Baby Tooth’s Second Baby Shower

by Courtney on June 11, 2013

On Saturday, we got to celebrate with family and soooo many of our closest friends for our second baby shower!

Me and my baby daddy ;)

Thankfully, the rain that was giving both my mom and I headaches all week long finished up early on Saturday morning…so while it wasn’t super sunny, it was dry, which is all we could have asked for. It would have been pretty tough fitting everyone inside!

IMG_0341IMG_0342

So many of our friends (and my side of the family) came out to celebrate Baby Tooth, leaving Jay and I feeling just so incredibly lucky. We were so excited to see so many others share in the excitement that we’ve been feeling.

I’m sure you’re going to see a few familiar faces in this post. :)

When my mom began planning my shower, I told her I didn’t need/want too many frills or fancy decorations (aka, I didn’t want anyone to feel like they needed to come up with some Pinterest-inspired bonanza)…just a simple party where everyone can hang out, eat food, and drink beer (if they can…there were quite a few in the same boat as me!).

And that’s exactly what we had…with just a few pretty balloons thrown into the mix.

We also talked about playing a couple of games throughout the day, but we really only got around to playing one, which was the bottle chugging game. Who can chug 2 ounces of booze (or water!) the quickest?!

Well, it certainly wasn’t me.

But it was quite funny to watch everyone take a stab at it!

I didn’t bother to take any pictures of the food from the day, but my parents put out quite a spread of appetizers, a variety of salads, mac & cheese, sausage & peppers, pulled pork, and chicken.

Everything was delicious, and shortly after eating dinner, it was time for cake!

In case you’re curious, yes, I am sporting a tiara in some of these photos. My mom ended up finding one that said something about “Mom To Be” (I can’t even remember exactly what it said…how sad!) so I wore that for a little while throughout the day. It was cute.

But not as cute as this cake.

Or this diaper cake made by my brother’s girlfriend, Meg. How awesome is this?! Not only did it have diapers (I believe she told me there’s over 100 on there) but it’s also filled with receiving blankets, washcloths, a couple toys, and pacifiers. It’s so cute, I haven’t been able to bring myself to take it apart to wash the blankets yet!

So in case you couldn’t already tell from the photos above (or from yesterday), Baby Tooth certainly got spoiled on Saturday.

So much cuteness!

Like I said, we’re so, so blessed.

Once all of Baby Tooth’s gifts were opened, the day and evening proceeded on as a regular party would, with plenty of shenanigans with our closest pals.

IMG_0412IMG_0414

None of these guys need any introductions. :)

It was an absolutely incredible day, and I have my lovely parents to thank for it.

My dad was funny, because he kept asking me questions as the party was getting started, saying “I’ve never been to a baby shower, I don’t know how these things go?!” But they both did an amazing job, and it was obvious that they really put a good amount of time and effort into it. Not that I’m surprised though…they’ve always known how to throw a great party. ;)

So with all of this talk about Baby Tooth and his shower…it’s probably a good time to let you know that the Baby Tooth page has been updated today!

*****

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday :)

1 Lisa June 11, 2013 at 9:31 am

Your baby shower looks like it was a complete blast!! I’m glad the weather was able to clear up in time for it…love when that happens.
The chugging game is hilarious, and I definitely need to keep that in mind if I have to plan a shower ever.
And of course, that cake is the cutest thing ever.
Glad your family and friends were able to share this special time with you!
Lisa recently posted..Don’t Lose Sight

2 Danica @ It's Progression June 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

This is exactly how I would want a baby shower to be – lots of family and friends just relaxed and having fun! Glad you had better weather than expected and a great time!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..“Slim for Life” book review

3 Meredith @ DareYouTo June 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

What a nice day! You’re positively glowing :) So happy for you and your family.
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Practice Proper Posture

4 diana June 11, 2013 at 9:33 am

Amazing pictures!!! Jewish people dont really have baby showers and they look so fun!

5 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen June 11, 2013 at 9:40 am

What a cute shower cake!! :) How fun!!
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Bachelorette Weekend Day 2

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 11, 2013 at 9:40 am

Your shower looked like so much fun! I seriously love that cake. It’s so adorable! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..An Interesting Look At Jobs…

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 11, 2013 at 9:41 am

That diaper cake!!! Oh my gosh, what a cute idea! Glad you guys were all able to have a great time celebrating your little man coming – looked like fun! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Break Day

8 Shel@PeachyPalate June 11, 2013 at 9:45 am

Wowsers! Looks like such a good family day! You look so incredibly happy :) Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many gifts at one shower!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Marbled

9 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 11, 2013 at 9:47 am

What a great party!! Looks like you had a super fun baby shower!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..(Guest Post) Spicy Shrimp Pasta

10 Lindsey June 11, 2013 at 9:50 am

Looks like everyone had a great time and Baby Tooth got spoiled, so much fun! That cake is adorable. I am already excited for my shower and its still months away.

11 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 11, 2013 at 10:00 am

love the bottle chugging game..it must be hard to chug out of a baby bottle! haha
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Sriracha is the new Ketchup

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 11, 2013 at 10:03 am

Looks like a great baby shower! I’m so glad the weather held out for you! The cake is amazing and I like the simple decorations!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Calorie Explosion

13 Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns June 11, 2013 at 10:07 am

Aw, I just love that cake! Glad to hear you had a great time at your baby shower :)
Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..Moving In The Heat

14 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 11, 2013 at 10:10 am

That bottle chugging game is hilarious!! What a fun and clever party idea.
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Trader Joe’s Tuesday: Organic Superfood Pilaf + French Yellow Beans

15 Karen June 11, 2013 at 10:13 am

What a FUN baby shower!! Baby tooth def got spoiled but that’s the point of baby showers…LOL!! FYI, you looked lovely as always!!
Karen recently posted..Tone-It Up Tuesday

16 Cori @ olivetorun June 11, 2013 at 10:33 am

That cake is adorable- just like mommy tooth and daddy tooth! I’m so glad you guys had a great shower!
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Good Ole Fashion Education

17 Steph @ StephSnacks June 11, 2013 at 10:33 am

What a beautiful baby shower! You definitely did not need all of the ‘Pinterest frills’. Everything looks just perfect.
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Brittany’s Birthday

18 Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats June 11, 2013 at 10:36 am

Hey Courtney! This is super random, but I saw this article about comparing yourself to others on social media, and I thought about what you said after Memorial Day. I really enjoyed the article and just wanted to share! http://carrotsncake.com/2012/04/comparison-is-the-thief-of-joy-thoughts-on-social-media.html
Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats recently posted..First Boat Ride of the Summer!

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:40 am

That definitely looks like an amazing baby shower – I love how it was so relaxed and all about the people. Speaking of which, I would be such a sappy mess with that many people around celebrating me. Those kind of blessings seriously hit me hard, and I couldn’t be happier for you :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... when only chocolate will do .

20 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries June 11, 2013 at 10:56 am

I can’t believe how time flies, it feels like yesterday you were sharing the sex of the baby! Although the weather was a little dreary, it looks like you guys had a great time :) Super excited for you both!!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Zumba, Yoga, & Kickboxing – OH MY!

21 Lauren June 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

That cake is TOO adorable. I wouldn’t even want to eat it because it’s so cute! I like thoughtful gifts, like the diaper cake. I think it’s just cool when things are thrown together in a different way other than a box or a bag! I’m glad Baby Tooth was spoiled because ALL of you deserve it :-)
Lauren recently posted..All About My Knees

22 Emily @The Good Era June 11, 2013 at 11:14 am

Looks like you had a great time! Glad the weather cooperated and you got to spend time with everyone. That cake is soooo cute, baby butts are like the cutest thing ever haha
Emily @The Good Era recently posted..Take Time Tuesday-Grandma & Uncle Herm

23 Linz @ Itz Linz June 11, 2013 at 11:18 am

looks like a lovely shower!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..infertility sucks

24 Gracie June 11, 2013 at 11:26 am

two baby showers…i like the way you roll ;) also loved the “baby daddy” shout out, haha.
Gracie recently posted..my new gig.

25 Natalie @ Free Range Human June 11, 2013 at 11:30 am

That looks like such a fun day! I’ve always thought that’s how I would do a baby shower. I get so bored at the typical ones-I’d rather just have a big party with all my friends and family!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Lovely!

26 Brooke @ Running In Heels June 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

That is literally the cutest cake I have ever seen!! OMG! :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..The Bachelorette Episode 2 Recap

27 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog June 11, 2013 at 11:58 am

What a sweet baby shower! So glad the rain cooperated :-)

You are making me look forward to getting pregnant, even if it’s a long way off! I still can’t get over that cake – I keep sending the link to people!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..40 Years and They’re Still Dancing

28 Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 11, 2013 at 12:28 pm

That diaper cake is ADORABLE. I can’t even handle the cuteness! :)
Miranda @ Miranda Runs recently posted..What’s in the shopping cart? {Grad Party}

29 Jenny June 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Awww! I LOVE this! What a nice shower!! I never had a baby shower because I was in Georgia when pregnant with Kenzer and all of my family was in Pennsylvania. Hopefully if we have another I’ll get to have one this time. ;-)

I absolutely LOVE that cake!! And you’re rocking that bump like a boss!

Take care!
Jenny recently posted..Kenzer’s Bday Recap

30 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Aww, it looks like such a fabulous baby shower! I’m glad you enjoyed it…and the weather cooperated! You’re definitely going to have a much-loved baby boy!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I Bet You Didn’t Know This, But…

31 michelle kim June 11, 2013 at 4:12 pm

You guys really are blessed!!!
That cake is so cute and it looks like ya’ll got a lot of great gifts :)

32 Kelly June 11, 2013 at 4:41 pm

The diaper cake is such a good and clever gift!! I made those with my sorority for a women’s shelter and it was sooo fun :-)

You guys are so fortunate to have such a supportive network of people ready to welcome Baby Tooth! Pretty soon all those gifts will be put to use!
Kelly recently posted..Nail polish improves work performance….It’s science

33 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 11, 2013 at 4:46 pm

sounds like a balst – your baby will definitely be part of a loving family! i told my mom the same thing for my bridal shower – no frills, just something comfortable and casual where everyone can enjoy drinks and good food =)
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Vermont: Green Mountain Adventure Challenge

34 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections June 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm

What an amazing shower! Hopefully you guys are all set with everything you need after those two parties! I LOVE the cake.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Goodies from Asia!

35 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Aw, what a fun shower! I love seeing all the little baby clothes and things. And I’ve never received one (obviously, I don’t have a kid!), but I think diaper cakes are one of the coolest things ever. Yours looks especially well done!
I’m glad you had a good time. :-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..All Natural Green Tea Lemonade

36 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake June 11, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Love that this was more of an all-family “party,” instead of an all-ladies, traditional shower… looks like a lot of fun!

37 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm

The baby shower looks absolutely beautiful! Such an amazing time to spend with family and friends. Getting so close!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

38 Jenn@Be ME June 12, 2013 at 8:02 am

Looks like such a beautiful day! So exciting to get all his little things and getting them unpacked and organized. I just finished doing that for our little one on his way.
Jenn@Be ME recently posted..BE Exposed.

39 Kristen @ notsodomesticated June 12, 2013 at 10:25 am

So fun! :) I’m glad you had such a great time. My advice would be to enjoy these last few weeks with Jay. Life is about to get a lot more chaotic! (Wonderful, but chaotic haha!) :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addie Grace: 8 Weeks Old

40 Whitney June 12, 2013 at 12:26 pm

You look just like your MOM!! :)

What a perfect shower you had!

41 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength June 12, 2013 at 12:28 pm

This looks like so much fun!!! So excited for you guys. :)

42 Kristi June 12, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Looks like you had a great shower! What an adorable cake!!
Kristi recently posted..I wish

43 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets June 12, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Sounds like an awesome day! I can’t believe how CUTE those cakes are, especially the little feet on the edible cake.. they look SO real! Great idea to drink out of a baby bottle! ;)
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..party in the city where the heat is on

44 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire June 12, 2013 at 4:17 pm

What an adorable cake! You look absolutely gorgeous. What a great time- I can’t believe Baby Tooth will be here so soon! I feel like I was just reading the announcement yesterday!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia!

45 Ellie@Fit for the soul June 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm

It’s so nice to see a laid back party where there are men, and they’re participating! :D haha. I’m glad you guys got so blessed like that~I hope for many more blessings to come! And I can’t get over how cute those little feet and butt look on that cake, hah!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Last Wishes

46 Clara June 16, 2013 at 9:15 am

Oh man! I was looking at the picture of the real cake but read the paragraph about the diaper cake but hadn’t scrolled down to the picture yet so for a few minutes I tried to figure how all the diapers and baby products fit into what looked like a cake with frosting. :D
Looks like you had a great party!!!! :) :)

47 Colleen June 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm

You look darling and that cake is out of this world!