I Challenge You

by Courtney on March 14, 2012

Heyyyyy there and a big ‘ol happy Wednesday to you!

I’ll tell ya, I am in such a good mood right now – the sun is shining, I’m off of work for the day, I’ve eaten some delicious food, had a couple (yes, a couple) killer workouts for the day, AND I have fun stuff planned for tonight.

Does it get much better than that? I didn’t think so…so let me fill ya’ll in!

*****

Workout

This morning was an early shift at work, so since I had some time in between sessions, I made sure to squeeze in my own workout. According to my Bootcamp schedule, today’s workout called for 20 minutes of steady state cardio (I did 10 minutes each on the elliptical and treadmill) + “Workout B.”

Now, you guys remember me talking about Workout B last week, right? Well guess what…it’s not gettin’ any easier! My quads were still burnin’ today, and thanks to this week’s tempo changes, the moves were extra challenging – in a good way, of course!

Breakfast

Once I was finished with my own workout, I had about an hour before my next session, so I used that time to eat the breakfast that I brought along with me. I also somehow managed to wind up with a 1-pump DD’s Caramel Almond iced coffee with skim milk…

Not quite sure how that happened. Smile

Breakfast + coffee were amazing. I made a batch of overnight oats last night and was psyched to be able to make them “jar” style since I finally used up the last of my TJ’s almond butter.

Want to know something funny? Some (no, probably all) of you will most likely gasp when you find out just how long I’ve had this jar of almond butter. I actually challenge you to try and find out…I posted about it on here, umm, a while ago.

Let me know if you can find it. Maybe I’ll even throw in a prize. Winking smile

But anyway…today’s oats were definitely top notch. I added in a bunch of fresh blueberries for nutrients + volume and topped it with some Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola for the mere fact that the stuff is just incredible.

I love me some overnight oats.

*****

I finished up the rest of my shift at work today with a pretty killer Tabata class. The attendance is still on the low side, but that’s okay; we just started promoting it a bit more, so I’m hoping I’ll start getting a few more to trickle in.

Today’s participants were definitely nice and sweaty on their way out the door (myself included) and they seemed to like it, so that definitely ended my day on a good note.

Now, it’s about time for me to go grab some lunch…I’m thinking a turkey sandwich sounds pretty awesome right about now!

Question for the Afternoon:

So just how old do you think that almond butter REALLY is? Winking smile

1 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 14, 2012 at 1:48 pm

okay, I have no idea how old that almond butter IS, but I want it badly. it looks like the almond-version of the Naturally More PB I looooove… I want flax seed almond buttah!

must. find. now.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Taper Tips

2 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 14, 2012 at 1:52 pm

MMmmm that nut butter looks good! Maybe 2 weeks?! (I have no idea in all honesty. Hah)

I love a good sweat session–teaching those to others is really a highlight of every day for me too. It just FEELS good to help others :)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Why BodyPUMP Makes You Faster

3 Katrina March 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Either October 23, 2010 or March 26, 2011!!

4 Megan S. March 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Man Katrina beat me to the punch! I almost picked up that kind of TJ’s the other day but opted for the regular unsalted for now…that will have to be my next purchase after this jar runs out!
Megan S. recently posted..Alyssa Phillips Battle With Cancer + A Give-a-way

5 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hmm.. I am going to go out on a limb and guess 2 months?! Lol taking a guess! I am glad your Tabata class is going well, I wish my gym offered a class like yours. I am new to Tabata training and would love to learn more from someone who actually knows what she’s doing, unlike me! Ha ;-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Conflicting Food Arguments

6 Faith @ For the Health of It March 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I’m going to guess a year! IDK how nut butter lasts that long in your house but dang!

7 Brooke March 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Let’s go with a year!? That almond butter looks DELISH! :)

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 14, 2012 at 2:15 pm

i had overnight oats in a very similar almost empty nut butter jar this morning too! yum, it was tasty! i’m going to guess the almond butter jar was as old as that trader joe’s bread mix you recently made? that is a totally random guess!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #25: San Antonio Recap

9 Khushboo March 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

When you teach tabata, do you get a workout too? Or do you walk around to check form etc? I always wondered that about trainers, especially when he/she teaches multiple classes daily.
Khushboo recently posted..My Current Digs VIII…UAE edition

10 Courtney March 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm

For today’s class, I’d say I probably did about 60% of the class. I want to do as much as I can along with them, but I also like to check for proper form, etc. Either way, I still get in a pretty good workout myself. :)

11 Brooke March 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Think I found it! October 24, 2010? GEEEEZZE GIRL! What happened, was it stashed in the back of your pantry? haha

12 Courtney March 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Hahaha…for a while, yes, it was!

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I’m guessing maybe a year ago? I wonder how long nut butter actually stays fresh for. I haven’t had almond butter in so long.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Guestbook Ideas…

14 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 14, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I still have never tried overnight oats, but since it’s so hot oat, I’m not really wanting to have hot oatmeal in the morning. I may have to try them soon!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW: First barbecue of the year!

15 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 14, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I just finished that same jar from Trader Joe, I just love the Flax Seeds in it.
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Mixed Bowl of Goodness

16 Caroline March 14, 2012 at 2:52 pm

How long does almond/peanut butter even last? I feel like I never look at the expiration of it!
Caroline recently posted..Sweet and Savory Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

17 Courtney March 14, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Haha, hopefully a LONG time ;)

18 michelle kim March 14, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I’ll guess really big and go with… 1.5 years ago?
The overnight oats look great though!
michelle kim recently posted..Looking forward to…

19 Jen @ Whittle My Middle March 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Looks old so maybe a year?? I’m a huge fan of tabata. I’d come to your class if I lived in the area :)
Jen @ Whittle My Middle recently posted..WIAW – Weekday Paleo Eats

20 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl March 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I love DD’s coffee. Iced coffee sounds so good. i wish the cafe at work carried it. They only have all the sweet froo froo iced blended drinks.

I gander 6 months on that jar.
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Dinner, Dumbells and DOMS

21 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness March 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I’m looking forward to a beautiful run outside with the pup later. Such a great day and so I am in a good mood too!
I don’t really know if I want to know the age of your almond butter…ahh! Lol.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Survive Allergy Season: Tips for an Allergy-Free Home

22 Candice March 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

2 months? just a guess! LOVE AB.
Candice recently posted..Frozen Hot Chocolate

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm

6 months old??? ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW: The night dinner was thrown out.

24 Kristin March 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm

october 23rd but the post is from the 24th of 2010

25 Courtney March 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm

DING DING DING!!! :-D

26 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 14, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I also somehow ended up with an iced DD in hand this afternoon :). But unfortunately they did not listen to my 1 pump request so it was too sweet to finish. If I wanted to drink pure sugar I would go get a milkshake.
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..1 Mile Challenge Progress, Choco PB Banana Bites, and WIAW

27 Grey March 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I really love dunkin’ donuts and even my children wanted to be there every week…
Grey recently posted..RSA Certificate

28 Laura March 14, 2012 at 4:48 pm

If Im not mistaken your Almond Butter has flax seed in it! Thats awesome! What gym do you teach at? I live in Albany and would love to come try one of your Tabata classes!

29 Alaina March 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Yep, I’m going to say late October, 2010. That’s ok, it’s still good. :-)
Alaina recently posted..Union Square Foodie Crawl

30 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 14, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Oats In A Jar :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Oatmeal Cereal

31 Shannon March 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm

From July of 2011? I’m not sure. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm…it doesn’t look *too* bad to be considered old.
Shannon recently posted..Are we considered ‘pet crazy’?

32 Caitlin @ Chasingamile March 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Workout B kicked my booty today! The tempo change makes such a difference!
Caitlin @ Chasingamile recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

33 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I’m lucky if a jar of almond butter or peanut lasts longer than a week in my apartment… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Foodie for a Day // Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

34 Arimey March 14, 2012 at 11:07 pm

What time & day is your Tabata class? I go to your gym – I’ve actually seen you there a few times, but am bad at approaching people because I don’t want to seem like a creeper :) – and am definitely interested in trying it out!

35 Courtney March 15, 2012 at 8:35 am

Awwww, no way!! The schedule is actually posted throughout the gym now, but here are the times:
Monday: 7:00am & 4:30pm
Wednesday: 7:00am & 12:00pm
Friday: 4:30pm
Hopefully I’ll see you there!! :-)

36 Miz March 15, 2012 at 6:40 am

I volunteer to taste it and find out!! :)
Miz recently posted..where do you find your REAL motivation?