Fun Facts Friday {9/20}

1. Blogging is really just such a cool thing. Not only has it given me so many wonderful opportunities, but it’s also brought me so many new friends from all over…and generous friends, at that! Just recently, I received this super thoughtful gift from my lovely friend Shayla.

Isn’t that just adorable and so sweet? (she said she made it at Shutterfly – it’s a stand up frame)

And then just yesterday, I (okay, Lucas) received this great package from Ashlee (who is also the same awesome lady who sent me my favorite camera strap last year).

People are just so generous, I’ll tell ya. And I’m just so darn appreciative and thankful for that. Smile

2. Yesterday, Lucas and I had the most fabulous walk. The weather was perfect, Pandora was rockin’ some great tunes, and we walked for almost an hour, giving mama a great workout.

3. My love for coffee has returned full swing. If I could, I would probably drink it three times a day. Unfortunately, my tummy doesn’t seem to agree with me. And I’m sure Lucas wouldn’t be a fan of that either. But my gosh does it taste goooood.

4. Guess what’s back in the breakfast rotation? The egg, provolone, and jam sandwich!

And, apparently, I’m skipping ahead a bit on my seasons with that plate, huh? Winking smile

5. Last week, I ordered this book from Amazon for a wicked awesome price (it’s used).

I’ve heard the book can be controversial, but I’m still curious about it and am excited to read it.

6. HOWEVER…finding time to actually read it could prove to be interesting. I’m already a bit behind on my magazine reading…

Oooof.

7. Yesterday I placed a big ol’ order on iHerb so I’ll be all stocked up now on some of my favorites…like Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. Yes, please!

iherb

(And remember, you can use my coupon code SAZ564 to get $5.00 off your first order!)

8. Have all of my fellow iPhone users upgraded to the new iOS 7? I’m still trying to get used to it so I can’t decide if I love it yet or not. I also didn’t realize that it changed my ringtones…my phone started ringing yesterday and I had NO idea what it was since I wasn’t used to the ringer.

9. I never thought I’d say it, but I’m actually sorta diggin’ country music these days. I mostly blame this on our friend, Jeff, who seems to be the one who got it started; but then I also blame my husband, since he’s the one who’s been playing it in the car/at home/everywhere. Neither of us ever thought we’d be country music fans…who knew?

10. If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve probably already seen this, BUT…earlier this week, Jay and I put up Lucas’s name decal for his nursery and I am totally in LOVE with it.

I ordered it off of Etsy (from Tweet Heart Wall Art) and I seriously could not be happier with it. It’s exactly what I wanted (and the seller was SUPER awesome and easy to work with – I’d highly recommend her!)

That’s all I’ve got for ya today. Time to go shower and attempt to get ready for the day before Lucas wakes up. We’re supposed to be going to visit his great grandma today, which I’m pretty excited about!

Have a fabulous Friday and an awesome weekend, friends! Talk soon! xoxo Smile

Comments

I have to say, I read that book and it was helpful for me. I also read the book “The Happiest Baby on the Block” and that helped me too!
    I love the cute outfits for Halloween for Lucas they are so adorable! And don’t worry about your magazine stack mine is about 5 times that many, it happens!
    Have a good weekend!
    Jessica recently posted..Hello 2nd Trimester!!

2. Stacey M. says

It was absolutely gorgeous in Upstate New York yesterday … I too went out for an hour long walk and loved every minute of it! I’m not sure how many more of these kind of days we’ll get anymore … I wanted to be sure to take advantage of it.
    And I’m so glad you’re becoming more of a fan of country music! My parents always listened to it while I was growing up, so it’s been a part of my life for a long time. Back in the day, it seemed NOBODY liked it but me but now since it has become more and more like pop music, I’ve noticed more of my friends are actually jammin’ to it all the time. There are still a bunch of songs that I just do not like, but I love having country music on while I’m cleaning the house on Sundays. It’s relaxing and sometimes when a good song comes on, I’ll take a break and dance around the living room for a bit. Not ashamed to admit that.

You know how much of a Baby Wise fan I am! Once I started reading it, I realized that I totally agree with what they’re saying…I kept nodding my head at everything. Guess I’m just not as much for the “attachment parenting” style and more about the “parent guided schedule” style, but that’s just me! Hope you enjoy it.

LOVE the wall decal! Adorable!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Full Fat vs. Fat Free

I have to say that country music definitely does grow on you. I never really liked it that much a few years ago and now I LOVE it. :-)

I LOVE that Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter. I just stocked up on it this week and may or may not have bought 4 containers of it since it was on sale. :-)
    Lisa recently posted..Happy Hump Day

I ran 3.5 miles while studying over psychology notes yesterday. I have my first exam today and I’m nervous! I walked another 2.5 after that studying even more. I’d MUCH rather be pushing a stroller with an adorable baby though:) Haha! I’m super behind on magazine reading too. I have 2 bridal magazines and Shape Mag!
    Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Soft {Day 20}

That picture frame is positively adorable and just so thoughtful.

Love Florida Georgia Line too. Seriously, they are the epitome of “feel good” music. Join the club of people who never though they’d be country music fans. I’m from Omaha, so it’s always been ingrained in my head. But, when I met my BF (a Jersey boy), he hated country. Now, he loves it, and even his best friend (who is very macho) loves it too!

I am loving your magazine collection…I read them all minus the Parents magazines but I actually find useful things in those magazines as well sometimes.

Happy Friday!
    Jamie @ recently posted..A Sinfully Sweet Sugar Cereal Recipe

I love the wall decal! It’s unique which is pretty awesome. I like the big L in the background. Is it cheaper to buy things off of iHerb? I always get my nut butters at Giant, so I’m never sure if it would be cheaper with shipping and everything.

baby wise is AMAZING. it has helped me SO MUCH and i feel like we’ve made a lot of progress from the 4 month sleep regression that seemed to have seeped into the 5 almost 6 month mark.

It’s super easy to skim and pick up the main points without feeling like you need to read the whole thing at once, i finished it in a couple of days by reading a couple chapters at night after baby went to bed :)
    Heidi recently posted..Moms Night In with Barefoot Refresh

I know what you mean about bloggers being some of the absolute -best- people. After getting to meet so many of them in person at HLS last weekend, it kills me that we can’t all live in the same place. But at least we have the online community 😀 And have you ever tried Justin’s maple AB? I had my first taste of it yesterday, and holy.snap is it ever good.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... a nutty day .

Looks like it has been a great couple of days for you! That weather? Amazing! It has been dreary here in MN, which is actually appreciated. It makes me want to go to Barnes & Noble to browse and spend the rest of the day under a blanket. I love the wall art – thanks for giving the recommendation for the site! And I’ve tried to get coffee into my routine but it messes with my stomach as well! And it gives me anxiety, so I think I’ll just stick to tea!
    Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..Getting the Knots Out.

11. Carissa says

I read baby-wise before my daughter (now 13 months) was born and I think there is some great info in there. I would just say, like with anything, read it with a head on your shoulders. It’s when people take things to extremes and forget to use their brains that problems arise and I think that is where a lot of the controversy has around the book as come from.

• Carissa says

I forgot to mention, if you like the book you should check out http://www.babywisemom.com. I found her blog to be even more helpful when it comes to “how” to actually implement things and trouble shoot where as the book is sometimes more focused on the “why”.

• danielle says

I totally second the recommendation for that blog–she does a great job of deciphering BW and talking about how to actually implement it. It was my go-to for troubleshooting!

12. Susan says

I read almost every baby sleep book out there when my boys were babies. I made myself crazy with spreadsheets and sleep charts. I think it’s so important to recognize that babies need sleep and are much happier when they are rested (and so is Mama), but don’t beat yourself up if it doesn’t go exactly as you expect. Lucas’s sleep patterns will change a lot over the next few months. Think of it as following a routine more than a set schedule. You are doing a great job!

13. emily says

I really liked babywise and it was pretty helpful to us. I don’t even get why its so controversial, but I know people are sensitive when it comes to parenting. But one of the best parts about the book is that its not very long and an easy read which is super ideal with a newborn right? I had to laugh when I picked up baby advice books that were some 500 pages, thinking “I will never find time to read that” Lucas is so cute!!

14. Reghan says

I loved Baby Wise and The Baby Whisperer. I kind of read both and used the scheduling out of baby wise to get my little man on a great schedule. He’s been sleeping through the night since 5.5 months (he’s 13 months now) 12 hrs a night! He’s also a champion napper, great eater and just a generally happy and easy baby! I don’t think it’s all coincidence 😉

15. Reghan says

Also, baby wise was really easy to read because I would just read up to the chapter I needed and then as he got older, wake times got longer etc then I would read the next section when I had time.
    Love the wall decal!!

My magazines have stacked up like crazy lately too! The holder I keep them in even broke yesterday after I tried to jam one more in there…oops! But for now, I decided not to renew my magazine subscriptions until I can catch up. (Which works because they all are ending in the next month or so). 😉
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sunday Confessions #14

17. Angie says

We love Babywise. We tried it out because my friend’s kids are great sleepers. Sometimes we were not as strict with it but once my husband starte traveling for work and I went back to teaching I needed a good night of sleep. Our little boy is such a happy boy and I think a lot of it is he’s getting the rest he needs. Also, he didn’t consistently sleep through the night until 6 months but he went down for naps and after late night feedings easily because we followed that book. Good luck!

Trackbacks