet Cranberry Pecan.

Don’t you think that the amount consumed is what you see on those waffles above. Oh no…you can add a couple more handfuls there.

And with that, I will leave you all with this picture that Jay sent me yesterday:

image

I don’t know about you, but I swear, I must have a bunch of these creatures in my closet…

Question for the Morning:

If you could give “calories” your own funny definition, what would it be?

Comments

I think I’m going to be a total copy cat and make the same exact thing for breakfast.
    I love the Cranberry Pecan flavor of Love Grown Granola. Actually, I love every flavor. They are so yummy!

Calories are the things whose existence I try to forget about when I find a new flavor of Ben and Jerry’s I want to try. I also agree with your definition..I don’t know how they do it!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Shopping and Cinnamon Buns

Courtney do you have a Pinterest account? That calories quote is great and I’ve seen it many times on Pinterest. If you don’t have an account I really recommend it! It’s such a happy fun place to find inspiration for almost anything (cooking, fitness, organizing, decorating, styling clothes, makeup, nailpolish, parties, etc!)
    Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..salsa pumpkin soup

You will definitely be feeling BodyPump tomorrow! The new release is a lot more intense than the previous releases with tons of pulsing everything, but at least you know it’s a good workout. I don’t think I can come up with a better definition of “calories” lol. Oh, and I might have drooled a little bit over your breakfast…yummy.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Watch Out Now

Omg I want those pancakes with that topping asap! They look awesome!! I was sent some Love Grown granola to try for the first time last week and I’m completely hooked :). That stuff is seriously amazing! And I saw that calorie quote on pinterest earlier and loved it. If I could give calories my own definition it would be- the things that I try not to let scare me away from eating the sweets I love (not really funny though haha)
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Safety in the Weight Room

5. Mindy says

Calories: the mean girl in high school, drunk sorority chick in college, and bossy snob at work! Calories are a biotch.

6. Emily says

What Moe’s is that…the one in North Greenbush? Steve Barnes from the Times Union just wrote an article about Five Guys coming to Colonie Center and said they are going to be the first restaurant in the region with the Coke FreeStyle machine.

• Courtney says

Haha, it was definitely meant to be funny :)

And I was totally thinking of you when I posted about it because I had just read your post about the Cranberry Pecan too

Love love grown! This is really random but what maple syrup do you use? I waas actually trying to buy some the other day and I usually get generic brand but I realize a lot had hydrogenated oils in them. It’s not a big deal once in a while but I didn’t know if there was a better brand I was unaware of!

8. Lisa says

Wrong message. They are the tiny creatures in your body making you function and experience this amazing life we are given.

Haha love that quote! Next time my jeans are bit too tight I’ll blame it on those pesky lil creatures 😉

I used to think of calories in an unhealthy mindset and would aim for the least amount as possible…now that I’m healthier, I view them as fuel in making me healthy, happy, and strong to help me live life as full as possible :)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Act on Awareness

• Courtney says

I totally agree, Shayla! While it is certainly amusing to poke fun at the pesky side of calories, I know what a completely tired, lame grumpster I am if I don’t get enough of ’em every day! :)

Trackbacks