Saturday Highlights

by Courtney on June 2, 2012

Things have been pretty calm and quiet over here today, but that’s been a-okay by me. I had been hoping to head down to the Farmers Market this morning, but the weather just wasn’t cooperating.

I love the Farmers Market, but I really don’t like walking around in the rain. Side note though, check out that garden! Things are a-growin’!

So since my Farmers Market plans were nixed, I went ahead with a few of the other things on my agenda for today…

Workout – 20 minutes each of upper body, abs, and yoga, all courtesy of my 10lb Slimdown DVD.

Oddly enough, I was most excited about the 20 minutes of yoga at the end. Looks like I’m still on track with my June Yoga Challenge!

While I worked out in the living room, I had a little something baking up in oven…

I was *this close* to making cupcakes, but decided to give my low-fat banana bread recipe another go. You may remember how I was unsure whether or not the NuNaturals in it was causing me tummy troubles, so I ended up throwing that one out. Total bummer.

This time, I used the same recipe and just subsisted in regular sugar. I also took a couple nibbles off the corner right after finishing my workout. Winking smile

Then, a little while later, I cut off a big ‘ol hunk and topped it with some peanut butter.

And paired it with one of my favorite things ever at the moment.

Fast-forward a few hours with some grocery shopping and laundry out of the way, and it was time for a quick snack…some celery sticks with another wedge of The Laughing Cow.

This time, it was the Garden Veggie cream cheese spread, and I loved it. Definitely a great partner for some fresh veggies.

I also tried out this orange melon Starbucks Refreshers drink, which was surprisingly pretty tasty.

I had a coupon for a free one, so I thought I’d try it out. Probably not something I’d go out of my way to purchase, but I enjoyed it.

I also, finally, got around to painting my nails…I’ve only been meaning to do it for, oh I don’t know, a week now.

Just picked up this new O.P.I  color the other day – “Bright Lights-Big Color”

I love coral colors for summer.

What are some of your favorite nail polish colors for summer?

*****

Jay just got home after being out all day, so I’m looking forward to spending a low-key evening in with him and the popular one. Perhaps a Redbox movie will be involved…any good movies you’ve seen lately that you’d recommend?

Hope you’re having an awesome day! Smile

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Favorite summer color is hot pink with sparkles or mermaid blue green.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals #1

2 Tara C. June 2, 2012 at 7:22 pm

How do you get your polish to look so good? It’s looks like you went and got a mani! :)

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries June 2, 2012 at 7:26 pm

i love coral colors for summer, along with bright pinks! speaking of that, i need to do something with my nails too… they definitely need some attention at the moment. we rented “we bought a zoo” a couple weekends ago, and i really enjoyed it!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Quality Time

4 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath June 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I love corals, hot pinks, and turquoise for summer nails! I loved “We Bought a Zoo” too–just like Ashley said above :) It was so cute!!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Make Every Run Count! <3

5 Mandee June 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

poolside party, all eyes on me by ncla. i really love it! it’s like a orange sherbert neon creme. i wore it on my vacation to california last month and i’ve never gotten more compliments on a nail color! i had women stopping me to ask me what it was. i couldn’t believe it!
Mandee recently posted..Dark Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Cakes

6 Molly Ritterbeck June 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I had a free coupon for that too! I love your blog I really do! I have linked to you for my post today….love your stuff – thanks for the Yoga Challenge too!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..June Goal Time!

7 Renee June 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

My morning farmers market plans were kaputz-ed too! I do not like rain on my Saturday mornings it messes with my whole weekend!
Renee recently posted..A race with butterflies

8 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance June 2, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I love that nail color! I think I may have to go see if Ulta has it tomorrow. So pretty!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Brussels Sprout Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette & the Gluten-Free Fad

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 2, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Love that color, I have something similar on my nails! I got “My Week with Marilyn” at redbox last night and it was really good!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Yummy Kale With a Side of Motivation

10 Maura @ my healthy 'ohana June 2, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I really like those 10 lb slim down workouts!
Maura @ my healthy ‘ohana recently posted..Trader Joe’s Favorites – Part 2

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 2, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I’ve been meaning to paint my nails for a long time and haven’t gottena round to it either. I’m the worst.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

12 Kristin June 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

movies: the lady in blk (scary) safehouse (action) both really good!

13 Shari June 2, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Pretty nail polish color! My favorites for summer are aqua, gold, and pink … they remind me of the shore!
Shari recently posted..For Good.

14 Megan June 2, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I just finished watching ‘Contraband’ with Mark Wahlberg and thought it was really good! (Although I may be biased because I think I’d like any movie with him in it…) But now I have a huge craving to go make banana bread because yours looks delicious!!
Megan recently posted..Pancakes and Pizza

15 Courtney June 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Oh girl, I hear ya on “Marky Mark!” ;)

16 Yaara June 2, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Hey Courtney!
Love that coral color. I’m all about the hot sparkly candy pinks for summer. I also just bought a new color recently–and it’s been sitting in my bathroom–I have to finally use it. I have a great rest of your weekend.

17 Khushboo June 2, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Im loving coral this summer…and mint green (although not on my nails ha)!
Khushboo recently posted..Brain Dump

18 Lisa June 3, 2012 at 12:14 am

I love the coral colour as well, also loving pale blue and purple colours. They are too cute. Enjoy your low key night!
Lisa recently posted..May Favourites

19 Madison @ Pilates Makes Me Happy June 3, 2012 at 12:40 am

Rain sucks. It has a way of crushing plans!
Madison @ Pilates Makes Me Happy recently posted..Photo A Day?

20 Sam @ Fit for My Fork June 3, 2012 at 6:14 am

I love the nail colour. Corals are so popular this season. I use the Seche Vite topcoat too but I’ve never used the Stickey basecoat – mine is China Glaze and it’s pretty good, but I’m always on the lookout for something better. Would you recommend the Stickey one?
Sam @ Fit for My Fork recently posted..An Afternoon at Milton Country Park

21 Courtney June 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

Yes, I would definitely recommend it!

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 3, 2012 at 8:17 am

I just got my nails done yesterday (Shellac!) & I picked a new silver color — I love it! There is this teal color that I’ve been eyeing up for my last few appointments, but I’m worried I’ll get sick of it in the 2 weeks in between each time I get my nails done… maybe I’ll try it next time!

I had a coupon for one of those Starbucks drinks too, but I haven’t been able to find them at the store!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 15

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

I used to love doing 10 Pound Slimdown workouts when I had Exercise TV, but now I don’t get it anymore :(! I love your pink Reeboks!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Sweat it Out Saturday #1: Getting Back to It

24 Sarah June 3, 2012 at 9:22 am

Cute nail color! I got my toes done the other day and thought I was getting a light blue (tiffany blue) and it turned out to be sea-foam green! Yuck!
Sarah recently posted..Saturday Morning Bike Ride

25 Ali June 3, 2012 at 9:33 am

The banana bread look AMAZING! And I just had some strawberries with yogurt–just perfect. Love the nail polish too! :)

26 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

I LOVE that color! … I have been going gold and pink’ish colors this summer– so far but the summer is young! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Rockin’ Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter

27 Shana June 3, 2012 at 11:25 am

Are those realflexes? What do you think of them? I am in love with mine but am always curious to hear how other people feel about the minimalist shoe. I still need an insole for extra cushioning but I love that they are virtually weightless and pretty much mold to my feet.

28 Christy June 4, 2012 at 8:39 am

I like a Coral type color for in the summer.

BTW – wanted to share a gardening tip. Apparently rock salt sprinkled in your garden is supposed to help keep weeds at bay. I just started doing this myself, and so far so good in the Asparagus beds at my house.
Christy recently posted..Furry Friday: Birthday Boy!

29 Trisha June 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I am absolutely in love with Essie Ole Caliente for summer. The perfect orangey/hot pink mix!
Trisha recently posted..He’s HOME!!!!