Only 16 weeks left to go!
Baby Tooth is just over 24 weeks today and is about the length of an ear of corn or the size of a cantaloupe, depending on where you read (two totally different items of produce, so I’m having trouble getting an image).
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound.
- His body is filling out proportionally and he’ll soon start to plump up.
- His brain is growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop.
- His lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world.
- His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: Yesterday was our 24 week appointment, and the doctor told me that I’ve gained 15 pounds so far, which she described as “perfect.” Kinda liked hearing that! Some days, with the amount of food that I take in, it’s crazy to think how it’s not more like 25…I guess the body really does know what it’s doing!
Workouts: The past week was fairly decent…I got in a couple cardio sessions, two yoga sessions (including the one I won’t attempt again anytime soon), a Pilates session, and a go at my 10lb. Slimdown full body workout. As I’m typing this it’s Monday evening…I did the workout Friday morning and I’m still feeling it in my legs. Yowsahs.
Symptoms: Fairly low-key this week:
- Some tightening in the belly on and off, which the doctor said could very well be Braxton Hicks contractions. She said not to worry about them, but to make sure I’m staying hydrated, as that can also be one of the causes of getting them.
- Hunger that comes and goes…one day I’m ravenous, the next day I’m pretty normal.
- Lots of trips to the bathroom, yet never really feeling like I can fully empty my bladder.
Movement: YES! My little guy is a dancing machine…AND, Jay finally got to feel him! Friday night, we were laying in bed reading and I told him he should try to see if he could feel something. Sure enough, he kept up with his kicks! At first, he wasn’t totally sure if he was feeling it, but then Baby Tooth gave him a good one and he knew for sure. It was so, so cool.
Food Aversions: Not too many – hot coffee is still so-so, but iced coffee sounds fantastic. Shrimp still gives me the willies. Other than that, I’m pretty good.
Food Cravings: Mexican, cheeseburgers, yogurt, peanut butter, diet ginger ale, cheese, and chocolate. Maybe one of these days I’ll crave something green and/or healthier.
Sleep: Pretty good! I still wake up at least twice a week, usually to hit up the bathroom, but I’ve been having fairly good luck at getting comfy and falling asleep quickly.
Stretch marks? Nada!
Miss Anything? Pre-pregnancy workouts, wearing regular pants/clothes, and beer. Sorry, it’s true. I do…especially now that warmer weather is on the way!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Painting the nursery was fun. It’s starting to look so good, and although we’re holding off on showing it until it’s finished, you can get somewhat of a sneak peek in this week’s photos…
Other fun things from the week? Jay being able to feel Baby Tooth move, and both of us being able to SEE him move at this week’s appointment! As I was lying on the table and we were listening to the sweet sounds of his heartbeat, we could actually see him moving quite a bit. The doctor said she wondered if he had the hiccups(!).
Belly Button in or out? Still in…no signs of that changing anytime soon, as somewhat evidenced in this photo here…
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy 95% of the time…the other 5% consists of random moodiness and being a total worrywart. My latest worry? Daycare. There is SO much to think about, and so much to look into. I’m at a point right now where I just have no idea how I’m ever going to find someone I’m comfortable enough with and can trust…is this normal? Am I already being overprotective and crazy? I’ve been trying to do a bunch of asking around, but I’m still feeling like I’m at square one. Ohhh, if only my mom would retire early.
New Baby Items: Our new glider and ottoman is here!
Other than that, I can’t think of anything else?
Looking Forward To: Continuing with the nursery, getting the rest of our furniture in, finalizing our registries, and just continuing to experience the growing belly!