Lunch Date With Dad & A Little Shopping

by Courtney on January 26, 2012

I’ve only got about another hour left until I officially have my new car starter and I can.not.wait. From the looks of it, it seems like it’s a good thing I got it done today because it’s starting to look more and more wintery out there. Booo.

Earlier today, before heading out, I wound up doing a quick superset workout which was great. I’ll definitely be sharing soon because I loved everything about it – quick and effective for sure!

Once I had that checked off my to-do list, I dropped off my car to get worked on and then it was time for my lunch date. We ended up at a place in downtown Albany called Wolf’s 1-11; I’ve been here once but it went by a different name. Nothing mind-blowing, but we did score a seat upstairs which left us with a pretty cool view.

For lunch, I decided to order their Waldorf Salad.

The chicken was nice and fresh, which I loved, but it wasn’t until I finished taking the photos that I realized that half of my order was wrong.

The waitress remembered to get my walnuts and blue cheese on the side, but I had no apples, no grapes, no croutons, and the completely wrong dressing. Luckily, she was very sweet and got it switched out pretty quick…but then my dad went and got me paranoid that somebody probably went and peed on it.

Oy vey. I can always count on dad to crack jokes. Always. Smile

After my fun lunch date with that handsome devil above, I headed out to the mall quick to pick up a few necessities.

Since I’ll be starting up at the new job full time next week, I figured it’d be a good idea to stock up on a few extra pairs of black stretch pants. I’ve always loved the Stretch Fold-Over Pants from Express, and they were even buy 1 get one 50% off. Pair that with my $15.00 off birthday coupon, and it wasn’t too bad of a deal!

I was also in need of some new studs, so I went and picked up my trusty “buy 2 get 1 free’s” from Claire’s (aka, my favorite place to buy earrings – I don’t care what anyone else says). My typical purchase is almost always two pairs of studs (since I have three holes and leave these in the top two) and one pair of fun ones. These hoops totally stood out to me today.

Once I got my necessities, I bolted out of that mall as fast as I could in order to stop myself from doing major damage with the credit card. Today was definitely one of those days where everywhere I turned, I thought “wow, I need that.” It was not good.

BUT, I managed to get out without doing any harm to the plastic, and rewarded myself with a pit stop at Starbucks for an iced coffee.

Don’t worry…I had a gift card. Winking smile

Now I’m planning on catching up on a few more things while I’m here before heading back out to pick up my car. Hopefully this snow lets up a bit because I really, really dislike driving in it…especially during rush hour!

1 Allison January 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm

mmm, that iced coffee looks delicious! What is your iced coffee order. I always get overwhelmed at starbucks and it ends up tasting like junk. I actually prefer DD but I need to spend my Starbucks gift card!
Allison recently posted..ashamed

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm

claire’s is always my “go to” place for studs and earrings too! ;) i’m always losing them and don’t want to spend a fortune on them, so claire’s it is!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Pinterest Food Love

3 Mallory @ Have your cake January 26, 2012 at 4:10 pm

love the hoops- they are ALWAYS in! wearing some now!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..Easy Weeknight Meal

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’m always paranoid when I send something back at a restaurant!

I haven’t been inside of a Clair’s in years, but from the looks of those hoops, I might have to stop in next time I’m at the mall!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..WIAW on Thursday

5 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family January 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I need to hit up Claires for some new earrings. I wear the same ones every single day and I need some more options! And that iced coffee looks particularly good!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..My First What I ate Wednesday!

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Fun day!! Your dad is so funny … way to ruin lunch for you! ;)

I HATE driving in the snow, too … which is why I’m so excited that we’re moving to Atlanta haha! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Zucchini Bread and more on Atlanta.

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I haven’t been in Claire’s in years! It’s one of those places I forget about but would probably be worth stopping in every now & then!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..I’ve Come a Long Way

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I get worried when there is something wrong with my order and I have to send it back- maybe they spit or sneezed on it or maybe they put some of the old food in there— So I get where you are coming from! ….Dads! They make life *so* interesting!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Subpar, Subway, Submerge …. Teacher moment

9 Jodi January 26, 2012 at 5:12 pm

It’s so hard to leave the credit card in the purse, but it’s so worth it in the end.
Jodi recently posted..MAJOR SHOCKER & BBB

10 Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I need to stop into Claire’s more often. I used to LOVE that place when I was younger but have stopped shopping there. Not sure why..they do have nice jewelry for cheap!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Playing Catch Up

11 Faith January 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I have the exact same earring arrangement goin on – the top two never change but I occasionally switch up the bottom hole with something fun!
Faith recently posted..Comment on This is How a Heart Breaks by Allie

12 jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites January 26, 2012 at 6:01 pm

hi courtney! i stumbled over your cute blog from OSG a couple of months ago, i think, and have been reading ever since! love your story! hope you did have fun with your Dad! good luck with the new job! -jasper

13 Courtney January 26, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Thanks, Jasper! :)

14 Jasper @ crunchylittlebites January 26, 2012 at 8:13 pm

no problemo! – faithful reader, jasper :D

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 26, 2012 at 6:01 pm

You can get some really great jewelry from places like Claires!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Quinoa with Eggplant and Peppers

16 Nikki @ Heels to Sneakers January 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I have a pair of the fold-over pants that I bought at TJ Maxx and I have had them for years, and I could never find another pair like them….

Now I know where I can get some! Thanks for the post :)
Nikki @ Heels to Sneakers recently posted..Today’s run and a new routine

17 Lindsay @ biking before bed January 26, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I get most of my earrings from Claire’s too… I always end up losing one after a few months so I never can justify spending too much. Looks like a fun lunch with dad… my dad visited me last weekend and it was so fun having daddy daughter time!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..11 Things

18 Chantal January 26, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Haha, I love how many of us are “coming out” about shopping at Claire’s! Totally something I’ve never stopped doing :)
Chantal recently posted..Wednesday Wisdoms

19 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 26, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I didn’t know express had stretchy pants! I’ve heard Victoria’s Secret had good ones and have been meaning to check them out, but I’ll have to look at Express too!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Food Awards

20 Lauren January 26, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Express is the death of my credit card! SEriously, every single time I go in there, I can’t stop.
Lauren recently posted..Breaking My Self Proclaimed Label

21 jana @ newly wife healthy life January 26, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Haha wow! That is exactly what my husband always does to me. Everytime we are out to eat and I send my plate back for one reason or another, he always freaks me out into thinking something is being done to my plate in return of my complaint! lol
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Want to go out to eat with me?

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I love any time that I get to wear yoga pants! I think I should become a trainer for that reason alone!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..spinach and artichoke white bean chili

23 Khushboo January 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Credit cards are so dangerous- purchases don’t seem real when I’m paying by plastic!
Khushboo recently posted..Dear Fellow Gym-Goers

24 J @ ... semplicemente j ... January 27, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love that you can have a lunch date with dad … I thought I would never admit it … but I love Claire’s hoop earrings … my daughters used to borrow (and lose) my nice silver hoop earrings … and therefore I decided to go the Claire’s route … I can change often and do not really mind if one gets lost!
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..I am all caught up … and now I have to run!