Wedding Fun

by Courtney on December 18, 2011

Congratulations, Mike & Meg!

Last night, Jay and I attended our friends’ Mike & Meg’s wedding, which was absolutely beautiful from start to finish. There was no denying the fact that they were completely excited for their special day!

mike and meg wedding

After the ceremony was over, there was a little bit of time to kill before the reception started, so we headed over with a few of our friends to have a drink at one of their houses. It was an unexpected visit, but they very generously opened their home up to everyone, which was so nice. I had a glass of wine while we were there.

Eventually, we made our way over to the reception and were immediately greeted with a glass of champagne. Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! ;)

Mike & Meg also had a Signature Tree print done by our friend, Christina, which was absolutely stunning. It fit perfectly with their winter theme.

As soon as we walked into the ballroom, I’m pretty sure that my jaw dropped right to the floor. Is this place not beautiful or what?

Their reception was held at The Hall of Springs in Saratoga Springs which is just gorgeous. I’d been inside before, but never for a wedding, so seeing it all done up was just breathtaking.

After taking a few minutes to scope out the scene, Jay and I headed into the cocktail hour to grab ourselves a drink and have a couple bites to eat.

The cocktail hour was filled with lots of yummy treats, everything from mini sandwiches to breaded eggplant bruschetta salad.

I ended up nibbling on a few bites here and there while chatting away with Sarah and Cortney.

Before we knew it, it was time for the reception to get under way, so we grabbed our place cards and headed to our table.

Christina also did the place cards, so it was no surprise that they were just as adorable.

We had a pretty fun table. :)

For dinner, we started off with salad, which Jay has now said that he wants me to re-create. Yeah, no idea on that one, but they were quite tasty.

Jay and I each got a different entree and did a bit of sharing. He ordered steak, while I ordered chicken.

It’s a tough call on which one was my favorite. They were both delicious!

Me & Sarah :)

After a little bit of dancing, I noticed that the cake had been served, so I made sure to run over and grab my piece before it disappeared (since that always seems to happen to me).

In addition to the wedding cake, there was also a dessert buffet that immediately caught my attention.

I grabbed a few different pastries to try, but of course a great song came on as soon as I got it (it was probably “Sexy and I Know It”) so I had to set down my plate to go get my boogy on.

Unfortunately, those darn waitresses were really on top of their game because by the time I got back to the table, my plate was nowhere in site. Such a bummer!

Despite getting robbed of my dessert plate, the rest of the evening was an absolute blast and we were so happy to be able to share Mike & Meg’s special day with them.

I just love weddings! :)

Now, since I’m actually blogging from my parents’ house right now, it’s time to get back to the cookie baking and sauce makin’. We’ve got lots on the agenda again for today!

1 Sarah (I Dream of Beets) December 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love your friend’s wedding dress! So pretty! I also love your outfit. I’ve been looking for a lacy dress for Christmas dinner, when my boyfriend’s parents arrive. Yours is very cute. I love Saratoga Springs; I used to live in Lake Placid and am used to making stops there. Very cute.

2 Courtney December 18, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I got the dress from David’s Bridal, in case you’re interested ;)

3 Shannon from Healthiful Balance December 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Congrats to them! :)
I love your dress!
Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..First Vlog!

4 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy December 18, 2011 at 1:20 pm

What a beautiful wedding!
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Taking a Blog Break

5 Khushboo December 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Your dress looks great on you! Looks like a fun wedding, it makes all the difference when the DJ is on form!
Khushboo recently posted..Salmon says

6 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

you look so pretty! love your dress. bummer your dessert plate got stolen- i wouldve been quite upset. haha. glad you had a great night!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..Mint Kiss-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies

7 Shari December 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Oh my goodness, what a STUNNING venue! It looks so pretty with all the twinkling lights :) Also – love your dress!
Shari recently posted..Page by Page.

8 Courtney December 18, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Thanks, Shari!

9 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Ahahhaha aka, theme song of the month. I love weddings. But I do hate those waitresses. You almost need to put a note by your plate!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..SOMS

10 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

What a gorgeous wedding! Ah I love weddings! I can’t wait until my friends start getting married!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..Baking For A Cause (Giveaway)

11 Shannon December 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

That wedding looked so much fun! The food looks delicious.

I absolutely love that winter theme and the cute tree drawing. Your friend, Christina, is very creative.

12 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm

This looks like a beautiful wedding! Are those ornament favors? Such a cute idea for a wedding this time of year!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Tying up Loose Ends

13 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Wow, that reception hall looks gorgeous!! And your dress is so pretty…you look so pretty Courtney!! Now that I’m engaged I love seeing wedding things even more so I can get ideas haha.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Home Sweet Home

14 Pamela December 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm

The same thing happened to me at my sister’s wedding! Something came up before I had time to eat the cake, and it was gone by the time I got back to the table. I was so bummed!!
Pamela recently posted..Survival Mode

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm

What a beautiful wedding! The whole thing is simply stunning! WOW!!! :) …Missing dessert plate :( bummer. Glad you had fun!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..It’s the final countdown!

16 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection December 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Courtney-your dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! Where is it from?!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 12/11 – 12/17

17 Courtney December 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thanks! It’s from David’s Bridal

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Christmas time weddings are always so pretty and elegant with all the decorations the venues usually have. I wish I had thought about that when we got married. It’s like free decorations! Looks like it was a great time!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pineapple orange tropical muffins

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 18, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Love the dress you wore! That looks like a beautiful venue! I am definitely a dancing queen at weddings as well.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..top 15 christmas questions

20 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm

such beautiful wedding! i love how they decorated the place up for the reception. and your dress is so pretty! i’m guessing that’s the new one you recently bought at David’s Bridal?? i love it!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..I Did It!

21 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 18, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I love weddings!:) looks like you had an awesome time!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Christmas Cookie Round-Up

22 melissa (fitnessnyc) December 18, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Gorgeous, the Hall of Springs is one of the places on my wedding dream list! also, beautiful dress.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Small Kitchens, Big Cookies

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 18, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Um, I would have demanded a second dessert plate. ;) Taking my dessert is NOT acceptable!

But it looks like you had a great time! We just celebrated our 1 year anniverary today. I wish I could re-live my wedding all over again! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..One year.

24 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 18, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Beautiful wedding! And a great dress :) Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. :)

25 Kellie Wagner December 18, 2011 at 10:52 pm

As much as I personally didn’t want a winter wedding, it can be incredibly beautiful and romantic with the white/glitter colors. Beautiful venue!
Kellie Wagner recently posted..More to a marathon than miles

26 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 18, 2011 at 11:40 pm

You look beautiful in that dress! That reception hall has some competition ;)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Lessons Learned

27 Hope December 19, 2011 at 8:23 am

I love weddings too! The wedding looked absolutely beautiful! :) The dress that you wore is really pretty! You looked stunning!
Hope recently posted..Bakefest 2011!…

28 Shayla @ The Good Life December 19, 2011 at 8:32 am

Courtney! I absolutely love the dress you ended up choosing – gorgeous!! And you look stunningly beautiful girl – to me you can never go wrong with black and lace – timeless! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..A Very Special Package & A Holiday Survey

29 Paige @ Running Around Normal December 19, 2011 at 12:37 pm

What a stunning reception (and bride!:)) Sounds like a lot of fun. You look great, too, Courtney!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Christmas Rice Crispy Cookies + Auto Accountability