What Kind of Brownies Are They??

by Courtney on August 4, 2012

So yesterday, this amazing thing happened.

And by this thing, I mean these brownies.

A few weeks ago, my friend Linda sent me a link to a recipe for these brownies and I immediately knew that I needed to make them…I just had to wait until my garden was ready.

Wait, whaaaaaat are you talking about Courtney?

Oh yeah, that’s right…because these bad boys are made with zucchini. Winking smile

And they’re topped with a melted Hershey bar chocolate frosting.

Heyyyy now…can I get a WOOP WOOP?

The frosting alone…oh man.

I honestly have no idea what happened to that corner of the pan…

I must have a zucchini brownie bandit in the house somewhere and I think her name rhymes with ortney.

I figured since I was going away with the girls this weekend, that this would be a fun treat to bring and share. Of course, I had to taste test them first to make sure they were okay and boyyyy are they okay. Better than okay!

Even Jay – the king of being weirded out by foods that “don’t belong in baked goods” – said that he liked them. I was floored.

I followed the recipe exactly, so if you’re thinking you want in on this chocolaty delicious treat, then go check out the original recipe here.

My specifics: I used coconut oil, Chobani vanilla chocolate chunk for the yogurt(!!), added 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter, used almond milk in the frosting, and 3 Hershey bars in place of the chocolate chips for the frosting (since I ended up using those in the brownies. Woops.

These were definitely a great way to use up some of this zucchini of mine I’ve got hanging around over here. In case you’re looking for some other zucchini recipe ideas, here’s a few of my most recent:

Zucchini Casserole

Zucchini Latkes

Zucchini Oatmeal Bread

Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Happy Baking. Smile

1 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 4, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Dee damn licious missus!!! You’re going to be the most favourite girl at the party for sure!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..My own mini’s

2 Shannon August 4, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I was guessing that it was zucchini, right before I scrolled down to see that zucchini is in those brownies. I’m so smart. ;)

You’ll be quite the popular one at the bachelorette party.

3 Charlie August 4, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Those look SO good! I made a zucchini chocolate bread last year and it was one of the best sweet breads I ever had, so I definitely believe that these brownies must be a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

4 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 4, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Oh my gosh…..those look soooooo delicious! That might be the perfect b-day treat for me!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Would you rather?

5 Miranda @ Biting Life August 4, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Yum! These look so good!
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Pineapple Strawberry Protein Smoothie

6 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 4, 2012 at 7:30 pm

These look amazing!!!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Greatness

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I’m so going to have to check out that recipe ASAP! I love me some zucchini brownies (one of my top 10 favorite foods for sure!!!) :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Intimidated by 4th Grade?

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 4, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I love how you’re finding so many ways to use your zucchini!! I’ve heard that zucchini is good in brownies, but I’ve yet to try it. I have, however, used chickpeas in baked goods and those always turn out AMAZING!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Tres (Tuscany and Rome)

9 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 4, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Yum! Love how you’ve baked this in a glass casserole dish, great idea; I have been procrastinating about making brownies for ages, not having exactly the right oven tray. I guess it doesn’t matter! Fabulous – will give these a try :)
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..Cherry Tomato Tartlets

10 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 4, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Oh man, these look FAN-TAS-TIC!!! I don’t have any zucchini on hand but I have a feeling they would be just as good without or subbed with something else. Thanks for sharing….I will be dreaming about these all night!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Feel Good kind of Day

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 4, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Pretty sure this is my favourite zucchini recipe you’ve posted. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I’m Chewy All the Way.

12 Nicole August 4, 2012 at 10:46 pm

These look awesome – can’t wait to try ‘em out… Perfect way to use up the last of the zucchini from my CSA box!

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 5, 2012 at 7:17 am

Yum! Just got my hands on some chocolate chunk Chobani! I think I know what’s on my to-bake list for the coming week!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Quick Update

14 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 5, 2012 at 8:12 am

I’ve heard of zucchini brownies before but was kind of iffy about how they would taste. If they are husband-approved, I’ll have to make them! :)
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Weekly round-up (8/4)

15 Karla August 5, 2012 at 8:24 am

Thanks for all of great looking zucchini recipes! My grandma gave me tons of zucchini last night. Today i’m making these brownies!
Karla recently posted..The Old Life and The New

16 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 5, 2012 at 9:05 am

Yum, yum, yum! Love zucchini recipes and these look sooo good!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..One Year Ago [yesterday]….

17 Danica @ It's Progression August 5, 2012 at 9:22 am

“Mama Pea” recently posted a recipe for zucchini brownies too–veggies in dessert is genius! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 7/29 – 8/4

18 Jeanine August 5, 2012 at 10:25 am

I can’t wait to try these, they look amazing!!!!
Jeanine recently posted..I Love Saturday Mornings…

19 Elaine August 5, 2012 at 10:58 am

These look delicious! Will need to try them soon :)
Elaine recently posted..Popeye Smoothie

20 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

Oh my gosh, the brownies look out of this world. I have to go check out the recipe!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

21 Rachel August 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

These look delicious!
Rachel recently posted..iheartradio obsessed

22 Lisa August 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

This looks SO delicious!! I have a few extra zucchinis. This may need to be the recipe I use to use them up. Yum!!
Lisa recently posted..No-Bake Protein Bars + Strawberry Goat Cheese

23 Bek @ Crave August 6, 2012 at 1:34 am

Woohoo! brownies with an extra bonus ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Manic Monday + Toasted Coconut Dark Choc Cookies

24 Ksenija August 6, 2012 at 9:17 am

yummy! how amazing do those little sinners look?

25 Born27 August 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm

wow! This is so yummy! What I love about this recipe is that it is actually made of vegetable. Very healthy for kids. I can’t help myself to imagine the taste! Lol!
Born27 recently posted..Privacy Policy