Chicken Caesar Burgers

by Courtney on May 15, 2012

You know, I’ve never really been a huge fan of Caesar salad.

Maybe it’s due to the fact that I like my salads filled to the brim with veggies. Then again, maybe it stems back to that one time when Jay and I were dating in high school…we went out to eat at one of our favorite spots and he ordered a Caesar salad, which came amply topped with some big, fresh anchovies right on top. That was pretty funny…but mostly just gross.

But then many years later, the two of us went for a tasting for our wedding, and I found myself face to face with probably one of THE best Caesar salads I’d ever eaten. I loved it so much that it even made the cut for our salad of choice on the dinner menu.

Ever since then though, I’ve probably only eaten one or two other chicken Caesar salads. I mean, I do enjoy the flavor of them…quite a bit, actually…but when I hear salad, I want veggies. LOTS of veggies.

So you know what I did? I took all of that yummy Caesar flavor…

Chicken Caesar Burgers (7)

…and made it into a Chicken Caesar Burger.

I told you I was going to make another attempt at that ground chicken, didn’t I?

The burgers themselves are filled with all of the components you’d expect to find in a chicken Caesar salad: chicken, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs (the “croutons”), and the perfect amount of Caesar dressing.

Of course, you’ve got to add in your romaine lettuce and a little more parmesan.

Chicken Caesar Burgers (8)

And you definitely can’t forget to add a little more Caesar dressing to your seasoned and toasted buns.

Chicken Caesar Burgers (10)I lightly sprayed our buns with some spray butter and sprinkled them with a little parmesan cheese and garlic.

Talk about delicious.

Chicken Caesar Burgers1

Here’s the approximate nutrition stats on the burgers, NOT including the bun or additional toppings…

chicken caesar burger nutrition

******************

First, get all of your chicken burger ingredients together.

Chicken Caesar Burgers2 (2)

Just don’t forget to add the breadcrumbs like I almost did.

Chicken Caesar Burgers3 (3)

Mix well until thoroughly combined.

Chicken Caesar Burgers (4)

Form into four patties (*placing on wax paper will help prevent extra sticking) and refrigerate 30 minutes. Don’t forget to create that well in the center…it will help prevent your burger from cooking up into a big puff ball.

Chicken Caesar Burgers (5)

Top cooked burgers with parmesan cheese and allow to slightly melt while toasting your hamburger buns, if desired. Spread buns with extra Caesar dressing, and top with romaine lettuce and sliced red onion.

Then feel free to dive head first into your fantastic new creation.

Chicken Caesar Burgers2

It’s gonna be the “new” way to eat Chicken Casear. Just you wait and see. Winking smile

1 Sana May 15, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Great job Courtney! I will def be making these :)
Sana recently posted..Crazy Final Exam Dreams

2 Katy @ Couch to 5Katy May 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I am definitely going to make these for dinner this week! I love caesar salad so much and I have never used ground chicken in a recipe. Yum!
Katy @ Couch to 5Katy recently posted..Whack-a-Wasp

3 Tawny May 15, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for the share:) Will let you know how the caesar burgers turn out tonight!

4 Julie May 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Looks yummy! I’m going to gluten-free these sometime.

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

These burgers sound so good! My fiance is a huge fan of caesar salads so if I made these he would be in heaven! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The Bachelorette, Emily…

6 Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper May 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Such a great idea and they look delicious!

7 Trisha May 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’ve never been a huge fan of Caesar salad myself but these look good enough to give a shot!
Trisha recently posted..Mothers & Daugthers

8 Becca May 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

These sound amazing!!! I can’t wait to make them :)
Becca recently posted..The ABCs of Becca

9 Faith @ For the Health of It May 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Those look so juicy! I haven’t had caesar anything in a while due to the anchovies, but as soon as I can find a fish-free caesar dressing, I’m totally going to try a chickpea caesar burger.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a veg-friendly dressing?

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm

wow, great idea!!! i can’t wait to try these babies out! i don’t know if i’ve actually ever had ground chicken… i use ground turkey all the time, so i’m looking forward to trying something new.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Getting An Itch

11 Brittany @ Britt's Blurbs May 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Oh my goodness- YUM! Great spin on a classic! I never would have thought of this.
Thanks for the recipe! Can’t wait to try it out!

12 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life May 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm

These look great! Chicken burgers usually turn out super dry, so I don’t make them too often, but this sounds delish!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Mother’s Dayuation

13 Emily May 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm

These look amazing. What brand of dressing do you use? I have a hard time finding one I really like when it comes to Caesar dressing.

14 Courtney May 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I just ended up picking up the Ken’s “Light Options” Caesar. It’s really good!

15 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm

YUM!

16 Wendy May 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Um – YUM!!! Those look delish!

17 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife May 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm

That looks good. I’ll have to pin it to keep in mind! Thanks for the recipe!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Summer Shred Day 2 and Tricep Pushups

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 15, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I definitely want to add these to my dinner plans for next week! Yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Mother’s Day Brunch

19 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

What an awesome idea! Definitely trying this out the next time I hit the grocery store :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..“Endorphins Make You Happy”

20 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I’m not a fan of ceaser salads either… There are so many ways to mess it up… But these look so good!! So creative!!

21 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Um, can I come over for dinner?? Those look fabulous!! I had a super tasty caesar salad this weekend, but I know that I would love it in burger form :)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Jersey Shore Mini Vacation

22 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family May 15, 2012 at 3:13 pm

these sound great. I just found organic ground chicken at my grocery store and have been looking for more ways to use it.
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..9 Months and Counting

23 Brandi May 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Those look really good! And I am all about easy recipes. :)

24 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Those do sound yummy! And I’m with you – like the taste of Caesar salads but not how they are just lettuce, croutons, and cheese.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Pure Indulgence

25 Lisa May 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Oooh these look fantastic. I love parm cheese, but not a fan of caesar salads. I love ground chicken, I bought it accidentally instead of turkey, but the chicken has MUCH more flavour, I think.

26 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness May 15, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Nom, nom! So simple and delicious. Thanks!
PS I forgot to tell you that you are lookin good in your new bio pic:)
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Vision Health: 8 Tips for Healthy Eye Care

27 Alysha @Shesontherun May 15, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Your patties are perfect :) I love the flavor of caesar salads but they aren’t filling at all. Bring on the veggies and edamame!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Best Healthy Food Apps for 2012

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Yum! I have a similar slow cooker recipe on my blog … you cook chicken thighs all day and then add the Caesar dressing and Parmesean cheese to the shredded meat. It’s one of my husband’s favorites … so I’m sure he’d love your burger, as well!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Does anyone actually enjoy bathing suit shopping?

29 Carissa May 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm

You are becoming quite a burger mogul! I’m adding these to my next week menu! And glad there are not anchovies!
Carissa recently posted..Amazing Ab Routine

30 michelle kim May 15, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Wow! Looks yummy! I love all the pictures from this post. The text on it looks so cute :D
michelle kim recently posted..14+ Miles Covered in 1:10!!!

31 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 15, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Yumm! That looks like such a good idea! I actually saw a recipe for a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza that I want to try soon! By the way, your photo descriptions always look so nice! What program do you use to add the text to your photos?
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Mothers Day 2012

32 Ellie@Fit for the Soul May 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Funny you talk about that! Because I’ve never liked Caesar salad either and I don’t know why…I know that it has partly to do with creamy dressings b/c I don’t dig them much. However, I did try the best caesar salad ever when my husband (then bf)made it for me out of scratch!! Like, grinding up the anchovies, cream, etc. etc. and it was amazing…But it may also have been the love he put into it ;) hehe. Your recipe looks tasty girl! Good job, it looks like it’s a success.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..My Fitness Addition and a Day in Manhattan

33 Katy May 15, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Those burgers sound amazing! We used ground chicken for the first time in a healthy-taco recipe this week and I really loved the taste. I definitely need to try these next time we buy more. Thanks for sharing :-)
Katy recently posted..Local Beer + Sausage = Success

34 Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty May 16, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Num! I want these in my belly, stat. Thanks for the recipe, Courtney!
Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..Keep it in Perspective

35 Nicole May 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Wow – looks soo good. Thanks for the cool recipe (and the calorie count)! :)

36 Amanda May 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Yum! Did you use ground chicken breast, or just ground chicken? Curious for adjusting nutrition stats. Thanks!

37 Susan May 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Just made these for dinner…so easy and really tasty! Definitely working into our rotation!

38 jen May 24, 2012 at 10:15 am

thanks for much for posting this! i made these for my husband and i last night and we both really enjoyed them! will def be making these again!

39 Courtney May 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

these are totally making the dinner menu tonight!

40 Olviya August 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Hi Courtney, Ive been wanting to give these burgers a whirl but don’t have a grill.. Do u know if I can bake/ them?
Olviya recently posted..Unload your burdens

41 Courtney August 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

You could probably cook them on the stovetop on a frying pan/griddle!

42 Freed Jhon July 21, 2013 at 11:04 pm