Fell In Love

by Courtney on August 15, 2012

It was about time to switch things up for lunch today.

I feel like I’ve been in a bit of a lunch rut lately. When it comes time for my mid-day meal, there’s never really anything that sounds super appealing to me. I mean, yogurt bowls and salads are always delicious, but I just haven’t been loving them lately. You guys know what I mean?

So today I decided to throw an old favorite into the rotation again with my sweet tuna salad.

I made it the same way as this version, but also added in some chopped grapes and avocado. Oh man, it was so good. Especially when scooped up with some Kashi crackers.

Today’s lunch was finally exactly what I’ve been looking for…just had to shake things up a bit!

Shortly after lunch, I headed out to the money pit that is Target to pick up a few things. I also decided to pop in to the clothing department to see if there was anything that caught my eye for a possible contender for this Friday’s cocktail party at HLS.

Turns out, there was something. And I fell in LOVE with it.

With everything about it…the color, the fit, the neckline, the lace, the price (only $24.99!). So excited.

While I was in the dressing room, I also did a bit more than try on clothes and actually ended up snacking on a SOYJOY bar.

That’s not weird or anything, right? Winking smile

Hope everyone’s havin’ a great day!

1 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’ve been having a but of a lunch rut too! I usually go with a smoothie, but they are starting to get a little old! Good thinking with the tuna, might steal your idea tomorrow! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..W.I.A.W: Summer nights should always end with a treat!

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

When hunger strikes…a girls got to eat! Love the dress! I had a creamy vegan waldorf salad today…grapes works so well in a creamy dressing!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Banana Buckwheat Loving

3 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Mhm! That sounds awesome!

I just googled your recipe, in case anyone else is interested: http://peachypalate.com/2011/11/25/waldorf-with-a-difference/
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..How to "hit refresh"

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 15, 2012 at 3:59 pm

ha thanks! that’s such an old one! I have a new improved one coming soon with much nicer pictures (cringe!)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Banana Buckwheat Loving

5 Brigitt August 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Pretty dress! I thought about going, but never got around to booking the trip. I wish I had! I’ve got the same blah feeling going on about yogurt lately (shocking for me!). Your tuna salad looks so good. Reminds me of the one my grandma makes me–lots of special add ins!
Brigitt recently posted..Asian Cucumber Salad

6 Sana August 15, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Target has AWESOME dresses, and they are totally affordable :) Heck, they are cheaper than yoga pants ;)

7 Annie August 15, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Just bought that exact dress a few weeks ago and loooove it! I’ve gotten more compliments on it than any other dress that I’ve owned! ha Target always pulls through! :o)

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 15, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Oh man, I’ve been craving crackers and tuna salad lately! I need to get my heiney to the store and buy some crackers. I love your addition of grapes and avocado to the tuna too! Yum!

LOVE the dress on you!! Don’t you just love Target?? The best thing is that I would never have even guessed you would have bought that dress at Target of all places. I love when that happens!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #47: My Day With A Toddler

9 Rachel August 15, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Cute dress!! I love Target, I always find myself stopping in ahha
Rachel recently posted..Wal-Mart and the Bin of Misfit Toys

10 Torry August 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress….I dont think the Targets in Chicago have it but I may just have to go and look!!!

11 Anna August 15, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Torry–if you’re in the city I just saw it at the Target on Elston Ave!

12 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 15, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Love the dress! Totally haven’t even thought about what I’m going to wear this weekend for hls yet! Ahh just panicked!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I ate Wednesday

13 Brandi August 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm

What a pretty dress!! :)

14 Stacie August 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I just got that exact same dress 2 days ago to wear for my cousin’s rehearsal dinner. Isn’t it the cutest?
Stacie recently posted..The Final Week

15 Tracey M August 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I have the same dress but in 2 colors ! I got the black one just because and i got the Coral/Ivory one for my Bridal Shower which is Saturday. With that price i couldnt go wrong either….love it.

16 Elaine August 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I love that dress! What a great find.
Elaine recently posted..Peach Pie Oatmeal

17 Jaclyn August 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm

oooooh cute dress! I love the white instead of the traditional lbd lol! and snacking in the dressing room? not weird at all lol.. :)
Jaclyn recently posted..3 states, 2 books, 1 day

18 Danica @ It's Progression August 15, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I carry snacks in my purse pretty much everywhere I go, so that’s definitely not weird to me :)
The dress looks so great on you!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #34: Hungry Hungry Hippo

19 Kailey August 15, 2012 at 4:45 pm

That dress looks beautiful on you, Courtney!!
Kailey recently posted..Simply the Best

20 Holly August 15, 2012 at 4:48 pm

LOVE the dress…and I totally will snack on something in the fitting room if I have to. Hey, when you’re hungry, you’re hungry :)
Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

21 Anna August 15, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I had my eye on that dress for my post-wedding open house in October…but thought it might be too cool by then! Last time I was in Target speed-walking past the clothes section a guy and his gf passed me as he was saying “DON’T LOOK! you’ll be forced to buy!” ahhaha so true, so true.

22 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 15, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Loving that dress!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Restaurant Review – Gonza Tacos y Tequila – North Raleigh

23 The Real Pretty August 15, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Uhh.. I need that dress. Super cute, girl! And I have eaten in a bathroom (not the stall, if that helps) before so I’d say the dressing room is A-OK!
The Real Pretty recently posted..Crash

24 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced August 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I love that dress!! I’ve been looking for a cute, white, inexpensive summer dress all summer! haha
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Busy Morning

25 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 15, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Love the dress and it looks great on you!! What would we do without Target?
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Gone Girl and WIAW #9

26 Tiffany August 15, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Wow what a cute dress! Love Target:-) Getting everything from toothpaste to a great new top is always a win. Can’t wait to hear about your adventures at HLS!

27 Malika August 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

OMG!! I am so glad I saw this post today…I love love that little white dress you bought at Target! I am going to an event where we must wear all white, and this is perfect! I hope they have it in my size….tomorrow ;)
You look great in it by the way!

28 Kaylie August 15, 2012 at 6:28 pm

That’s such a cute dress!!! I love and hate Target- they have the best stuff but I always spend too much money there!
Kaylie recently posted..Hummus Tuna Wrap

29 Leanne August 15, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Very cute dress!! And I’ve got some cans of tuna laying around that need to be eaten…so I think I’ll be making tuna salad this week ;) Thanks for the idea!
Leanne recently posted..WIAW – Summer foods to keep you in shape?! My summer staple = yogurt and zucchini!

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 15, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Beautiful dress! And it looks so pretty on your skintone! It would not look nearly as good on me with my pasty white skin!! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Chicken Pesto Pizza on Homemade Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough

31 Jeanine August 15, 2012 at 7:04 pm

That looks delish!!! Also, I love the dress!!!!
Jeanine recently posted..Add A Little “Extract” To Your Life…

32 Ellie August 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Mmmmm the smell of smelly fish makes me weak in the knees lol. And I just took a pic like that at target yesterday too! And I think I saw that dress and thought it was purrrty :)

33 Meghan August 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Looks great! How are those bars?? I’ll have to try them out!
Meghan recently posted..My first protein pancake!

34 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm

That dress is SUPER cute and I think I saw it today with another color underneath it. I thought about trying it on and right now I WISH I did….so cute! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW / Farmer’s Market Edition

35 Lauren August 15, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Love Target dresses! I own about 10 of them and none of them were over $25. Dress perfection! :) So excited to see you this weekend lady!
Lauren recently posted..Scattered

36 Michelle (Better with Berries) August 15, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I can’t believe that dress is from Target!! I mean, I have some cute clothes from there, but that dress is adorable!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Venison Meatballs with Roasted Vegetable Sauce

37 Sarah B. August 15, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Lovely dress! Tar-jay is definitely a money pit, but I must admit they always have the cutest clothes and the workout gear is adorable!

38 Katie (Goober Nut's Life) August 15, 2012 at 11:06 pm

That’s so not weird to me!
I’ve done that before, too (shh! don’t tell! :P ), and I just have horrible timing with my snacks in general. Like Holly said, when you’re hungry, you’re hungry! ;)
Katie (Goober Nut’s Life) recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #12: Bigger Appetite

39 Brethney Callies August 16, 2012 at 5:04 am

You are so pretty and sexy in your white dress. It is perfect for you.
Brethney Callies recently posted..Secrets to Dealing with Hair Loss

40 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 16, 2012 at 8:35 am

Love the dress! Target is one of my favorite places to buy clothing. They always have such cute stuff & of course, you can’t beat the price.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 23

41 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 16, 2012 at 10:08 am

So cute! I need to head to target soon, I’m having withdrawls!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Four Cheese Gnocchi and Two Classic Musicals

42 Elizabeth @ Southern Color August 16, 2012 at 10:15 am

I know what I’m doing after the gym tonight, walking over to Target to try on that dress! So cute!!

43 Nicole August 16, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Perfect dress to wear before Labor Day and the dreaded “can’t wear white after Labor Day” rule sets in! :) Good find!

44 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm

When you
e hungry, you’re hungry…even when you’re in a changeroom! :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Shower or the Internet.

45 Bek @ Crave August 17, 2012 at 6:51 am

You’ve lost me- grapes in a tuna salad?! I don’t think I could hahah. Ps. You look bangin’ in that dress :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..OUCH!