Everything Is Just Awesome

Guess what?

I’ve only eaten two of those cranberry apple cookies so far today, so I’m pretty darn impressed. Especially considering the fact that were sitting a mere five feet away from me all day long (because there’s no way I could keep the whole batch at home!). Luckily, everyone seemed to like ‘em so I’m a happy camper baker.

Starting with breakfast, today has actually been one of those days where everything I eat is just awesome. You know what I mean? I’m sure there’s days where I could eat exactly everything I’m about to show you and just think of it as ‘meh.’ But it all tasted wonderful today, so let me fill ya’ll in.

Lunch

This morning, I prepped myself a nice big salad, filled with lots of goodies.

Romaine, cukes, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, goat cheese, and 2 leftover slices of turkey bacon from last night’s dinner. Nothing goes to waste, my friends. Nothing goes to waste.

I also enjoyed a golden delicious apple (my favorite) as well as som Pretzel Crisps. Last week when I was at the Christmas Tree Shop, I noticed that they had bags of them on sale for only $1.99, and seeing as though they’re usually $3.00+ at the grocery store, I had to snag some. I went with the “everything” flavor which is great.

clip_image001_thumb

Definitely addicting.

After I got off of work tonight, I actually booked myself an amazing deep tissue massage. Now when I say amazing, I am really not kidding. The only kind of massage I’ve ever gotten is the typical Swedish massage, but the deep tissue felt great and hurt oh-so-good. I’m sure I’ll feel it tomorrow, but I don’t care. I needed it in a bad way!

Since I knew I probably wouldn’t be getting home until a little later, Jay and I decided ahead of time to use up the rest of our Balsamic Chicken leftovers from Sunday for tonight’s dinner.

We used some LaTortilla Factory wraps and filled them each with a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese and boatloads of balsamic chicken, tomatoes, and onions. They were a little messy, but worth every last dribble.

On the side, I reheated some more of my roasted veggies,

and ate the rest of my chicken leftovers plain since there was no way they were all fitting into that wrap without it ending up in my lap. Winking smile

I love leftovers that are versatile enough to be used up in an entirely different way. So yummy!

I’d be naïve to say that another cookie (or two, who am I kidding – I did leave about half a dozen here) will end up being consumed this evening, so you can bank on that happening while I’m watching tonight’s episode of New Girl with my boys.

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever treated yourself to a massage? What type was it? Did you love it?

Comments

I was actually just thinking today how I really need to book a massage! I have been hunched over studying a lot recently, so I would love to treat myself after taking the boards! :) I wish I had some of those cookies for my Tues night TV! I’m thinking of making them for Thanksgiving!!
    Pamela recently posted..Organized In My Own Way

Did you know for the holidays they have chocolate covered pretzel crisps dipped in crushed peppermints? I resisted buying them but they sound SO good! lol. I have gotten a couple of hour long Swedish massages before. They are so amazing! The masseuse basically just told me to let her know if I wanted more/less pressure applied and it was so relaxing!
    Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..one month away

• Courtney says

YES – haha, I actually saw them advertised on their website when I went to link to them for this post. I haven’t seen them in the store yet…probably a good thing 😉

I had my first massage this summer and loved it! I have gone for 2 relaxation massages since and think I need to go for another soon :) My hubby had had hot stone massages and said they are awesome but make sure to get the hot and cold stone type.
    Lindsey recently posted..Early Christmas Gift!

I’m the same way with leftovers, I love using them to create a whole new meal. I also don’t waste a thing I find something to use it for. I love that!

Speaking of massages, I need one…i’m so sore from my workout yesterday!
    Tina recently posted..God is Good!

That wrap looks so good before I read that you made it my first thought was I hope she tells us where she got that from! ha!

I like massages…the best one I had was in Hawaii (obviously!) and the worst was at the Lake Austin Spa…the guy hurt me so bad I had bruises up and down my back for a week. I looked like someone had beat me.
    Kelly recently posted..stuff it

I love that you put your chicken leftovers in to a wrap! It looks delicious and looks like it could have come from a restaurant! :)

I’ve never had a massage before. I’m hoping that on my honeymoon my hubby to be and I can get a couples massage. After all the stress we’ve been dealing with lately, we could use a massage.
    Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: The Wedding Ring…

I love getting massages. I have done them all over the Capital Region… Kimbery’s in Latham, Spa Virgo on Lark Street in Albany, The Gideon Putnam Spa in Saratoga, etc.

However, I would recommend looking into getting a massage at the Center for Natural Wellness in Albany. It is a massage school so you can generally get low cost massages. I have personally never had a bad massage, although I personally like ones with a lot of pressure. They are great, especially if you work out a lot.

Another suggestion as a massage alternative… go to the Saratoga Spa and get a mineral bath (http://hungrytwenties.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-way-to-spend-saturday-morning.html). I recently tried this and loved it– great as a way to relax and way cheaper than a massage!
    Katelyn recently posted..Colon Cancer 5K playlist

• Nicole says

I love that place! I used to live in the Albany area, and went to the Center for Natural Wellness pretty frequently for cheap massages! They do a great job, and they are super professional. I’d totally recommend!

• Courtney says

I’ve actually been to the Center for Natural Wellness before and it was pretty great (and you definitely can’t beat the price!)

Thanks for the tips! :)