Fun Facts Friday {8/30}

1. I can’t believe it’s already Friday. I sort of feel like this week flew by and all sort of blended in together. It’s been a busy one too – Lucas and I traveled down to the softball fields 3 nights in a row this week. Lucky for me, he loves it down there!

2. I think over the course of the past three days, I’ve maybe eaten three vegetables. Maybe. And by three, I mean a tomato slice on a turkey sandwich, lettuce on same said sandwich, and spinach in one of my smoothies yesterday. It’s sad.

3. It really amazes me just how much time a teeny tiny, 9lb 5 oz little boy can take up. Having somebody so dependent on you is really an amazing, awesome thing. I just make sure that most tasks I need to do throughout the day can be done while multitasking.

4. Can I just complain very briefly about how much I’m already over the whole cleaning and sterilizing of breastpump parts and bottles? Man, talk about a process! (P.S. – I have had some of you ask and yes, I am exclusively breastfeeding. I started pumping once a day at about 2 weeks and have been giving Lucas an occasional bottle to get used to it for once I’m back to work in October. I’m extremely lucky that he has been a great eater right from the beginning, and has no problem breastfeeding or taking a bottle. PLUS, that means mommy and daddy need to have a date night soon!).

5. My brother and his girlfriend moved into their new house this week! I’m so happy and excited for them and am hoping to make it over there sometime this weekend to visit. You may remember when they were renovating? Well, it looks totally different now!

6. I need to give a huuuuuuge “Congratulations!” shout out to my girl, Chelsey, who gave birth to her two beautiful little twin girls. I’ve been talking with her all week and knew how ready she was to have them arrive. Awww, so many babies!!

7. I want to bake some cookies this weekend. Badly. I’m thinking I may have to make these. Or these. Both are always amazing standby’s.

8. We just received Lucas’ birth announcements in the mail yesterday (we ordered from Tiny Prints) and I’m so excited to send them out! Once I get them out in the mail, I’ll share with you guys. Promise.

9. This past week I did an upper body weights workout and WOW my arms were sore! Plus, I think my elbows are permanently sore now from carrying around little man’s car seat (that thing is HEAVY). I think I may attempt the upper body weights again today since I’m feeling back to normal. It feels sooooo good.

10. Although it has been amazing to have some of our freezer dinners available and on hand, I must say…I really wish I had some premade meals for breakfast and lunch. I think those are harder to squeeze in some days than others! I need some ideas for breakfast especially…anyone have any good make-ahead meal ideas for breakfast? Send ‘em my way!

Happy, happy Friday to you all and happy almost-September! Once September hits you know what that means…time to have All. The. Pumpkin!

• Courtney says

Yes we are. We found a sitter who does it out of her home who lives right up the road from us, so it’s nice and convenient!

1. Erika says

Pancakes! I make up a big batch of pancakes almost every Sunday to keep in the freezer and eat throughout the week. Works well with waffles too.

Brittany at Healthy Slice of Life has a post on breakfast burritos for the freezer that look good but I haven’t made them yet.

2. allison says

Quiche is a perfect make ahead for breakfast or lunch, and a great way to sneak in lots of veggies. I cut mine (or bake in muffin tins) and freeze individually, defrost overnight and microwave at meal time. Lots of protein and veggies, serve with some wheat toast.

• Nicole says

Absolutely agree with Allison! I was thinking the same thing! Mini egg cups – different flavor combinations: Denver Omelette, Asparagus & Tomato, Mix of Peppers & Onions.

Also, what about doing individual containers of overnight oats in a jar then adding blueberries or strawberries or peaches in the morning?

Have a terrific weekend!

3. Tiffani says

Breakfast cookies have been my go-to breakfasts for the past 4 months. It’s that good, so convenient, and I don’t think i’ll get sick of them anytime soon. The ingredients are just mashed bananas, oats, applesauce, raisins, and walnuts (or whatever add-in you’d prefer!)

For make ahead breakfasts I love overnight oats, but if you get bored with that, Kath’s baked oatmeal is a great option! ( ) Or you can try making a big batch of French toasts and just toast ’em up each morning.
    I’m so excited for Chelsey!!
    Have a great Labor Day weekend, Courtney! Glad to hear things are going well with Lucas :) And with the arm workout!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #2

5. Luci says

I was just about to post the recipe that Holly mention! I made a batch and froze half of them. They are great to pull out of the freezer.

That is awesome that you’re hitting the weights already. Go you!

I’d say chobani single serve cups, whole grain cereal w/milk, and baked oatmeal are all awesome for b-fast. As is Kodiak Cakes–sooo easy with that mix!

I love sandwiches–so precut turkey or cheese would make that a snap!

Have a good weekend :)
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {6}

7. Lynn says

I vote for the Heath bar cookies!!

In regards to the bottle sterilization, I personally didnt do it after the initial sterilization of the pieces. I read that it’s not recommended now like it used to be, as long as you do it that first time. Ask your pediatrician what they recommend.

For breakfast, I’d recommend making a large quiche that you can chip away over the week!

Make a batch of baked oats with lots of berries in, a good four portions and serve with fresh fruit and nut butter! Overnight oats, chia pudding (chia seeds and milk of choice mixed with mashed banana and topped withe fresh fruit and nut butter!) Chop veggies, cook grains, make hummus and have some canned beans, chickpeas and avocado on hand to make quick lunches! Tahini and nut butter make for a great drizzle!Roast extra veggies when making dinner to do you for a couple of days for tastier salads!
    Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..The versatile veggie

9. april says

i’d suggest making overnight oats and then you can add in your toppings in the morning (banana slices or fresh strawberries maybe – any fruit really!). it’s my go-to quick and easy breakfast, plus it’s filling :)

Oh my gosh, Chelsey gave birth?!!! Headed over there in a minute!
    And the breakfast type foods that I like to make ahead of time are healthy/wholesome breads, like banana bread with chocolate avocado cream, etc. Something I can bake and slice whenever I’m craving it is good in my opinion :)
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Why I Love These Blogs

Overnight oats, crockpot steel cut oats, large batches of pancakes, baked oats in mason jars, or just portioning out oats in batches and grabbing them to go (just throw in hot water) – all great breakfasts.

For lunches I make huge batches of different quinoa salad combinations that can easily be switched up with a few extra ingredients. I have a ton of variations on my blog :)

Congrats on the new addition! Juggling mommyhood is a constant challenge but so amazingly worth it!
    Katie @ The Almost Vegan recently posted..Vegan Vanilla Blueberry Banana Pancakes

I love overnight oats for a super quick breakfast! All it takes is literally like 3 minutes the night before. The recipe I use is 1/2 cup oats, 1-6oz container of Chobani, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1 tsp chia seeds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just mix it together and in the morning and peanut butter and any fruit or toppings you’d like! They also keep me full for a long time too :)

13. Julie says

I EP for my twins and I read on a breastfeeding website that you can actually store your pumping parts in the fridge in a ziplock bag between pumpings! I usually only sterilize the parts at night and it saves a ton of time with my twins!

14. Jessica says

I swear, I didn’t consistently eat vegetables until my son was a few months old, lol. And I was always a HUGE veggie lover. They just seemed so complicated during the early days of constant nursing and no sleep. I don’t know why!! Don’t be too hard on yourself, you are doing great!

I like to make overnight oats, smoothies and breakfast cookie dough cereal at night so I can grab and go in the morning. You can find my favorite recipes for these meals at

Sometimes I make overnight oats in the blender jar, stick it in the fridge and blend the ingredients into a smoothie in the morning. The smoothies taste “doughy” in a way. So good! :)
    Brianna K. @ Hungry Gator Gal recently posted..Friday’s Favorite Food Finds + Making Health a Priority