The Coolest Manicure Ever

I must say, there are some pretty fun perks that come with working part time at a salon:

• Plenty of opportunities to people watch
  • There’s always something to talk about/gossip about
  • Every once in a while, I get to work with my mom
  • All of the girls I work with are great

Out of all the perks, though, I’d probably have to say that my favorite one is taking advantage of the services that are offered! A couple of weeks ago, I was able to get myself a Shellac manicure in one of their new fall colors, Asphalt.

IMG_8749IMG_8750

I got these done a few days before Josh & Erika’s wedding and it they ended up matching perfect. I’ve always loved dark nail polish colors, but it’s especially awesome starting in the fall season.

While I was getting my nails done a couple weeks ago, I happened to notice some of the fake nails that were in the manicure room that really peaked my interest. Check out some of these awesome designs!

There’s even a scene from the Nightmare Before Christmas in there! Can you spot it?

Of course, with Halloween right around the corner, those were the ones that stood out to me most. Any other holiday, I probably wouldn’t have even considered it, but there’s something super fun and carefree about Halloween that made me say, ok, I want one of those!

So yesterday afternoon, Kelsey got to work on my nails and gave me quite the festive manicure. Can you tell what they are yet?…

Candy Corns!

It’s only fitting right? Since I can’t seem to keep my hands out of em and all…

But really, how freakin’ adorable are they? I don’t care if they look like they would belong on a 10-year old because I think they’re super fun and I am going to sport these babies until they chip off…which, for me, will probably only be able three days. But I won’t worry about that part right now. Winking smile

If you’re a local and are interested in getting yourself your very own Halloween-esque manicure, shoot me an email (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com) and I’ll hook you up with some info!

Question for the Afternoon:

What would your ideal manicure look like?

Dark? Light? French? Funky designs?

Comments

How adorable are your nails – I LOVE them!! I used to train a client that worked at a salon, and during their “down times” they would always do each other’s nails and hair. She always came into the gym with the cutest nails! That is an awesome perk!

I always love the look of a French manicure. It’s just so natural and clean looking. Every so often, I like a more “daring” color that’s darker, but usually I stick to the “au natural” look. :)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I love this so much, how adorable!! I definitely want to attempt to recreate! So festive and fun.

I’m really into the new fall Essie line, I think I have them all at this point. Just painted a daaark eggplanty color on my nails and a dark mauve/brownish color on my toes. My nails always echo the seasons, and dark polishes and pretty neutrals like taupe and grey are perfect for the fall and winter!
    Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Feels Like Home

I’m really digging the gray color you used. I normally don’t paint my nails but have been feeling the itch lately. It’s just annoying because they chip in two days and then it drives me absolutely crazy! Obviously I get way too worked out about the little things, LOL!
    Ashley @ Good Taste Healthy Me recently posted..Book Club

I like french tipped, plain and boring I know 😉 But for my finger nails I think they look weird with color. But I love dark nail polish on other peoples! I am more of a pedicure girl :) And love any bright and fun colors!
    Lindsey recently posted..Crockpot Recipes

• Sarah says

oh, i have that habit too! And for the longest time- i cant seem to get rid of it. Sorta makes me a little conscious when i go to get my nails done by some one with perfect nails.

that is SO cute, courtney! you have amazing nail beds… mine are teeny tiny (so are my hands) and i swear the manicurists make fun of them every single time! ok, maybe not “make fun” (although i can’t be sure when they are speaking another language to each other) but they always comment on how small they are. it’s a wonder i can play the piano haha.
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..VitaTop Giveaway Winner!

6. Sarah says

oh, i absolutely love the look of french tips- so clean and natural. Its the perfect touch i think, because it goes with everything. But i do like the look of solid dark colors as well. I cannot STAND crackle polish, ICK! Also i hate it when women wear colors that are not flattering to their skin tone. Though, If we all went around sporting french tips, how boring would that be?

The candy corns are SO CUTE!!! I am now dying for a manicure – I think I’ll get one this weekend haha. I have been trying to save $$ but I haven’t had one in about 2 months so maybe it’s justified.
    On my toes I like to do really bright pinks, reds, and corals. Glittery ones are OK too! I think glitter is too much for fingernails though. I usually try to go lighter on my hands so when the polish chips, it’s less noticeable and I can space out manis more. Again, frugality!
    Caitlin C. recently posted..Apple Harvest Festival 2011

I’ve just ordered the magnetic nail polishes – have you seen them?
    You paint the colour onto your nails (there are 3 to choose from) and there is a magnet in the top lid of the polish bottle which you hold over the wet nail.
    It makes a wave pattern in the polish which you can make go in different ways depending on how you hold the magnet. Looks really good.
    It was meant to be a Cristmas present for my sister but I think we’ll have to ‘share’ it – i.e. I keep it 😉
    Annette @ cookie crumbs and carrot sticks recently posted..Getting ahead

They’re so cool, I love them! Both actually – the candy corn and the dark colour you had before. There’s something so much fun about getting a manicure – I just feel so pampered and feminine and polished…love it! :-) That and a pedicure, which I get once in a blue moon, and I’m in girly heaven, lol! 😛 xyx
    Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..Ice Cold & Thankful Thursday

love that asphalt color! and i love the candy corn designs! so cute and festive! :)
    the salon i go to does gelish, which i guess is a variation of shellac. i hope they have something close to that gray color!

i love dark/bright nail colors. i had a very neutral nail for my wedding and i couldn’t wait to get a dark color on my nails again. especially on my toes!
    Erica recently posted..welcome home!

The candy corns are adorable, and I love that greyish color of your first manicure! I’m getting a manicure tomorrow before my 10 year high school reunion (crazy!), and I’m thinking I want a grey shade … but I’ll have to see what options they have when I get there. My outfit is black and white, so I have lots of options haha!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Running advice from someone who knows.

12. Heather says

I love your nails Courtney! I just did mine in Halloween colors, but now I want something fun like that lol My class would get such a kick out of it! Super cute!

I thought it might be candy corn :)

I love anything bright. I love the look of light pink, but it always looks washed out on my fair skin so I go for fuschia, red, organish tones. I also like very dark berries to the point they are almost black.
    Nicole @ PancakesandPilates recently posted..Dance Your PhD

I love manicures! I just recently bought the Sally Hansen “Hard as nails” acrylic that you use as a base coat. It’s like wraps for nails or something? Anyways, my nails grew so long I actually had to *CUT* them (this is a rarity for me). I like either:
    a) bright pinky nails
    b) nude, creamy colors (this is my new obsession)
    Claire recently posted..Shabby Apple