The New “Do”

Happy, happy Friday! I don’t know about you guys, but I.am.psyched. I have a couple fun things on the agenda for this weekend, but I’m also just really looking forward to a little relaxing and hopefully getting some work done around the house. T minus six hours to go!

*****

So if you follow me on Twitter, then you may have seen the tweet last night about my hair…

[blackbirdpie id=”132212902030618625″]

One of the girls at the shop had seen a photo in a magazine of an up-do on someone and wanted to “play around” to see if she could recreate it. Lucky for me, I have long hair so she decided to use me as her guinea pig.

Now, if you know me at all, then you would already know that this is 110% A-okay with me. I could sit for hours on end and let someone play with my hair. It is probably one of the most relaxing experiences for me. I love it!

Quite a few of you requested to see some pics from the up-do, so here ya go.

Side views

IMG_9564IMG_9565

Back views

IMG_9571IMG_9572

Pretty cool, right? Unfortunately, the only place I was headed once I left work was straight home, so I didn’t get much of a chance to show off the new “do.” But ehh, no big deal…it didn’t really go with the outfit anyways. Winking smile

Once Jay got to see the latest style (this is probably my fourth time coming home with something new to show him) it was time to deconstruct it…

The amount of bobby pins in that mane was impressive.

Searching to try and find them all actually reminded me of when I was in high school and would have an up-do after a dance or prom. Once the dance was over and we were at whatever after-party location, all of the girls would sit together and take out all of the bobby pins, and would sometimes even compare to see who had the most. That definitely brought me back…I still can’t believe that was almost 10 years ago. Man, I’m getting OLD.

*****

Workout

It’s amazing, really, what a day of rest can do for the body. After taking yesterday off, I felt much more energized and ready to take on today’s mish-mash:

I loved being able to incorporate a little of everything today and it felt great!

Breakfast

Another breakfast conundrum ensued this morning. I wanted another English muffin. I wanted eggs. I wanted oatmeal. Finally, I decided on the eggs AND the English muffin.

(Along with the raspberry jam, of course.)

And the coffee.

BUT, I also prepped up some pumpkin oats to bring with me today for lunch, so it was a win-win situation.

Along with a small package of Cocoa Goodness Love Grown Foods granola. This stuff is gonna be good.

Let’s hope that today goes by quickly!

Questions for the Morning:

How long have you been out of high school?

Have you ever had an hair up-do’s that you loved?

Comments

I’ve been out of high school for 5 years. My 5 year reunion was last spring but I didn’t go.
    The best up-do I ever had was done in Poland for my cousin’s wedding. I went in with an idea of what I wanted, but the guy did something completely different and it came out amazing.
    Cocoa Goodness is the best Love Grown flavor, hands down. I’m all out! :(
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Spaghetti Squash: Take 2

I love the hair do! It’s so elegant. I’m with you, I love when my hair gets done. It’s so relaxing!

I’ve been out of high school for 10 years this summer. Crazy how quickly time flies! :) Happy Friday!
    Hope recently posted..A Splash Of Purple…

6 years out of high school, and honestly it feels like forever ago already!! haha
    I had my hair done nice one time for prom and actually more recently at my last job in Alaska we always got really dressed up for our company Christmas party and we all went and got updo’s 2 years ago to gow ith our awesome dresses, for fun. And I remember it was so good that I slept on it and it was still almost perfect, so I rocked it again at another Christmas party that day!!
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Time To Randomize

I’ve been out of high school for about 8 years now. I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone by since then (and yes, you are officially old when you start saying things like that haha).

It wasn’t a complete updo but I loved my hair for my wedding! It was a half-up/half-down style but I couldn’t have imagined wearing it any different way!

I’m super psyched it’s Friday too!!!
    Marla recently posted..Major Mileage

5. Sarah says

I actually had an updo that i got done because i was a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding recently. It was really nice. Sorta a loose one- i LOVE loose updos! Oh yeah, Haha, I’m STILL in high school. 2 more years of hs and i’m bustin’ outta here :)

I’ve been outta highschool for 6 and a half years! It’s CRAZY how time flies! It felt like it went by so fast but when I think about those 6.5 years, soooooo much has happened in my life!

Whenever I have an event to go to I usually get my hair done half up/half down with some fancy touch to it! I did have an up-do in grade 12 for my boyfriend at that time’s prom! I showed the hairdresser a pic from a gossip magazine of Angelina Jolie and said CREATE THIS! Haha, I think I was hoping to look just like Angelina Jolie once she was finished! hahaha It was awesome though :)

I LOVE having m hair played with or brushed. SO relaxing!
    Also, as soon as I saw the pic of all the bobby pins, I IMMEDIATELY went back to HS and prom and taking tons of pins out of my hair and still managing to find one or two still in when I washed my hair. ah the good ole days!
    Heather recently posted..Guest Post: Lisa

I love the up-do!! Very pretty. I actually had a similar up-do for my wedding! I love the pinned up curls look. It’s so elegant! You pull it off so well too! :) And I know what you mean about searching for all the bobby pins! Man oh man, it can be pretty time consuming looking for all of those bad boys.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..I-Don’t-Feel-Like-Doing-Cardio-But-Feel-Like-I-Should-Do-Something Treadmill Workout

9. Traci says

LOVE your updo – so elegant!

I’ve been out of high school for 6 years. I had updos done quite a few times for all of the fancy schmancy dances, with the exception of prom (I had curls but half up, half down). The updos remain my favorite – so classic and pretty.

My friends & I tried to keep our updos in as long as possible. We rocked them for another day or two after each event. I’m from Jersey and we go down the shore after prom, and I have quite a few pictures of me rocking an updo on the beach. Then, before we went home, we did the take out our bobby pins & compare thing.

It’s been 6 years since I’ve been out of high school…time flies! I’ve never had a full updo because I feel like it makes my heard look extremely round, which it is, but I don’t want it full force lol
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Say Freeze

I’ve been out of high school for 5 1/2 years! Sometimes I still miss it… they were some of my most fun days. I used to also love taking my bobby pins out after a HS formal — it was crazy to see just how many pins were keeping my hair in tact all night!
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Cascadian Farm Winner!

I’ve been out of HS for almost 8 years now…. Yikes. Your friend does a great job! How fun! I wish I had someone to play with my hair all the time! I’m pretty good with hair myself, but its more fun when someone else does it! I worked at a hair salon when I was in high school and they always gave me gorgeous up-dos for special events. My favorites are the ones that still have some hair loose, like a curly side pony. PS Love your earrings! You look gorgeous as always! Happy Friday!
    Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Pile on the Miles Week 1

Yay thanks for showing us the pic!! It’s gorgeous and seeing those bobby pins totally reminded me of my prom days…I also had a plethora of them on my wedding day!

I’ve been out of high school for 11 years, yikes! I feel like the old maid around here ;)
    Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Friday Lovin’

I have been out of high school for 13 years…thanks for reminding me. :)

I have an amazing up-do hair piece that I absolutely love and use for any special occasion. Being totally hair-inept, I love being able to stick it in 10 seconds and have an amazing ‘do that stays all night! I even wore it for my wedding!

The up-do looks awesome! I used to always find one random Bobby pin in my hair the nextornong after proms!

I was forced to take a rest day today, but I look forward to running bright and early tomorrow!
    Jodi recently posted..It’s Missing…

16. Shannon says

I’m still in high school- a sophomore. Two more years ago until I’m a senior, yippee! :)

My sister and her former best friend used me as a guinea pig one day and curled my hair and straightened my bangs. Needless to say, that didn’t turn out well…at all! My bangs were slanted out and my hair was just really, really bad looking. The former best friend spent the night at our house and before I went to sleep, I criticized my hair upstairs w/ my mom. I didn’t care if they could hear me downstairs.