A Workout Date

So this, my friends, is what you call a dinner on the fly.

Jay and I only had a short amount of time to eat dinner last night because we had a special 91st birthday celebration to head to for his grandma.

At first I wanted cereal, then I wanted pb&j, but then I saw the rest of Friday’s Mexican rice and decided to use up those leftovers. I opened the bowl, threw in some fresh spinach and a veggie burger, microwaved it for about two minutes, quick stir, topped it with some feta, heated for another 30 seconds, and that was that.

For it being such a last-minute throw together, it was actually pretty tasty, but I was starving by the time we got back home around 9:30 (hello, lack of protein), so I had to make myself a VitaTop with some peanut butter.

Ahhh, much better. (recycled photo, same thang)

*****

I have a couple of clients this morning at work, but then I actually have a date with a workout buddy (one of the other female trainers) right after that.

Yes…me…a workout buddy. I have never ever in my life had a workout buddy. Is that crazy? I almost sort of feel like I’m going on a date or something – what do I do, what should I say? What do I wear?

Kidding on that last one. Winking smile

We both got talking the other day about how we sometimes feel lost with our own workouts since we’re always spending time coming up with workouts for others. Fortunately, the last (almost) eight weeks have been great since I’ve had my Best Body Bootcamp workouts all ready for me. But since the bootcamp finishes this weekend, I’m gonna have to go back to the drawing board.

So I mentioned this to the other trainer the other day, then before I knew it, we were scheduling reserve times in the calendar for our own workout sessions. I have no idea what’s on the agenda for today (I did not prepare, oops) but I’ll be sure to let you know!

*****

Breakfast

Easy peasy, squeezy.

A lightly toasted whole wheat English muffin topped with peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds…plus some extra ‘naner + pb on the side.

One half also got a little bit of special treatment with this pumpkin butter that we got a couple weeks ago. Oh man, it is quite good!

Unfortunately, I wasn’t thinking and put the pumpkin butter on the bottom half, meaning I couldn’t save my favorite half for last. Man, talk about having serious problems this morning. (cough, cough…sarcasm…cough, cough) Winking smile

Off to work I go – see ya this afternoon!

Question for the Morning: Pretty sure I’ve asked this one before, BUT…

Gym/workout buddies? What are your thoughts? Yay or Nay?

Comments

1. Maggie says

I love working out with someone, as long as they are on the same page as me and/or push me harder… lazy ppl who just want to talk, stay away :)

My friend & I go to classes together, but if I’m just going to hit the elliptical or treadmill, I prefer to workout solo! I like to watch tv or listen to music & I feel to much pressure to have a conversation if someone is there with me!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 10

I’ve never had a workout buddy before either. The idea of working out with someone else kind of intimidates me because I feel like I’d be keeping them back or something. My boyfriend’s little bro is moving to NYC for the summer for an internship and we already kind of agreed to be workout/running buddies, so I can’t wait!

Happy Birthday to Jay’s grandma!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Last April WIAW

I have a twin sister and she is the perfect workout buddy. I find that I push myself much more when I have other people with me. That is one of the reasons I love group classes. When I am on my own I am much more likely to to quit as soon as I am sore or tired :)

i typically like to workout on my own. it’s my time to zone out and focus on my workout. i find that the time i’ve tried to workout with someone, i never get a very good workout because we’re talking so much! haha. as for running, i enjoy a running partner every once in awhile, but i still like solo runs the best. have fun today!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Thursday Threes–Take 5

Aww, you’ll have fun with your workout buddy!

I love having them for certain workouts. Yoga and strength training, I’m all for a buddy. When it comes to running, I have a hard time coordinating my abilities with someone else’s. There are just so many variables in pace, stride, stopping preferences, distance abilities, etc…I wish I had a running twin who could run with me to keep me entertained, but so far the only running buddy I could have is a ultramarathoner who thinks a 7 minute mile is an average pace. There’s pushing your partner…and then there’s killing them!

I haven’t had a PB/banana english muffin in FOREVER. I ate them a ton last summer! For some reason it’s like a summer food for me? I too had a throw-together dinner last night. But really, those are the best! A ton of leftovers in a bowl and I was ready to chow down.

I was talking about this workout buddy thing w/a friend the other day…they aren’t for me. I am way too particular about my workouts, way too serious and “in the zone”, and I also experience workout “mood swings” and will change my plans last minute based on what I am in the mood for. I fly solo!
    Caitlin recently posted..#RBKFITBLOG and Guest Post!

I’ve worked out a few times with friends…but it’s more of chatting while we’re on the elliptical or incline walking. Since we are chatting so much, we’ll definitely go longer than if we are on our own. It’s a nice change of pace, but I like working out by myself for strength training (minus a class of Body Pumpers, which is like a lot of buddies if you ask me!)
    Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Chicken Enchilada Soup a la Botanas

I usually like to go with my boyfriend or brother when I hit the heavy weights (one can rest while the other is doing a set). I also would want a workout buddy to try some new classes, especially the ones that would make me look silly… like Zumba or U-jam. When I hit the cardio machines, I don’t think it would make sense to have a buddy because I have to be focused on pushing myself.
    michelle kim recently posted..Poor Pink Bear

10. Laura says

I have a long distance workout buddy which is perfect for me. I tend to be really independent while I work out and prefer to stay in the zone as opposed to chatting away, especially when I’m running. Having an accountability partner in a close friend (even though she’s not at my side pushing me during my workout) is great because she holds me to my workouts and encourages me to push a little farther. Plus we give each other new ideas to switch up our workouts and stay motivated!

OoOo delicious eats, since they’re all some of my fave foods :)
    And I’ve never evver had a workout buddy either! I did work out with my friend once, but we pretty much did different things after I helped her with a routine (most of my friends aren’t into it, but sloooowly getting interested :P).
    I’m not trying to be snobby or anything! But I think it would be important to have a workout buddy who’s on a very similar level/type of training, at least for me, because it that’s not the case I kind of feel like I can’t go all out like I’m used to. Unless I PLAN on helping that individual with some routine :)
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Whattup and an OXO Giveaway!

I’m much more of a person who likes to workout on their own. I prefer to work at my own pace, and not feel pressured to increase my pace level until I am ready to do so.

It’d be nice to compare notes or ideas with others on new workouts/workouts you may be doing at the same time as someone else.
    Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)