We are officially to the halfway point, folks!
And I don’t know about you, but I’d say I’m officially done with being able to hide that bump.
Baby Tooth is just over 20 weeks today and is about the length of a banana.
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now <—actually, we found out he/she is about 15 ounces right now!!
- He/she is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby’s legs are curled up against the torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of the head to the bottom — the “crown to rump” measurement. After 20 weeks, it’s measured from head to toe.)
- He/she is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
- Baby Tooth is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in the bowels, and will make an appearance in the first soiled diaper.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Not sure, but the doctor said I’m right on target, so that’s all that matters!
Workouts: Ehh, workouts were a bit sporadic this week. I think I may have gotten three of them in, but it was nothing too crazy. I think the transition of getting back from vacation, combined with a busy schedule and a sleepy body made things a bit tough.
Symptoms: This week included a few:
- Round ligament pains and low back pain. There’s been a few times where the pain feels like it’s stretching all the way down to my hips and legs. I swear, on Saturday I felt like I had just ran a marathon. Wooo-weee!
- Super hungry, but getting full super quick. I feel like I fill up and get uncomfortably full way quicker than I’m used to. This has proven to be a bit of a challenge, since I’d been eating proportions that I was used to. I’m now trying to eat a bit slower and listen to when the belly is saying STOP!
- Still crazy amounts of trips to the bathroom. There’s been days where there’s at least 10-12 trips. I’m not even kidding. And sometimes, I swear Baby Tooth winds up kicking me in the bladder…he/she likes to make his/her presence known.
Movement: Everyday! There’s been a few times where I’ve felt it from the outside so I quickly try to get Jay over to feel it, but of course it stops then. Hopefully this week will be the week he’s able to feel the little one.
Food Aversions: Coffee has been hit or miss with me again – I can usually manage my morning cup, but after that, I really don’t even want to be around the smell of it. So strange. Other than that, everything seems to be peachy keen in the food department.
Food Cravings: Honestly, nothing crazy this week. Well, besides Five Guys, of course. That was a craving that just could not be ignored any longer.
Sleep: Pretty good, although I have really been missing sleeping on my stomach and back lately.
Stretch marks? Not yet…gonna keep oiling up morning and night!
Miss Anything? I have missed the sleeping thing, like I mentioned above. Other than that, I’d say real clothes. I keep seeing such cute clothes coming out for spring at some of my favorite stores!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’ve loved hearing everyone’s guesses on Baby Tooth. It’s been so fun to see/hear people predictions and why they say one thing or another. Our 20 week appointment was pretty darn awesome, too. I loved being able to see Baby Tooth move around in there like a dancing machine and hearing it’s heartbeat. It was also amazing to hear that all of our genetic testing came back negative, and all of Baby Tooth’s measurements are right on target. Everything about the appointment just totally put my mind at ease, which was so nice.
Baby Items Purchased: None yet. BUT, now that we know what Baby Tooth is, you can bet there will most definitely be purchases made this week!!
Looking Forward To: Shopping, getting things put together for the nursery, ordering our furniture, putting together our registry…and sharing the news on Baby Tooth’s gender soon!