Still Not Even Sure

by Courtney on August 7, 2012

Confession: I didn’t really sweat too much during yesterday’s yoga session, so I wore the same outfit again this morning.

And I have no shame about it either. Besides…I know I can’t be the only one guilty of this. Winking smile

I made sure to get a little workout in right after waking up this morning, since I’ve got a busy day ahead of me. I laced up the sneakers, grabbed my latest book, and headed down to the treadmill for some reading + walking action.

Today’s workout of choice was the 45 Minute Treadmill Walk, which is always a great choice.

Once that was finished, I came back upstairs and immediately grabbed a banana cinnamon chip muffin with a little butter and snacked on that…I was huuuungry.

It took me forever to decide on what I actually wanted for breakfast. I must have taken at least three different things out from the fridge, freezer, and cabinet, only to put them back shortly after. It was one of those mornings.

Cody Creeper thought I was crazy.

Eventually, I settled on an English muffin with half peanut butter, half almond butter, banana slices, and chia seeds.

Plus an iced coffee, of course.

The muffin was good (I mean, it had peanut butter, of course it was good) but I’m still not even sure if it was really what I was craving.

Don’t you just hate when that happens?

I’ve got my morning blocked off to work on a few training plans which, honestly, is just so much fun. I am loving working with my clients, creating new and customized workouts for them, and hearing about the progress that they’re making. It’s so rewarding!

I’m still taking on clients, so feel free to check out the programs…could be a great way to buckle down on your own fitness routine for the tail end of summer!

End sales pitch. Winking smile

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could compete in (and be good at) any of the Summer Olympic Games, which would you choose?

I’d choose gymnastics, no doubt about it. Those girls amaze me to no end. Then again…I do love me a good game of badminton.

1 Faith @ For the Health of It August 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

Women’s marathon, please! it’s a life goal of mine – and finishing in 2:18 like those women did wouldn’t be shabby at all!

2 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes August 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

I was so impressed with the race! I actually started to tear up as the women finished … I can only imagine what they were feeling.
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Full-On Tapering

3 Caryln @ carylnrambles August 7, 2012 at 9:10 am

most definitely gymnastics!! i think track would be a close second… i love allyson felix!
Caryln @ carylnrambles recently posted..Butternut Squash Turkey with Lemon-Garlic Roasted Broccoli

4 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog August 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

Gymnastics is alot of fun so I think I would do that if I were cool enough to go to the Olympics… I used to take lessions when I was a little girl.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Foodie Penpals #3

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Walking + reading is on my workout agenda for this morning too! ;) I totally agree with you – I would love to be able to do gymnastics. Those girls amaze me!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Little Glimpse Of The Weekend

6 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

Agreed. Gymnastics! No doubt about it!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Weekend in the White Mountains and the Mythical New Hampshire Moose

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

I would like to do gymnastics. They are so talented in what they do. I don’t think I’d ever able to do anything close to what they do.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Two Years Of Blogging!…

8 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes August 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

The gymnasts are crazy impressive–so strong and flexible. I would love to compete in the Olympic triathlon. I’m just getting into the sport, and I absolutely love it. :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Full-On Tapering

9 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 7, 2012 at 9:18 am

Unless I get *really* nasty, I always rewear my workout clothes! It keeps the elastic from getting ruined.
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Take a minute.

10 Emily August 7, 2012 at 9:22 am

Swimming please! Especially a team relay!
Emily recently posted..Because I Go Pro

11 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 7, 2012 at 9:24 am

I would so choose gymnastics, but marathon would be cool too. Have no shame….when I only wear my workout clothes for an hour and barely break a sweat I’m all about pulling the same outfit out again.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Running sprints

12 Becky August 7, 2012 at 9:32 am

I think it’d have to be swimming for me guys! Or maybe diving! I’m amazed at what they do in the pool :)

Courtney, thanks for continuing to post inspiration…I’ve gotten so many food and exercise ideas from reading your blog everyday. You’ve also inspired me to start my own, check it out when you can!

xoxo
Becky recently posted..50 Minute Elliptical Interval Workout

13 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 7, 2012 at 9:33 am

I would have to choose swimming. Specifically the 100m butterfly.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..HOW Did I Forget To…

14 Danica @ It's Progression August 7, 2012 at 9:34 am

I would definitely choose gymnastics too. Those girls do such amazing things and make them look so easy!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Wedding Pictures: The Dance!

15 Renee August 7, 2012 at 9:34 am

How do you read and talk on a treadmill? I can’t pull it off I just get a headache.
Renee recently posted..An Enchanted Day

16 Courtney August 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

Haha, I don’t know…it just works!

17 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife August 7, 2012 at 9:46 am

Any track event over 400m or high jump! The speed & endurance of the longer distance runners is amazing to me! & who wouldn’t want to fly in the air over a pole into a giant cushion :)
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Homemade Almond Milk

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 7, 2012 at 9:46 am

I’d definitely say gymnastics as well! It’s seriously incredible what they can do!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..One Year

19 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats August 7, 2012 at 9:48 am

I HATE mornings like that! So annoying! Also, I totally re-wear my workout gear if I just did something light (like yoga or pilates) and I’m not dripping in sweat. I’m glad to hear other people do that too!
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..Devilish dogs, guinea pigs, & frogs

20 Lindsey August 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

I agree – gymnastics! They amaze me!
Lindsey recently posted..So You Want To Run?

21 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 7, 2012 at 9:51 am

I would definitely do Track — distance, sprints, all of it!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Olympics Addition Liebster Award — yes, I’m Obsessed

22 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona August 7, 2012 at 9:53 am

Soccer all the way. Those athletes are incredible!
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Long Weekend in Review

23 Khushboo August 7, 2012 at 10:04 am

I would choose gymnastics too- to have such control over your body & that kind of flexibility is amazing! I went for the beach volleyball mens’ finals last night and it definitely got me wanting to play some myself :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Just touched down…

24 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life August 7, 2012 at 10:17 am

I would love to compete in Trampoline. It looks like so much fun! But in reality, I would love to be a strong swimmer. It’s a skill I never fully mastered,I can doggy paddle, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to be good at.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..August Goals!

25 Courtney August 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

LOL, I’m a doggy paddler all the way! Jay makes fun of me all the time for it ;)

26 Yellow Haired Girl August 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

Gymnastics for me, too! They’re bodies are insane. I love the flexibility. And coordination … something I don’t have ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Human Again

27 Rachel August 7, 2012 at 10:28 am

I hate when I can’t figure out what to eat haha that usually happens to me on the weekends
Rachel recently posted..Attack of the Mosquito

28 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 7, 2012 at 10:30 am

I’ve wanted to be a gymnast since I watched the Magnificent 7 in 1996, so I’d definitely pick gymnastics. I was only 5 when those Olympics were on, so to this day I like to give my parents grief that if only they had let me start gymnastics that fall like I wanted, I could’ve been an Olympian haha. Probably not true, since I’m about four inches too tall to be any good, but since I never did gymnastics, I can kid myself about my untapped potential :P
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Return of the PDR

29 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 7, 2012 at 10:35 am

I’m torn between gymnastics, volleyball and swimming. How crazy is that? The three sports I’ve never even been close to being good at… ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Favorite Health Apps

30 Megan@ The Running Doc August 7, 2012 at 10:50 am

I think it’d be awesome to be a 10M platform diver. I definitely have a little bit of a fear of heights so I’m not sure I could even get myself to jump off, let alone flip and twist off, but I think it’d be awesome. I mean, they go into the water at almost 40 mph!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Giving Into Temptation

31 Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 7, 2012 at 10:53 am

I would do badminton. I played in high school and those Olympians are INSANELY good. So, yeah. I would play that :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

32 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 7, 2012 at 11:02 am

I’d absolutely choose gymnastics! I’ve always wanted to be an Olympic gymnast. If only I could do a cartwheel without hurting myself… :)
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..29 week bump update & our baby’s name

33 Julie August 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

I’d say gymnastics, too. The girls seem to create a great bond, too, which would make the whole experience even better. :-)
Julie recently posted..Empty Your Cup

34 janetha August 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

I always do that with my workout gear. No shame!
janetha recently posted..costa rica’s cuisine.

35 Gina August 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

I just stared reading your blog but it is quickly becoming one of my favorites! I totally re-wear workout gear after a light workout! And I would LOVE to be good at gymnastics, they do such amazing things.

36 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

Badminton is a good choice!!! I’d love to be up there in the triathlon!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Like melted butter

37 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 7, 2012 at 11:41 am

I was so inspired by the women’s marathon and triathlon! I wish I was a fast runner (and good swimmer) because those events are no joke! I also watched men’s diving last night and thought that looked pretty cool, too!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Motivation Monday: Run Like Angels

38 Ericka @ The Sweet Life August 7, 2012 at 11:46 am

Reading the 3rd 50 Shades now and can’t wait for it to be over. It’s not that terrible but…I’m kind of over the whole thing. Yet…I cannot bear not to finish the series. If Christian Grey calls Ana “beguiling” one more time, I will puke. No one actually uses that word as a description of a person! Oh just venting :)
Ericka @ The Sweet Life recently posted..Can You Spare $5? (Congo Special)

39 Courtney August 11, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hahahaha, I TOTALLY agree!!!

40 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 7, 2012 at 11:50 am

I’d want to compete in gymnastics without a question! I did dance as a child and always wished I had done gymnastics instead! The athletes are truly amazing!

41 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud August 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

gymnastics is my favorite part of the olympics to watch, for sure! :)
And how are you liking the fifty shades books?!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud recently posted..Eating Well vs. Exercising

42 Linda@getlindagetfit August 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You are not the only one that rewears not too sweaty work out clothes. I think a lot of us are guilty of it. Can’t go wrong with nut butters and banana for breakfast. Enjoy your book ;-)
Linda@getlindagetfit recently posted..Almond Butter Oat Protein Balls

43 Coco August 7, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Trampoline! No offense, but I am sick of all the gymnastics coverage. They are amazing athletes, but there are so many other sports that deserve coverage too!
Coco recently posted..Le Weekend

44 Alison August 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Gymnastics or a short distance track event!

45 Olivia August 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I’d say rowing. Those girls have such amazing, lean muscles! Gymnastics would be pretty cool, too!
Olivia recently posted..Raspberry Swirl Brownies + Circuit Training

46 michelle kim August 7, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I would love to be good at the hurdles or long jump. It’s amazing how fast they can run and how far they can jump!
michelle kim recently posted..Play Time

47 Jamie August 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I watched field hockey yesterday (finally) and it made me miss my college days of playing. I’d want to do a team sport so you at least have people to share your endless training with!
Jamie recently posted..Summer Bucket List

48 Ali @ Around the VeggieTable August 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I had the same kind of morning today! I kept walking from the pantry to the fridge, opening up doors and then shutting them again. I ended up having a smoothie, which I didn’t really enjoy and still have no idea what I actually was craving :)
Ali @ Around the VeggieTable recently posted..Five for Friday

49 Cat @sugaraddictanonymous August 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Rowing! I have been so into the rowing lately. All of the athletes amaze me, but the rowing, and volleyball teams have really caught my interest. I would have been most likely to make it as a swimmer though, that’s my best sport in real life!
~Cat
Cat @sugaraddictanonymous recently posted..Writing, Reading, and Watching the Olympics

50 Shannon August 7, 2012 at 2:24 pm

If I could be good at any sport in the Summer Olympic Games and compete, I’d have to say gymnastics. My second choice would be tennis. I like playing in my spare time, but I’m not that great. It’d be awesome if I could ever get to a professional level someday.
Shannon recently posted..Sutton’s Cafe, a review

51 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness August 7, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I agree about gymnastics! Always my favorite event! Although I wish I was a better runner and swimmer and both of those would be more idea for everyday workouts.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..11 Healthy Living Tips to Steal from Olympians

52 erica August 7, 2012 at 3:11 pm

gymnastics!!!
erica recently posted..weekend via instagram & iphone

53 Lisa August 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I totally re wear workout outfits from the day before…especially if I don’t sweat too much. Or actually, sometimes I do even after a hard workout.
I’d definitely choose between gymnastics, swimming, or triathlon. My three favourite events!
Lisa recently posted..Things and Thoughts

54 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige August 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Ha! I definitely re-wear workout clothes if I didn’t sweat in them. I also re-wear them a lot to the gym – if I only trained clients in them and not myself ;) Ahhh well!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..What I’m Listening to & a Reminder

55 Melanie August 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Gosh gymnastics hands down. Those girls are amazing.
Melanie recently posted..Garden Fresh Veggies

56 Trisha August 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I would totally be a swimmer. I swam for 13 years but quit when it became more about winning than fun. Sure, I like to win but I swam because it was fun & I enjoyed it. Winning was a bonus. I will say that watching the Olympics makes me wish I’d stuck with it, but not at the price of the pressure to win all of the time.
Trisha recently posted..Restaurant Week

57 Alysha @Shesontherun August 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I’d love to run as fast as the track and field girls. It’s so inspiring!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..8 miles in + Stuffed Pepper Casserole (a training recipe)

58 Jessica @ New Girl, New City August 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Gymnastics for sure… it takes some SERIOUS talent to make your body fly through the air like they do!
Jessica @ New Girl, New City recently posted..Catch Up

59 Kaitlyn August 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

your indecisiveness makes me smile. its like your speaking my daily train of thought. :) i had one of those “more of a miss than a hit” food days myself!
Kaitlyn recently posted..beach cookies.

60 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 7, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Pssht – I’ve reworn workout clothes more often than I’d ever care to admit. :-)

Love to compete in the trampoline! It just looks so fun and flippy.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Alpaca Lunch.

61 Bek @ Crave August 8, 2012 at 6:49 am

Your confession made me feel super guilty- is it bad that I usually wear my pants a few days in a row (change tops). And I do quite intense workouts haha! My bad.

62 Miss Coco J August 8, 2012 at 12:43 pm

No shame! I have a 2-day rule, even if I sweat, I hang my sports bra on the door to dry, and go about my business ;-) If I could compete I would either do volleyball or gymnastics.