Bachelorette Party Fun

by Courtney on August 5, 2012

Such a fun weekend away with the girls!!

A little after 12:30 yesterday afternoon, our group of ten made it up to Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT for a hot, sunny day on the beach. The water was warm and the sand was HOT. Like, not a “oh wow, that sand is hot” sort of hot…more like a “oh holy $h*t that sand is burning the bottoms of my feet!”

We quickly moved our stuff as close to the water as possible, set up shop, and enjoyed the day. We all picked up some subs from Subway on our way up and had those for lunch, along with a few other snacks throughout the afternoon.

(can anyone spot the tray of zucchini brownies in the shade?)

I’ll tell ya…we were a super fun group, but we did dearly miss our pal Rachel, who couldn’t make the trip because she wasn’t feeling well…hope you’re on the mend, Rachie!

IMG_3996Cropped pic since I’m pretty sure none of us are the post-full-bikini-pics-on-the-internet type…or at least, I am right now Winking smile

A little after 4:00, we decided we should all head out and make our way to the hotel so we could get ready for the evening. Once everyone showered up, we all met up in one of the rooms to celebrate the bachelorette!

We had some snacks and a couple beverages in one of our hotel rooms and hung out playing games and whatnot.

IMG_4002IMG_4007

I enjoyed a couple Skinny Girl margaritas while we hung out before leaving for dinner and they’re pretty tasty. Have you tried ‘em yet?

A couple hours later, we all headed down to Church Street for our reservation at RiRa Irish Pub.

For my dinner, I decided to go with the “Uniquely Veggie” sandwich, which was a house made white bean patty, topped with goat cheese, sundried tomato pesto, sliced cucumbers, and caramelized onion.

It was good, but was actually a bit mushy. Fortunately, the flavor was enjoyable, and so were the fries. Winking smile

After dinner, we spent a little more time at the pub listening to the band that was playing before heading out to a different club for the rest of the evening.

One of our highlights of the evening though HAD to be when we encountered this group of lovely, err, “ladies.”

I believe they called themselves the Beaver Pond something or other, and oh my gosh were they a riot. Too, too funny!

Around 2:30am, we ended up making it back to the hotel and ate a crap-ton of tortilla chips, pretzels, and zucchini brownies before we called it a night…man, I’ll tell ya…I am not used to these late nights anymore. Hello, granny.

This morning, we all got up, stopped at DD’s for some breakfast (since we took too long getting ready and missed the continental breakfast at the hotel) and made our trip back home after a super fun weekend away.

Now that I’m all settled back in, it’s about time to go spend the rest of the evening with my boys and figure out something to make for dinner…I’m actually thinking that some Skinny Alfredo may be in order tonight!

How has everyone else’s weekend been? Anything fun or exciting happening?

1 Alison August 5, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! The “ladies” must have been fabulous entertainment hahaha. And gahh you keep mentioning those zucchini brownies and it makes me want them more and more! There’s no more zucchini left in the house :(

2 Katie Stevens August 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Burlington! My home town! Glad you had fun here and the (hot) weather cooperated. PS love your blog!

3 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thanks, Katie! :)

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’m such an old lady, too. I swear, anything past 11pm sounds way too exhausting to me! ;) But it looks like you guys had a great time!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Tres (Tuscany and Rome)

5 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 6, 2012 at 8:51 am

Right? That’s how I feel- 24-going-on-80!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Cantaloupe!

6 Jenna August 5, 2012 at 6:33 pm

oh my gosh I go to school in burlington (at Saint Michaels) and I love RiRas! Now i’m dying even more to go back! sounds like such a fun weekend :)

7 Ellie@Fit for the Soul August 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Omgness those ‘ladies’ are gonna give me a nightmare tonight! hahaa~but they kind of look legit….? And that is actually really thoughtful of you! Because I know many people aren’t comfortable in bathing suits to begin with, and then to have a picture up, oh boy….:)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..What to Do with Your Veggies

8 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 5, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Looks like you had a blast! I had a fun weekend celebrating my b-day and devoured plenty of peanut butter chip cake! ;)
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Powermeal and the perfect oats for Summer

9 Danica @ It's Progression August 5, 2012 at 8:18 pm

We had some friends over last night for a grill out and games…it was a ton of fun but we were up to 3am and man am I not used to that anymore! I was thinking the same thing about myself–feeling old! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Liebster Award: My Answers

10 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 5, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Ha! What is it about sinking a few cocktails on a night out that makes you so staarrving hungry at 1 o’clock in the morning and ready to demolish all munchies in sight? Same thing happened to me on Friday… if I was better prepared maybe I could have left out some carrots for myself. Celery sticks. Cream cheese and crackers? Not a bad idea, right? Some sort of healthy after-party spread. Although, for me, probably drinking less cocktails is a better strategy ;-)
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..London Bridge for Sunday Lunch

11 Shana August 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I did some reading this weekend (exciting, I know!) but I came across something that I thought you might find interesting and perhaps helpful. I’m in the same boat you are health wise and your blog has been encouraging me to redefine my definition of “healthy.” Anyway, the book is called “Vegetarian Sports Nutrition” by D. Enette Larson-Meyer. One little tidbit I found particularly interesting was that you can actually have too much fiber from fruits and veggies in your diet which may interfere with vitamin and mineral absorption and result in hormone (estrogen) imbalance. The bulk and excess fiber can also result in getting full quickly, making it difficult to eat enough calories (energy) throughout the day. She actually recommends adding in some refined grains as a way to reduce fiber while maintaining adequate caloric intake. As a fruit and veggie FANATIC, this is information is literally hard for me to swallow but could benefit my health and athletic performance in the long run. There is also some good information about adequate (healthy) fat intake and its positive effects on the body. I apologize for the short novel, but I find this all very fascinating and needed to share it with someone. Thanks for doing what you do and encouraging us all to listen to our body’s individual needs. And if you stayed for the end of this, God Bless You.
Shana recently posted..How to Achieve Inner Peach

12 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:58 am

That’s super interesting, Shana. Thanks for sharing! :)

13 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 5, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! I definitely did the exact opposite–I worked the entire weekend. :(
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K Recap

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 5, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Oh my gosh, that Skinny Alfredo is your recipe?! I found it on Pinterest two weeks ago (and obviously skipped completely over the contributor information…oops) and made it on Friday. MINDBLOWING. Seriously, it was so. good. A+ work!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Return of the PDR

15 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:57 am

Hahaha, thank you! So glad you enjoyed :)

16 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm

My weekend wasn’t quite that exciting!

I’ve tried the Skinnygirl Margarita – it was just ok for me. I really want to try the Sangria!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Ninja Health Attack.

17 Rachel August 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm

looks like fun! I had a fun weekend.. went into the city with the Boyfriend and saw the new Chobani store and went over to the M&M store :) got myself a new mug ;)
Rachel recently posted..A Day in Pictures

18 Miranda @ Biting Life August 6, 2012 at 2:48 am

Oh my gosh, it looks like you had so much fun!! I’m younger than you are and sometimes I feel like a granny, too! This weekend I had a girls’ night with my friends and by the time 12:30 rolled around, I was DONE. So not used to that, haha.

Also, I just made your Skinny Alfredo for the second time this week and it was just as amazing :) Even had it for leftovers at lunch today. Delicious!
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Dark Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas

19 Khushboo August 6, 2012 at 3:30 am

Fun weekend! I am especially loving those Beaver Pond hair dos ;)! Are those skinny cocktails strong?
Khushboo recently posted..Just touched down…

20 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

They’re not too strong

21 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 6, 2012 at 4:16 am

Sounds and looks like you had a blast! Did the brownies go down well?
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..It will never get old

22 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:45 am

They did! A little melty on the beach though ;)

23 Miz August 6, 2012 at 6:00 am

LIVING
V
I
C
A
R
I
O
U
S
L
Y
:-)
Miz recently posted..Six steps to clean eating.

24 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 6, 2012 at 7:32 am

It looks like such a fun celebration! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Marrige License & Weekend Recap…

25 Smile August 6, 2012 at 9:28 am

Just cautious why u had no problem posting full bikini pic back in jan? Now that u gained 6lbs u won’t? How do u think that comes across to readers? Just sayin

26 Courtney August 6, 2012 at 9:41 am

Yes, I was more comfortable with how I looked back in February, and I’ve been very honest with the fact that I am not super comfortable with how I look now. I’m not sure how that would come across to my readers other than I just don’t feel comfortable posting it, and I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing? But more so than that, as I mentioned above, I also did it out of respect for the rest of my group of friends. I hadn’t asked them previously if they would mind, and I know that I wouldn’t appreciate having my pic posted without someone asking first.

27 Katy August 6, 2012 at 1:02 pm

That sounds like so much fun! I had my bachelorette party this weekend and we had a blast. Its always great to get the girls together for great food and drinks. :-)
Katy recently posted..My Bachelorette Party

28 Bek @ Crave August 7, 2012 at 7:15 am

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I am in need of a girly weekend :) Seems pretty un-rowdy for bachelorette party but hehe ;) I’m sure those moments won’t be blogged about but :P
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Vanilla Protein Slice