A Little Somethin’ More

By the time I got home a little after 2pm this afternoon, I was more than ready for something to eat. Thankfully, I had remembered to pack some snacks with me before leaving the house this morning (carrots + hummus and a SOYJOY bar) but I was in need of a little somethin’ more.

It was pretty warm in the house since we had kept the AC off (no worries, it’s back on…not that you were probably worried anyways, but ya know) so I was craving something cold and creamy.

I mixed up a simple smoothie made with a frozen banana, frozen cherries (from the monster bag), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, almond extract, and lots of spinach. Totally awesome.

On the side, I had a slice of banana bread topped with peanut butter.

Only about two slices left of this loaf…Jay has decided that this one is good enough for him to eat. Winking smile

So word on the street is that Jay and I are headed over to hang with a few friends later this evening for a little pre-4th of July celebration which I’m pretty excited about. Hey, any excuse to get together with friends, right? But before signing off for this evening…

Remember those Frozen Orange Creamsicle Snacks I shared with you all a couple weeks ago? Well that was actually to help showcase Nuts About Granola’s flavor of the month for July, which is Orange Creamsicle.

NAG

Feel free to head on over to the NAG blog and check it out! FYI, for the whole month of July, you can purchase the Orange Creamsicle granola at a discounted price.

On another note, did the 4th of July sneak up on anyone else? I mean, yes, I own numerous calendars and have been well aware of the dates, but for some reason, the thought of 4th of July had completely slipped my mind. Yikes!

Does anyone have any fun plans for tomorrow??

Comments

We have a few BBQ’s to go to tomorrow. Hopefully we can stay INSIDE since it’s supposed to be 100 degrees outside!

Our AC was off today, but that’s because it was broken. Thankfully a repairman was able to get out today and get it fixed.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..good pancakes

Your naner bread always calls out to me…..so why am I just sitting here not doing anything about it? I don’t know either. :P And time flies toooo fast huh?! I’m very excited b/c I’ll get to see my whole family tomorrow in ONE place. We’re having a grill dinner at our house and it’ll be a housewarming all at the same time! I’m also looking forward to seeing my precious nephew b/c he just had a seizure not long ago and I just wanna smother him with love even more now. He’s only 2!
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Mouthwatering Ban-Berry Bars {Vegan}

Nothing really fun planned for tomorrow. I’m going to a BBQ and visiting my brother at camp which is where the family BBQ is taking place. It’ll be me and my dad. The rest of my family will be heading up to my mom’s side of the family for a get together.

4. Antonia says

Hey Courtney, I have a question about food dehydrators. I received a food dehydrator last year and have not had the time to try it out yet. With graduate school ending in a few weeks (yay Master’s degree!), I was wondering if you have a food dehydrator. If so, what foods do you recommend to put in the dehydrator? Any advice would be appreciated! :) Thanks and have a Happy 4th!

• Courtney says

I actually don’t have (nor have I ever used) a food dehydrator. It’s something I’d LOVE to get my hands on someday, but I don’t have any tips for you. Sorry!

• Courtney says

I stopped using the baking mix and just use regular sugar now. I have ZERO problems eating it this time around :)

Yeah, we just celebrated Canada Day, and it was so crazy to me how fast it crept up. Have a great Fourth of July! I’m sure it will be awesome.

It’s always so sad to see the last couple pieces of banana bread go. I plan on making some today! You’re more than welcome to come and enjoy some with me.. but ya gotta fly to kuwait first! :)

No exciting 4th of July plans here, hubby has to work :(. Enjoy your holidays with family and friends though!!
    Jessie recently posted..THANK YOU!!

i seriously have to make that banana bread. everytime you make it i think the same thing, but never do it. make me do it!! haha.

matt and i have plans to grab some drinks and watch some fireworks tonight! it’s actually gloomy and drizzling here in arizona which NEVER happens. go figure huh?

have a wonderful day dear!!!
    Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Lindsay @ Conscious Cravings

The one thing that brought me to this awesome article is the picture of (what appeared to be) a black licorice smoothie, lol I thought what in the world is that smoothie made out of. The smoothie is a very interesting mix and I will have to try it myself!

Trackbacks