Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats

by Courtney on September 20, 2012

Juuuuust when you thought my pumpkin obsession couldn’t get any worse…

This happened.

I ended up walking past these yesterday while in good ‘ol Walmart and decided that I could not let them go untouched. I mean, they were only $1.25…they were practically begging to be thrown into my cart.

This whole summer, I’ve really been all about rice crispy treats. Anytime we’ve been out at a party and they’re there, I can’t get enough of ‘em (my friend, Andrea, makes some great ones!). Yet, I never end up making them myself.

That needed to be changed.

So this afternoon, I got my pumpkin marshmallows all cooked up.

And go to work on making some delicious pumpkin spice rice crispy treats.

Into the pan they went…

And then, just because a little extra chocolate is never a bad thing…

I came across this milk chocolate candy bar in the back of my fridge (leftover from my fun package in June) and decided I’d put it to use.

Knowing that the hubby can get weird about “extras” added into baked goods, I made sure to keep some nice and plain.

Then again, they are pumpkin, so something tells me he may not be in to these as much as I am.

Hey…ohh weeeelllll. Winking smile

pumpkin spice rice crispy treats

I think these would be mighty fun and festive to celebrate the beginning of fall this coming Saturday, don’t you? Winking smile

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oh my gosh! I need to get my hands on those marshmallows! Those rice krispie treats look amazing! Totally going to to make these this weekend! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Take Steps, Be Heard!…

2 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

What a fabulous idea!! My kids would go crazy for these!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things: favorite quotes from around the web

3 stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Need to make these!!!!!!!!!!! My brother love pumpkin spice anything and these look so easy! One problem, I dont have a microwave! Yup, I don’t! Weird, I know…so I’m going to have to do it on the stove top. Hopefully it will still be easy :)
stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Life’s To Do’s

4 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Um…pumpkin + Rice Krispies + Dylan’s? Remind me why I have to finish work in lieu of making these RIGHT THIS SECOND again?

Pinned ‘em for the weekend (maybe tonight). :)
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..HIIT: Little Method & Turbulence Training

5 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 20, 2012 at 3:03 pm

These look amazing!!!! Never seen pumpkin marshmallows before! Sounds amazing!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Grain Free Apple Pie

6 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets September 20, 2012 at 3:03 pm

OMG these look incredible! Those pumpkin-spiced marshmallows were MADE for the pumpkin obsessed! They were practically begging to be used in a recipe ;) I SO wish that these were available in Canada, but I don’t think they are :(
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..salad ‘spiration

7 michelle kim September 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm

MY GOODNESS, NO WAY! That is sooooo perfect for the fall (ahhh I’ll just have to let it roll over into the winter desserts, too ;)!
michelle kim recently posted..Because I Felt Like It

8 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles September 20, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I have never seen these before!! Awesome! Did they taste super pumpkin-y or did they add a slight hint on flavor?
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..WIAW: Morning Protein in a Muffin

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Well you just convinced me to brave the crazy crowds of Walmart to go in search of these marshmallows. As simple as they are, Rice Krispie treats are probably one of my favorite desserts, and the combination of pumpkin and chocolate sounds to die for.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … travel edition .

10 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 20, 2012 at 3:33 pm

OMG must make these immediately. I might try with just regular marshmallows and add spices… we’ll see how they turn out!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

11 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

OH MY YUM!!! First of all, I NEED those marshmallows! Second, I’m not sure they’d last before I could make rice krispie treats. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The 24 Hour Run (15 years later)

12 Beks September 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

With the chocolate sprinkled on top, it’s like Halloween in a pan! Mix up favorite candy bars (Milky Way, Reese’s, etc) and you can call them “Trick Or Treat Crispies.” :-)
Beks recently posted..Crazy crazy Cuh-RAZY week ahead!

13 Taylor September 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Ohh man those look good!! any chance you know of a good pumpkin cookie recipe?

14 Courtney September 20, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Funny you should ask! I have a few recipes I’m hoping to experiment with next week ;)

15 Taylor September 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm

How perfect! :) I look forward to seeing what you create!

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Yum! I love rice crispy treats!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Fall Into Good Habits

17 Megan@funsizedfitness September 20, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Those looks soooo good! I might try them with some peanut butter mixed in :)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Frozen Yogurt Lovin’

18 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 20, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I am in pumpkin overload and LOVING it!!!! I have complied a list a mile long of “pumpkiny” things that need to be made. Gosh, here I was trying to lose a few pounds but may end up gaining them instead!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Bacon and Broccoli Mac & Cheese

19 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm

That is the most fun thing I’ve seen all day! Now I know what I’m making for book club on Tuesday!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Fall is Here! + WIAW

20 Kristen September 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm

knaslidjhfa klsdnfaosi;edba!!!!!!
So glad someone else is as obsessed with pumpkin as I am!

21 Alysha @Shesontherun September 20, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I love Rice Krispie treats :) I made some with Oreos that were beyond words. I’ve even substituted Rice Krispies for Special K because that’s what I had in the house.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Fox Citites Half Marathon: Only 3 Days to Go!

22 Chelsea Lords September 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oh my gosh! These are awesome! I am totally obsessed with pumpkin too. Can’t wait to try them.
Chelsea Lords recently posted..Vegetarian Black-Bean Enchiladas

23 Lauren September 20, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Shut up! Pumpkin marshmallows? I’ve just died.
Lauren recently posted..How I Cut My $900 Grocery Bill in Half

24 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset September 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm

OH.MY.GOODNESS. I’m dying. These look so delicious!
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Annoyed

25 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat September 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I might just have to make these for my Locks of Love party ;) Thanks for the great recipe!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Happy Wednesday :)

26 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 20, 2012 at 5:59 pm

They’re selling pumpkin marshmallows!! Man, I really need to browse around the grocery store more, how did I miss these? Are they good? (dumb question I know but I had to ask)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Vanilla Almond Protein Oatmeal

27 Katy September 20, 2012 at 6:05 pm

WHAT!? NO WAY! Those look amazing! AND they would be a great addition to my Sunday Football Feast!
Katy recently posted..Giveaway Winner and Some Trouble

28 Tina @ Best Body Fitness September 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I’m assuming you have some of these and a cinnamon roll waiting for me, right? Good.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Thursday Thoughts: Fill In The Blank

29 Claire@ Keeping Up With Claire September 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Ohmygoshhhh….really?! I’m trying to get into the fall mood despite the 90 degree heat down here, and these little babies just might help me out! The marshmallows though, seriously? Since when have flavored marshmallows been a thing? Maybe I’m just way outta the loop!

30 Nicole September 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

So funny…my kids were snacking on pumpkin s’mores made with these marshmallows when I opened up the blog. Just another twist on the pumpkin/chocolate combo;) now they’re begging me to make the rice krispie treats for tomorrow. Someday I’ll hit my fill of pumpkin…maybe:)

31 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife September 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm

yummmmm! I am so making these! I have never heard of pumpkin spice marshallows! Oh boy!
Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife recently posted..Work Vending Machines. {Healthy or Not Healthy}

32 Angela @ Health's Angel September 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I literally said “WHAT!?” out loud when I saw the picture of those marshmallows. Ummm…awesome. I die. I love rice crispy treats! They’re so easy to make and always a hit.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Vitamin A, The Delicious Way (Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies)

33 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction September 20, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Now I have to find time for a trip to Walmart – those look delicious!
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..My Monday

34 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm

So, you’re kind of brilliant. Just FYI. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The “Violent Girl” Problem.

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 20, 2012 at 7:31 pm

John is really weird about extras too. Like this one time I made him pancakes and I put chocolate chips in it. He threw them away. WTH!!!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fall foods are back

36 Courtney September 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Your man is caraaaaaazy ;)

37 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 20, 2012 at 7:51 pm

So I’m not the biggest fan of marshmallows and rice krispie treats, but these have me really intrigued cuz I loooove anything with pumpkin~very clever recipe indeed. :D How weird! It must be a man-thing because my husband doesn’t like choc chips, etc. in his pancakes. Only stuff like bananas, blueberries, but not the more “special” additions. haha!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..I’m Lovin’ It

38 sherice@foodieluvsfitness September 20, 2012 at 8:00 pm

omg that looks amazing!!

39 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Very cool idea!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Why didn’t I think of that?

40 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced September 20, 2012 at 8:34 pm

OMG!! I NEED those pumpkin spiced marshmallows!! Is it just me or are there extra pumpkin flavored things this year??
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..VitaCrave Gummies!

41 Tara Deal September 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm

What a delicious looking treat! :) How clever!!

42 Sarah B. September 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

My eyes lit up SO BIG when I saw the glistening image of a that rice krispie treat show up in my reader!!
Sarah B. recently posted..Midweek Motivation

43 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 20, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Umm yeah, this is a winner to say the very least Courtney :) There is no way I would have been able to resist those marshmallows either!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Blog Q & A + WIAW

44 Rachel September 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm

omg wow… this sound incredible!
Rachel recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

45 Melanie September 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Oh my goodness Courtney. Those look amazing! I should just start wearing bibs when I read your blog bc you post so many drool worthy recipes. You go girl! Hey, wanted to ask you if there were any yoga challenges coming up in the future?!
Melanie recently posted..Bing Bang Boom BL(ea)T Salad

46 Courtney September 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I’ve actually been thinking about it! Perhaps I’ll do one for October…I haven’t gotten in nearly as many sessions as I’d like to this past month. You in?? :)

47 Melanie September 21, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Yes! I’ve maybe got one session in since your last Challenge and really need to get my butt back in gear with it. I’d be in. Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Melanie recently posted..Bing Bang Boom BL(ea)T Salad

48 Linz @ Itz Linz September 21, 2012 at 6:43 am

Holy cow they really do make pumpkin everything!! Pumpkin marshmellows?? Pumpkin rice krispy treats?? You’re a genius!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..I’m a… Lion?

49 Becka @ simplybecka September 21, 2012 at 8:30 am

Sounds delicious! OMG thanks for sharing. I am so gonna find those Marshmallows in my town. Sounds yummy. Have a great weekend. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..google reader…

50 Jolynn September 21, 2012 at 10:21 am

Genius idea! :)
Jolynn recently posted..Coconut Almond PB Pancakes

51 Nicole September 21, 2012 at 11:19 am

Do you know what your friend Andrea does to her Rice Krispie Treats to make them so fantastic? My aunt makes a mean Krispie Treat, but I have a feeling she adds extra butter or something to make them super delicious….
What’s Andrea’s secret?

52 Courtney September 21, 2012 at 11:42 am

Haha, I have no idea :)

53 Shayla September 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Rice crispy treats have been sounding soooo good to me too and I absolutely have to make these!! I love your baked goodie recipes so very much and can’t wait to try these…they look delish….and I hope you snuck in some of those mallows…it’d be hard not to eat the whole bag! ;)
Shayla recently posted..Cycle For Survival

54 Bek @ Crave September 21, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I’m not really a pumpkin lover (don’t hate) but I’d love to find peanut butter marshmallows! I’ve never seen many variations on marshmallows actually haha. Love the easy rice crispy slice! So many options to change it up :)

55 Anna October 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Ahhh, need to make these ASAP!!!!!
Anna recently posted..Happy Birthday Graham!

56 Nicole October 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hi Courtney, where did you get the pumpkin spice marshmallows?? I need to make these!

57 Courtney October 26, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Walmart :)

58 Nicole October 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

YAY thanks :)

59 TJ {Sugar Blossoms} September 2, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hi there! I wanted to let you know I featured you on Sugar Blossoms today. Stop by and check it out! http://sweetsugarblossoms.blogspot.com/2013/09/i-freakin-love-pumpkin.html
TJ {Sugar Blossoms} recently posted..I Freakin’ LOVE Pumpkin!