Father’s Day Weekend, In A Nutshell

Good morning to you all! How’s everyone doing today?

I’m gonna be honest…I’m not feelin’ so hot. I woke up this morning feeling pretty blah, so I’m hoping things will start to improve as the day goes on. Fingers crossed!

BUT, despite my less-than-stellar morning, I must say that we had an absolutely GREAT weekend. Lots of fun, good food, and productivity…starting with Saturday morning’s breakfast.

I finally had my Kodiak Cakes breakfast, and oh man, were they delicious. I added some chia seeds and banana slices into the actual pancake batter, and then topped them off with some peanut butter, more banana slices, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Heaven on a plate.

Saturday afternoon was all about the productivity for us. Jay worked on the back deck for basically the entire day, and we’ve now finally got a deck to sit on! Totally forgot to take photos, but it isn’t totally done yet anyways (we still need railings and stairs). While he worked on the deck, I took care of business inside before heading out into the sun to write out some thank you cards…it was a beautiful day to be out in the sun.

Saturday evening, me and the hubs headed up to Saratoga to celebrate the wedding of our cousins, Joe & Angela. They’re actual wedding was actually back in April, but since it was out in Arizona, a lot of the family wasn’t able to make it (myself included) so they had a little after-wedding gathering. It was a gorgeous night to be out!

We spent the evening listening to a live band, eating some food, enjoying some drinks water, and chatting away with family. It was great, and as the evening went on and more people started coming in to the bar I quickly began to realize…

You get a LOT of awkward stares as a pregnant woman at a bar. :)

On Sunday morning, we had plans to have my parents, brother, and his girlfriend Meg over for brunch. I had done a little research last week and had already decided what I was going to make: a sausage and egg strata from one of the cookbooks I have, along with this Cinnabon Coffee Cake.

My family really seemed to love both of them, but the coffee cake was definitely the favorite. OMG, it’s so good. So bad, but soooo, so good.

It was great to be able to spend time with dad on Father’s Day. :)

Sunday afternoon, Jay and I had a few hours between brunch and when his parents were due to come over for dinner, so we worked in the nursery a bit. We laid out how we *think* we want our rain gutter bookshelves to go (we got them on Friday!), AND I also found some curtains and blinds so we put those up. Want to know where I found them? Lowe’s! And I loooooove them. So simple, and exactly what I was looking for. You guys will see them soon!

A little while later, my in-laws came over for dinner and we had a nice little bbq out on the back deck.

Homemade sirloin burgers, courtesy of the hubby, corn on the cob, and potato salad, courtesy of Yours Truly. Everything was absolutely delicious!

Once everyone left for the day, the two of us put on our cozies and basically collapsed on the couch for the rest of the night. We had been on the go all day long, and it felt really nice to just relaxOf course, our little buddy was right by our side…or, rather, let’s call him TROUBLE.

Codeman was all about being Mr. Adventure yesterday…trying to dart out the back door to get outside, climbing up on the counters, continuing to jump into the crib, ripping the screens on our back door in order to get outside. He was being Bold with a capital B!

But just look at that face…he makes it so darn difficult to stay mad at him. 😉

So there’s our weekend, in a nutshell! How was everyone else’s weekend? Do anything fun and/or exciting??

Awe, sorry to hear you’re not feeling so well! Hopefully it improves as the day goes on.
    Haha, I can imagine the stares at the bar being pregnant 😉
    Glad you were able to spend some time with your Dad for Father’s Day too, sounds like it was a fun weekend!
    My weekend wasn’t too exciting just some wine with friends and celebrating Father’s Day on Sunday. So overall low-key.

All the food looks amazing!! We spent the weekend avoiding extended family trying to relax :O but as you know, you can’t stop grandparents from stopping by unannounced to see their grandbabies haha Congrats on your bump!
    Brittany recently posted..#25for25 Training

I was working but managed to get in a little swim swam, a workout, and some baking :) Got my Dad a pair of Toms for Fathers Day!
    Totally loving fresh corn on the cob at the moment, the smell of it is so enticing I ended up having it for breakfast this morning!
    Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A plate of sunshine

Sounds like a really great weekend! The Kodiak cakes and coffee cakes look sooooo good!

My weekend was good too! Saturday was laid back and on Father’s Day, my husband took our parents’ for a nice lunch. It was a lot of fun and the food was yummy!

Hope you feel better!!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #1

I hope you are starting to feel better.
    Cody is a little stinker! It’s a phase that many kids go through once they have a new little sibling around and they realize they are no longer the “baby.” He must know things are about to change and he’s started that phase early! Pets are so incredibly smart aren’t they?
    It looks like you had a fantastic weekend. We did too! We enjoyed great food, sunshine, friends, family, and relaxation!
    Melanie @ BeautifullyNutty recently posted..A Symbol of Hope & Weekend Recap

6. Kathryn says

When I was pregnant with my first, I was 20, then 21. My then-boyfriend, and all our friends, were very much into going to pool halls to drink and shoot pool. This meant I spent a number of nights, pregnant, shooting pool, in a bar. I certainly understand the odd looks, lol.

I absolutely LOVE the picture of your and hubby. The pink of your shirt is probably one of my favorite hues and you look so good in it! I hope you start feeling better, it probably doesn’t help it’s a Monday! I had Kodiak cakes on Saturday morning, too, with nanners and chocolate chips. Love them!

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well Courtney, hopefully you start feeling better as the day goes on. It looks like you had an awesome weekend! I’ve really been feeling burgers lately, so that dinner picture has that craving coming up again 😉
    I had a date night Friday night with the boy, a bachelorette party Saturday, and some family time with my parents on Father’s Day. It was a good one!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Maybe Not My Backup Career.

It seems like everyone was grilling this weekend! It was perfect weather for it :-). The sirloin burgers looks amazing!

I manned the grill for the first time ever this weekend! It was quite a feat for me, because I have always been afraid that I would burn the house down. Luckily, house is still in tact and everything turned out great. Even made grilled guacamole. It was delicious!

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well but excited for your bundle of joy to be coming so soon :-)
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Three Summer Grilling Must-Haves

10. Lindsay says

We went to an absolutely beautiful wedding at a fancy resort in New Jersey! It was a blast. Today I’m headed back to work, but first I need to catch up on STSL!