Sunday Mornings Are Perfect For…

by Courtney on February 5, 2012

I think I’ve decided that Sunday mornings are absolutely perfect for pancakes.

The only thing about regular pancakes is that they just don’t always stay with me very long. For example, last Sunday’s birthday pancakes were delicious, but I was hungry within about two hours of eating them. So to avoid that situation again, I decided to put together a batch of pumpkin protein pancakes.

I followed the same recipe as usual, but added in 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and about 2 heaping tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the batter. I topped my ‘cakes with another serving of Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, half a sliced banana, and a tiny drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup.

I seriously can’t believe I’ve waited so long to make these again. They’re so good and SO filling. Definitely a perfect start to my Sunday!

Once these babies digest, I’m planning on getting in a workout (still TBD), followed by a little prep work in the kitchen for our Super Bowl snacks for this evening.

So far, Jay and I are planning on making:

There’s still a few other things we’re tossing around, but we don’t want to end up with *too* much food, especially since our friends are bringing some things as well. I guess we’ll see what happens!

Will you be watching the game today??

1 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Oh my, I need to check to see if I have all the ingredients! They look amazing!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Birthday Pancakes

2 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files February 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

I plan on making the buffalo chicken dip too!!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Eating and Drinking my way through NYC

3 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 5, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’ll be “watching” the game and by game I mean commercials :) Let me know how you like the loaded potato bites!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Superbowl Appetizers & Treats

4 Victoria Runs February 5, 2012 at 10:57 am

Sundays are our Fundays…. I love to start off with pancakes and a LARGE coffee :)
Victoria Runs recently posted..Sparkly Soul WINNER!

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

I won’t be watching the game but I still have plans to make a few “party” type snacks to enjoy :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Whole wheat sweet potato banana muffins

6 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath February 5, 2012 at 11:08 am

Those recipes sound great—are you going to share the recipes after your party on here?? :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

7 jana @ newly wife healthy life February 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

We are headed to my parent’s later for the game! A healthified appetizer sampler is on the agenda for the day, can’t wait!
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Not What You Think

8 Shannon February 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

Probably just bits and pieces. I am definitely going to tune into the commercials and watch at least a quarter of the game. I’m not a huge football fan, but I want the Giants to win.

Go Giants! :)
Shannon recently posted..Books vs. Movies

9 Faith February 5, 2012 at 11:21 am

If I can get my car to start, I’m going to a friend’s superbowl party…otherwise I’ll be at my apt watching the big game alone – boo :/
Faith recently posted..Comment on Early Valentine’s Surprise by Allie

10 Khushboo February 5, 2012 at 11:25 am

No Superbowl for me- that would be 4am my time. I font think that would kick my week to a good start! Enjoy it :)
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorite: Sunwarrior

11 Amy February 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

Those pancakes look scrumptious!! I agree, Sunday mornings are the best for lazy and comforting breakfasts :)

Go Pats!! Enjoy all the delicious food :)

12 Olivia February 5, 2012 at 11:42 am

Sounds like a ton of yummy food! I’m going to a pizza party and I hope someone brings chips and dip or something too! I wanna splurge, haha!
Olivia recently posted..Snacks & Suburgatory

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm

yum! i’ve been craving pancakes lately, so i think i’ll have to whip these up soon! i love how protein packed they are!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Good News And Bad News

14 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I’ll be “watching” the game today. Mainly the commercials and halftime show :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Surprise!

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I need to get my bum home so that I can make some buffalo chicken dip too! Mmmmm! I’m also using that recipe! :)
I am wearing my Manning jersey ready for the game! Go GIANTS!!!! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Heavenly Healthy Cake for One

16 Rachel February 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I’m very curious as to who you’re rooting for! I know you’re a Jets fan. My boyfriend is as well, so I know that this superbowl is a Jets fan’s worst nightmare! hahaha. Although he has decided that the Giants are the lesser of two evils (which may have to do with my influence =])

Go Giants! =]

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Wow, hope you enjoy all of your Super Bowl eats!! I’m not really into the game this year, but I’m sure I’ll be watching it b/c my husband will be! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Stress.

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

My husband & I are headed to his brother’s house for the game! I’m really in it for the food! ;-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Friday Favorites, Winter Beauty Products

19 Sabine February 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I can’t watch the game because it starts after midnight here in Germany and I have to work tomorrow.
I am not a football fan myself (I like soccer better, this game is huge in Germany), but my boyfriend surely is!
He is playing football himself for years, but injured his shoulder severely last spring and is still recovering. He paid for special TV channels so that he could watch football games all season long on ESPN America.
I always thought it is funny, that my boyfriend is Bosnian, born and raised in Germany and loves American Football :) .
So, tonight he will watch the Superbowl with my Dad who doesn’t know a lot about the game but enjoys the time with his son-in-law-to-be.
I made a batch of Minestrone-like vegetable soup for dinner and they can eat that for a midnight snack again if they want to :) .

To all of you who will be watching tonight: HAVE FUN!!

20 Autumn February 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for posting that link to the cheese sticks. You should get Jay to post his salsa recipe!
Autumn recently posted..Valentine’s Day Swap!

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I’ll be watching the game, but not really rooting for anyone in general – just going for the food! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..11 random things

22 Lindsey February 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Sure am :) But to be honest have no interest in the game, just going to see the commercials and be with good friends :)
Lindsey recently posted..Best Brunch

23 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 5, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Those pancakes look fantastic!! No super bowl plans here. I’m not a huge sports girl but I think I’ll watch it for the commercials! There are always some good ones!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Sloth Saturday

24 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 5, 2012 at 7:16 pm

they totally are! i had banana buckwheat pancakes after my race today – delish!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..I am ready.

25 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 5, 2012 at 10:48 pm

There’s a game on? :) No, not watching, just hanging out and taking it easy. Catching up on some blog reading. :) Have a great night!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Killer buns and thighs!