Out Gallivanting Around

by Courtney on April 30, 2012

Well, I guess you can officially call me lame-o when it comes to dinner lately…

I mean, don’t get me wrong, it could have been worse. But honestly, I have just had NO desire to cook ever since, well, these. I don’t know what it is?

Instead, I steamed up some baby carrots and zucchini slices in the microwave while I cooked up a quick and easy grilled ham and cheese.

The sandwich was awesome, thanks to some provolone cheese, a little honey mustard and that thick, delicious tomato slice smack dab in the middle.

I actually had intentions of putting a whole bunch of chicken in the crockpot earlier today to shred up and have on hand for the week, but that never happened. Instead, I was out gallivanting around with the hubby…

…taking care of some important business, obviously. Smile

Goofball, yep. That’s me.

We got big plans around here this evening…they involve parking it on the couch and watching some HIMYM (which is FINALLY a new episode!). I wonder if I’ll find anymore of my clothing on tonight’s episode? Winking smile

How was your Monday? Awesome? Hope everyone got started off on the right foot to make it a great week!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 30, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Sometimes gallivanting is better than actually getting things done! ;) Though, so is parking it on the couch which I’m doing right now with some ice cream. haha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Midnight City

2 Sam April 30, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Sometimes you just have to have days like that! And at least you were with hubby!!
Sandwhich looks awesome though :)

3 Sana April 30, 2012 at 11:38 pm

You look so pretty in the picture with your husband! He looks pretty as well!
Sana recently posted..Blogger Quiz

4 Lisa April 30, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Oh man, lately I have had no desire to cook anything either. I’m all for just throwing some things in the oven and waiting! Makes things a little easier, so no complaining
Lisa recently posted..April Favourites

5 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life May 1, 2012 at 12:15 am

That sandwich looks amazing – not lame at all! I’d take it!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..The Tale of Two Packages

6 Julie May 1, 2012 at 1:59 am

Such a cute picture of you jumping!!! You and your hubby are a great looking couple too!

7 Miz May 1, 2012 at 6:19 am

YAY!!! IM LAME-O TOO.
yer sister in lamenessment.
Miz recently posted..Listen to your mother show (AKA leaving the zone of comfy.)

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 1, 2012 at 6:25 am

I think the sandwich sounds awesome … you don’t always have to spend an hour in the kitchen to make a good meal! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Everything but the race.

9 Lauren May 1, 2012 at 6:42 am

HIMYM was new??? Damn, I missed it! :)
Lauren recently posted..Weekend Full of Surprises!

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am

We had bad weather through the whole episode, so I missed the whole darn thing…. Oh well, I guess I’ll be a big girl and deal with it.
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Everyone else is prepared- I’m not…Weeks 21 & 22

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 1, 2012 at 7:07 am

I definitely go through phases where I simply do NOT feel like cooking. My husband recently started working second shift, & that makes it even harder to get motivated. He’ll eat leftovers, but in the moment I always thinking hmmm I’ll just make a pb & j & save myself some time & dishes!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..New Favorites

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 1, 2012 at 7:21 am

I hear you on the not feeling like cooking lately!!! In fact, I just want to face plant into my bed when I get home from work!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..alter eco giveaway

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 1, 2012 at 7:41 am

I totally have days like that. After a long day of working the last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner. Sometimes I love cooking after work and other days I just want something quick and simple to eat.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A New Drink Discovery!…

14 Linz @ Itz Linz May 1, 2012 at 7:58 am

umm i love jumping pictures! haha
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Itz FitFluential!

15 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 1, 2012 at 8:20 am

Seriously, I was so ready for a new HIMYM! Loved it!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..11 miles from hell

16 Shalini May 1, 2012 at 8:53 am

Love your blog and you are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!

17 Carolyn May 1, 2012 at 8:54 am

I am so with you! I don’t seem to want to cook this week. I was fine last week but something happened over the weekend (not sure what) and now I want nothing to do with it! Oh well… I figure if I snapped out of wanting to cook / etc., I’ll snap back in at some point too.
Carolyn recently posted..Birthday Cake Fun