Panini Day

So while I was at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday, I decided to buy a loaf of bread that we’d be able to use to make some paninis. I’m pretty sure it was the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine that revved up my desire for a panini, but whatever it was, they just sounded goooood.

With our fresh, new loaf of bread in the house, we deemed Sunday a “panini day” in our house…starting with breakfast.

Jay did a fabulous job of making the two of us a couple of turkey bacon, egg, and cheese paninis. The bread is really the perfect size because it doesn’t wind up making super massive sandwiches like this one. Soooo, so good.

We skipped having paninis for lunch because, well, I hardly ever end up eating a “real lunch” if we’re home on the weekends. I usually just wind up having mini meals throughout the afternoon. Dinner though? We were back to the panini.

I cooked up a few ears of (surprisingly good for it being May) corn on the cob and roasted some fresh asparagus with a little EVOO, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese (SO good…please do this! 400 degrees for about 20-30 mins).

For our sandwiches, we loaded them with marinated and grilled chicken breasts, provolone cheese, spinach, tomato, and spread them with some gar la la. To flavor the bread, we spread a thin layer of butter and sprinkles a little Italian seasoning.

Oh my goodness…so messy. So good.

While that may have been the end of our panini streak on Sunday, the good food didn’t stop there. Right now, Price Chopper is having a BOGO deal on Ben & Jerry’s and I somehow found my way over to that aisle while grocery shopping…can I just say how impressed I am with this Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek frozen yogurt?

I’ve seen their frozen Greek yogurt for a while now, but it never really appealed much to me until the other day so I thought I’d give it a shot. I am DEFINITELY a fan…love the graham cracker swirls throughout it!

So there was a little recap of Sunday’s good eats, since I didn’t get a chance to share them with you earlier. Yesterday’s eats weren’t all that exciting…and I wasn’t planning on doing much of anything for dinner since Jay wasn’t going to be around, but then his plans changed so I had to come up with something.

Enter: Annie’s mac & cheese 😉

I’ve sort of been craving mac and cheese lately, so this worked out perfect. I cooked up a box as directed then added in some diced tomatoes, fresh spinach, and leftover grilled chicken for added bulk and nutrition. Annie’s is always good in a pinch, and I usually try to keep a few boxes on hand just in case.

Before I got to work on that delicious dinner above, I decided to squeeze in a little Pilates session (in my new Reebok tee, which I wanted to be able to wear at least once before the bump really takes over!).

I had the energy to move, which was great, but my main motivation for doing it, to be honest, was to try to get Baby Tooth to move. He spent the majority of the day yesterday parked right under my right rib cage and good lord was it uncomfortable. Thankfully, the Pilates did help a little bit (along with some extra cat/cow stretches), and so far today he seems to have relocated his little feet.

Let’s just hope he stays that way. 😉

Speaking of the little guy…the Baby Tooth page was updated this morning AND there’s a giveaway, too. Check it out!

*My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who have been affected by the devastating tornado in Oklahoma. (This article has some great ways you can help the victims of this awful tragedy.)

Everything in this post looks delish!!! I have been eyeing the ben & jerry’s greek yogurt for awhile and really would like to try it soon.

Those paninis look amazing! I love the idea of eating paninis for breakfast. Breakfast sandwiches are great, but in the form of a panini, I bet they are amazing!!

That asparagus looks awesome, too! I will have to try that out. And seriously, how amazing is it that sweet corn actually tastes good in MAY? It is awesome!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Magazine Monday: Tofu Ramen Soup

I use to get the gluten free and dairy free mac and cheese from Annie’s, it was surprisingly good! I’ve just realized, I’ve never had a panini before….and I find it super odd lol.
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Review!!

I keep a few boxes of Annie’s in my pantry too. They’re perfect in a pinch or, you know, whenever the craving strikes 😉 I’m pretty sure I’ll never grow out of being addicted to Mac ‘n Cheese. And I’m loving the sound of those paninis. It’s been a while since I’ve had a savory one, but I loooove tossing an almond butter and banana sandwich onto my mini grill to get it all warmed up and melty. Oh swoon…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... you won’t find happiness in a smaller pair of jeans .

Now I’m craving a panini… AND mac’n’cheese. I might have to find a way to just put the two together… mac’n’cheese panini? Hehehe!
    That’s really great that you not only had the energy to workout, but baby tooth got to move around, too (I’m sure have his feet there for so many days was getting uncomfortable!).

I just ate breakfast… and now im hungry for lunch looking at those sandwiches! something about Panini’s make a sandwich sooooo soooo good!

and I LOVE that frozen yogurt .. I think that one you had is the best!

There’s nothing quite as good as fresh bread! There are just so many yummy things you can make. I’ve been seeing that frozen yogurt for awhile, but I haven’t tried it yet. I’m a huge Ben & Jerry’s fan though so I’m sure it would be right up my alley.
    Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Day One!

He’s trying to get good footing for when he needs to make his way out. Lol. I’ve been craving paninis since I looked through CL magazine, too, butttt we kind of don’t have a panini maker. Whomp, whomp. Btw, last night on the voice!!! My favorite I think was Josiah. I mean, I really liked his Coldplay performance. Plus, he’s a cutie.
    Lauren recently posted..When is my “new day”?

• Courtney says

Haha, I actually can’t stand Josiah! He’s definitely a cutie, but he knows it…and the way he looks out at the judges/audience drives me nutty! I love Sasha, she’s definitely a favorite…but there were a LOT of good ones last night!

Hello Courtney,
    I have actually been reading your Blog (and I have been subscribed to it for awhile, actually). I have sincerely been enjoying watching your pregnancy! (I am single and never have had children, but it’s still really neat watching your process). I also love all the food pictures you take, recipes and mentioning yummy and helpful products “out-there.” Wonderful Blog!

Anyways, I wanted to ask you a question. I am looking into purchasing a George Foreman Grill, and I noticed the one you have in this post, and your link to your other Panini post. What is your make/brand of your George Foreman Grill?

Thank you.

Amy recently posted..PROBAR – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

• says

Hello Courtney,
        Thank you so very much for letting me know which Grill yours is! I also really appreciate the link you included to it on your “Sweet Tooth Shop” page (that’s a really neat feature, BTW). I actually just added it to my Amazon Wish List for now!
        Again, keep up the wonderful work on your Blog-Page. It’s such a delight to read each day. As well, I’m so excited for when Baby Tooth is born! He’s going to be a cutie!
        ~Amy :-)
        Amy recently posted..PROBAR – Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

That panini for dinner looks so good! Flavoring the bread itself is such a smart idea, mm! And I love Annie’s Mac and Cheese, I buy a box every now and then to keep around too for a simple dinner, or post run fuel! I love making an entire box after a long 7-8 mile run, it’s the perfect way for me to replenish some carbs.
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #33: Keepin’ it Real Simple