My Favorite Christmas Movie

by Courtney on December 11, 2011

Last night, Jay and I had a great time hanging out with some of our good friends for a delicious, homemade Christmas dinner. I just love finding reasons to celebrate the holiday even more!

We were greeted with lots of snacks when we arrived.

Including a batch of Julie’s White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn that Sarah made.

The popcorn was delicious, and just incase anyone was curious, the popcorn is just as delicious if you forget to add the extract to the melted chocolate and end up drizzling it over the top instead. Winking smile

For dinner, our friend Jim and his wife, Courtney, made us a full homemade Italian dinner, complete with Jim’s homemade sauce and meatballs. Everything was so, so good and I definitely went back for seconds of that garlic bread. I swear, I could eat Italian food every.single.day.

After dinner, the guys ended up playing poker while the girls sat and chatted, ate some amazing chocolate bark which is very similar to this recipe, and watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

source

I really think that has to be one of my favorite Christmas movies, ever. That Chevy Chase is quite a character and he honestly makes me think a lot of my dad. Smile

This morning, I made myself a yummy wafflewich for breakfast, and now Jay and I are getting ready to head out for the day.

A little shopping, a little family time, a little hair revamping, and a little football. A perfect Sunday, indeed!

Questions for the Morning:

What’s your favorite Christmas movie of all time?

What type of food/cuisine could you always eat and never get sick of?

1 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine December 11, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’m not sure about my favorite Christmas movie – but I know that I could eat Mexican food constantly (and I do) and not get tired of it. I just love salsa!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Pinterest Loving – 2

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine December 11, 2011 at 11:15 am

I’m not sure about my favorite Christmas movie. But I know that I could eat Mexican food every day and not get tired of it. I just love salsa!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Pinterest Loving – 2

3 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 11, 2011 at 11:16 am

i’m from a big italian family so i could never get sick of pasta with marinara sauce (or any italian food for that matter)! that looks great!!! i could also never get sick of cereal.

my fav christmas movie? hmm… i’m a big fan of frosty the snowman. i also adore watching ‘when harry met sally’ over the holidays because that’s kind of when the movie takes place, even though it’s not really a traditional “christmas” movie. such a classic!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..What I’ve Been Up To

4 jessica @ BEBT December 11, 2011 at 11:17 am

Mexican food is my fave! :) And Christmas vacation has to be the best holiday movie , just ahead of Elf!

5 Khushboo December 11, 2011 at 11:23 am

Mexican and Italian are 2 cuisines I will never tire! Fave Christmas movies for me are definitely Home Alone 2 and Santa Clause- just thinking about them makes mr smile!
Khushboo recently posted..Indigo Deli-cious

6 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. December 11, 2011 at 11:28 am

You make me miss my italian family back east! Each time I go home I make sure my grandmother makes a from scratch batch of pasta or gnucchi!
Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. recently posted..Healthy Hot Cocoa

7 Camilla December 11, 2011 at 11:40 am

the santa clause & elf!

8 Julie December 11, 2011 at 11:47 am

My faves are It’s a Wonderful Life and Love Actually :)

9 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 11, 2011 at 11:50 am

hahaha, that is a good movie!! Anything with Chevy Chase is bound to be good. :)
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Happiness in a lid

10 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 11, 2011 at 11:56 am

Aw, that sounds like a fun evening with friends! And great food to go along with it :). I LOVE Christmas Vacation. That is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies. I can’t pick just one haha…I also really like A Christmas Story, The Holiday, Elf, The Santa Clause, and Love Actually :). Hope you have a great Sunday!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..A Bit of Sunday Randomness

11 Shannon December 11, 2011 at 11:58 am

1. It’s a Wonderful Life
2. Italian or Mexican

12 Rachael Perrault December 11, 2011 at 11:59 am

I actually watched the same movie yesterday with some friends, how funny! It was my first time seeing it and I will definitely be watching it again soon! And my favorite food to eat would also be anything italian :)
Rachael Perrault recently posted..TGIF, enough said!

13 Carlene @ Carlene's Figments December 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm

My husband showed me NLCV for the first time… So so funny. My favorite holiday movie is Elf. Tragically I find myself quoting Elf through the summer.

I could forever eat Vietnamese food and not be tired of it.
Carlene @ Carlene’s Figments recently posted..Party Perfect Recipe: Pear Endive Boats

14 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I love too many Christmas movies to pick just one! I lovee Rudolph though, it’s a classic. A Christmas story is another classic. I love asian food and am always up for it, but I think I’m loving Greek food a lot lately too!

15 Pamela December 11, 2011 at 12:21 pm

My favorite Christmas movie is by far Christmas Vacation. I think my sister and I could quote most of the movie!! :) I also like Love Actually and The Holiday!
Pamela recently posted..Treadmill Roadblock

16 Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath December 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I love Elf lately…and the Grinch! I could probably eat Italian or Mexican food almost every single day! Happy Sunday :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath recently posted..Finding the positive….

17 Candice @ Sailing on Paper December 11, 2011 at 1:12 pm

My absolute favorite is It’s a Wonderful Life and my second favorite is Love Actually!
Candice @ Sailing on Paper recently posted..My Favorites

18 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Um, can I please come visit. I want italian food and chocolate bark. Okaysoundsgood.

Also I am on break for a WHOLE MONTH starting Thursday so basically I might be driving through Albany and you + me + Heather need to make lunch/din. Deal? Deal.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Greek Men + Prose-spiration.

19 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony December 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm

White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney and Italian! I’m 100% Italian and grew up in my mother and grandmother’s kitchen. While I try to recreate their dishes, nothing tastes like your mom’s!
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..OIAJ!

20 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Such a good movie! “its good its good its good.”

21 Rebecca December 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Italian food and sushi. Every night I could devour the stuff. Love! And the original Miracle on 34th Street is my absolute fave. That and the Santa Claus, of course.
Rebecca recently posted..How-To Wednesday: Smokey Eyes

22 Clare @ SweetnSimple December 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Love Actually is my fave.. I think :) And I could never get sick of Japanese (hello sushi!) although I do love Mexican too!

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love Elf; it never gets old!

And I’m with you on the Italian; I can’t get enough!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Giveaway: Chocolate & Peanut Butter-Covered Pretzels

24 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats December 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm

My all time favorite Christmas movie is Home Alone! :) And I am totally with you on being able to eat Italian food every single day!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..what I’ve learned

25 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm

There are a lot of Christmas movies I love. Home Alone is a great one, The Santa Clause is funny, and I love Elf. But my favorite is a movie from 1991 called “All I Want For Christmas,” where these two kids scheme to get their divorced parents back together for Christmas. So cheesy, but so good!! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My Chicken Cacciatore Needs YOUR Help!

26 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I love Home Alone and Miracle on 34th Street (the new-ish one) – both two of my favorite Christmas movies! We still have yet to watch both of them this year, so I guess we better get on it!

Your Italian dinner looks so good! I do love Italian, but I could eat some version of Mexican almost every night. Ahh I love it! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..To Give You A Lil Smile For Your Sunday…

27 Claire December 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Haha all the men are getting haircuts today…Julie’s Ryan, your Jay and my Ty…I did the “kitchen haircut”…it turned out great! Hope you had a good Sunday! I need to make that popcorn ASAP :)
Claire recently posted..Weekend Activities

28 Lindsey December 11, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Elf is my favorite Christmas movie :) I don’t think I could get sick of a lot of foods – Mexican, Italian, Thai. But I would get sick of Chinese easily I think.
Lindsey recently posted..Busy Saturday, Lazy Sunday

29 Shana December 11, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Christmas Vacation is the first holiday movie I watch every year! This year we watched it while decorating the Christmas tree. Lately it seems like I never get sick of pumpkin no matter how much I eat it. I’ve probably had it every day since September! My forever favorite food is probably cereal. It.never.gets.old.
Shana recently posted..Ho Ho Hot Cocoa

30 erica December 12, 2011 at 2:55 am

favorite xmas movie: love actually

i could probably eat anything with noodles forever. i love pasta!!!!
erica recently posted..the holidays…bring it on!

31 Heather December 12, 2011 at 7:54 am

favorite Christmas movie of all time also happens to be my favorite movie of all time – The Family Stone. I love ensemble casts and multiple story lines full of character development :)
Heather recently posted..Meet Her

32 Olivia @unleashingmymind December 12, 2011 at 9:29 pm

That picture of your dinner is exactly what I could eat allll the time and never get sick of. My mom is Italian and makes the best homemade sauce (:
Olivia @unleashingmymind recently posted..Chocolate Oats