Fun Facts Friday {9/20}

by Courtney on September 20, 2013

1. Blogging is really just such a cool thing. Not only has it given me so many wonderful opportunities, but it’s also brought me so many new friends from all over…and generous friends, at that! Just recently, I received this super thoughtful gift from my lovely friend Shayla.

Isn’t that just adorable and so sweet? (she said she made it at Shutterfly – it’s a stand up frame)

And then just yesterday, I (okay, Lucas) received this great package from Ashlee (who is also the same awesome lady who sent me my favorite camera strap last year).

People are just so generous, I’ll tell ya. And I’m just so darn appreciative and thankful for that. Smile

2. Yesterday, Lucas and I had the most fabulous walk. The weather was perfect, Pandora was rockin’ some great tunes, and we walked for almost an hour, giving mama a great workout.

3. My love for coffee has returned full swing. If I could, I would probably drink it three times a day. Unfortunately, my tummy doesn’t seem to agree with me. And I’m sure Lucas wouldn’t be a fan of that either. But my gosh does it taste goooood.

4. Guess what’s back in the breakfast rotation? The egg, provolone, and jam sandwich!

And, apparently, I’m skipping ahead a bit on my seasons with that plate, huh? Winking smile

5. Last week, I ordered this book from Amazon for a wicked awesome price (it’s used).

I’ve heard the book can be controversial, but I’m still curious about it and am excited to read it.

6. HOWEVER…finding time to actually read it could prove to be interesting. I’m already a bit behind on my magazine reading…

Oooof.

7. Yesterday I placed a big ol’ order on iHerb so I’ll be all stocked up now on some of my favorites…like Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. Yes, please!

iherb

(And remember, you can use my coupon code SAZ564 to get $5.00 off your first order!)

8. Have all of my fellow iPhone users upgraded to the new iOS 7? I’m still trying to get used to it so I can’t decide if I love it yet or not. I also didn’t realize that it changed my ringtones…my phone started ringing yesterday and I had NO idea what it was since I wasn’t used to the ringer.

9. I never thought I’d say it, but I’m actually sorta diggin’ country music these days. I mostly blame this on our friend, Jeff, who seems to be the one who got it started; but then I also blame my husband, since he’s the one who’s been playing it in the car/at home/everywhere. Neither of us ever thought we’d be country music fans…who knew?

10. If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve probably already seen this, BUT…earlier this week, Jay and I put up Lucas’s name decal for his nursery and I am totally in LOVE with it.

I ordered it off of Etsy (from Tweet Heart Wall Art) and I seriously could not be happier with it. It’s exactly what I wanted (and the seller was SUPER awesome and easy to work with – I’d highly recommend her!)

That’s all I’ve got for ya today. Time to go shower and attempt to get ready for the day before Lucas wakes up. We’re supposed to be going to visit his great grandma today, which I’m pretty excited about!

Have a fabulous Friday and an awesome weekend, friends! Talk soon! xoxo Smile

1 Jessica September 20, 2013 at 9:48 am

I have to say, I read that book and it was helpful for me. I also read the book “The Happiest Baby on the Block” and that helped me too!
I love the cute outfits for Halloween for Lucas they are so adorable! And don’t worry about your magazine stack mine is about 5 times that many, it happens!
Have a good weekend!
Jessica recently posted..Hello 2nd Trimester!!

2 Hope @ With a Side Of Hope September 20, 2013 at 9:54 am

I love the wall decal of Lucas’ name! So cute!! :)
Hope @ With a Side Of Hope recently posted..Fun Finds Friday: Bath & Body Items…

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 20, 2013 at 9:55 am

Justin’s nut butters are one of those very popular blog things that I haven’t tried yet. Every time I see it in the store I can’t seem to get my head around the big price tag!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Avoiding Controversy

4 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 20, 2013 at 9:59 am

The stand up frame is gorgeous! What a thoughtful gift! I still haven’t tried Justin’s nut butters yet, but lately that’s all I’ve been seeing about on the blogs, so I think I need to give it a try. All the flavor options sound wonderful!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} A Slightly Modified Version of Power Foods Friday

5 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian September 20, 2013 at 10:01 am

The weather has been so beautiful lately, huh!? I too am still getting used to iOS7. Still not sure if I like it – it’s been sucking my phone’s battery life like no other! Happy weekend!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Thoughts on Marathon Training…So Far

6 Ashlee@HisnHers September 20, 2013 at 10:09 am

I’m a huge country music junkie, but I guess growing up in Texas will do that to a girl! Looks like things are getting back to normal for ya!

7 Julie @ Better Life with Burgers September 20, 2013 at 10:15 am

I think I have that many magazines stockpiled, and I don’t have an infant! You’ll get to them eventually. :-)

Happy Friday!
Julie @ Better Life with Burgers recently posted..One More Update

8 Stacey M. September 20, 2013 at 10:16 am

It was absolutely gorgeous in Upstate New York yesterday … I too went out for an hour long walk and loved every minute of it! I’m not sure how many more of these kind of days we’ll get anymore … I wanted to be sure to take advantage of it.
And I’m so glad you’re becoming more of a fan of country music! My parents always listened to it while I was growing up, so it’s been a part of my life for a long time. Back in the day, it seemed NOBODY liked it but me but now since it has become more and more like pop music, I’ve noticed more of my friends are actually jammin’ to it all the time. There are still a bunch of songs that I just do not like, but I love having country music on while I’m cleaning the house on Sundays. It’s relaxing and sometimes when a good song comes on, I’ll take a break and dance around the living room for a bit. Not ashamed to admit that.

9 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 20, 2013 at 10:17 am

You know how much of a Baby Wise fan I am! Once I started reading it, I realized that I totally agree with what they’re saying…I kept nodding my head at everything. Guess I’m just not as much for the “attachment parenting” style and more about the “parent guided schedule” style, but that’s just me! Hope you enjoy it.

LOVE the wall decal! Adorable!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Full Fat vs. Fat Free

10 Lisa September 20, 2013 at 10:21 am

I have to say that country music definitely does grow on you. I never really liked it that much a few years ago and now I LOVE it. :-)

I LOVE that Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter. I just stocked up on it this week and may or may not have bought 4 containers of it since it was on sale. :-)
Lisa recently posted..Happy Hump Day

11 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life September 20, 2013 at 10:29 am

I ran 3.5 miles while studying over psychology notes yesterday. I have my first exam today and I’m nervous! I walked another 2.5 after that studying even more. I’d MUCH rather be pushing a stroller with an adorable baby though:) Haha! I’m super behind on magazine reading too. I have 2 bridal magazines and Shape Mag!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Soft {Day 20}

12 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 20, 2013 at 10:30 am

I haven’t downloaded the iOS 7 yet because I’ve heard mixed things about it. Everyone said its very Android-ish so Im not sure if ill like it.
Love the name decal! The colors match perfect!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Physical Therapy Win

13 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 20, 2013 at 10:32 am

LOVE Florida Georgia Line! I am hooked on their music right now. Thanks for the iherb coupon code, too! I have been wanting to try out the site. Now I have an extra reason to!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Healthy Living Summit Recap #3: The Conference

14 Jamie @ September 20, 2013 at 10:35 am

That picture frame is positively adorable and just so thoughtful.

Love Florida Georgia Line too. Seriously, they are the epitome of “feel good” music. Join the club of people who never though they’d be country music fans. I’m from Omaha, so it’s always been ingrained in my head. But, when I met my BF (a Jersey boy), he hated country. Now, he loves it, and even his best friend (who is very macho) loves it too!

I am loving your magazine collection…I read them all minus the Parents magazines but I actually find useful things in those magazines as well sometimes.

Happy Friday!
Jamie @ recently posted..A Sinfully Sweet Sugar Cereal Recipe

15 Lauren September 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love the wall decal! It’s unique which is pretty awesome. I like the big L in the background. Is it cheaper to buy things off of iHerb? I always get my nut butters at Giant, so I’m never sure if it would be cheaper with shipping and everything.

16 Heidi September 20, 2013 at 10:41 am

baby wise is AMAZING. it has helped me SO MUCH and i feel like we’ve made a lot of progress from the 4 month sleep regression that seemed to have seeped into the 5 almost 6 month mark.

It’s super easy to skim and pick up the main points without feeling like you need to read the whole thing at once, i finished it in a couple of days by reading a couple chapters at night after baby went to bed :)
Heidi recently posted..Moms Night In with Barefoot Refresh

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 11:00 am

I know what you mean about bloggers being some of the absolute -best- people. After getting to meet so many of them in person at HLS last weekend, it kills me that we can’t all live in the same place. But at least we have the online community :D And have you ever tried Justin’s maple AB? I had my first taste of it yesterday, and holy.snap is it ever good.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... a nutty day .

18 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change September 20, 2013 at 11:09 am

Looks like it has been a great couple of days for you! That weather? Amazing! It has been dreary here in MN, which is actually appreciated. It makes me want to go to Barnes & Noble to browse and spend the rest of the day under a blanket. I love the wall art – thanks for giving the recommendation for the site! And I’ve tried to get coffee into my routine but it messes with my stomach as well! And it gives me anxiety, so I think I’ll just stick to tea!
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..Getting the Knots Out.

19 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes September 20, 2013 at 11:26 am

That name decal is precious!!! I love meeting blogger friends, I agree they are super generous!
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..The BEST morning and a silent night.

20 Carissa September 20, 2013 at 11:34 am

I read baby-wise before my daughter (now 13 months) was born and I think there is some great info in there. I would just say, like with anything, read it with a head on your shoulders. It’s when people take things to extremes and forget to use their brains that problems arise and I think that is where a lot of the controversy has around the book as come from.

21 Carissa September 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I forgot to mention, if you like the book you should check out http://www.babywisemom.com. I found her blog to be even more helpful when it comes to “how” to actually implement things and trouble shoot where as the book is sometimes more focused on the “why”.

22 danielle September 20, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I totally second the recommendation for that blog–she does a great job of deciphering BW and talking about how to actually implement it. It was my go-to for troubleshooting!

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 20, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I absolutely adore Lucas’ art decal! That seriously looks so nice, I’m happy you were able to find one that you wanted! And the people in the blogging community are amazing…kind of wish we all lived in one place, but we make it work online ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 09/20/13.

24 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl September 20, 2013 at 1:13 pm

The decal is beyond adorable!! Coffee sounds so good right now… it’s raining outside and I would love to have a cup. Have a great weekend!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Cucumber Sauce

25 Susan September 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I read almost every baby sleep book out there when my boys were babies. I made myself crazy with spreadsheets and sleep charts. I think it’s so important to recognize that babies need sleep and are much happier when they are rested (and so is Mama), but don’t beat yourself up if it doesn’t go exactly as you expect. Lucas’s sleep patterns will change a lot over the next few months. Think of it as following a routine more than a set schedule. You are doing a great job!

26 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine September 20, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I’m still getting used to the new i0s as well! So confusing! hmmmm! But I like the new backgrounds!! :)

27 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun September 20, 2013 at 2:25 pm

At first iOS7 took some getting used to, but now I like it! Its much cleaner looking. How awesome are blog friends!?! And what cute stuff you got!! Enjoy your weekend with your little man :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Things Friday – 9/20/2013

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Love the decal! So cute! And I agree about blogging. I’ve made some great friendships through it! :) Hope you and your family have a great weekend, Courtney!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A little randomness for your Friday.

29 Annette@FitnessPerks September 20, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I LOVE the decal!!! It’s perfect.

And that frame with the pics & such?? So precious.

I like iOs7…it did take time to get used to it though, for sure.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Friday Confessions {7}

30 Kelly September 20, 2013 at 3:39 pm

You can make some really cool things on Shutterfly…. I really like that one for Lucas!! And I also love the wall decal in his room. That is so similar to something I would want. Love it! Have a great weekend!!
Kelly recently posted..Lasagna is the Reason I Have Trust Issues

31 emily September 20, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I really liked babywise and it was pretty helpful to us. I don’t even get why its so controversial, but I know people are sensitive when it comes to parenting. But one of the best parts about the book is that its not very long and an easy read which is super ideal with a newborn right? I had to laugh when I picked up baby advice books that were some 500 pages, thinking “I will never find time to read that” Lucas is so cute!!

32 Shel@PeachyPalate September 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I’m in need of an iHerb order…possibly tonight! I’ve never tried the cinnamon and raisin PB and Co….love the white chocolate wonderful as a treat! Country music is a real mama thing :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..A brownie to please the masses

33 Reghan September 20, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I loved Baby Wise and The Baby Whisperer. I kind of read both and used the scheduling out of baby wise to get my little man on a great schedule. He’s been sleeping through the night since 5.5 months (he’s 13 months now) 12 hrs a night! He’s also a champion napper, great eater and just a generally happy and easy baby! I don’t think it’s all coincidence ;)

34 Reghan September 20, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Also, baby wise was really easy to read because I would just read up to the chapter I needed and then as he got older, wake times got longer etc then I would read the next section when I had time.
Love the wall decal!!

35 Brittney @ Brittney Breathing September 20, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Have you ever take Aloe Vera capsules for an upset stomach? Since you mentioned coffee hurts your tummy (does mine too!) I thought I would mention it. I take one every day and it has been life changing!! You can also get them on iHerb for a decent price :)
Brittney @ Brittney Breathing recently posted..List Lovin’ Thursday

36 Tara@PNWRunner September 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm

What a cute gift from your friend! Looks like you did work shopping on Iherb. I haven’t Justins Vanilla Almond butter before. Oh gosh, I need it in my life!
Tara@PNWRunner recently posted..What the Bake Friday

37 Shari September 21, 2013 at 8:14 am

Love the name decal! The stars add such a nice touch.
Shari recently posted..Portrait of a soon-to-be-querying writer.

38 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

My magazines have stacked up like crazy lately too! The holder I keep them in even broke yesterday after I tried to jam one more in there…oops! But for now, I decided not to renew my magazine subscriptions until I can catch up. (Which works because they all are ending in the next month or so). ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sunday Confessions #14

39 Angie September 22, 2013 at 6:57 pm

We love Babywise. We tried it out because my friend’s kids are great sleepers. Sometimes we were not as strict with it but once my husband starte traveling for work and I went back to teaching I needed a good night of sleep. Our little boy is such a happy boy and I think a lot of it is he’s getting the rest he needs. Also, he didn’t consistently sleep through the night until 6 months but he went down for naps and after late night feedings easily because we followed that book. Good luck!

40 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm

My magazine pile looks exactly the same… I’m so far behind!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 9/22