1. I can’t believe it’s already Friday. I sort of feel like this week flew by and all sort of blended in together. It’s been a busy one too – Lucas and I traveled down to the softball fields 3 nights in a row this week. Lucky for me, he loves it down there!
2. I think over the course of the past three days, I’ve maybe eaten three vegetables. Maybe. And by three, I mean a tomato slice on a turkey sandwich, lettuce on same said sandwich, and spinach in one of my smoothies yesterday. It’s sad.
3. It really amazes me just how much time a teeny tiny, 9lb 5 oz little boy can take up. Having somebody so dependent on you is really an amazing, awesome thing. I just make sure that most tasks I need to do throughout the day can be done while multitasking.
4. Can I just complain very briefly about how much I’m already over the whole cleaning and sterilizing of breastpump parts and bottles? Man, talk about a process! (P.S. – I have had some of you ask and yes, I am exclusively breastfeeding. I started pumping once a day at about 2 weeks and have been giving Lucas an occasional bottle to get used to it for once I’m back to work in October. I’m extremely lucky that he has been a great eater right from the beginning, and has no problem breastfeeding or taking a bottle. PLUS, that means mommy and daddy need to have a date night soon!).
5. My brother and his girlfriend moved into their new house this week! I’m so happy and excited for them and am hoping to make it over there sometime this weekend to visit. You may remember when they were renovating? Well, it looks totally different now!
6. I need to give a huuuuuuge “Congratulations!” shout out to my girl, Chelsey, who gave birth to her two beautiful little twin girls. I’ve been talking with her all week and knew how ready she was to have them arrive. Awww, so many babies!!
8. We just received Lucas’ birth announcements in the mail yesterday (we ordered from Tiny Prints) and I’m so excited to send them out! Once I get them out in the mail, I’ll share with you guys. Promise.
9. This past week I did an upper body weights workout and WOW my arms were sore! Plus, I think my elbows are permanently sore now from carrying around little man’s car seat (that thing is HEAVY). I think I may attempt the upper body weights again today since I’m feeling back to normal. It feels sooooo good.
10. Although it has been amazing to have some of our freezer dinners available and on hand, I must say…I really wish I had some premade meals for breakfast and lunch. I think those are harder to squeeze in some days than others! I need some ideas for breakfast especially…anyone have any good make-ahead meal ideas for breakfast? Send ‘em my way!
Happy, happy Friday to you all and happy almost-September! Once September hits you know what that means…time to have All. The. Pumpkin!