It’s Getting There

by Courtney on August 2, 2012

Good news! I have been on the go ALL DAY LONG…and the house is finally starting to get back to normal.

I’m loving the TV stand we purchased, but I want to go out and find a couple of bins to store some of my workout DVD’s and Wii games. I’m sure they’ll be easy enough to find…Tar-jayy, here I come!

I also spent about two hours this morning putting together another one of our new pieces of furniture…you see it hiding back there?

Yep…I did that. All by myself. Smile

The directions were actually pretty easy to follow, there was just a lot of ‘em. We still need to attach it to the wall so it’s got a nice, funky lean to it right now, but we’re getting there.

Only a few more boxes left…ha.

So I didn’t really take too many photos of food today since I was on the go pretty much all day long…but I do have another fun food-related product that I’ve been meaning to share with you guys.

A couple weeks ago, the folks at Petit Amuse reached out asking if I’d be interested in trying out one of their sample boxes, and since I’m always game for food, I was happy to accept the invite.

Petit Amuse looks for some of the best artisan food producers to include in their marketplace, which features hand crafted regional favorites, foreign delicacies near impossible to pronounce, and local, organic versions of familiar foods, too.

I was sent one of their latest sample boxes to try out, which you can actually subscribe to and receive new treats each month.

I was excited to see some of the Oogie’s kettle corn since I thoroughly enjoyed it the last time I had it in my possession. Winking smile

The rest of my snacks included a garakukabar, ice wine jelly, and a couple kinds of shortbread cookie.

Super fun, right? In case you’re interested or want to learn more, you can check out some of the other info about their sample boxes here.

Alright my friends, gotta jet…for the fourth night in a row this week, we’ve got plans to attend to. Tonight? My parents, brother, and his girlfriend Meg are coming over for dinner. Smile

Have a great night everyone! (It’s almost Fridayyyyy!)

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath August 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Your living room is looking great–I love all of the updates you have been providing! :)

2 Miranda @ Biting Life August 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Your furniture looks great! I can’t believe you put that one together all by yourself!! I don’t think I could do that haha

3 Alison August 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm

The house is looking spiffy! :) And the Petit Amuse box looks pretty sweet!

4 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com August 2, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I love kettle corn!!! So yummy! Great progress on the living room. :)) I always feel like a rockstar when I can put something together, lol…because sometimes, especially with not-so-good directions…it’s a process! Have a great night with your fam. :)
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Over It

5 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 2, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Ice wine jelly sounds fantastic! Ice wine is just about the best thing ever!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Two New Dinner Ideas

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 9:00 pm

It’s getting there and it looks GREAT! …You’ll be able to feel so accomplished each and every time that you walk into the room! Awesome!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Intimidated by 4th Grade?

7 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds August 2, 2012 at 9:00 pm

The house looks great! Didn’t you mention that it was built a century ago?! Well… you can’t tell with the modern decor :)
Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds recently posted..{Let FREEdom Ring at McCawley’s}

8 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm

The living room is looking lovely! Never heard of garakukabars, but those cookies look like something right up my alley.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things at Trader Joe’s

9 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 3, 2012 at 8:14 am

Right? I was like, “garaka-what?!”

If you Google search it, you get one hit – this site! I guess it’ll remain a mystery…
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Giving Up Soda

10 Carol @ Lucky Zucca August 2, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I love shortbread!!! That is what I’m talking about! I wish they had a shortbread sample box :] The living room looks awesome!! Congrats on the progress!
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Ethiopian Cuisine

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 11:40 pm

You put together something from Ikea all by yourself – I’m impressed! More than I could ever say. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Family Time.

12 Corrie Anne August 3, 2012 at 1:41 am

Whew. unpacking is exhausting!! i’m working on it too! slowly. way to put something together. impressive!! i need to try that oogies!
Corrie Anne recently posted..Blueberry Lime Salsa + Morning Creativity Is Overrated

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 3, 2012 at 6:49 am

Everything looks great so far! I’m amazed that you put that thing together by yourself! You’re a multi-talented lady! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Tres (Tuscany and Rome)

14 Lisa August 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Ice wine jelly sounds like quite the treat!
The room is looking great so far.
I’m super impressed you were able to put that all together, I am so not talented at that stuff.
Lisa recently posted..No-Bake Protein Bars + Strawberry Goat Cheese

15 Horace September 20, 2013 at 12:09 am

It’s just the thing for people who already have got travel arrangements and merely require
a space. For people who want to stay with this city to get a bit longer timeframe, finding a comfortable
extended hotel would be essential. Especially
for travelers going with their spouses or using their families,
the all-inclusive vacation is a wonderful means to make certain that all the cost is covered,
and, perhaps more important, an excellent means of avoiding fighting about money in the vacation.
Horace recently posted..Horace

16 Modesta September 24, 2013 at 8:42 am

London stands because largest center in the financial hub inside entire Europe featuring its
assortment in the politics, fashion, business, media, education, and arts
which makes it jointly from the most flourishing and dynamic cities.
Cocktail Masterclass at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.
London might be a fun capital, offering spectacular sightseeing experience to everyone sorts of
travellers.