If I Had the Extra Money

Good morning, friends! I’m back after another awesome, fun-filled weekend…

The blog took a bit of a back seat this weekend, which is perfectly fine by me. I had a busy agenda, along with some house chores, so by the time yesterday evening rolled around, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch some of the closing ceremonies for the Olympics.

source – CBS News

So I did, but definitely did not make it through all of ‘em. Did anyone else stay up to watch ‘til the end? My gosh, I can’t imagine how much time and planning was put in to organizing such an elaborate display. Crazy!

So before any closing ceremonies started, Jay and I actually finished up watching a couple of the final Olympic games while eating some dinner.

On the menu last night we had sweet potato wedges (seasoned with garlic powder, paprika, and seasoned salt), steamed broccoli, and Italian-marinated grilled chicken tenders.

Everything was great, but the chicken was fantastic. I marinated them for about 40 minutes in a packet of Italian dressing mix, 2-3 tbsp. oil + ~1/3 cup water, then simply cooked them on our George Foreman grill. Quick, simple, yummy.

For breakfast this morning, I made sure to use up some of the leftover broccoli in a big ‘ol veggie scramble.

I totally got out of the habit on making scrambles in the morning and I’m really trying to get back in to it. It’s such an easy way to sneak in some veggies for the day AND they’re just SO. GOOD.

Today’s scramble included two scrambled eggs, sautéed broccoli, onions, and cherry tomatoes, and some feta cheese. Oh…and ketchup.

I also thoroughly enjoyed this half of an English muffin that was slathered in peanut butter.

Great way to start my day, indeed.

And as if things weren’t already great, I’m heading out the door in about ten minutes to go to my long-awaited massage appointment. I enjoyed last month’s appointment so much that I had to book another one. I could really use some work done on these shoulders of mine!

I’ll tell ya, if I could, I would pay to get a massage every week. Heck, I’d pay for one every DAY if I had the extra money. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Fill in the blank: “If I had the extra money, I would spend it on ________ every week.”

I love veggie scrambles for breakfast! Now that you have a Trader Joe’s near you, you should try their balsamic glaze! It’s delicious, and I love putting it on my eggs like you put your ketchup!

If I had the extra money, I’d go for a weekly personal trainer session or a regular facial. And probably a little more shopping :)
    Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Sanford Sisters in A1, Part 2

2. Catherine says

Massages def! I’m actually getting one today…but its my birthday so special occasion! I’m trying to save right now to plan some during school because I can get so stressed!

If I had the extra money I would buy groceries at places like Whole Foods and The Fresh Market every week! ALL of my groceries! Right now, those places are resereved for special treats! Happy Monday!

4. Nicole says

Fun! I could certainly go for one of those myself – I’ve been making my husband step it up lately, but its just not the same. Enjoy yours!

My husband and I just got our second massages in four years a couple weeks ago, and were just saying we’d love to be able to do it more often!

As much as I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, I love eating out at great restaurants that much more! If I had the extra money, I would spend it on great meals most nights of the week!
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Motivation Monday: Find Your Greatness

Fancy foods! I often omit things from my diet if I can’t afford to get the real thing (like grass-fed beef, etc.). I would love to be able to buy anything I want at any grocery store!
    Julie recently posted..Birthday Weekend

If I had the extra money I would definitely spend it on spa treatments: facials, hair, nails, Indian head massages (<— amazing!) pedicures … and of course a weekly cleaner. The cleaner would be first on the list! I'm glad to see I'm not alone in these yearnings, maybe one day we all WILL have the money – hey, can't be bad for the economy right? That's what we tell our husbands 😀
    Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..A Little Hello from Miles

I would definitely hire a personal chef to cook me healthy food! I hate cooking, plus I’m horrible at it and my fiance only knows how to cook unhealthy food :( I would also love to get a weekly manicure!
    Julie recently posted..New Workout Routine

If I had the extra money, I would spend it on Fresh Market salads, produce, meat and baked goods every week. I only go once every two to three weeks to about a month, so it’s a real treat. Their stuff can be expensive…but the food? Delicious, and worth the extra money! :)

10. Aimee M says

If I had “extra money” (wouldn’t that be nice?!?!?!) I’d workout with a personal trainer during my 5 gym sessions each week. I like instruction and it would be more effective!

If I had the extra money I would buy…more time? Not possible? haha OK, well, I would definitely spend money to plan more weekend trips to visit my friends all around the U.S.! Wish flights were a a little cheaper!!
    Sarah B. recently posted..Here Goes Nothin’

12. Isaac says

why do you only eat a 1/2 of an english muffin? aren’t you trying to gain a little weight and be healthier?

• Courtney says

Yup, but unfortunately it was all that was left in our package. :) I made up for it with my mid-morning snacks