Why I Like Working On Wednesdays

by Courtney on November 9, 2011

Well, let me tell ya; this afternoon’s lunchtime soup was onnnnn point.

To be perfectly honest with you, I’m actually enjoying this Spinach Lentil Soup a whole lot more than I ever thought I would have. I mean, I guess lentils have never really called out to me all that much, but they are seriously rock stars in that soup. If it wasn’t for the yummy dinner I packed with me for tonight, I probably would have eaten another cup of soup.

When Jay and I had our yummy chicken dinner on Monday night, we he cooked up a little extra to have for during the week. This morning, I incorporated half of a breast (because, again, it was pretty large…and I’m jealous) on top of a nice veggie salad, including romaine, cukes, tomato, red bell pepper, carrots, and goat cheese.

I also ended up finishing off the rest of a bag of Kashi crackers, a fun-size bag of Skittles, some cinnamon roasted almonds (YUM!) and an amazing, much-needed Caramel-Mocha iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts, courtesy of mi madre.

Have I mentioned before how much working with my mom makes Wednesdays that much better? Well, in case I didn’t…it does. A lot.

I was really needing some mom-time tonight, and she definitely delivered on more than just the coffee front. Thanks again, Mom!

*****

I’m saving the pear you see above for when I get home, because I’m totally envisioning it to look a little something like this…

Paired with a vanilla Chobani and a crap-load of granola. Ohhhh yes.

Now let’s hope I get home soon so I can enjoy my snack and watch my favorite Wednesday night shows! ;)

Question for the Evening:

Why do you like Wednesdays?

1 Corey @ Family Fresh Meals November 9, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I am printing out that soup as we speak! Can you freeze that as well?
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love: Bunny & Bear

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 9, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I like Wednesdays, because of WINE WEDNESDAY!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Dia De Los Muertos Style

3 Courtney November 9, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I like that. A lot :)

4 Bethany @Bethany's Befuddled Brain November 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I love soups! They are my favorite go to meal. I ended up making MamaPea’s Creamy Broccoli soup tonight and it was delicious!
However, I’m not a fan of Wednesday today. I was stuck at my college campus for 3 hours because we were on lockdown. So fun.
Bethany @Bethany’s Befuddled Brain recently posted..CAMPUS LOCKDOWN

5 Courtney November 9, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Oh gosh! I hope everything is ok?!

6 Erica November 9, 2011 at 8:38 pm

…..i’m not a big fan of wednesdays. hahahaha. but i like the above comment…wine wednesdays! that sounds like a great idea! i’m gonna start doing that!
Erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: getting ready & bridal party

7 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill November 9, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I like Wednesdays because I start work later in the day than usual! When I was in high school, Wednesdays were my favorite because I got out of school 45 minutes early. It was always such a midweek treat!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Orioles, Pelicans, and Yachts

8 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 9, 2011 at 10:20 pm

ahhhh GOAT CHEESE. I have some in my dorm fridge and holy shit I put it on everything. Also I live on chobani and dunkin. Addicted.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Syracuse WIAW #1

9 Laura@mypurposefullife November 9, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I like Wednesdays because they are the start of the downhill slide for the week. :) As an aside, every time you mention your mom and/or family it makes really happy for you, mine are so far away! I am so glad you get to spend Wednesdays with your mom. :)
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..A Year Can Change a Lot

10 Khushboo November 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Waffle Wednesday…enough said :)
Khushboo recently posted..Do your boss a favor

11 Clare @ sweetnsimple November 10, 2011 at 5:19 am

Your food always looks so good ! Not a big fan of Wednesdays, although once they are over, the weekend is pretty much just around the corner.. that’s always a good thing :)

12 Hope November 10, 2011 at 9:10 am

I only like Wednesdays because on my blog I do wedding talk wednesdays. It breaks the week up for me :)
Hope recently posted..Some Of My November Loves…

13 Helen November 10, 2011 at 9:13 am

I like Wednesdays because it means I am halfway through the work week. It feels good to know that I have only 2 full days left of work :)

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 10, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I love Wednesdays because it means we’re almost through the week! And It means the next day I don’t have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to work out.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cinnamon apple streusel scuffins

15 Shannon November 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I like Wednesdays because…
a) it’s the middle of the school week
and
b) ABC Comedy Night is on w/ The Middle & Modern Family. I love those shows. :)
Shannon recently posted..My Second Judging Stint