Rachel’s Bachelorette Party Weekend

by Courtney on July 1, 2012

Great news…the Bachelorette Party was a success!

Late yesterday afternoon, I headed out to meet up with some of the other girls to get things ready for the evening. We had a hotel room near where we were planning on being out (ended up getting upgraded to a suite too, WOOT!) so I was able to drop my stuff off and help decorate the room and whatnot.

We had a fun dare list for the bride-to-be.

As well as some cute bachelorette party survival kits for all the girls in the group.

Shortly after getting everything set up…

bachelorette party

the gal of the hour arrived!

I honestly didn’t take very many pictures of the evening, but it was a great night. After spending some time in the hotel suite, we headed out for a delicious Italian dinner (Rach’s favorite) at a new-to-me restaurant in downtown Albany. I can pretty much guarantee you’ll be hearing about it again soon because I’m already planning on bringing Jay asap.

After dinner, we partied it up at a few local bars and, of course, made sure that Rach got all the extra attention she deserved.

After a few hours of dancing, we all called it a night and headed back to the hotel. We didn’t want to stay up too late, since we still had a fairly early wake up call for this morning…

We spent the afternoon at the spa!

Does it look familiar at all? Winking smile

Rachel ended up finding out about this part last night during dinner since we pretty much all ended up spilling the beans within ten minutes of each other, but I think she was still pretty excited about it today.

I wound up getting a reflexology massage, but also had her do full body with just the focus on hands and feet. It was glorious you guys…just glorious.

Since everyone had their services right around the same time, we were all able to hang out afterward for a bit in the group room. Complexions Spa & Salon really did such a great job of accommodating us and making sure that we had anything and everything we needed.

Needless to say, we all left as quite the happy, pampered, relaxed group.

By the time I got back home late this afternoon, I had just enough time to unpack and clean up a bit before helping Jay get dinner ready. On the menu tonight?

Pizza on the grill, baby. One BBQ Chicken + one Chicken & Veggie.

Both of them were so good, there was no way for me to pick a favorite.

Jay and I decided tonight that we are two mean, grilled-pizza-making-machines. Winking smile

Time to go relax with the boys…hope everyone’s weekend has been awesome. And hey, happy July!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Looks like a great party! One of my closest friends had a bachelorette party a couple weeks ago and it was the first I’d ever been to so I had no idea what to expect. it was so much fun! We started earlier with a pole dancing class (with champagne!) and then went out for dinner and drinks. I had to work the next morning so it wasn’t a super late night for me but it was a super fun one!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Final Photo a Day June

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I absolutely love spa days! They’re the best!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

3 Danielle D July 1, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Oooooh im going to a bachelorette party in a few weeks and am so googling that dare list! Looks like you guys had fun :)

4 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 1, 2012 at 7:43 pm

So fun!!! Looks like a great weekend! What better way to recover from the night than a spa day and a relaxing evening! Enjoy!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Zucchini Ribbon Pasta with Shrimp

5 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 1, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Looks like a great party! Spa days are wonderful!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Lets Talk Salsa

6 Danica @ It's Progression July 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

We just got a new grill and can’t wait to make pizza on it!
Looks like you had a great weekend–going to a spa the day after a bachelorette party is a brilliant idea.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 6/24 – 6/30

7 Meredith @ DareYouTo July 1, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! Spatime is so what I need right now. However, the star of this post for me has to be the pizza. YUM.

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 1, 2012 at 8:11 pm

We just did pizza on the grill for the first time last week … it was so good!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A house update, a recipe, and a dessert to make you jealous.

9 S. July 1, 2012 at 8:12 pm

After convincing my family that the pizza on the grill thing wasn’t a crazy idea (the guys were convinced the dough would fall straight through the grate), it is now a favorite! Such a great alternative to the usual chicken/burgers/etc!

10 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 1, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I am making these grilled pizzas next week!! Every time you post about them I tell myself this so I am putting it on my list NOW!!

Glad you had a great time at the Bachelorette party! The survival kits for the ladies was such a cute idea. Looks like a fun night!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Summer Lovin’

11 Lauren July 1, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I love a bachelorette party! So fun! And kudos on the pizza. We’ve been grilling pizza all summer and can’t imagine eating them any other way.
Lauren recently posted..“Celebrate We Will” {My Weekend in Review}

12 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Niiice a spa day sounds so amazeeeengggg! I’m having a lot of fun with these updates! Haha, can’t wait for the wedding post now. ;)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Camping Out

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks July 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love the idea of the survival kit; I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those before! My friend just had one last night…the kit probably would’ve been a good idea hah
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..I Got Owned by the Sun…Twice

14 Lisa July 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm

What a fun event of pampering! Sounds like a pretty fun bachelorette party. A day at the spa is the best. I really need to try grilling pizza asap
Lisa recently posted..Fit Friday

15 Khushboo Thadani July 2, 2012 at 2:08 am

Love the idea of a spa day- great “send off” for the bride :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..LOL – worthy

16 Linz @ Itz Linz July 2, 2012 at 7:44 am

I have got to try grilling pizza on the grill! I just started using the grill (first time EVER) and my hubby would loooooove pizza on the grill!! Bachelorette party looked fun! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..An Eco-Friendly Giveaway

17 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 2, 2012 at 7:44 am

Glad it was such a success!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Weekend Adventures in Pictures

18 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 2, 2012 at 7:50 am

The Bachelorette party looks like so much fun! I am counting down the days until mine! 19 days until mine! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Don’t Worry, Be Happy!…

19 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength July 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

Pizza on the grill is the best. We used to literally have it once a week, but haven’t had it in awhile. Might be time to bring it back into the rotation once in awhile. :)