Slim Pickings

Goooood morning! Did everyone have a fantastic weekend? Well, here’s a peek at what was happening over here with the Horans…

And to give you guys an update on the book…I attempted to start reading it last night, but then I realized that Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition Chris Powell was on TV. I am definitely not a multi-tasker, so since Mr. Christian Grey hasn’t done much to peak my interest in the first three chapters of the book so far, my attention went to Mr. Powell. We’ll give it another go later today.

This morning, after snoozing again for almost an hour (seriously, I need to take action on this) I got up and did some work before taking a break for breakfast.

The fact that I was even able to put this together was impressive, considering we are out of almost all of our regular food staples and down to slim pickings.

A toasted whole wheat English muffin with Justin’s almond butter + raspberry jam.

Plus a 1 egg + 1 egg white scramble with a pretty ketchup smile.

Now you’ve all (hopefully) got a happy little start your Monday. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite, no-fail breakfast when it’s slim pickings in the kitchen?

Comments

I always have oats and eggs on-hand, so either works for me. As for the book, I didn’t really get into it either. The… uhh… “action” definitely picks up as you read it, but I guess it just wasn’t my thing.
    Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Wild Beer

• says

whoops, pressed submit before I was ready! was gonna say that I love your ketchup smile :) my favorite slim pickings breakfast is an English muffin! can’t remember the last time I was totally out of them :) and thanks for the extreme makeover reminder – I have to catch up!
      Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Food Toss Up

We are on slim pickings as well! There was no bread in the house but I was craving English Muffins! So I whipped out my Whole Wheat Flour and made some! (Hehe, avoiding the store! Talk about lazy! But it’s Monday. So it’s okay, right?!)

i buy the massive containers of oats so we almost ALWAYS have oats in the house. this morning we were down to slim pickings in our house too, so i rolled with oatmeal which is my usual “go-to” breakfast if my choices are limited.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My New Focus

4. Natalie says

The book doesn’t get interesting until around page 100. After that point I finished all 3 books in a week!

5. Steph says

Just started 50 Shades last night too! Made it through 3 chapters as well before I decided a good nights sleep was more important. I think it’s pretty good so far but I’m guessing it’s going to get a lot better!

My no fail breakfast happened today haha… Chobani, blueberries, and chex cereal on top :)

I’ve heard mixed reviews on that book lol I picked it up at the store a while back and read a paragraph, felt very awkward and decided to go with the young adult vampire book instead hahaha
    Rachel recently posted..My Sister’s Water Bottle

Usually, I skip breakfast- I know, I know, bad habit. I really need to break that and get up earlier in the morning. Summer is just an excuse to sleep in and do absolutely nothing. :)

The ketchup smiley face reminds me of how Johnny Rocket’s makes a ketchup smiley face in a separate carton from the fries. I wish I could go back there but after the bad experience we had, I don’t think my mom will take us. :(
    Shannon recently posted..Vacation post from OTE: A ginger’s perspective on life

I have to admit I’m a breakfast-skipper, too. I’m working on it, though. I made a big batch of almond flour pancakes to keep in the freezer. When I think of it, I’ll have a couple with a slice or two of turkey bacon. I also like to keep grapefruit on hand–that’s an easy go-to breakfast… or usually snack, in my case!
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Back To The Grind

I absolutely LOVE Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition! I missed last night’s episode but I’ll definitely be watching it on Hulu tonight. It’s amazing how much they change (personalities, confidence, besides the weight) in just one year!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Be a Loving Servant!

My go-to slim pickings breakfast is usually toast with nut butter and a side of fruit, eggs, or oats. I pretty much always have those things on hand. Chris Powell would definitely intrigue me more than that book, I just love that show SO dang inspiring!
    Lisa recently posted..Snacking Success

11. Sarah says

You have to give Fifty Shades a chance to get going. I thought the same thing when I started reading the book, but eventually I was hooked, and when I say eventually I mean maybe 75 pages in or so. The second book is even better, and I am starting the third soon.

I don’t recommend reading it on a plane like I did though, it is so awkward! haha

I flipped through one of the “grey” books at Target just to see what the big freakin deal is. I was with Nick and we both started cracking up laughing at how terrible the dialouge is and how forced the romantic situations are. One of our friends told us “it changed their love life and is saving their marriage” – yeah, I don’t know about that…. TMI?
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..What I’m Eating + Thai Chicken Pizza