Lots Happening on Saturday

by Courtney on December 1, 2012

It is currently 4:30pm as I sit down to type this and I still have yet to get myself into the shower today. A sign of laziness?

Nope…not today! In fact, we’ve been pretty busy around these parts.

The main project happening in the Horan household on this lovely December 1st is replacing all of the doors in our hallway. We’ve currently got 3 completed, a fourth on its way, and the fifth one will probably happen tomorrow. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again…thank goodness I have a handy hubby.

Since there wasn’t a whole lot that I could do with the doors, I took care of a few other things around the house, including laundry AND…wrapping my first Christmas presents.

I still can’t believe it. December 1st and I actually have presents in my possession AND wrapped. It’s crazy.

When it comes to meals on the weekends, I usually end up grazing all the way from breakfast to dinner, but today involved an actual sit-down meal.

I finally finished up the last of my turkey and veggie soup (with a few mini saltines thrown in there) and had a toasted whole wheat English muffin on the side with some Smart Balance butter and canola spread.

Shortly before sitting down for lunch, I actually completed my first day of reps for the 2012 Closeout Workout Challenge:

2 sets of the following:

• 15 squats
  • 15 pushups
  • 20 lunges (10/leg)
  • 15 chair dips
  • 15 plié squats

160 reps total for today…1852 reps to go. Winking smile

Once the main hallway doors were done today, we got to work on painting…

And, surprisingly enough, we’re almost done with that too! We are movin’ right along today.

As far as the Codester foes today, he’s spent most of the day either wandering around in the hallway, wondering what the heck is going on…or he’s been parked under the tree.

He does love his special spot under that tree. Smile

Now I’m thinking I better finally take that shower soon so I’ll be ready to go to our Christmas party we have tonight. I can’t lie…I’m already thinking about the cake that’s going to be there tonight. I look forward to it eeeeeevery year.

Happy weekend, friends. Have a great night! Smile

1 Candice December 1, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Cody is so cute! My friends cat actually climbed UP in her tree and hung out for awhile and nobody could find her! haha!
Way to go on the home stuff! We just got done painting our cupboards and replacing our floor with hardwood. Took forever and now I’m taking a break before tackling some repainting.. I’m so not a fan of the process of remodeling! haha!
have a good weekend!
xxoxo
Candice recently posted..Footloose Diva

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I love productive days! Good for you guys! We made a good dent in our Christmas shopping this morning and now we’re getting ready to finish up our Christmas decorations. It feels so good to finally be getting it all done since last weekend was so busy. I love little Codster under the tree! Too cute!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..2012 Christmas Wish List

3 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Look at you guys! I don’t think I could ever assist, help, or put on doors in my life. I’ve been checking things off of my to-do list all day, and only have a couple more things to get to. Enjoy the party tonight, and make sure to get some pretty pictures of that cake!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Winner, Winner!

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 1, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Gorgeous festive pics!!! We’re not putting our tree up for at least another week :( We did have Xmas songs on today in work though!!! I am yet to start Christmas shopping, HAVE to start tomorrow!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Out of this world

5 Lydia December 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Can’t wait to see the finished product!!

Cody sure is adorable under that tree!!
Lydia recently posted..Awesome December Challenge!

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Presents already wrapped and under the tree? Impressive! I don’t usually start shopping until the second week of December, so there won’t be any presents under my tree for some time yet. I managed to get all my decorations up today though, and ate a good amount of chocolate while I was at it, so I’d call it a good day :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... monthly favorites – november 2012 .

7 Kim@hungryhealthygirl December 1, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I sure wish I could say that I’d been that productive today… Have a SUPER fun night!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Winter Bucket List

8 Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian December 1, 2012 at 6:19 pm

My cat loves to go under the tree too, but he isn’t as innocent about it!
Stefanie @ Thin Vegetarian recently posted..Black Rice Tofu Custard

9 Sarah December 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm

You guys were busy bees today! I wish I was half as productive as you :)
Sarah recently posted..How well do you know me?

10 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Wow, you did have a lot going on today! And I thought my day was busy!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Kick It Up

11 Laura December 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Yaaaay! My husband & I had a Home Depot date last night and in the past two days he’s painted the living room and hallway & we laid new flooring in our living room & hall. It feels awesome to see all these projects getting done before the holidays, doesn’t it!?

12 michelle kim December 1, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Awww Cody’s soooo cute! :D
michelle kim recently posted..Best Carbo-Loading Food

13 Danielle December 1, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I just did some Christmas shopping yesterday and a little today.. can’t believe I am almost done with my shopping and December just began because I am usually far behind on it!
Danielle recently posted..25 Reps of Christmas

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm

We had a verrry similar day – including the late (or in my case, “didn’t happen”) shower part. Some times, when you’re running errands to Home Depot and working around the house, a shower just isn’t necessary ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Fitness Friday: A Laid Back Approach

15 Courtney December 3, 2012 at 10:46 am

Hahaha…no shower happened for me yesterday. We’re dirty twins ;)

16 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom December 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Cody looks so cute and cozy under the Christmas tree!!

Isn’t it amazing how a little paint and doors/trim, ect can update the look of a house so easily?!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Chocolate Covered Surprise and Gym Issues

17 Natalie @ Free Range Human December 1, 2012 at 9:18 pm

That picture of Cody is precious!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Popcorn Heaven

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Don’t you just love productive days?? There is nothing quite better than feeling like you have gotten a lot accomplished in a day. Now go relax and enjoy your evening! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Satisfying My Soup Obsession: Roasted Winter Vegetable & Bean Soup

19 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 1, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Presents bought and wrapped? Super impressive! I got my decorations up and I went to the mall to brainstorm Christmas presents (and I bought one for my brother) so I’m considering myself ahead of the game from where I normally am this time of year.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing November + Christmas Challenge.

20 Megan@funsizedfitness December 1, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Our cats love hanging out under the Christmas tree too….so cute!

21 Lauren December 1, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Can we count reps from body pump as part of the challenge? I do it about once a week and was just going to count the lunge and squat reps…ps that picture of Cody under the tree is so cute!

22 Courtney December 2, 2012 at 11:29 am

Yeah, I think that would be okay as long as they’re the same exercises that you’ve decided to keep track of counting :)

23 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

Wow, wrapped presents already! I need to do that today! I have to laugh, you have same doors as we do! Enjoy your Sunday!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

24 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete December 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

My cat parks herself right under the tree, too! Sometimes it’s to sleep, sometimes it’s to drink water out of the tree holder haha She has a water bowl, but there must be something about the pine-y water of the Christmas tree she just loves :P
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete recently posted..A Holiday Survey

25 Joanna @ Running Places December 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Can’t believe how Christmas-y your house is right now! We were supposed to get our tree yesterday but didn’t… We are really lacking spirit around here.
Joanna @ Running Places recently posted..My December Goals

26 Brittany Peters December 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Looks like you had a super busy day! I bought some Christmas presents yesturday… which was surprising because I usually wait until the last minute!
Brittany Peters recently posted..A Warm Saturday

27 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm

My cat loves to park himself right under the tree too! Definitely his favorite spot. Looks like a great, productive Saturday! Yay for checking things off the list.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thankful Thursday: I’m Thankful for Cookies

28 Bek @ Crave December 3, 2012 at 1:29 am

Have fun at the Xmas party! Yes, I think a shower is a good idea ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Snack Attack