Baby Tooth: 29 Weeks

Let’s see what the little man is up to this week!

29 weeks

Baby Tooth is just over 29 weeks today and is about the size of a butternut squash. And even though I know belly size really has nothing to do with it, I’d like to say that he’s a pretty decent size squash right now. Winking smile

Just check out that bump! Still 11 more weeks to go? Oh man…that thing is gonna be ca-raaaaazy!

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
  • His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain.
  • To meet his increasing nutritional demands, mom needs plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, mom also has to be sure to drink her milk (or in my case, eat her yogurt and cheese!) This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby’s hardening skeleton each day.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: Back to the unknown, and I’m okay with that.

Workouts: A couple of lunchtime walks, a 50-minute Pilates workout, and a full body living room circuit. I’m finding these days that it’s MUCH harder to get myself up in the mornings for early workouts. I did manage to get up yesterday for a 10-10-10 workout, but I think the morning ones are going to be few and far between. I need all the sleep I can get!

Symptoms: Pretty similar to last week…

• Sore stomach muscles, and occasionally sore legs/groin area.
  • A couple Braxton Hicks contractions.
  • Minor low back pain.
  • Some acid reflux.
  • Many, many trips to the ladies room.

Movement: Little guy continues to wiggle his way around all day long. He did have a couple of somewhat mellow days this past week (which, of course, had me nervous) but I think he must have just been taking a breather from all his usual antics because he’s certainly back at it now. Sometimes I’m surprised at how low I’m still feeling him kick (way below the belly button)…but then a few minutes later, he’ll be up in my side. I guess maybe I just assumed he’d always be kicking up higher as time went on? Then again, what do I know!

Food Aversions: Every once in a while bananas will sound unappealing, but that’s about it this week. Hot coffee, however, is still a no.

Food Cravings: Fruity sweets (i.e., Starbursts, etc.), rainbow sherbet, yogurt, salt chips and crackers, cheese, avocados.

Sleep: Ehh…so-so. The whole having to rotate from side-to-side thing is starting to get a little old and I’m really missing being able to sleep on my back and/or stomach. I still haven’t gotten that body pillow yet…I know. I don’t know what I’m waiting for either.

Stretch marks? Yesterday afternoon as I was changing, I thought I spotted some on the ol’ belly. I checked it out and thought “aww shit, there they are.” Turns out, it was just some leftover indentations from my top. SO, the belly is still stretchmark free…but the thighs are not. I knew this one was pretty inevitable, since I’ve gotten them there before pretty easily, but they’re pretty mild. So far…

Miss Anything? After this past week, I most definitely miss playing softball. With the games starting back up for the season, it’s just not the same watching from the bench.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I honestly can’t think of too many?! I did wind up talking with a couple friends of mine about placentas (seriously…the conversations that happen once you’re preggo still amaze me sometimes). I learned a little bit more about some people actually have the placenta in front of the belly (anterior), which acts almost like a pillow and makes it harder to feel baby kick. I’ve since come to the conclusion that I definitely do not have an anterior placenta, but rather a posterior one…aaand this fact is based on no medical evidence whatsoever. I really have no idea. Smile

Belly Button in or out? Still in…but getting less and less indented. I still say it won’t poke out though.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy camper, no doubt about it!

New Baby Items: I wound up getting a bib that says “Lil Slugger” to go with his baseball onesie. He’s gonna be all set for the end of the softball season this year!

Looking Forward To: Tonight we have a breastfeeding prep class at the hospital, which I’ve heard really great things about. But I’m also REALLY looking forward to this weekend…it’s Babymoon time!

Question for the Moms:

What were your baby’s kicks like? How long did it take you to feel them? Were they all over?

Comments

Get that body pillow!!! I don’t know what I”m waiting for either – I would be so much more comfortable with one.

My kicks don’t feel like kicks still. They’re definitely more mild and I haven’t gotten a swift kick to the bladder yet (thank God). I know that’s going to be changing very soon though since Little Miss A doesn’t want to move up from where my bladder is.

2. Sherri says

Love that bump! You look beautiful.

Do you mind telling me where you got that skirt? My preggo bod hates jeans and most pants these days, but skirts and dresses are where it’s at! I’ve been looking for one similar to that…

3. Annie says

The body pillow is really nice, but doesn’t prevent me from waking up on my back several times throughout the night! OH WELL! And, I was just informed at our 21 week ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta…makes me feel a little better since all I feel is tiny flutters still! You look great!

• Courtney says

Yeah I figure I’ll still wind up on my back somehow, but I’d like to be able to sleep with the pillow between my knees to try to alleviate some of the low back pain I’ve been getting. We’ll see!

• Annie says

Yes, it definitely helps the back with something between the knees! I got the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow off of Amazon. It’s great!

You look so cute and happy. You have that Baby Glow. I remember my daughter would kick like crazy after I ate spicy foods. I loved Mexican food, so after I would eat it she would be moving like a Mexican Jumping Bean. ;)
    See if you notice Baby Tooths movements more after a certain meal. It would be interesting to see if he too moves more with certain foods.

• Courtney says

He definitely gets active after breakfast, and he also seems to enjoy ice cream like his mama does :)

HAve fun on your upcoming baby moon, that is so exciting! Another pregnant momma said she craves sugary things and sherbert too, that is so funny! Do you ever crave pickles? One of my girl friends would carry a packaged pickle with her like all the time lol
    Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Benefits Of Fish Oil

• Courtney says

Hahaha, I don’t know if I’m really “craving” them, like, “I gotta have them!” but I do enjoy me some pickles every now and then. Mostly the bread and butter kind though :)

Looking fab, as always! Hopefully you’ll be like me, and your belly button won’t pop, but by the end it’ll just be completely flat. Kicks..hmm..I seem to have forgotten a lot of that stuff, but I will NEVERRRRR forget the ones to the cervix. Oh.My.God. Did they ever hurt! Thankfully homegirl finally went from transverse to head down around 34 weeks and I got some relief!
    Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..My Little Heifer

7. Kathryn says

I felt the first movement around 18 weeks. My first pregnancy, my daughter LOVED to punch and kick straight down. My bladder got a little beat up, but (sorry for the TMI) she preferred to use my cervix as her punching bag. She never stopped! It was either punches or kicks, but it was her fave. She also would “dance” to music, so much movement during those times that watching my stomach would make me sea sick, lol. My son was much calmer, he would move and kick, but they weren’t as strong or painful. He also was very shy, only 2 other people ever felt him kick because he would stop when someone would put their hand on my belly.

8. Karen says

I just had my baby Saturday and have obviously been holding her a lot! It’s so funny bc her movement patterns outside the womb are so similar to what I had been feeling inside!

9. Jamie says

All my gfs who have had boys craved fruits and sweet things, and all the ones with girls craved spicy food. So interesting!

That’s so cool that you get to feel him kick so often! I can’t wait until I feel my baby kick! (p.s. if you wanna know, I announced the gender today on the blog! yay!)

I love the sour-fruity candy lately–esp laffy taffy purple kind. Mmmmmm
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..17 Weeks {Gender Reveal!}

My little guy kicks like crazy right after I eat & when I sit or lie down to relax. I’m 24 weeks & I can see most of his kicks from the outside of my belly. He has been kicking me on the south side lately, too, which is new — usually he just kicks on the left or right side. I haven’t bought a body pillow yet either, but I keep a puffy throw pillow between my knees which helps a bit. Anyway, you look great & I love reading your updates!
    Andrea @ Andrea Everhart recently posted..24 Weeks

Kenzer was a mule!! lol She kicked so hard. I remember one time she must have kicked me in a nerve because my whole leg just gave way. Thankfully I caught myself but geesh! Then there was the time when I could actually see the outline of her FOOT. Amazing but crazy at the same time. <3 All this talk makes me miss being pregnant.
    Jenny recently posted..My Greatest Accomplishment – Being a Mama

13. Lindsay says

wow your belly is adorable! you look really cute pregnant!! I had an anterior placenta when i was pregnant and I have to say I could definitely feel him kicking but it never ‘hurt’. I always hear my friends whining about the baby kicking their ribs or laying under them, etc but i felt none of that.

Has baby tooth had hiccups yet? it’s the cutest thing! my son had them ALL THE FREAKIN TIME when he was in my belly. It was so cool watching my belly bounce up and down and everyone else could see it too! Then when he was born, he would get them all the time so it was a pretty big joke in our family.

14. Jen says

The body pillow is amazing but when I had my first I rolled on my back all the time. I found this little foam wedge pillow at babies r us that did the trick and felt realllly good on the back, especially near the end when that baby’s just. so. heavy. I don’t know if they still have it, that was almost 3 years ago (sniff) but worth checking out!

I start my 34th week tomorrow and workouts are soo much harder for me lately. I’ve been exhausted!

I remember feeling my kicks really low too and thinking it was weird. I would tell myself that they MUST be punches and not kicks :) Now though, I usually only feel them up high and/or out front. My little guy really likes to hang out on my right side. I’ve just recently started to get a little annoyed by some of the kicks. Mostly because they are RIGHT UNDER my ribs and what used to be a cute little ‘boop’ is now a ‘KARATE CHOP! IM HERE MOMMY’…but I still kind of love it :)
    Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..May 2013 Miss Judy Update