Uncomfortable

by Courtney on June 4, 2013

Good morning, friends!

First and foremost, thank you all so much for your kind words and condolences for my grandma. It was really sweet to read them all, and I can’t tell you how much me and my family appreciate it. She will be missed but never, ever forgotten…even if she did call me potbelly.

*****

So yesterday wound up being one of those days where I actually remembered to take some photos of my eats. Ever since I’ve sort of backed away from documenting every. single. meal. that I eat, it’s not quite as common nature for me to keep snapping away anymore. I’m very glad that I don’t do that anymore, but it is still fun to look back at the goods now and then.

Breakfast yesterday was a toasted honey wheat English muffin topped with lots of peanut butter and banana. I was feeling pretty hungry, so I decided to have the other half of my ‘naner with PB along with the muffin. Super delish.

Around 11:15, I started getting hungry again and I debated on whether or not I wanted to just hold out until noon for lunch or eat something then and there…having food immediately won out. Winking smile

Just a simple bowl of vanilla Chobani mixed with strawberries and blueberries. Always light, tasty, and delicious.

Turns out, my snack held me over for a while, and I didn’t wind up having my lunch until closer to 2pm. But by then, I was more than ready to dig in!

I prepped a beast of a salad the night before, filled with as many veggies as I could find in the fridge – lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, carrots, broccoli, harvard beets, pickles, feta cheese, a couple croutons, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

That thing was massive and absolutely delicious…unfortunately, it did not agree with my belly at all. By the time I was finishing my last bites, I already started experiencing a sharp, totally uncomfortable pain in my upper abdomen. Combine that with Baby Tooth pressing right up there and holy cow, was I uncomfortable. Apparently that was too many veggies at once? Who knows…

The pain lasted pretty much all evening, so I tried laying on the couch to stretch out as much as possible. It actually worked out well because it gave me time to write out a bunch of thank you cards from our shower while Jay worked outside with a couple of the guys…

Remember how we tore down our old deck last year? Well, we’re (aka, not me) putting up a brand new one!

The three of them got a bunch accomplished, and I am SO excited to finally have our back deck back soon. Especially since our back door was pretty much useless after we took down the old one. Later this summer? Me…Jay…Baby Tooth…and a nice glass of wine out on that back deck.

Most likely with Cody watching from inside. Winking smile

Since the guys came over to offer their help for the whole evening, Jay and I ordered some pizza for them for dinner. And since I was feeling a bit lazy and didn’t feel like making anything else for myself, I decided to dig into their stash and had a couple slices.

It tasted great, despite the fact that I was still uncomfortable.

The rest of the evening consisted of some more thank you cards, calling a couple of references for a daycare (which went GREAT), eating a fruit bar (obsessed with them lately), and watching The Voice with my guys on the couch before finally heading to bed. It was a long day, but a good day, indeed. Smile

*****

FYI: The Baby Tooth page was updated this morning! We’re getting so close!

Have a great day, everyone!

1 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 4, 2013 at 9:44 am

Ugh, sorry you weren’t feeling well after your lunch! That’s never fun, especially when coupled with being pregnant!!

So exciting about your back deck! Perfect timing for SUMMER!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Day with a 9 Week Old Baby

2 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 4, 2013 at 9:53 am

That’s exciting your going to have a new deck soon! I already have a dck but no patio furniture so it doesn’t get much use. Sorry you are feeling uncomfortable! All of your organs are being smushed up inside so it’s not crazy to think that wouldn’t feel so good!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Hiking Del Valle Regional Park

3 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 4, 2013 at 9:54 am

Your salad looks delicious, but so sorry it gave you so much discomfort….that’s never fun. That will be so nice having a back deck, especially for get-togethers this summer!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Book Review of If I Stay

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 4, 2013 at 9:56 am

Your salad looked yummy! Sorry, that it didn’t agree with you. I definitely notice if I eat too many vegetables or fruit I feel sick afterwards. I try to limit it.

So exciting that you will have a deck! That will be so nice to have lunch/dinner outside. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Banana Bread & Another Amazing Shopping Trip!!…

5 Lauren @ LaMaLu Boutique June 4, 2013 at 9:58 am

That is so great that he is building your deck. We just bought a house and want to add a deck, too. Is he building from a plan?

6 Miss Polkadot June 4, 2013 at 10:08 am

Yes to having your deck set up for you :). That’ll make for a fantastic place to spend most of the time in Summer and I may or may not be slightly envious.
I’m sorry to hear lunch made for an upset stomach but glad the day was nice for you overall, still. Also great to hear things are looking good in terms of daycare.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Simple Sunday Serenity

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 4, 2013 at 10:17 am

As much as I enjoy veggies, I actually can’t handle eating the massive salad beasts that I used to – whenever I do, I end up feeling like I might pop, so I tend to keep my veggie intake pretty small and basic.

And that’s so exciting about your new deck getting set up! Perfect timing, too :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... trusting the process .

8 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 4, 2013 at 10:21 am

But I thought pizza made everything better? ;) When the guys are done with your deck, send ‘em over to my place. Mine needs some handywork!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..YOPO

9 Michelle Kim June 4, 2013 at 10:25 am

Sounds like a good way to use the deck once it’s finished. I’m sure BabyTooth will enjoy spending some time out there :). It must be nice that the guys are so handy!

10 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 4, 2013 at 10:59 am

Aren’t pickles SO good in salads?? They are definitely my current favorite salad additions :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Black-Eyed Pea and Veggie Bowl with Cauliflower Rice

11 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

Pizza is always a good choice! We had the best pizza while on vacation last week, and I’ve had it on the brain ever since!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Summer Lovin’

12 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo June 4, 2013 at 11:10 am

Sorry to hear about the discomfort! But, as usual, the salad looked delicious :-) You must be getting so excited that the due date is so close. Even though I’m not pregnant nor planning to be anytime soon, I love your babytooth updates :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blo recently posted..Sweat, Ballpark Food and Pantry Raids

13 Annette@FitnessPerks June 4, 2013 at 11:14 am

That’s so cool about the deck! Just in time for some summer fun!!

SOrry about feeling uncomfy–ick. I def hate when my stomach & baby are both not tooooo happy.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Comment on 21 Weeks {Baby Registry Items} by Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers

14 Lisa June 4, 2013 at 11:17 am

Hope you’re feeling better today Courtney. I totally get that uncomfortable feeling from giant salads, I can imagine it would be a bit more uncomfortable being pregnant though;)
How exciting about the deck! Perfect for the month of June when things will be sunnier!
Lisa recently posted..Monthly Favorites – May

15 Lauren June 4, 2013 at 11:23 am

I had uncomfortable stomach pains last night, too, and it’s always a few nights after I eat a big salad or a lot of vegetables at one time. I think my stomach doesn’t like to work a lot to digest everything. Lol. It’s nice you’re going to have a new deck just in time for summer!

And last night… SASHA killed it with the last song. In my opinion, anyway. lol. She was a little “risk-ay” but I enjoyed watching her!
Lauren recently posted..“I’m so excited…”

16 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 4, 2013 at 11:25 am

The salad looks delicious, but sometimes when I overdo it with veggies, it bothers my stomach too. So annoying! Hope you’re feeling better today though!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Our Path to a Healthier Lifestyle

17 Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 4, 2013 at 11:30 am

That salad looks so good, I’m sorry your stomach didn’t think so. I always hate it when something makes you not feel good. The new deck sounds like it will be fun for summer.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..slowly getting back into it

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 4, 2013 at 11:30 am

Definitely the right time to be putting a deck in – hopefully you three get a lot of use out of it this summer!

It’s been at least 6-7 months since I’ve had good old fashioned takeout pizza…that might have to change sometime soon! Lately I’ve been increasing my veggie intake, but I’m keeping an eye on making sure I’m not increasing too much, otherwise I get the bothersome stomach too.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing May.

19 Janice June 4, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Yum! I’ve never tried PB and banana – your picture makes me want to rectify that ASAP! Congrats on your pregnancy :)
Janice recently posted..Tennis Ball Massage Madness: Simple Self Treatment

20 Shel@PeachyPalate June 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I’ve been there with the veggie overload tummy pain..sometimes it’s just hard to stop! Can’t wait to see the completed deck! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Big bundt success

21 Tara@PNWRunner June 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm

What kind of fruit bars do you eat? I bet it is exciting to have a new deck! When will it be finished? Hopefully soon enough that you can relax in the sunshine on it!

22 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm

eeek I get those stomach problems all the time. Have you tried taking tums? haha, I know it’s probably not good to take toooo many, but I’m kind of a tums addict just because I know that those sharp pains don’t go away for a long time if I don’t take them. :P They really do help!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Succulent Bulgogi Recipe {Low Sugar}

23 Kristi June 4, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Your salad looks really good! I love salads that have a bunch of different things thrown into it.
Kristi recently posted..I’ve come to realize…

24 Danica @ It's Progression June 4, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Ugh, sorry you weren’t feeling well! I’m not pregnant but that feeling will happen to me once in a while if I eat a ton of veggies without any bit of carb to go with them. It’s definitely uncomfortable.
On a good note though – yay for a new deck! That’ll be SO nice.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Larabar ALT Bars Review & Giveaway!

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 4, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Progress on the deck is definitely looking great! There’s really nothing better than relaxing outside with a nice cocktail on a summer night… soon!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Tough Mudder Race Recap: Boston 2013

26 Leigha June 4, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I have been super bad about taking pics too. It’s good though, because I’m not obsessing about it! These look like some super yummy eats. :)
Leigha recently posted..Happy Birthday Evan!

27 Julie @ Better Life with Burgers June 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Awww…I got all tingly thinking about you and Jay and baby out in your yard later this year! How exciting!!!
Julie @ Better Life with Burgers recently posted..Setting the Tone for the Week