Weekend Happenings {8/26}

by Courtney on August 26, 2013

Hey hey! Happy Monday, friends! How did the weekend treat ya? Do anything fun or exciting?

Well, I’d say we had fun and excitement this weekend, starting off with the 2nd Annual Summer Yard Olympics at our friends’ Brook & Andrea’s house. And just like last year, they had quite the festive spread out for us all!

I mean, how cute is all of that, right?! Foods arranged in shape and colors to match the Olympic rings…love it!

AND, there were even jello shots made to fit the theme.

I tried a few of them, but the blue was my favorite…it was made with coconut rum. YUM.

After spending some time just chatting and snacking, we eventually got to the main event…the games!

I didn’t wind up taking too many photos during the day, but when all was said and done, guess which gal placed with the gold medal???

Oh yeah, baby! That’d be me…two year gold medalist, woop! Jay placed with the silver medal so I had to rub it in juuuuust a little bit. ;)

Thankfully, Lucas was MUCH better at this party than he was a couple weeks ago at our house. He did his typical eat-play-sleep routine, sleeping most of the time and getting some extra cuddles and face time with lots of our friends.

Can you believe that he was already 4 weeks on Saturday?? And tomorrow marks one official month for our little man. I can hardly stand it.

And apparently, his “old age” (ha!) is taking a toll on his hairline. Mister Lucas is already losing some of the hair on the top of his head and is sporting a pretty mean “old man” style right now.

IMG_3102IMG_3105

I told him not to worry…I think he makes it look good. Then again, I may be a bit biased. ;)

Yesterday, our family of three spent some time doing a little shopping, visiting our friends Kanika and Shaheen in the hospital (they gave birth to a beautiful baby girl…and her and Lucas had their official “first date” in the hospital room), and hanging out at home. I also spent a little bit of time working on going through some of the gazillion photos we’ve been taking these days and actually getting them printed.

Not sure if you guys know about this or not, but did you know there’s a Walgreens app that allows you to send photos straight from your phone to One Hour Photo?

I believe I may have heard it first from Katie, but I will say that it is a genius idea (and right now you can get 33% off print orders, too). I wound up printing about 80 photos (and that’s just from my phone), so I spent some time organizing them and getting them ready to put into an album…one of which, I’m sure, will be many!

While I did that and took care of feeding Lucas and putting him down to sleep, my fantastic husband took care of making us some dinner.

He used a recipe out of the latest Cooking Light magazine for Crispy Pan-Fried Chicken (so yummy, but could use some more seasoning than the recipe calls for) and served it along with some noodles and sauteed zucchini. So, so good!

Lucas wound up staying asleep longer than we realized (we’re still figuring out a sleep schedule, it’s still early) so Jay and I took advantage of the extra quiet time and hung out together as a couple for the evening. This also included watching some of the VMA’s…don’t even get me started on Miley Cyrus. Disgusting. But JT? Oh man, I could watch him perform all day long. Loved that!

So far today, it’s been a great day over here. I’m showered (which is always a plus), Sarah came to visit me and Lucas for a little while, I did some light upper body weights, and spent plenty of time playing with the little one. Now I’m just hoping to make it grocery shopping this afternoon because the food situation in this house right now is awful. Fingers crossed we can make it happen. :)

Hope everyone else is having a great day so far!

1 Silvia @ skinny jeans food August 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

“Family of 3″? 4! Cody got downgraded to a pet. ctz ctz…. Congrats on the gold medal, new mom and gold medalist, impressive!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Sunday night dinner

2 Courtney August 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Hahaha…we’re a “family of 3″ when out in public since Cody can’t come. Family of 4 when we’re home ;)

3 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections August 26, 2013 at 3:01 pm

The fact that your friends do yard Olypmpics is awesome! I have never heard of it, but it sounds awesome.

Lucas already looks so different now than he did at birth! Can’t wait to watch him grow!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Taking Charge of Your Inner Perfectionist

4 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 26, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Way to go with holding onto your title! Although I have to wonder, what on earth are the blue foods in the first pic?
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..MIMM: Birthdays and Pizza Are Marvelous.

5 Courtney August 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm

LOL! It’s sour cream and onion dip and cauliflower, both just dyed blue :)

6 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire August 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Oh my goshhhhhhhh, he is so cute and SMILEY! I love seeing babies smile-it’s quite possibly the cutest thing in the world!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Relive the Weekend

7 Shel@PeachyPalate August 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Coconut rum?! Sounds amazing!!! Lucas looks so long! And the sandals are incredibly cute!!!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Truly life changing….bread!

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots August 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Is that blue cauliflower? I am sorry but Lucas is just soo stinking cute I cannot get over it!! He seems like such a joy!

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! And congrats on the gold medal, Mama! ;) I’m so glad you told us about the Walgreens app! I have a TON of Baby Hunter photos on my phone that I would love to get printed.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Zucchini Pancake Quick Bread

10 Laura @losingrace August 26, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Congrats on another gold medal year, a real force to be reckoned with! :)

Lucas is adorable, glad he held up better at the party, I’m sure he just loved all the attention!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..Wineglass Training Week 5 (with a side of RICE).

11 Maria@TheBrooklynFig August 26, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I’m so envious of your friend’s huge yard- it’s perfect for an event like that! Great job on your 2 year gold :) Looks like lots of fun
Maria@TheBrooklynFig recently posted..The Hat Lady

12 Heather @fitncookies August 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Your weekend looks perfect! I love that you were not only able to leave Lucas with others and play, but that you enjoyed yourself and won!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..MIMM with a beautiful weekend!

13 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 26, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! The summer yard Olympics sounds like soooo much fun, and the food spread is gorgeous!

4 weeks old…time flies!!! Lucas is such a cutie though!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MIMM #8 – Lake George Vacation

14 Lauren August 26, 2013 at 4:08 pm

So jealous of all the fun stuff you and your friends do! :) You are looking awesome too, by the way!!

15 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 26, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Those jello shots look way fancier than the kinds I’ve made…

16 Caitie @ twentytwofit August 26, 2013 at 4:30 pm

that backyard Olympics looks so fun! My boyfriend and I do that at the end of every summer between the two of us…races, basketball, soccer, cornhole…it’s a random mix but we always have so much fun :) and it would be even MORE fun in the context that you guys do it – with a bunch of friends! congrats on that gold ;)
Caitie @ twentytwofit recently posted..New Car + Photo Dump

17 Xai August 26, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Lucas looks so cute in that hoodie!

Oh and Miley Cyrus? I think she’s trying waaay to hard to be “adult”.
Xai recently posted..Midweek Funnies!

18 sara @ fitcupcaker August 26, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I wish I had an Iphone so I could use that app, how cool is that!
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Recipe Friday: Trail Mix Cookies

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Those Summer Yard Olympics seriously sound like so much fun, and congrats on defending your title ;) Miley… oh man, I have no words for that girl. It’s either an attempt to garner more attention, or girlfriend has seriously lost it. N’Sync, on the other hand? Talk about nostalgia <3
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... no bake almond fudge protein bars .

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Thanks for the tip on the photo app! I rarely whip out the big camera anymore!

21 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog August 26, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Oh those Olympics look like so much fun! Congrats on your repeat gold medal ;-). Lucas looks precious as usual. I love his sweatshirt. I didn’t get to see the VMAs but I watched the N Sync Reunion online…I wish it had been longer!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..When Dogs Fly and Oreos Fry

22 Pat August 26, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I hope some of those prints are for meeee!!!!!

23 Jessica K. August 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I agree with the Miley comments, she was a bit over the top! And I know when she was out there with Robin Thicke her moves were all part of the rehearsed routine, but twerking on a 36 year old husband and father I found to be a bit inappropriate even though it was only a performance…
Jessica K. recently posted..Bentgo Review

24 Melissa@Forloveandtravel August 26, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Sounds like a great weekend. Little Lucas is so cute, I loved the pic of his tongue sticking out and his little arms moving. Just darling!! My Sister uses the Walgreen App, and just loves it. I have yet to do it, but I really need to look into it, because it’s so much faster, and now I lived right next to a Walgreens which is perfect. Can’t wait to see more pictures of how fast he’s growing.
Melissa@Forloveandtravel recently posted..There Is A First For Everything

25 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance August 26, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Oh Lucas looks so adorable! You can already see so many changes in just one month! Sounds like you guys are really getting into a routine, which is great! Congrats on the gold medal!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Savoring Summer with Tropical Tacos

26 Lauren August 26, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Wow that is some serious party planning! I love the Olympic rings…it made for such a great spread of food!
Lauren recently posted..Megan’s birthday in the city!

27 Lauren August 26, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I was questioning if I was seeing things during Miley Cyrus’ performance. I started feeling embarrassed FOR her. It was totally worth putting myself through it though to watch NSYNC. My little girl heart was happy last night. <3

28 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun August 26, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I love that you all do this! Such a fun time! Lucas looks so adorable! :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Sweaty Treadmill Tempo Workout

29 Leigha @ Minougirl August 26, 2013 at 7:42 pm

You seriously have the neatest friends. Someday I’ll throw an Olympic party! I am just loving that dinner. I can’t get over it for some reason haha. And I am definitely going to go download that app! So cool!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..8th Grade Recognition

30 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! August 26, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Omg thank you for sharing that Walgreens app about the pics, didn’t know that and that is way cool!
And that looks like an amazing (and colorful!) food spread. Yum!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Meals + Grocery List For The Week

31 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 26, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Congrats on that repeat gold medal! Lucas looks just dandy, with or without hair ;)
That crispy chicken looks so good! Now I want chicken fingers.
I am scarred for life by Miley Cyrus. My childhood is ruined (I’m 17, so I grew up watching her on Disney).
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Sweating Puddles

32 Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes August 26, 2013 at 8:20 pm

JT was amazing!!!! N’SYNC reunion!!!
Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Review: Ellicottville Brewing Co.

33 Kristi August 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Lucas looks super cute in his outfits! I can’t believe he’ll be 4 weeks. Times does fly by.
Miley was a train wreck last night. I sat there in shock.
Kristi recently posted..The Midnight Shift

34 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 26, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Love the Lucas pictures! What a little cutie!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Meal Plan Monday: 8/26

35 Danica @ It's Progression August 26, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Congrats on the gold medal! That sounds like such a fun tradition :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Half Marathon #4 Race Recap

36 Olivia @healthylivy August 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Ahhh Lucas is so cute! I can’t wait to have a little baby one day (:
Olivia @healthylivy recently posted..Balsamic chicken

37 Emily @ Life on Food August 27, 2013 at 6:10 am

The Olympics look so much fun. It took me a second with the food colors. Glad things are getting to be the new normal.
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Vinegar Slaw With Cucumbers And Dill

38 Karen August 27, 2013 at 8:56 am

What a fun weekend you had and congrats on the gold!! Way to dominate!! Little man is just too cute for words!!
Karen recently posted..Let’s Workout

39 Brittany O August 27, 2013 at 9:40 am

We just tried that recipe also. We added old bay the bread crumbs and it was delicious! BTW Lucas is adorable. Congratulations!

40 Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl August 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

oh wow congrats on the gold medal!!!!!! woohoo. Lucas is adorable…love his little tongue sticking out!
EW I know Miley was raunchy and just plain BAD. I couldn’t believe it. Like she isn’t even attractive to make that at least a little less horrid. ughhhhh.
Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl recently posted..Bachelorette Party in Columbus

41 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love August 27, 2013 at 9:52 am

Thanks for the photo app tip!
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..The Baby’s Room

42 Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 27, 2013 at 11:58 am

Such an ADORABLE baby! Congrats on your gold medal!
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper recently posted..Black Bean, Corn, and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

43 Nala August 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Awww, Lucas gets even more adorable as time goes by. It’s great that you have a summer yard olympics and congratulations for bringing home the gold! The food also looks great!