One Year To The Day

by Courtney on March 29, 2012

Looky looky what I got today!

That’s right…this morning, I became $82.00 richer after trading in a big bag of clothes at Clothes Mentor. It wasn’t until shortly after the last time I dropped clothes off at Plato’s Closet that I found out Clothes Mentor takes more “adult” clothes. I actually had quite a few pieces of “teacher” clothing that I didn’t plan on wearing again, so I packed it all up and got rid of it.

Speaking of teaching, talk about ironic…it just so happens that the day I get rid of many of my teaching clothes is exactly one year to the day that I found out about my teaching job, or lack thereof. Boy, a lot sure can happen in a year, can’t it? All for the better though, I say!

So back to this morning and that $82.00 I earned. Want to know what I did with it? Welllll, I headed to Target, that’s what I did.

I got myself an iced coffee from Starbucks to walk around with…

…and within about two hours, all of those $82.00 were spent. You’re not surprised, are you? ;)

I picked up a couple basic t-shirts, a C9 workout tank, C9 sports bra, a super-cute spring sweater, and a pretty fashion scarf. I’m super excited about all of my new purchases.

Lunch

By the time I got home, I was about ready for lunch, but it was early (for me…12pm) so I decided to break things up a bit. Mini-lunch #1 was a pretty amazing treat…

I topped two Wasa crackers each with raspberry Polaner All-Fruit, a slice of deli chicken, an egg white, and half a slice of Swiss cheese. It might sound random to you, but I swear, it was THE best mini meal I’ve eaten in a while. Thanks, Alyssa, for the idea!

I also snacked on a cara cara orange with mini meal #1.

The rest of the afternoon was spent tackling all of my to-do’s, and I must say, the productivity over here was stellar. I got a bunch accomplished, even though some of my blog-related tasks are taking a LOT longer than I anticipated (I’m working on revamping a few of my pages – currently, the recipe page – for easier navigation).

Around 3:30, I decided to take a break for mini meal #2: a few handfuls of veggie chips and a black cherry Chobani.

Now, Jay is working on cooking up our dinner out on the grill, so I’m about to take a break from this computer and go get the rest of the goods ready to go…it smells yummy already!

Question for the Evening:

What’s the last fun purchase you made that you’re excited about?

1 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio March 29, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I bought a ring bearer pillow on ETSY- Love!!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Food Find: Pasta Zero

2 Shari March 29, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Ooh, that scarf is so pretty!!

I treated myself to three nail polishes from China Glaze’s Hunger Games collection – love, love, love them! :)
Shari recently posted..May the odds be ever in your favor.

3 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes March 29, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Whoa, I want a clothing store in my neck of the woods that hands out cash!!

I rarely buy anything other than food. I think the last thing I bought were new headphones.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..I’ve Been Squeezed…err…Pressed.

4 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 29, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I’m going through a career path change too right now, so I hope I’m saying what you just said in a year :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Nutella Swirl Zucchini Muffins

5 Carissa March 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm

OH I wonder if we have one of those clothes places here in Orlando. I always am so nervous going into Plato’s…shame on me for not having an entire Hollister wardrobe!
Carissa recently posted..How many calories should I eat?

6 Sana March 29, 2012 at 7:38 pm

You spent less than $100 at Target!!!! You did the impossible! I think one time I walked out after spending $99. I considered it a win :)

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Crazy where one year will take you! :) Glad it is all for the better- life is full of surprises!
I’m not surprised that the $$$$ you got today disappeared, especially when buying a sprots bra. WOWZA are those things expensive!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Making its Grand Entrance….. Introducing….

8 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Target is my go-to place when I have some extra money to burn too. Only problem is that I always spend much more then I intend to! Any cute bathing suits? I’m in need of some new ones!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Wedding Recap: About To Wake Up A Bride

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I haven’t purchased anything recently, but I’ve got quite a few things I WANT to get, like new gym shoes & some spring dresses!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 6

10 Lauren March 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I recently sold some old designer purses and used the money to buy a new Coach bag. It made me feel so much better about spending money on a Coach bag. The best way to splurge is to work for it. :)
Lauren recently posted..Confessions and Consequences

11 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 29, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I got several new dresses from Vestique – and I absolutely love all of them!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Well I’ve Been Busy…

12 Janae Wise March 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for reminding me I NEED to make a fun purchase. It’s been a loong time :(
Janae Wise recently posted..A chat with Dreena Burton

13 Whitney March 29, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Hubs and I just closed on our lot! Can’t wait to start building our dream home!

Love Target!! :)

14 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness March 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm

A few weeks ago, my Mom and I went shopping, it was the first time in a really long time that I bought stuff just for me and it was awesome! Love all of your Target finds :)
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Now THIS Is A Burger

15 Heather March 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm

i am so proud of you and all you’ve accomplished in the past year! You have proven to this world that you can take control and kick butt when things are spiraling in changing times! Your a goal maker, dream chaser, world changer and I’m a better person for calling you my friend. love you dear. xo
Heather recently posted..In the Midst of All the Emotions, Chaos, and Commotion, Part 3

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 29, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Cute!

Today I just bought a shirt from Target – and sunglasses too! Of course I only went in for the sunglasses.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..karyn’s raw bisto

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Aww yay for “free” money haha! Hmm recent purchase … some super cute shoes from DSW! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Two Recipes, One Great Slow Cooker.

18 Ashlee @ Step in the Right Direction March 29, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I love Target! I can get into a lot of trouble there. I like their clothes, but I noticed before I lost my weight that I felt larger in their clothes. I would wear a XL in normal clothing and XXL in Target brands and some would be too small still. Now that I have actually lost weight their clothes fit much better!
I love getting clothes in the mail or out shopping. I cannot wait to wear new outfits. I love the scarf! I may have to go find one :) lol
Ashlee @ Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Feeling Good

19 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 29, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I have no idea how Target never gets old, but I can spend hours in that store when I went in with a list of maybe 2 things. I recently purchased a new iPod shuffle to run with, so I suppose I’m pretty excited about that ;)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Revenge of My Lunch

20 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 29, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I bought these awesome white leopard pants from Lucky!

21 Lisa March 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Wahoo for making money on old clothes…I love doing that…and then I’ll just spend my money right away too! I just bought some new summer clothes
Lisa recently posted..Manmaker

22 Alison March 30, 2012 at 12:03 am

I went shopping earlier today and got some great clothing items! The item I’m most excited about those is a pair of brown leather flats that will work with anything I own. :)
Alison recently posted..Carrot-Zucchini-Date Cake

23 Khushboo March 30, 2012 at 1:00 am

The last fun purchase of mine was a Moshi Moshi phone handset…in pink (so cliche, I know)! I bet you are way more a fan of your new work attire (as opposed to what you wore as a teacher)- I know I would be :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Wednesday Waffle

24 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 30, 2012 at 7:08 am

My fiance and I bought a set of Rachael Ray bakeware, the first thing we’ve purchased together for our house!

25 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 30, 2012 at 7:53 am

Love the scarf! So pretty! :) The last thing I purchased were a few things for our wedding from Etsy! I have become obsessed with that site!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..I’ll Take Mine, Over Easy…

26 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 30, 2012 at 9:13 am

Oh I love me some target. I can never leave with just one thing!

27 Sarah March 30, 2012 at 9:34 am

Another Target shopper here! Yesterday, I had an hour to kill to I headed over to Tarjay and picked yup two great little dresses for the Summer/Spring and a pair of nude colored heels-can’t wait to wear them!

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

we shall forever be united by our wasas <3 glad you liked the mini-meal! :)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..What Should I Say to the 16-Year-Old You?

29 Shannon March 30, 2012 at 10:18 am

I JUST found your blog and I’m loving it! Your kitty cat is so adorable..I’m a little bit of a cat lady myself :-)

Last purchase I was super excited about would have to be the adorable dress I snagged on ideeli yesterday. It’s too cute :-)

30 Katie March 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Would you ever consider donating your clothes to charity? I know it’s nice to have the extra cash, but there are some great organizations out there. Especially with teacher clothes – many women’s shelters collect professional clothing to help women in abusive relationships re-enter the workforce!

31 Katie March 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Would you ever consider donating your clothes to charity? I know it’s nice to have the extra cash, but there are some great organizations out there. Especially with teacher clothes – many women’s shelters collect professional clothing to help women recovering from abusive relationships re-enter the workforce!

32 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Yup! Absolutely – anytime there’s clothes leftover that they don’t want to take, I always leave the rest for them to donate. I probably had about 1/3 of my bag of clothes from yesterday get donated. :)

33 Nescett @ bananaoats March 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

ummm I love Wasa crackers! Yay for the new idea.
Nescett @ bananaoats recently posted..Five Things Friday

34 Shannon March 31, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I actually don’t buy a lot of things for myself. I only buy what I really need. I don’t really like to bug too many people to get stuff for me. Last year, I didn’t even want anything for Christmas originally, but then I got my babycakes Cupcake maker from my parents and I’m loving it (although it’s a pain to make 40 cupcakes in an hour’s time- only if each cupcake holder goes off at different times, a mistake that I made).
Shannon recently posted..‘Hunger Games’ mania