Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I just love, love, love quick breads. Like, a lot.

I swear, if I could have a loaf in my house at all times, I’d be a super happy camper.

Yesterday, I made another attempt at a new banana bread recipe. I actually almost made my pumpkin banana bread, but I know Jay isn’t really a fan of the pumpkin. So I switched gears a bit.

When I took the finished product out of the oven and noticed that beautiful crack down the center, I had a feeling it was going to be a winner.

I was curious to see how badly it would sink, but much to my surprise, it actually didn’t sink all that much. Another sign of a winner!

To jazz things up a bit with this loaf, I decided to throw some dark chocolate chips into the mix…because, you know, everything is always better with chocolate.

Despite the fact that this bread is lower in fat that many traditional banana breads, it is definitely not lacking in flavor. So if you’ve got some ripe bananas lying around and need to switch things up from the craze that is pumpkin right now, feel free to give this recipe a shot!

dark chocolate chip banana bread

As of 12pm today, I’m at about 2-1/2 slices…the day is still young, my friends. Winking smile

This looks sooo yummy !

When you find a good recipe for a bread, you’ve hit the jackpot. I can’t wait to try this, and I might even add extra banana so it becomes even more soft and tender… MMM !

• Courtney says

Yes! I totally would have added another if I had it – I only had 2 medium on hand, but I’ll bet another would have been even better

Oh man, this looks like one delicious loaf!! I have been obsessed with pumpkin bread. But, I think banana and pumpkin sounds like clear winner!

3. Beth says

Hey Courtney, this looks like a great recipe, I am excited to try it.

I was wondering if it was baking powder or soda? In the recipe ingredients it says powder and in the directions on mixing it says soda. I always mix the two up, and my husband thinks I am crazy when I do.

Cannot wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

• Courtney says

Whoops! Sorry about that – it’s supposed to be baking SODA. I just changed it – thank you so much for letting me know!

4. Brianne says

This looks so good!!! I made Mal’s chili for dinner tonight for the family… had my husband’s family over and gave it rave reviews!! I think i may add more meat next time but its sooo much better than the chili packet stuff you buy at the store. thanks so much for so many great recipes!! Im bake the crackled sugar cookies regularly and everyone loves them too!!

5. Jane says

I LOVE banana bread w/ choc. chips in it! I’ve been having it for years – yours definitely sounds a bit healthier though!!! :) Love your site and your great recipes. Am gonna try your latest pumpkin choc. chip carmelita bars next. I am CRAZY abt. carmelita bars and yours sound better than the traditional recipe. Can’t wait to sink my teeth into them! Thanks for your fun and delicious blog!!!!

1. […] piece of banana bread. Have I mentioned this yet? I can’t remember…anywho, I made this recipe (minus the chocolate chips) on Sunday and have been enjoying a slice every morning so far this […]

2. […] had a few brown bananas hangin’ out in our pantry, so I put them to good use and made some chocolate chip banana bread when we got home. I have a feeling this loaf won’t last past […]