Weekend Highlights & Lucas’s Baptism {1/27}

by Courtney on January 27, 2014

Happy Monday to you all! After such a great weekend (much better than last weekend) I’m really sad to see it come to an end. Needless to say, getting up this morning for work was definitely not fun. But rather than dwell on the Monday blues, I’d much rather recap some highlights from the weekend!

Starting with a Friday night in with my two best boys. Take out Panera for the adults (BBQ Chicken salad + turkey chili…omg YUM) for the adults; peas + apples for the babe.

IMG_5037-001

There wasn’t a whole lot more happening on Friday…pretty sure I was asleep not long after 9pm. No shame.

Saturday morning included an insane workout and I loved every. single. minute. of it.

I was recently sent this R.I.P.P.E.D. DVD to try out and WOW, it was crazy. It’s 48 minutes long and includes resistance, intervals, power, plyometrics, endurance, abs, and a cool down. I will definitely be doing this one again in the near future!

Oh, and post workout scrambled eggs + cheese + ketchup is always a highlight, too.

IMG_5043-001

Later that afternoon, Jay had to go out for a little while so that meant Mommy & Lucas time. No complaining from this mama.

IMG_5053-001

At one point, I grabbed myself a banana to snack on, but somebody else had other plans for it…

While we usually do purees with him, I have no problem with him trying out something like a banana in its regular form. As you can tell, he thoroughly enjoyed it for a while.

Sunday morning started out with a favorite…pancakes!

I was recently sent these flapJacked protein pancake mixes to try out and, honestly, I was a little skeptical about ‘em. Point being, I know plenty of you love your protein “pancakes” but I’m sorry…egg whites + protein powder + a banana (or something of the like) is not a pancake. It may look like one but it does not taste like one (at least not from what I’ve experienced!).

But anywho…I was thrilled when I discovered that this mix does not taste at all funky and they really DO taste like delicious pancakes. I topped mine with some Justin’s vanilla almond butter, banana slices, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Another perk of ‘em? They kept me full for a good five hours, which was good since we had a busy afternoon…

It was Lucas’s baptism!

Lucas did absolutely amazing the entire time and was so calm and chill. Father Butler (who is actually my mom’s cousin) even wound up taking him for part of the service and he just hung out with him, taking it all in. It was totally one of those ‘proud mama’ moments.

Jay and I had my brother, Dan, and our cousin and BFF, Sarah, stand up with us as Lucas’s godparents, and it meant so much to us to have them there on his special day.

After the baptism, we invited the grandparents and godparents back to the house for some lunch, where we all feasted on lots of goodies. I made salad and BBQ Pulled Chicken with mini slider rolls; my mom made some baked ziti and kielbasa and pineapple.

Seriously…so much good food.

But, of course, we had to save room for dessert! Now you guys know (although it’s been quite a while) that I’m usually more of a cupcake baker), but I decided I really wanted to attempt to make my own cake for Lucas’s baptism.

So I made a scratch vanilla cake with strawberry filling, and my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting, and then I had a little fun with the decorations. Winking smile

Thankfully, it turned out delicious and everyone really seemed to enjoy it, so I was happy with that.

The rest of the afternoon was fairly low key and everyone just hung around for a couple of hours before calling it a day.

Oh, I love those boys. <3

So yeah, I’d say it was a pretty great, and pretty special weekend over here. Smile

How was your weekend?? Do anything fun?

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 27, 2014 at 6:34 am

Lucas looks so sweet in all of these pictures–what a cutie!!!

That cake looks amazing, too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 1/26

2 Suzanne @ Mix it Mom January 27, 2014 at 7:46 am

The cake is absolutely beautiful and looks just as tasty!!! However, Lucas in his Christening outfit, he stole the show!!!

I have to agree about protein pancakes. Eggs and a banana do not create a “pancake”. Bleck!!
Suzanne @ Mix it Mom recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday{The Perfect Pot of Soup}

3 Madison January 27, 2014 at 7:54 am

What a beautiful ceremony! Such a gorgeous and glowing family. :)
Madison recently posted..Abby’s Inspiring Story

4 Linz @ Itz Linz January 27, 2014 at 8:06 am

wow that cake looks amazing!!! well done, girl!! and congrats on lucas’ baptism! (do you say congrats for a baptism? i’m jewish and not sure lol) glad he did well – gorgeous pictures! :)
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Simply Straws | Glass Straw GIVEAWAY

5 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine January 27, 2014 at 8:10 am

Oh so sweet! I love his smile! :) and I’m with ya on the whole banana-egg “pancakes”

6 Shel@PeachyPalate January 27, 2014 at 8:13 am

Awh congrats on the Baptism!!! Beautiful group shot…love the dress!!! You look stunning! That workout sounds crazy good too!

7 Shari January 27, 2014 at 8:39 am

What a special weekend you had! :)
Shari recently posted..All in the Numbers, Part Two.

8 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 27, 2014 at 8:43 am

you make THE prettiest mama!!
(i’ll take a piece of the cake please!)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..benefits of aqua aerobics during pregnancy

9 Carol T. January 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

Courtney:

What a beautiful ceremony…. you are very blessed with your family and wonderful friends. The cake look great, would love to have a piece of it… you are one talented lady.

Have a great week… try to stay warm. Us Upstate New Yorkers are getting snow again!!!

10 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 27, 2014 at 8:55 am

Awww love the pictures of his baptism! We had a pretty low key weekend nothing crazy going on here! I spent some time refocusing and resetting for a new week :)
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Motivation Monday: Confidence

11 Ash Z @ Ash's Right Direction January 27, 2014 at 8:59 am

You should try the food nets – http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2

We had these and put bananas in them all the time. You can also put other fruit in them, but we did not really try too much.

Beautiful photos at the baptism – a friend of mine took photos of ours with my camera and though the focusing click was the camera taking a photo. It was not so we did not get a lot of photos from his baptism. Oops.
I love your dress!
Ash Z @ Ash’s Right Direction recently posted..Weekend Shenanigans

12 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 27, 2014 at 9:10 am

Lucas is so adorable! Such a good baby during the baptism and the photo with his legs in the air? I die!

Isn’t Justin’s Vanilla the best!?
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Smell the Eucalyptus in the Blue Mountains

13 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne January 27, 2014 at 9:14 am

Love the first picture you captured of Lucas, so cute :). And yum those pancakes look super good! Justin’s Almond Butter is the best!!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..My Passion

14 Amanda January 27, 2014 at 9:22 am

I LOVE those flapjacked pancakes! I’m not usually a protein pancake fan either but these do it for me.

Sweet pictures. :)

15 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes January 27, 2014 at 9:24 am

You guys are a stunning family. I can’t believe how big Lucas is! Have a great week :)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Weekend shenanigans.

16 Danica @ It's Progression January 27, 2014 at 9:30 am

aww such a special day! It’s so great that you were surrounded by family for it, too. And seriously, you look absolutely gorgeous in those pictures!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..scenes from the weekend 1.27.13

17 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 27, 2014 at 9:34 am

Aw, what a wonderful weekend, and I’m so glad the baptism went well. We went to a baptism last year for my little cousin and it really is such a nice ceremony. Your cake looks delicious and you did a fantastic job decorating it!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Motivation Monday

18 Melissa @ for love and travel January 27, 2014 at 9:41 am

Glad this weekend was much better then last weekend. You’re truely blessed with such a sweet baby, he’s Gods angel. The cake looked professional, great job. I hear bananas are good for babies who are teething, b/c they like to rub their gums with it. Plus it’s good for them so it’s a win win!
Melissa @ for love and travel recently posted..Crockpot Orange Chicken

19 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 27, 2014 at 9:50 am

Lucas is such a little cutie – so great that the baptism went well and he was calm!
And that cake – wow. Gorgeous! I assumed it was from a bakery at first glance, so definitely safe to assume that you did an amazing job with it.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Scenes From the Weekend.

20 Jess January 27, 2014 at 9:55 am

The workout sounds reaaaally good! The cake looks delicious and your little guy did so well on the baptism, that’s definitively a highlight!
My hoghlight was to experience my first vegetarian bbq that went really good :D Have a nive week!
Jess recently posted..My First Vegetarian BBQ

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 27, 2014 at 10:10 am

Yay! Glad to hear this weekend was better for you!! That RIPPED DVD sounds intense! I’ve never heard of it, but I like the sounds of it. I’ll have to check it out! Congrats on Lucas’ baptism! You look beautiful! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Food Never Tasted So Good

22 Diana S January 27, 2014 at 10:37 am

Just want to say you looked absolutely gorgeous at the baptism! loving your new haircut #hotmama

23 Brigitt January 27, 2014 at 10:54 am

That picture of Lucas laying on the floor is SO adorable. Congratulations on the baptism! Looks like a beautiful day. :)
Brigitt recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins

24 Jenny January 27, 2014 at 11:02 am

Absolutely love all of these pictures! You looked so beautiful! Congrats to little Lucas on his successful baptism.
Jenny recently posted..Light at the End of the Tunnel

25 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 27, 2014 at 11:08 am

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic weekend! <3 It's great that Lucas did so fantastic during his baptism… the ones I've seen usually include a baby starting to whimper for his mommy after being with the pastor for a few moments! That cake is amazing, by the way. You should be proud! :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #41- food glorious food!

26 Angie@adiamondthatshinesbright.com January 27, 2014 at 11:41 am

I totally agree with you about the protein pancakes, I can eat pretty much anything healthy but those just don’t go down.

What a special weekend for you and your family, so sweet, God bless you guys!

27 Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 27, 2014 at 11:43 am

your soft curls are gorgeous!

& Lucas is such a studly little guy :)

28 Ali January 27, 2014 at 12:01 pm

That cake is good! I cannot write on cakes for the life of me! God Bless Lucas:)

29 Tracey January 27, 2014 at 12:32 pm

The baptism pictures are absolutely beautiful and you look stunning in your dress!

30 Andrea January 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Looks beautiful, great job with the cake!

And Sarah if you check these comments you look beautiful, it was great catching up with you Saturday night…. Like I said, you’re quite a celeb in my eyes being on this blog!

Courtney – I obnoxiously asked Sarah questions about you when I recognized her from your blog at a party Sat night…. She had such nice things to say, what a great friend! 

31 Sarah January 27, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Hi Andrea,

Courtney texted me to look at the comments! Thank you for your sweet message!!! I actually was telling Courtney about you yesterday and how nice you are! It was great seeing you on Saturday and hope to see you again at the next Pinkel party!

32 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers January 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm

He’s just too cute! That banana picture is priceless. haha
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..A Marvelous Weekend

33 Ellie January 27, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Aww he likes banana just like mommy!!! And your hair looks beautiful!!! I had the blessing to visit Arizona because my in laws are there right now~had an amazing surprise 60th for my mother in law and lots of time with family. Y
Thank goodness our little one (7mobths) has been doing well! :D pheww
Ellie recently posted..Armpit Target Circuit Vlog+Thinking out Loud

34 Parita @ myinnershakti January 27, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Love all these pics! What a special weekend. :)

And how would you say that DVD compares to T25? Similar or completely different? Thanks!

35 Courtney January 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I’d definitely say different, although it does incorporate some sections (power, plyometrics) that are similar to T25. This one also has a section that incorporates weights, and the overall formal is just a bit different (and longer in length).

36 Ashlee@HisnHers January 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

You did awesome on his cake! He looked adorable in the picture with the priest. Looks like a fun weekend!

37 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire January 27, 2014 at 1:44 pm

That cake looks beautiful! Congrats on Lucas’ baptism. You look beautiful and I can’t get over how big Lucas is getting. He’s such a little man!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Catching My Zzz’s

38 Leigha @ Minougirl January 27, 2014 at 2:00 pm

SO glad Lucas’s baptism went well! What a fun day filled with some yummy eats!! Those pancakes are calling my name!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..No school, New camera, and Happy Blogiversary!

39 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 27, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Those pancakes sound delicious! I will have to try those!

Lovely baptism. Congrats. :-)
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..On Mom Pants and Mental Health

40 Lauryn January 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful baptism day! Lucas looked adorable.
That cake looks too good…yum ;-)
Lauryn recently posted..Weekly Planning

41 Heather @fitncookies January 27, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Congrats to Lucas! What a beautiful cake you made him. I love that the pastor held him for the majority of it :) That workout DVD looks intense but I’m so glad you loved it!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Going a bit stir crazy

42 Sanaz@Run for Cake January 27, 2014 at 4:21 pm

oh what a fun weekend indeed! I love protein pancakes that are made with egg whites, oatmeal and bananas. They are delicious city!

You son is delicious! I can’t believe how fast the time passes. My daughter was that little what felt like a second ago and now she is 14 months and can mumble something that sounds like banana. Enjoy every second of it!
Sanaz@Run for Cake recently posted..Weekend wedding recap

43 Hayley@healthyregardshayley January 27, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I can’t get over how big Lucas seems to be getting! Seems like a really wonderful special weekend (:
My weekend was full of work, and go-go-go! Trying to take a little monday afternoon siesta now and catch up on life.
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..Surround yourself with people who are better than you are

44 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Oh man that workout sounds intense but fun!
Congratulations on Lucas’ Baptism! That’s so wonderful that he was a happy baby through it all :) And that cake looks incredible!!! I really want some now.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Jam-Packed Weekend {MIMM #21}

45 Holly January 27, 2014 at 6:32 pm

OMG what a beautiful cake!!!!!!!!!

46 Anya January 27, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Your baby is literally the cutest that I have ever seen!

47 Courtney January 30, 2014 at 10:28 am

Oh my goodness, that is so sweet of you! Thank you!!

48 michelle kim January 27, 2014 at 7:11 pm

How wonderful!!! May God bless your whole family :)
And I got to do an early birthday celebration with the church people over the weekend. Happy early birthday to you!
michelle kim recently posted..Birthday-ing

49 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm

That cake looks AMAZING!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Mind Over Matter

50 Allison T. January 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm

What a beautiful family! Blessings on you, hubby, and Lucas.
P.S. That cake looks adorable!

51 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 27, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Congratulations on Lucas’ baptism! What a special time for your family! Those pancake mixes look delicious! Do you know if they are gluten free? I am always looking for a great pancake mix. My hubby was out of town this weekend so I got to spend some quality time with my girls full of sushi, brunch, and girly movies!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Monday Tabata Workout + Recent Eats

52 Courtney January 30, 2014 at 10:28 am

I don’t believe they’re gluten free :(

53 Nicole January 28, 2014 at 1:59 am

GREAT job with the cake! You have quite a talent!! :)

Love the pic. at the end of all the dudes just chillin on the couch. Too cute!

Hope you survive the week ahead! It’s Superbowl weekend comin’ up – I hope you have some fun planned!! :D

54 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie January 28, 2014 at 6:55 am

What a beautiful weekend and memory for you! You are absolutely glowing in these pics – it’s easy to see how proud you are of your family!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Marathon Q&A

55 Jenn@Mark My Mile! January 28, 2014 at 7:43 am

What a wonderful weekend for you and your family!!!
Jenn@Mark My Mile! recently posted..Training Talk Tuesday #3

56 Caitlin January 28, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Great job on the cake and little Lucas looks so precious especially in his happy baby photo! And it looks like we have a young nanner lover on our hands, adorable. I will keep that RIPPED DVD in mind. It’s always hard for me to find a DVD that gives me a really intense workout.

57 Annette@FitnessPerks January 28, 2014 at 1:26 pm

You look so pretty! And that cake is amazing. Sounds deeeeelicious!!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..CXWORX Release 13 Review + Updates

58 Nala January 29, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Congratulations on Lucas’s Baptism! I’m glad he was good boy, I think maybe he was just fascinated with what was going on. I love his baptism outfit – very cute. My weekend was pretty cool I got to do my first 5K ever – the Hot Chocolate Race and it was exhilarating!

59 Courtney January 30, 2014 at 10:12 am

Hot Chocolate Race??! YUM!!!

60 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen January 29, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Lucas is too adorable!!! Your cake for him looks PERFECT!! :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Salmon Stuffed Peppers

61 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle January 30, 2014 at 9:55 am

Aw love the baptism pics! Is he in a little baptismal suit? adorable.
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..WIAW: Messy In Execution

62 Courtney January 30, 2014 at 10:00 am

Sort of…it’s a cable knit onesie I found on Amazon! About half the price of the other suits we were looking at…they’re SO expensive!

63 sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com February 1, 2014 at 12:07 pm

he is so handsome!
sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com recently posted..Making small goals to lead to better life habits