New Vacation Clothes…Or Not

by Courtney on October 30, 2012

Funny story to go along with this post. Keep reading…you’ll see why.

I have to admit it. I’ve been getting pretty darn excited about our upcoming trip to Mexico in February.

I know it’s still a good 3-1/2 months away, but lately I’ve been finding myself looking back at photos from this year’s trip and totally psyching myself out for another fun week with friends.

Along with that, I’ve also been doing quite a bit of “window” shopping for the trip, too.

You see, I usually try really hard not to go out and buy a whole new set of outfits just for one trip. But unfortunately, I don’t have too many summer clothes left that fit me all that comfortably right now. So yes, it’s a bummer…but on the other hand, it’s the perfect excuse to start looking for some new vacation clothes…am I right?!? Winking smile

In addition to some new clothes, I’m also going to be in the market for a new bathing suit, and I recently discovered a new-to-me site on the internet, Swimwear365. Have you guys heard of it before? The site is filled with not only tons of super stylish swimwear, but lots of other cute clothes too. Basically, it was an “I’m going to Mexico soon and I need everything I SEEEE” sort of moment.

So as far as bathing suits go, I’m actually thinking that I want to try and go the Tankini route this year. I’ve been considering getting one for a while now, and I think I’d probably feel most comfortable in one of these right now. Here’s a few I came across that I’m considering…

Bandeau Tankini                  Black Striped Tankini                  Floral Tankini

tankini1tankini2tankini3

In my quest to find a bathing suit, I also discovered some of their wicked adorable dresses and tops. Here’s a little peak at a few I’m loving…

Beach Dress                                               Orange Striped Dress

dress1dress2

Black Sun Dress                                             Pink Retro Tunic

dress3top

Okay, so here’s where things get funny…sort of.

So I just spent a good hour shopping around on the site. And then I spent another good 45 minutes putting together this post to share with you. Then, I just went to put a few items in my shopping cart to checkout, only to realize this…

shipping

How’s that for a kick in the pants? You’d think I would have noticed something based on the web address, right? Or maybe, perhaps, the fact that all of the prices were not in US currency? Seriously…I’m such a turd.

BUT, I’m still sharing this post with you all because I’m hoping they’ll still decide to ship to me after reading my post, gosh darn it, I took too long to write it up to just toss it in the trash. Besides, I thought you might get a good kick out of it. I also know that I have some UK friends out there, so if you’re one of them, do me a favor and buy something from my list so I can live vicariously through you.

Ughh. Like I said…such a turd.

1 Haley S October 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Hahaha! i definitely got a kick out of it! Sounds like something I would do!! Hehe! (:

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 30, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Well that’s definitely a bummer about the shipping!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I lied…

3 Trisha October 30, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Ha, I literally just clicked over to my Google Reader from Victoria’s Secret doing my own February Mexico trip shopping! Major bummer about the UK only shipping. Do you have a friend in the UK who could ship it to you? I do that for a friend in Canada sometimes. :)
Trisha recently posted..Tuesday Thought Tumble

4 Audrey Adams October 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm
5 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced October 30, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I definitely laughed at this- because I’ve done it myself before! Problem is that they actually delivered to the US so I went along with it anyways- took about a month to get to me and when it didn’t fit took about two months for me to get a refund for the dress that didn’t fit! :( I personally get all my suits from Victoria Secrets- they do have some cute tankinis and beach dresses!
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Hurricane Sandy Aftermath

6 Lauren October 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Okay that picture just made me tear up a bit. OHHH I MISS MEXICO SO MUCH! Especially after the past few days. :) Girl, I think you are going to look smokin in whatever! Seriously, you could ware a garbage bag and turn heads. :) <3 you!
Lauren recently posted..Roasted Maple Chicken Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Gnocchi “Croutons” with Balsamic Fig Dressing

7 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 30, 2012 at 9:20 pm

This made me laugh out loud. I would have done the exact same thing! lol what a bummer though! Victoria’s secret is usually my favorite online swimsuit shop :)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Muscle Gauge Nutrition Review + Pumpkin Pie Shake

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 30, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I almost bought a tankini this year too but couldn’t find one I liked – I probably would have felt a LOT more comfortable though!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..last chance survey

9 Hollywood Healthy October 30, 2012 at 9:51 pm
10 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family October 30, 2012 at 10:22 pm

aw bummer! I love that orange stripped dress!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..100% Whole Wheat Tortilla Recipe

11 Sana October 30, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Oyyyyyyy. Get new clothes! You will feel better if you have things that fit!
Sana recently posted..A Workout Break

12 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 30, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hahaha, too funny! They have a ton of cute tankinis and one pieces these days!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Live, Learn, Get New Shoes

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 30, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Definitely made me laugh! I’ve done that sort of thing, except when I go to purchase I realize it costs as extra $20 to ship it to Canada. And I am way too cheap for that. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Bad-Weather Seafood Lasagna.

14 Sarah B. October 30, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Yes, that’s a total buzzkill. I was gonna tell you I love the floral tankini! Fingers crossed that they’ll cave per your blog post request. =]
Sarah B. recently posted..Feeling the Burn: Minute Mayhem

15 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm

LOVE the beach dress…I think you definitely need to get it! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Pizza Toasters: Perfect for a Snack or a Light Meal

16 Emilie @ Hungry Delights October 31, 2012 at 12:32 am

I feel this way about every single US site – seriously! Even if they do ship worldwide the postage to Austalia ends up being like $60 which is often more than the items I want to buy… sadface.
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..WIAW – It is heating up!

17 Khushboo Thadani October 31, 2012 at 12:40 am

Haha welcome to my world…I usually face the dreaded “Only shipping to US & Canada”
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Starbucks comes to India…finally!

18 Annie October 31, 2012 at 4:20 am

Living in France, it happens to me a lot with US sites, they won’t ship to Europe. Take Gap for example, I don’t have a gap where I am and loved the items I bought when I was over in NY so thought I’d order from their site, only to find that because they have a european one the US one doesn’t ship overseas. That would be fine only the items are completely different on both sites!

19 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness October 31, 2012 at 8:17 am

Hahaha this post is perfect! I would totally have done the same thing! I can 100% relate! How were you supposed to know they don’t ship to the US!! Happy Halloween!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

20 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire October 31, 2012 at 10:43 am

What a bummer! I am loving that orange stripe dress! Time to make a PO box in the UK and then have someone ship it over to you, no?
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Happy Halloween!

21 michelle kim October 31, 2012 at 11:07 am

HAHAHA, that happens once in a while.
Anyways, from those tankinis, I think the first one would be good (no tan lines on top). Then again, it doesn’t look tight-fitting so I don’t know how it will hold up in the water/pool during activities.
michelle kim recently posted..Useless Biceps

22 Amy October 31, 2012 at 11:13 am

Happy Halloween!!! Girly, don’t get down on yourself about you summer clothes not fitting. I know exactly how you feel. Go out and get some comfy, stylin’ outfits that make YOU feel beautiful! You’ve come a long way with your HA: You deserve it! Plus EVERYONE needs a few new vacation outfits!!!! Big bummer on the shipping :( Good luck!!!

23 Meghan @ After the Ivy League October 31, 2012 at 11:29 am

Absolutely LOVE that orange striped dress. It seriously looks like the perfect vacation wear. So exciting that you’re heading to Mexico soon!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #9: On a Bad Day

24 Lauryn@Caffiene, Cuddles & Cardio October 31, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Hey Courtney, I have been reading your blog for a little while but have never commented. However when I saw this post I had to laugh. I am American and my husband is English so we have lived in both countries (although currently in the UK), I have my favourite online shopping sites in both countries but often get mixed up until I get to the delivery address part…whoops ;-) I might be able to help if you want, however in reading the comments it looks like you have had several good alternatives suggested. Have fun shopping!
Lauryn@Caffiene, Cuddles & Cardio recently posted..Happy Halloween!

25 Courtney October 31, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Thanks, Lauryn! I think I should be all set, but I really appreciate the offer – so if anything changes, I know who to contact. ;)

26 Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog October 31, 2012 at 1:54 pm

That is a bummer! Sounds like something I would do for sure!! Hope you find another site where you can find fun stuff for your vaca!! :D
Tiffany @SkinnyTiffanyBlog recently posted..Day 31 – Baked Parmesan Tomatoes & A Last Minute Run

27 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 31, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I’m in Ireland…if they ship to hear you can get them delivered to me and then I can ship them to you! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Halloween!!!

28 Courtney October 31, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Aww, that’s so nice of you to offer! Thanks Michelle :)
I’ll let you know if I decide to take you up on that!

29 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 31, 2012 at 6:04 pm

No problemo! I know what a pain in the ass it can be!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Halloween!!!

30 Shannon October 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm

That’s such a bummer! And no, you’re not a terd. Maybe those items are sold in stores here in the US- or is it ony sold on that website?

31 Bek @ Crave November 1, 2012 at 1:58 am

Hahah, that’s totally a moment I’d have- don’t sweat it. Ps. I approve your future shopping expedition for clothes- you’ve healthily gained the weight for the right reasons. Why not celebrate your new healthy body with some new clothes that will flatter it! :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Relax

32 Sarah Lynn November 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Oh come on Courtney!! You are way too thin and pretty to cover yourself with a tankini!!! I weigh 145 (I’m 5’8) and still rock a bikini in the summer!!! Please reconsider! Be proud of how you look!
Sarah Lynn recently posted..Sick and I Quit