Dance Party Time at Seth and Nicole’s Wedding

by Courtney on September 16, 2012

Congratulations to Seth & Nicole!!

Yesterday afternoon, Jay and I made the short drive out to Schoharie, NY, ready to celebrate and have some fun. The wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Olde Tater Barn, which was such a quiet, beautiful little spot.

For the ceremony, I just had to take a few photos of the details from their florist, Fantasy Floral Designs. I saw them on Facebook this morning and quickly saw that theirs came out way better than mine.

As I suspected, so many of the details from her wedding were just so stinkin’ cute.

Aren’t they great for a rustic, fall wedding? LOVE it!

As if that wasn’t cute enough, I happened to notice that a couple of the kids in the bridal party were holding some interesting pieces of cardboard.

This one was funny,

But this one made me laugh out loud.

If you were to know these two, then you would also know that this was very fitting for them. Smile

The ceremony was brief but very personal, including readings from various people in the bridal party.

IMG_4415IMG_4417

The two of them were all smiles the entire time – so obvious that they’re in looooove.

After the ceremony, everyone was invited to join in on the cocktail hour located in the front barn.

There were plenty of hors d’oeuvres and beverages to go around, and the adorable details continued.

I mean, how cute are these, right?!

Jay and I joined my brother and parents, and we all enjoyed the beautiful weather outside while chatting away and enjoying a couple of cocktails.

I <3 my family Smile

Eventually, the couple of the hour joined in, so we got a chance to hang out a bit with them.

Me & the happy bride!

Again, aren’t her flowers gorgeous?

Once the cocktail hour was over, a few large barn doors opened up and we were escorted into the main reception area.

So, so pretty.

I didn’t wind up having many appetizers during the cocktail hour, so shortly after Seth and Nicole were announced and had their first dance, it was time to eat…and thank goodness, because I was huuuungry.

Apparently, I was so excited to get back to my seat to eat that I didn’t notice the spilled lasagna that was on the floor right after the buffet…aaaaand I proceeded to do a nice slip and fall right in front of everyone. Thankfully, it was semi-graceful and I didn’t drop my plate (although about half of my food did go flying), but I still felt like a major tool.

So then I went back and attempted round two…thank goodness I managed to keep that trip clean.

I grabbed a bit of everything for dinner, including, salad, veggie lasagna, potatoes, squash, chicken, and a roll, and it all tasted great.

After dinner, it was dance party tiiiiiime. After dancing a few songs inside, it was starting to get a little warm, so me, Jay, and lil bro headed outside to have our own dance party.

Because, ya know, we’re cool like that. Winking smile

Side note…does my brother’s outfit make anyone else think of the Joker from Batman?

We also had a little fun at the make-shift photo opp wall. I can’t remember who put it together (I think it was the wife of one of the groomsmen) but I’d never seen anything like it before. Super unique!

Before I knew it, it was time for my favorite part of the wedding…

Mmmmm, cake.

Jay and I each split a piece – the chocolate cake had some some of peanut butter filling, but I couldn’t tell what the vanilla cake piece had.

Either way, they were both delicious so I really don’t care what they were filled with.

After thoroughly enjoying every last bite of cake, we all pretty much spent the rest of the evening bustin’ a move out on the dance floor, having an absolute blast.

And I’d have to say that this is one of my favorite pics from the night.

Classic, boys. Classic.

We arrived back home late this morning, are taking care of a few things around the house, and then we’re headed over to my parents’ house in a bit to watch the Jets game. ‘Tis the season!

Hope everyone’s having a fantastic weekend so farrrr!

1 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Wedding looks so cute and very pretty altogether (love your dress too!)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..This or that!?

2 Kim@hungryhealthygirl September 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Looks like a beautiful and very fun wedding! Isn’t wedding cake the best!?!

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh I love all of the cute details! I especially love the sign that the little boy was carrying! Too funny!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Parmesan-stuffed chicken breasts.

4 Danica @ It's Progression September 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm

All of those details are so perfect for a fall wedding! Very cute. And I know I said this yesterday but your dress was gorgeous!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Workouts 9/9 – 9/15: goodbye toenail

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I think Pinterest has revolutionized weddings!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Gone Girl

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Looks like such an adorable wedding!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Life Catch-Up

7 Linz @ Itz Linz September 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Mmm both those cakes look so good! Peanut butter? Yes! White cake with some type of berry filling? Mmm! Looks like yall had a blast!

8 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 16, 2012 at 6:06 pm

what a cuttte wedding?!!! And omgshhhhh I love that photo booth, it truly is unique and fun~I have never seen something like that. Ummm I’m pinning it, hehe.
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Battle of the Yogurts

9 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 16, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I think this wedding was MADE for Pinterest! The name tags are ADORABLE!

10 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 16, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Looks like a beautiful wedding with a few amazing touches. I love weddings!! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Plank A Day

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 16, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Purple and Green? That has joker written all over it. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..My Mom Knows Me Too Well + New Blog Pages.

12 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Haha…love the last pic of your brother and Jay!! It has been WAY too long since I have had the chance to do some dancing and seeing this pics makes me want to go!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Such Great Recommendations

13 Michelle (Better with Berries) September 16, 2012 at 9:06 pm

That photo wall is so cute! I have seen similar things, but nothing like that! Their wedding had so many creative elements. I have to say I’m glad I’ll have Pinterest when I get married – so many cool ideas!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Jowler Creek Winery

14 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

SUCH cute wedding! Seriously – I love all the details!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

15 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat September 17, 2012 at 12:06 am

looks like such a cute wedding!! haha the picture of your brother made me laugh so hard, makes me want to go to a wedding
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Happy Birthday Chumlly :)

16 Khushboo Thadani September 17, 2012 at 2:22 am

What a great wedding- so much attention to detail…I especially like the font used in the menu :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..A load of crap

17 Miz September 17, 2012 at 5:54 am

I love weddings.
I needed this LOVEREMINDER this morning too.
Miz recently posted..Role model Monday: It’s how I do.

18 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 17, 2012 at 7:51 am

Looks like such a cute wedding! I love the close attention to details :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Pre-Opening Preview Of The Cheesecake Factory!…

19 Kelly September 17, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I just love weddings like this! More of a casual feel, not so stuffy and formal. I think people have more fun at weddings like this. I just love all the cute ideas right down to the flowers!
Kelly recently posted..Smart Planning. Cheap Wedding Flowers

20 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles September 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm

The photo op wall is totally unique. Your brother’s outfit is awesome! Glad it was another memorable wedding for you.
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..WIAW: Labor Day Edition

21 Bek @ Crave September 18, 2012 at 8:46 am

Both your recent blogs aren’t showing up properly again- they are all off centre and the font is white against the white background- oh no. And I really want to read about the wedding and your recipe fail :P
Bek @ Crave recently posted..First day at school

22 Bek @ Crave September 19, 2012 at 2:31 am

The wedding is beautiful! I’ve never seen a theme like that- very unique :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Pet hates