Tilapia Tacos with Roasted Corn Relish

Tonight’s dinner was super delicious you guys.

Super delicious.

I noticed that tilapia was on sale this week at Price Chopper, so I decided to grab a couple filets while shopping the other day and see what I could come up with. It then dawned on me that I still have a ton of corn tortillas leftover from when I tried out the scrambled egg tacos recipe, and that’s when things started to come together.

I did a little bit of searching around online, found a few recipes that caught my attention, put my own little spin on them and VOILA…

We had ourselves some amazing Tilapia Tacos this evening.

They were actually pretty easy to make and could even be done a lot quicker by taking care of some of the prep work ahead of time (i.e., chopping vegetables). Other than that, this recipe came together in a cinch, and WOW, was it full of flavor!

As much as I loved the roasted corn relish topping, the seasoning on the tilapia was truly delicious; slightly spicy, yet slightly sweet, thanks to the addition of cinnamon. Yup, cinnamon. They.are.winners.

This dinner, which was actually supposed to happen yesterday, was well worth the wait. If you wanted to, I’d suggest adding in some black beans, too. I’ll be doing that next time, as it was an afterthought for me this evening. Ahh well.

So what do ya think – do you see any fish tacos in your future now? Smile

*****

As for tonight’s after dinner snack?

Welllll, did you guys know that it’s National Peanut Butter Day today? And would ya take a look at what just happened to come to my doorstep today?

Oh yes, my friends. Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios. I can.not.wait to dig into these babies! Really, does life GET much better than this?

Yes, it probably does…but, ya know. I like to exaggerate every now and then. Winking smile

Comments

those tilapia tacos sure do look and sound tasty! i really like the looks of the corn relish recipe. all the flavors seem like they’d go SO well together! i haven’t made fish tacos in ages, mostly just because i forgot about them. i need to include them back into our weekly dinner menus!

ohh national peanut butter day – love, love, love. let us know how you like those pb cheerios! i’ve been seeing them around and am curious how they taste before i go buy a box. 😉
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Day Worth Celebrating

These look so delicious and like they’d be so fresh tasting! Coincidentally, I just bought tilapia and some trout at the supermarket today. This recipe sounds tempting…I may plan to make it, or a variation with what I have on-hand, tomorrow. Looks delicious! :)
    Marty recently posted..Crispy Kale Chips

Double yum in this post! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the PB Cheerios (I’ve been thinking about picking them up, but haven’t yet) and I have seriously had a craving for fish tacos for the past 3 days. They look so beautiful too!
    Anna recently posted..Quotable inspiration

YUM! I actually made Tilapia Tacos on Sunday night! Definitely one of my favorite meals! A great marinade (Bobby Flay’s via Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats) is olive oil, 1 T chili powder, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice and a jalapeno chopped up. I let it sit about 15 minutes then throw them on a scalding hot grill pan!
    Kristine @ Running on Hungry recently posted..HIIT Me!

tilapia tacos are one of my favorite dishes to make! I use a non-recipe/recipe from Jess Merchant circa 2009 that I absolutely LOVE and find my self craving about every 6 weeks or so. You may have just sparked another craving, my dear!! Your photos are making my tummy growl for dinner at 7:14 AM!!
    Heather recently posted..Simply Saturday

Those tacos look delicious. My mother in law is coming into town this week and I’ve been trying to dig up a good fish recipe for her. She lives in St Louis and says she can’t ever get any fresh fish like we have in South Florida! So we like to spoil her with fish when she comes to visit.
    Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Workouts and Birthdays

7. Nicole says

Too funny – I made fish tacos with tilapia last night too! Your recipe sounds much better than how mine turned out though – I love the idea of adding cinnamon. I’ll have to save this for next time!

8. Courtney S. says

I definitely want to try out the Fish Taco recipe, I am practically drooling at my desk!! One question (and it doesn’t just apply to this recipe): When using only half an avocado, what do you do to the other half to keep it fresh? Avocado turns brown and mushy SO quickly once it’s cut…

Trackbacks