My Favorite Christmas Movie

Last night, Jay and I had a great time hanging out with some of our good friends for a delicious, homemade Christmas dinner. I just love finding reasons to celebrate the holiday even more!

We were greeted with lots of snacks when we arrived.

Including a batch of Julie’s White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn that Sarah made.

The popcorn was delicious, and just incase anyone was curious, the popcorn is just as delicious if you forget to add the extract to the melted chocolate and end up drizzling it over the top instead. Winking smile

For dinner, our friend Jim and his wife, Courtney, made us a full homemade Italian dinner, complete with Jim’s homemade sauce and meatballs. Everything was so, so good and I definitely went back for seconds of that garlic bread. I swear, I could eat Italian food every.single.day.

After dinner, the guys ended up playing poker while the girls sat and chatted, ate some amazing chocolate bark which is very similar to this recipe, and watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

source

I really think that has to be one of my favorite Christmas movies, ever. That Chevy Chase is quite a character and he honestly makes me think a lot of my dad. Smile

This morning, I made myself a yummy wafflewich for breakfast, and now Jay and I are getting ready to head out for the day.

A little shopping, a little family time, a little hair revamping, and a little football. A perfect Sunday, indeed!

Questions for the Morning:

What’s your favorite Christmas movie of all time?

What type of food/cuisine could you always eat and never get sick of?

Comments

i’m from a big italian family so i could never get sick of pasta with marinara sauce (or any italian food for that matter)! that looks great!!! i could also never get sick of cereal.

my fav christmas movie? hmm… i’m a big fan of frosty the snowman. i also adore watching ‘when harry met sally’ over the holidays because that’s kind of when the movie takes place, even though it’s not really a traditional “christmas” movie. such a classic!
    Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..What I’ve Been Up To

Aw, that sounds like a fun evening with friends! And great food to go along with it :). I LOVE Christmas Vacation. That is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies. I can’t pick just one haha…I also really like A Christmas Story, The Holiday, Elf, The Santa Clause, and Love Actually :). Hope you have a great Sunday!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..A Bit of Sunday Randomness

3. Carlene @ Carlene's Figments says

My husband showed me NLCV for the first time… So so funny. My favorite holiday movie is Elf. Tragically I find myself quoting Elf through the summer.

I could forever eat Vietnamese food and not be tired of it.
    Carlene @ Carlene’s Figments recently posted..Party Perfect Recipe: Pear Endive Boats

I love too many Christmas movies to pick just one! I lovee Rudolph though, it’s a classic. A Christmas story is another classic. I love asian food and am always up for it, but I think I’m loving Greek food a lot lately too!

Haha all the men are getting haircuts today…Julie’s Ryan, your Jay and my Ty…I did the “kitchen haircut”…it turned out great! Hope you had a good Sunday! I need to make that popcorn ASAP :)
    Claire recently posted..Weekend Activities

Christmas Vacation is the first holiday movie I watch every year! This year we watched it while decorating the Christmas tree. Lately it seems like I never get sick of pumpkin no matter how much I eat it. I’ve probably had it every day since September! My forever favorite food is probably cereal. It.never.gets.old.
    Shana recently posted..Ho Ho Hot Cocoa

favorite Christmas movie of all time also happens to be my favorite movie of all time – The Family Stone. I love ensemble casts and multiple story lines full of character development :)
    Heather recently posted..Meet Her