Saturday Highlights

Things have been pretty calm and quiet over here today, but that’s been a-okay by me. I had been hoping to head down to the Farmers Market this morning, but the weather just wasn’t cooperating.

I love the Farmers Market, but I really don’t like walking around in the rain. Side note though, check out that garden! Things are a-growin’!

So since my Farmers Market plans were nixed, I went ahead with a few of the other things on my agenda for today…

Workout – 20 minutes each of upper body, abs, and yoga, all courtesy of my 10lb Slimdown DVD.

Oddly enough, I was most excited about the 20 minutes of yoga at the end. Looks like I’m still on track with my June Yoga Challenge!

While I worked out in the living room, I had a little something baking up in oven…

I was *this close* to making cupcakes, but decided to give my low-fat banana bread recipe another go. You may remember how I was unsure whether or not the NuNaturals in it was causing me tummy troubles, so I ended up throwing that one out. Total bummer.

This time, I used the same recipe and just subsisted in regular sugar. I also took a couple nibbles off the corner right after finishing my workout. Winking smile

Then, a little while later, I cut off a big ‘ol hunk and topped it with some peanut butter.

And paired it with one of my favorite things ever at the moment.

Fast-forward a few hours with some grocery shopping and laundry out of the way, and it was time for a quick snack…some celery sticks with another wedge of The Laughing Cow.

This time, it was the Garden Veggie cream cheese spread, and I loved it. Definitely a great partner for some fresh veggies.

I also tried out this orange melon Starbucks Refreshers drink, which was surprisingly pretty tasty.

I had a coupon for a free one, so I thought I’d try it out. Probably not something I’d go out of my way to purchase, but I enjoyed it.

I also, finally, got around to painting my nails…I’ve only been meaning to do it for, oh I don’t know, a week now.

Just picked up this new O.P.I  color the other day – “Bright Lights-Big Color”

I love coral colors for summer.

What are some of your favorite nail polish colors for summer?

Jay just got home after being out all day, so I’m looking forward to spending a low-key evening in with him and the popular one. Perhaps a Redbox movie will be involved…any good movies you’ve seen lately that you’d recommend?

Hope you’re having an awesome day! Smile

i love coral colors for summer, along with bright pinks! speaking of that, i need to do something with my nails too… they definitely need some attention at the moment. we rented “we bought a zoo” a couple weekends ago, and i really enjoyed it!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Quality Time

poolside party, all eyes on me by ncla. i really love it! it’s like a orange sherbert neon creme. i wore it on my vacation to california last month and i’ve never gotten more compliments on a nail color! i had women stopping me to ask me what it was. i couldn’t believe it!
    Mandee recently posted..Dark Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Cakes

3. Megan says

I just finished watching ‘Contraband’ with Mark Wahlberg and thought it was really good! (Although I may be biased because I think I’d like any movie with him in it…) But now I have a huge craving to go make banana bread because yours looks delicious!!
    Megan recently posted..Pancakes and Pizza

Hey Courtney!
    Love that coral color. I’m all about the hot sparkly candy pinks for summer. I also just bought a new color recently–and it’s been sitting in my bathroom–I have to finally use it. I have a great rest of your weekend.

I just got my nails done yesterday (Shellac!) & I picked a new silver color — I love it! There is this teal color that I’ve been eyeing up for my last few appointments, but I’m worried I’ll get sick of it in the 2 weeks in between each time I get my nails done… maybe I’ll try it next time!

I had a coupon for one of those Starbucks drinks too, but I haven’t been able to find them at the store!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 15

6. Ali says

The banana bread look AMAZING! And I just had some strawberries with yogurt–just perfect. Love the nail polish too! :)

Are those realflexes? What do you think of them? I am in love with mine but am always curious to hear how other people feel about the minimalist shoe. I still need an insole for extra cushioning but I love that they are virtually weightless and pretty much mold to my feet.

I like a Coral type color for in the summer.

BTW – wanted to share a gardening tip. Apparently rock salt sprinkled in your garden is supposed to help keep weeds at bay. I just started doing this myself, and so far so good in the Asparagus beds at my house.
    Christy recently posted..Furry Friday: Birthday Boy!