New Vacation Clothes…Or Not

Funny story to go along with this post. Keep reading…you’ll see why.

I have to admit it. I’ve been getting pretty darn excited about our upcoming trip to Mexico in February.

I know it’s still a good 3-1/2 months away, but lately I’ve been finding myself looking back at photos from this year’s trip and totally psyching myself out for another fun week with friends.

Along with that, I’ve also been doing quite a bit of “window” shopping for the trip, too.

You see, I usually try really hard not to go out and buy a whole new set of outfits just for one trip. But unfortunately, I don’t have too many summer clothes left that fit me all that comfortably right now. So yes, it’s a bummer…but on the other hand, it’s the perfect excuse to start looking for some new vacation clothes…am I right?!? Winking smile

In addition to some new clothes, I’m also going to be in the market for a new bathing suit, and I recently discovered a new-to-me site on the internet, Swimwear365. Have you guys heard of it before? The site is filled with not only tons of super stylish swimwear, but lots of other cute clothes too. Basically, it was an “I’m going to Mexico soon and I need everything I SEEEE” sort of moment.

So as far as bathing suits go, I’m actually thinking that I want to try and go the Tankini route this year. I’ve been considering getting one for a while now, and I think I’d probably feel most comfortable in one of these right now. Here’s a few I came across that I’m considering…

Bandeau Tankini                  Black Striped Tankini                  Floral Tankini

tankini1tankini2tankini3

In my quest to find a bathing suit, I also discovered some of their wicked adorable dresses and tops. Here’s a little peak at a few I’m loving…

Beach Dress                                               Orange Striped Dress

dress1dress2

Black Sun Dress                                             Pink Retro Tunic

dress3top

Okay, so here’s where things get funny…sort of.

So I just spent a good hour shopping around on the site. And then I spent another good 45 minutes putting together this post to share with you. Then, I just went to put a few items in my shopping cart to checkout, only to realize this…

shipping

How’s that for a kick in the pants? You’d think I would have noticed something based on the web address, right? Or maybe, perhaps, the fact that all of the prices were not in US currency? Seriously…I’m such a turd.

BUT, I’m still sharing this post with you all because I’m hoping they’ll still decide to ship to me after reading my post, gosh darn it, I took too long to write it up to just toss it in the trash. Besides, I thought you might get a good kick out of it. I also know that I have some UK friends out there, so if you’re one of them, do me a favor and buy something from my list so I can live vicariously through you.

Ughh. Like I said…such a turd.

Comments

Ha, I literally just clicked over to my Google Reader from Victoria’s Secret doing my own February Mexico trip shopping! Major bummer about the UK only shipping. Do you have a friend in the UK who could ship it to you? I do that for a friend in Canada sometimes. :)
    Trisha recently posted..Tuesday Thought Tumble

I definitely laughed at this- because I’ve done it myself before! Problem is that they actually delivered to the US so I went along with it anyways- took about a month to get to me and when it didn’t fit took about two months for me to get a refund for the dress that didn’t fit! :( I personally get all my suits from Victoria Secrets- they do have some cute tankinis and beach dresses!
    Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Hurricane Sandy Aftermath

3. Annie says

Living in France, it happens to me a lot with US sites, they won’t ship to Europe. Take Gap for example, I don’t have a gap where I am and loved the items I bought when I was over in NY so thought I’d order from their site, only to find that because they have a european one the US one doesn’t ship overseas. That would be fine only the items are completely different on both sites!

HAHAHA, that happens once in a while.
    Anyways, from those tankinis, I think the first one would be good (no tan lines on top). Then again, it doesn’t look tight-fitting so I don’t know how it will hold up in the water/pool during activities.
    michelle kim recently posted..Useless Biceps

5. Amy says

Happy Halloween!!! Girly, don’t get down on yourself about you summer clothes not fitting. I know exactly how you feel. Go out and get some comfy, stylin’ outfits that make YOU feel beautiful! You’ve come a long way with your HA: You deserve it! Plus EVERYONE needs a few new vacation outfits!!!! Big bummer on the shipping :( Good luck!!!

Hey Courtney, I have been reading your blog for a little while but have never commented. However when I saw this post I had to laugh. I am American and my husband is English so we have lived in both countries (although currently in the UK), I have my favourite online shopping sites in both countries but often get mixed up until I get to the delivery address part…whoops ;-) I might be able to help if you want, however in reading the comments it looks like you have had several good alternatives suggested. Have fun shopping!
    Lauryn@Caffiene, Cuddles & Cardio recently posted..Happy Halloween!

• Courtney says

Thanks, Lauryn! I think I should be all set, but I really appreciate the offer – so if anything changes, I know who to contact. ;)

7. Shannon says

That’s such a bummer! And no, you’re not a terd. Maybe those items are sold in stores here in the US- or is it ony sold on that website?

Hahah, that’s totally a moment I’d have- don’t sweat it. Ps. I approve your future shopping expedition for clothes- you’ve healthily gained the weight for the right reasons. Why not celebrate your new healthy body with some new clothes that will flatter it! :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Relax

Oh come on Courtney!! You are way too thin and pretty to cover yourself with a tankini!!! I weigh 145 (I’m 5’8) and still rock a bikini in the summer!!! Please reconsider! Be proud of how you look!
    Sarah Lynn recently posted..Sick and I Quit