I Took Control

by Courtney on August 24, 2012

Hey guys! How’s the day going?

Things over here have been running smoothly – busy, but not in that “oh my god, I’m way too busy” sort of way. More like the, “I’m keeping busy and having fun” sort of way. Ya feel me?

Mid-morning, I decided to some yoga/pilates again from our On Demand channel. The video I chose today was just over 30 minutes long, but it wasn’t my favorite so I won’t even bother giving details.

Shortly after that, I headed out to the pool for about an hour and got caught up on some reading…

I’ve made it to the epilogue! Honestly, I feel like I got through the first two books way quicker than the third. For a while, I was just having a hard time getting in to this book, and some of the monotonous wording and, errr, actions(?), were starting to get a bit stale. I will say that a little more than halfway through it did pick up a bit though.

Out of all three books, I’d have to say that the second book is my favorite. But once this is finished, I’m about ready to dive right in to Emily Giffin’s latest book. Too bad it was out of stock when I went looking at the book store today.

Luckily, my trip to the mall wasn’t a total bust though…

A couple necessities from Sephora, a new pair of earrings and bracelet for Kathryn’s wedding next week (yayyyy!!), and a couple things from Express. Nothing too crazy – just a new pair of leggings, a simple black tee, and this sweater in blue. I had coupons. Winking smile

As far as the food front goes today, I’ve been in sort of a snacky mood and haven’t really bothered to take too many photos. There is one thing I snapped a pic of though.

The last piece of Banana Chocolate Chip Bread + an apple with cinnamon.

Oh, and as far as the whole date night situation goes?

I took control of that one. Winking smile

1 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 24, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Hahah yess! Good job! I basically did the same thing today with my husband. You gotta do what you gotta do! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Looking forward to Fall & THANK YOU for making me smile.

2 Liz @ Southern Charm August 24, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Love it!! haha. I’M dying to know where you are taking him too!!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..{Recipe}: Eggplant Chickpea Over Stuffed Peppers

3 Michelle August 24, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Awesome! I love surprising them for a change and taking control. Have fun whatever you guys are up too. I can’t wait to find out ;)
-Michelle
Michelle recently posted..Weekend Warm-Up : Food & Recipes

4 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files August 24, 2012 at 4:30 pm

i agree with you the second book is the best..i didn’t even end up finishing the third I just had my mom tell me what happened..have fun on date night!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Back in Action

5 Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger August 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm

hahah! I love it! I need to do the same thing. I think its funny too that my BF has very similar text responses :)

PS. Charming Charlie is my danger zone! I LOVE that store

6 Elaine August 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Haha love the text convo :) Have fun on your date!!
Elaine recently posted..Apple Pie Oatmeal

7 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills August 24, 2012 at 4:39 pm

hahah that sounds like me….needing to know where we’re going. he gave up easier than I would though….i’m a bit stubborn! :)
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..Gotta get down on Friday…

8 heather August 24, 2012 at 4:40 pm

i loved all 3 of the books and when they were done i was almost sad! hah but i agree 100%- by the 3rd book, i was starting to skip over some of the, um, “adult” parts. it was just so repetious. i did like the story line with it… i just could have done without all the extra parts to their relationship! hah have a great date tonight!

9 Amanda August 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm

haha I LOVE that you took control! Hope you guys have a super fun date night!
Amanda recently posted..QT With Baby Love

10 Amanda Brezgel August 24, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I just got my copy of Where We Belong in the mail from Amazon yesterday!! Emily Giffin is my favorite. My favorite is Love the One You’re With. Which one is yours? I was actually pretty happy with the movie and I guess they are going to make a second.

11 Courtney August 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Lucky!!!
Oh gosh, I love them all. But I remember really liking Baby Proof :)

12 Brittany @ readrunrepeat August 24, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I love Emily griffin :) good for you for taking control! I’m dying to know your plans!! Happy date night
Brittany @ readrunrepeat recently posted..What I’m reading…

13 Khushboo August 24, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I’m hesitant to start the 3rd book- loads of people share your opinion about it!

14 Lauren August 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm

That txt message has 50 shades written all over it! Ow Ow! :) LoL
Lauren recently posted..A Double Date in Greece

15 Brandi August 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Aww, have fun on your date night! I picked up a new book series called Divergent (the sequel is Insurgent)…..LOVE it!!! Just finishing up the second book and now have to wait an entire year for the final installment.

16 Miranda @ Biting Life August 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I felt the same way about Fifty Shades Freed. It took me so much longer to finish it than the first two. I agree, it started to pick up a little bit in the middle and I got more into it, but I really didn’t like it as much as the first two. Hmm I haven’t heard good things about the Emily Giffin book, but I’m interested to know what you think of it!

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Way to get your date night, girl! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Link-Up Party!

18 Laura August 24, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I just finished that Emily Giffin book..it was good! She’s one of my fav authors. Have fun on your date night!

19 Alison August 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Hahaha you go girl!

20 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I’m on the second one so far and both have been just okay. I’m also really ready to dive right into Emily Giffin’s new book. I may take a break from Christian! ;) Way to take control, can’t wait to hear where ya’ll went.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..day 6 back-to-school snacks and I saved the best for last!!

21 Diane August 24, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Yeahh enjoy date night! :) I’m kinda in a book rut now, but I have the new Emily Giffin book so I’ll probably give that a go! Xx
Diane recently posted..NOTD: Mavala Elle

22 Katherine August 24, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Your food looks yummy :)

Katherine recently posted..Cheribundi Winner & Latest Eats

23 Shannon August 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I agree with Shannon above. Charming Charlie is a weakness of mine. But money saving me resists buying, and just looking. I do have a gift card that I should spend soon though! They have such great jewelry at reasonable prices too. That’s the great thing about the store. :)

That’s great that you took control for the night. I can’t wait to read where you went and see if the place has good food or not. Have fun on your date!

SN: About the new Emily Giffin book, I have heard awful things about it. Read Kristi’s post on how she deleted all negative reviews on the new book from the Internet and had her husband defending her here: http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/emily-giffin-author-gone-mad/50558/

24 Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 24, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hahaha love it, way to be Courtney :) Enjoy date night pretty lady!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Friday- This and That

25 Alicia August 24, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Those apples look so yummy! But I did the same thing with my hubby, but he knows where we are going. Island Burgers (I worked out just for tonight) and then to watch the Expendables 2! Hope you have a great date night!
Alicia recently posted..Thursday: Day 31 + Walk

26 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 25, 2012 at 6:36 am

Ooh thanks for the Emily Giffin heads up! I am really looking forward to a good read after I get my dissertation handed in next month, I can add another treat to my list of rewards :)
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..Cat Vacation

27 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset August 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

Haha! Love how you took control. I lol’ed when I read your texting convo ;)
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..How to have an ENTIRELY ‘good’ day

28 chrissie August 25, 2012 at 10:34 am

I just finished the new Emily Giffin book…I wasn’t too impressed. Usually I love her books, but this one didn’t do much for me!

29 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 25, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love that you took control! I need to do something like that soon. Now that we’re adjusting to married life in our new apartment, we need to make plans to go out every once in a while!

30 Bek @ Crave August 26, 2012 at 3:23 am

Hahah! Good on ya ;) Girl power hehehe.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Do something that scares you everyday