Baby Tooth: 20 Weeks

by Courtney on March 5, 2013

We are officially to the halfway point, folks!

20 weeks

And I don’t know about you, but I’d say I’m officially done with being able to hide that bump. Winking smile

Baby Tooth is just over 20 weeks today and is about the length of a banana.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now <—actually, we found out he/she is about 15 ounces right now!!
  • He/she is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby’s legs are curled up against the torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of the head to the bottom — the “crown to rump” measurement. After 20 weeks, it’s measured from head to toe.)
  • He/she is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
  • Baby Tooth is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in the bowels, and will make an appearance in the first soiled diaper.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: Not sure, but the doctor said I’m right on target, so that’s all that matters!

Workouts: Ehh, workouts were a bit sporadic this week. I think I may have gotten three of them in, but it was nothing too crazy. I think the transition of getting back from vacation, combined with a busy schedule and a sleepy body made things a bit tough.

Symptoms: This week included a few:

• Round ligament pains and low back pain. There’s been a few times where the pain feels like it’s stretching all the way down to my hips and legs. I swear, on Saturday I felt like I had just ran a marathon. Wooo-weee!
  • Super hungry, but getting full super quick. I feel like I fill up and get uncomfortably full way quicker than I’m used to. This has proven to be a bit of a challenge, since I’d been eating proportions that I was used to. I’m now trying to eat a bit slower and listen to when the belly is saying STOP!
  • Still crazy amounts of trips to the bathroom. There’s been days where there’s at least 10-12 trips. I’m not even kidding. And sometimes, I swear Baby Tooth winds up kicking me in the bladder…he/she likes to make his/her presence known.

Movement: Everyday! There’s been a few times where I’ve felt it from the outside so I quickly try to get Jay over to feel it, but of course it stops then. Hopefully this week will be the week he’s able to feel the little one.

Food Aversions: Coffee has been hit or miss with me again – I can usually manage my morning cup, but after that, I really don’t even want to be around the smell of it. So strange. Other than that, everything seems to be peachy keen in the food department.

Food Cravings: Honestly, nothing crazy this week. Well, besides Five Guys, of course. That was a craving that just could not be ignored any longer. Winking smile

Sleep: Pretty good, although I have really been missing sleeping on my stomach and back lately.

Stretch marks? Not yet…gonna keep oiling up morning and night!

Miss Anything? I have missed the sleeping thing, like I mentioned above. Other than that, I’d say real clothes. I keep seeing such cute clothes coming out for spring at some of my favorite stores!

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’ve loved hearing everyone’s guesses on Baby Tooth. It’s been so fun to see/hear people predictions and why they say one thing or another. Our 20 week appointment was pretty darn awesome, too. I loved being able to see Baby Tooth move around in there like a dancing machine and hearing it’s heartbeat. It was also amazing to hear that all of our genetic testing came back negative, and all of Baby Tooth’s measurements are right on target. Everything about the appointment just totally put my mind at ease, which was so nice.

Baby Items Purchased: None yet. BUT, now that we know what Baby Tooth is, you can bet there will most definitely be purchases made this week!!

Looking Forward To: Shopping, getting things put together for the nursery, ordering our furniture, putting together our registry…and sharing the news on Baby Tooth’s gender soon! Smile

1 Nelly March 5, 2013 at 7:13 am

YAY halfway!!!

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 5, 2013 at 7:14 am

Baby is getting biiiiig!!! And just so I can gloat, I knooooow something everyone else doesn’t know! ;)

3 Britt March 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

No fair! LOL

4 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections March 5, 2013 at 7:21 am

I feel like for all the pregnant bloggers I follow – their pregnancies seem to fly by so fast. I can’t believe you’re already half way there! Maybe it doesn’t seem fast to you, but I feel like it was just yesterday that I found out you were pregnant. Crazy!

You look awesome and I can just feel the happiness about your baby in your writing. So exciting!

5 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers March 5, 2013 at 7:37 am

i feel the same way!!!

6 Clara March 5, 2013 at 7:33 am

I’m glad Baby Tooth is doing well and all the test results were good!!! :)

7 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers March 5, 2013 at 7:37 am

half way!!! PARTY!!! i am so thrilled for you and jay. you will have the cutest baby in all the land. and you look absolutely stunning. such a beautiful mama-to-be!

8 Shel@PeachyPalate March 5, 2013 at 7:41 am

Eek! Can’t wait to hear the news!!!

9 Nicole March 5, 2013 at 7:43 am

You look so cute! When we found out what we were having, we had the ultrasound tech write it in an envelope and we opened it on Christmas morning. It was magical! Can’t wait for the reveal!

10 Traci March 5, 2013 at 8:28 am

that’s so cute! :)

11 Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 5, 2013 at 7:54 am

Can’t wait for the gender reveal! Your bump is adorable. You’re going to have so much fun shopping now that you know the gender, I’m so excited for you!

P.S. I have also kind of been obsessed with burgers the last week or so. I rarely ever order them when we’re ou,t but I’ve eaten them three different times in the last week alone.

12 Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection March 5, 2013 at 8:29 am

You look stunning! I’m so glad to hear the appointment went well and you look and seem to be doing wonderfully. Can’t wait to find out the gender :)

13 Ashley @ Life and Fitness March 5, 2013 at 8:42 am

Can’t wait to find out the gender soon!

14 Thais @ Eats n Miles March 5, 2013 at 8:45 am

Congrats on the halfway point!! You look amazing!! I can´t wait to hear if Baby Tooth is a He or She!

15 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

I can’t help but wonder If you may have slipped up and revealed the gender in one of your sentences ;-) can’t wait to hear the news!

16 Courtney March 5, 2013 at 9:06 am

Hahaha…I see which sentence you’re talking about! I copy/paste that entire section from the emails I receive, which always specifically write HE or SHE so I need to try and catch each one. Apparently, I missed one. ;)
But I’m gonna leave it there! Could be wrong…could be right!?!

17 Erin March 5, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I noticed that too! :) I thought I was on to something!

18 Brittanie @ Three Bracelets March 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I saw the same thing and definitely thought, IT’S A BOY!!!, but I/we could be wrong! Either way, I’m so excited for you!!!

19 Courtney March 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Bahahaha ;)

20 Carly March 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I caught that one too… I am just so excited for you! Your updates are so great, and uplifting! It’s just so obvious you’re going to be a great mom!

21 nycfitgirl March 5, 2013 at 8:53 am

Such exciting and fun things going on! I can’t wait to hear the news!

22 Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete March 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

What a beautiful mama-to-be :) So excited for you & can’t believe it’s already the half-way mark! I can’t believe how quickly pregnancies seem to fly (at least in the blogging world haha)

23 alyssa @ life a la wife March 5, 2013 at 9:15 am

You’re starting to wear the belly well! Can’t wait to hear if Cody was right with his prediction :)

24 Ashlee@HisnHers March 5, 2013 at 9:45 am

You look adorable!!

25 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

Okay, how in the world did I miss the fact that you are pregnant?! I must have been out of the blog-loop lately! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!

26 Britt March 5, 2013 at 10:39 am

Where have you been?! LOL

27 Kim @ She Wines Sometimes March 5, 2013 at 9:58 am

Oh my goodness. You officially have the cutest baby bump I’ve ever seen. I’m so excited to find out the gender of your little one. And I agree with the above comments – seems like your pregnancy is flying by! Congrats! :)

28 Grace March 5, 2013 at 10:13 am

Congrats on the growing baby bump! I recently found out that we are expecting this fall and am looking for some recommendations on belly cream/oil. You mentioned you don’t have stretch marks yet, that’s my goal too! What are you using?? Share your secrets :)

29 Britt March 5, 2013 at 10:38 am

Awesome!! I love these updates :) can’t wait to find out if baby tooth is a boy or girl!
You are so cute!!

30 Emily March 5, 2013 at 11:16 am

Wow, halfway! It seems to be going by so fast…can’t wait to hear if it’s a boy or a girl!

31 Brooke @ Running In Heels March 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

You look gorgeous! Pregnancy definitely suits you well :)

32 Lily March 5, 2013 at 11:36 am

You look GORGEOUS!

33 Melissa March 5, 2013 at 12:07 pm

It feels like just last week you were announcing your pregnancy! You look great, I can’t wait to find out what the verdict is :)

34 KatyBug March 5, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I hope for your sake it really is halfway :) I gave birth at 41 weeks and that last week was rough!

35 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen March 5, 2013 at 12:37 pm

You look so cute!! You are so right…no hiding the baby bump now, but no need because you look so happy :) I can’t wait to find out if it is a he or a she!!

36 Erin @ Axell's Kitchen March 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm

You look beautiful, cant wait to find out what that baby is!!

37 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 5, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Can’t wait to find out! You look great!

38 Marielle March 5, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Love following your baby updates! You look great!

39 Mariana March 5, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Wow! You look adorable ! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing :)

40 Heather @fitncookies March 5, 2013 at 7:55 pm

No hiding that baby bump anymore! You look super cute, though! I can’t wait to hear Jay’s reaction when he finally feels him/her!

41 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well March 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm

You are GLOWING. Wearing pregnancy quite well! I love that I started reading STSL right when you found out about Baby Tooth, so I’ve gotten to follow your experience. I can’t wait til the baby comes!

42 Bek @ Crave March 6, 2013 at 1:25 am

Eeek how exciting! I wonder…hmmm I suck at guessing! Haha.

43 Jolynn March 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I’m gonna go with a BOY! We all know you want a Jets player! ;)
Jolynn recently posted..Discount for Reebok Products

44 Michelle March 6, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Looking great as usual ! can’t wait for the gender reveal…and to see your delic cupcakes you made for your fam to reveal it!!!
Michelle recently posted..Etsy shop in the spotlight: Livy Love Designs

45 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails March 6, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Look at that bump! We find out the gender next week and I can’t wait! I’m excited for when you reveal the gender on the blog, we’re contemplating doing cupcakes too but we haven’t decided yet. You look so happy!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Smoothie Spill