Creamy Vanilla Butterscotch Pudding Dessert

by Courtney on November 5, 2012

Not too much to share on the meal front so far today…I guess it’s a good thing I have something else yummy to share.

Mid-morning, after completing a great workout (these walking intervals + some upper body weight supersets), I snacked on half of a banana with some peanut butter.

Always delicious…not always so exciting to look at.

As I type this, I’m currently snacking on this lunch before I head out for the afternoon.

Again, it’s nothing exciting…some leftover veggies with hummus and a can of chicken mixed with a few spoonfuls of leftover guacamole from yesterday. I had accidentally opened an extra can of chicken yesterday for the buffalo bites I made, so I figured I’d make use of it today.

The guac had great flavor, so it’s actually making my little chicken salad quite tasty!

*****

So over the weekend, I shared a little dessert that I put together to bring to the Turkey Bowl. My first attempt at the recipe totally failed, and actually resulted in Jay and I having to stop at the grocery store at 11:45pm on the way home from our Friday date night.

Luckily, the second time did the trick.

Many of you commented that it looked sort of like a candy corn dessert, which it totally does…but it totally is not candy corn.

I love this recipe because it requires no baking, comes together fairly easily, and well, it tastes pretty darn delicious. It starts with a crunchy graham cracker crumb bottom, topped with a light and sweet cream cheese layer, followed by creamy vanilla and butterscotch pudding layers, and finally, a layer of light whipped topping.

I had no idea whether or not it would be good, which made me nervous because I like to at least test a new recipe before forcing it upon others. But I figured it probably wouldn’t have really looked too good walking into a party with a dessert missing a random piece from the corner. Winking smile

Recipe adapted from Eat More of What You Love

I can definitely foresee making this again in the future and possibly playing around with some of the pudding flavors…Pumpkin/White Chocolate? Chocolate/Cheesecake? Lemon/Vanilla?

Ooooo, the possibilities!

1 Raney @ Raney Days November 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Oh my gosh, this looks dangerously delicious!

2 Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) November 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Oh yum! I am a huge fan of butterscotch. I hate that I can’t find any all-natural butterscotch chips, and I hate that once I open the bag I can’t quit eating them. Other than that, they’re great! haha Of course, I love the pudding too. :)
Tiff (@LoveSweatBeers) recently posted..I’m Cooked

3 Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love the PB and banana snack! Thats one of my favorites. :) Mhmm, wow! That pudding dessert looks amazing!
Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..My First Zumba Class

4 Jai November 5, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Yum, to all of it!
Jai recently posted..Sweet Revenge

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human November 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm

This looks really good! I think a Pumpkin/White Chocolate combo sounds genius!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..More Than The Miles

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction November 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

mmm that looks so good! I love any type of layered dessert like that!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Dinner Party Extravaganza & A Strange Oatmeal Combo

7 Sue November 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I just made basically the same dessert but with pumpkin spice pudding. My BILs loved it. They don’t normally eat sweets (I know, who are they!!!) so having them rave about it made my day!!!!

Sue

8 Alyssa @ Life a la Wife November 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm

You can’t tease us with a dessert on Monday morning – this is when we’re supposed to be the healthiest!!
Alyssa @ Life a la Wife recently posted..Sunday Stuff – 11/4

9 Em November 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I just commented on your previous post that I was eagerly waiting for the recipe…oops! Looks delicious and can’t wait to try it!

10 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family November 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I love pudding-y cool whip desserts like that! Banana pudding is amazing! Although I am not a fan of the sugar free puddings, I guess maybe the cook and serve would work if I cooled it first.
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Scones

11 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 5, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I was completely wrong with the banoffi pie then! Love butterscotch so I’d say it was awesome!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Tofu to Swoon Over

12 Courtney November 5, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hahaha, I was wondering what that was each time you posted it?! What is banoffi pie??

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate November 6, 2012 at 3:09 am

Oh my god you don’t have it there? Layered biscuit, like a cheesecake base, caramel, banana and then whipped cream…sometimes dusted with chocolate if you fancy it!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Tofu to Swoon Over

14 Lisa November 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Drooling on my keyboard…that looks so delicious! I love all the different layers to it! Pudding is probably one of my favorite desserts, besides cheesecake.
Lisa recently posted..Fitness and Forgiving

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape November 5, 2012 at 3:17 pm

That dessert is making me drool in the library. Looks so tasty!!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Steak Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Vinaigrette

16 Tina @ Best Body Fitness November 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm

That looks too good! The pumpkin/white chocolate and the lemon/vanilla combos sound awesome!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Wild Weekend

17 michelle kim November 5, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Oooh the pumpkin/white chocolate or lemon/vanilla combos sound awesome! I love that it’s a no-bake recipe!
michelle kim recently posted..Celebration Time! And Swollen Arms…

18 Ashlee November 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Ohhh chocolate cheesecake would be amazing!
Ashlee recently posted..Dresses + BJs

19 Sarah November 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm

This looks so good! All of your desserts do, though, so I don’t know why you’d worry about sharing them with people before trying them ;)
the pumpkin and chocolate sound good! Although I like the flavors you used for this one too!
Sarah recently posted..And back to your regularly scheduled programming…

20 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 5, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I hate when I make a new recipe to take somewhere and am not able to try it first…always scares me! Glad your new recipe turned out great!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: October 31, 2012 + Happy World Vegan Day!

21 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking November 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm

What a wonderful looking pudding! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. It would be a delicious fall dessert!

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 5, 2012 at 6:02 pm

A chocolate and cheesecake version would be to die for! Definitely vote that you make that. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..6 Down, 6 To Go.

23 Annette@FitnessPerks November 5, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I love butterscotch. SO delicious. This looks great to take to a party or get-together!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Massage Benefits + Weekend Recap

24 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat November 5, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I nominated you for the inspiring blogger award!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Fam Bam!!

25 Lauren November 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Oh thank you for posting this! Just thank you. :)
Lauren recently posted..Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili

26 Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine November 5, 2012 at 10:30 pm

That sounds delicious!!! I made something similar not too long ago but will def give your recipe a try! :)
Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine recently posted..Rant Post: Spending the day inside a refrigirator

27 Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy November 5, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Oh my gosh, this looks so good. I am excited for the future combinations you are thinking of :) Chocolate cheesecake would be my vote!
Chelsea@Ahintofhealthy recently posted..Weekend Highlights

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 6, 2012 at 6:58 am

Yum! This looks awesome. Love that it’s a lighter version, too!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..18 weeks: OK, now I look pregnant.

29 Emilie @ Hungry Delights November 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Wow that definitely looks delicious and the ingredients don’t look too naughty. Sadly though in Australia a lot of those items aren’t available to us :(
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Last Chance Survey

30 jamie November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Hey girl
Aren’t you concerned with artificial sweetners in sugar free products like the pudding?? I’m 26, found out i had cancer and fake sweetners are awful. They cause cancer. Do some research and save yourself from getting something that could be prevented. Artificial sweetners kill.

31 Bek @ Crave November 7, 2012 at 5:49 am

Looks yummy! Hmm chicken in a can- that’s a new thing around Australia but I don’t know it seems to gross me out for some reason. How do you find it? I can do tuna and stuff but chicken…hmm.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The ‘Ideal’ Group Fitness Participant

32 Courtney November 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

I don’t mind it in a pinch. :)

33 Julie November 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Thanks for yet another delicious dessert idea, Courtney! Looks amazing, and I just so happen to have friends coming over tonight…hmm…coincidence?
Julie recently posted..A Night of Nothing

34 PyncFank October 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Сколько уже можно безрезультатно просиживать в интернете? Добро пожаловать к нам, т.к. тут можно найти
Видео приколы. Я очень доволен этим сайтом.

35 Amanda November 19, 2013 at 3:44 pm

i’m making this for Thanksgiving but i’ll be using vegan stuff bc my son is highly allergic to dairy, eggs :) looks great thanks