Fun Facts Friday {4/4}

by Courtney on April 4, 2014

1.I sort of feel like I’m failing at life this week. My house is a disaster zone, I haven’t worked out since Saturday, and I feel like I’ve barely gotten anything checked off of my to-do list. Then again, I do manage to make the time to find outfits for Lucas and I to be twinsies, sooo….

I guess it’s all about priorities, right? ;) The rest of it will get done…eventually.

2. If any of you are looking for a way to kick-start your workout routine for the next couple of months, my friend Paige is running an 8-Week Online Bootcamp: 8 Weeks to a Summer-Ready You! I know she’s been working hard on writing the program, designing the workouts, and photographing all of the exercises, so be sure to check it out!

3. I picked up a new, springy nail polish earlier this week while browsing around Target (aka, the money pit). Essie’s new “Fashion Playground” color.

photo 2

Fun Fact side note: It’s actually pretty darn close to the color of our tub and toilet…but hopefully not for much longer.

4. That Graeter’s ice cream and gelato I told you guys about last week? As of last night, we’ve only got about 2-1/2 pints (out of 6) left. That stuff is sooooo good.

5. BLT’s are amazing. Better yet, BLAT’s are amazing. Add in that avocado and it brings the sandwich to a whole new level.

photo 1

Not amazing? What a BLAT does to the roof of my mouth after I’m done eating. Yikes…tell me it’s not just me?

6. So I got all excited earlier this week about THIS…

Cookie Dough iced coffee?!? Well, I got one the next day and was pretty disappointed. Maybe I just got a bad one or something, but it didn’t taste anything like cookie dough. In fact, it didn’t taste like much of anything. Bummerrrrr.

7. I’m cutting fun facts short today because I’m running late…no surprise there…hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a wicked awesome weekend! ;)

1 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog April 4, 2014 at 9:08 am

I feel you on that whole “failing at life” deal. Sometimes I have weeks or days like that. If it makes you feel better, I’m sure you’re not.

I gotta say, I’m mucho disappointed to hear that the cookie dough iced coffee wasn’t that good. I was excited about it also! I feel like you and I have similar coffee tastes, so if you don’t like it, I probably won’t either :-). I’ll give it a try, but I’m not optimistic…

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Best Friends Bootcamp + Superfood Caramel Sea Salt Brownies

2 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat April 4, 2014 at 9:10 am

I’ve been having such major cravings for BLT sandwiches these days, then add in some avocado…that sounds like perfection! Yum!

Have an awesome weekend! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info #13

3 Ashlee @ Ash's Right Direction April 4, 2014 at 9:22 am

I have learned that my house will be messy sometimes, it is not because I am a slacker it is becuase I have a child. Don’t worry too much about messes. :) Love the matching outfits.

Love that color nail polish – I have one close to it from Opi
Ashlee @ Ash’s Right Direction recently posted..A Stressful 5 on Friday

4 Sara April 4, 2014 at 9:35 am

Waiiit, I had the cookie dough iced coffee yesterday and thought it was amazing and tasted exactly like cookie dough! I recommended it to all my co-workers – you need to give it another try! Enjoy the weekend! :-)

5 Parita @ myinnershakti April 4, 2014 at 9:43 am

I was just thinking the same thing this morning – our apartment is a HUGE mess! And I don’t even have a baby to keep me busy. :) Oh well, that’s what Saturday mornings are for! Hope you have a great weekend!

P.S. LOVE the matching outfits – so cute!

6 Ali April 4, 2014 at 9:53 am

I kind of feel like I’m failing at life too this week – Aiden has croup and we spent yesterday in the ER, my house is a disaster and a job offer didn’t pan out as described, so that was disappointing.

7 haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine April 4, 2014 at 10:09 am

Such a beautiful picture of you and Lucas!!! LOVE IT! LOVE Blats as well. and that essie polish.

8 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger April 4, 2014 at 10:28 am

Don’t worry, I have consistently been a disaster as well this weekend between blogging, working out, taking care of my ratchet ass dogs, and wedding planning. Finally this morning, I couldn’t take my house looking like a war zone any longer, and got up SUPER early this morning and walked the dogs, vacuumed, and generally tried to put my house back together from the disaster it had become this week!
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Here’s What! What three things are you obsessed with?

9 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige April 4, 2014 at 10:29 am

Thanks so much for mentioning my online boot camp, Courtney! It has def been a lot of work – but also a lot of fun:)
And I am such a sucker for Essie. Love that color!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Spring Fit Fashion with PUMA Fitness

10 Angie @ Pint of Goals April 4, 2014 at 10:31 am

Graeter’s ice cream is incredible! I was in Ohio last weekend, and my friend bought the raspberry chocolate chunk and a coconut chocolate one. So good! They sell it at our Whole Foods here in Wisconsin but it’s $8 a pint.
Agree about BLTs tearing up the roof of your mouth – happens to me every time! Although I haven’t had Captain Crunch forever, I remember that also has the same effect.
Have a great weekend!

11 Kari S. April 11, 2014 at 1:55 pm

BLT trick……just toast 1 side of the bread (I do in a pan) and put that crunchy side to the inside when I build it! ;)

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries April 4, 2014 at 10:39 am

You and lil Lucas are so cute in your twin attire!

Bummer about the cookie dough iced coffee! It sure does sound good!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Style Never Stops

13 Britt@MyOwnBalance April 4, 2014 at 10:40 am

You and Lucas are so adorable together! I definitely have those weeks where I feel like I get nothing done and the house is a disaster! I don’t know how it happens but I can say I’ve been there!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Awesome April

14 Steph Clark April 4, 2014 at 10:41 am

Wish we had cookie dough ice cream here in the UK! You yanks get all the best foods!!!!!
Steph Clark recently posted..My Weekly Shopping Food Haul!

15 Amelia@i_heart_kale April 4, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Mmm BLATs are so good, especially if you have them on sourdough with summer fresh tomatoes!!! I can taste it now!
Too bad dunkin was disappointing. Don’t ya just hate when something sounds good and you build it up in your head only to be let down when you eat it?
Can we talk about how cute you and Lucas look? That shirt is flattering on you and looks so comfortable!

16 Leigha @ Minougirl April 4, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I thought it was only me that has problems with the roof of my mouth!! Good to know. Have a great weekend Courtney!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Noodles are good fuel for shopping.

17 Kari S. April 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm

18 Kim @FITsique April 4, 2014 at 1:30 pm

My week has felt that way too. I feel like its a losing battle trying to keep up with things this week. I still got a few workouts in, but the cleaning not so much! Good luck getting it all together this weekend and if it doesnt happen oh well :-) enjoy the time with Lucas
Kim @FITsique recently posted..How To Stay Healthy While Traveling

19 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl April 4, 2014 at 1:44 pm

That picture of you and Lucas in matching shirts is way too cute!! Where’s Jay’s? haha!!! Have a great weekend, Courtney!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..5 Things Friday

20 Bre & Ree April 4, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Don’t worry about that check list, it’ll all get done eventually;) I love the name of Essie’s new color and it’s really cute, great find! Too bad about the coffee! Have a great weekend!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..homemade dog food

21 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl April 4, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Oh my goodness, I cannot even handle how cute your matchout outfits are!! That is just fantastic. Have a great weekend, Courtney :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..“Clean Eating”- I’m Tired of Feeling Guilty

22 Sarah @ Sweet Miles April 4, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Definitely LOVE that mint nail polish. Love love love. And that fact that you guys are matching is adorable! :) Have a good weekend!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..The North Face Women’s Ultra Kilowatt Trainer Review

23 Brittany April 4, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I second #1!! At least I know I’m not alone in this!

24 Linz @ Itz Linz April 4, 2014 at 5:38 pm

i love that nail polish color! and i’m not sure how cookie dough coffee even sounds good…. haha and i’m a huge cookie dough lover!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Studio Maternity Photoshoot | St. Louis Maternity Photographer

25 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie April 4, 2014 at 5:52 pm

That nail polish just screams spring – so cute!

Have a great weekend, Courtney!
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Friday Faves

26 Nancy April 4, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Omg that photo of you and Lucas is adorable!!!! I love it when kids and parents dress alike. <3
Nancy recently posted..CrossFit Style Workout

27 Torry @ Working on a Dream April 4, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I love BLTs – I always seem to forget about them when planning weekly meals. Thanks for the reminder – and with avacdo that looks awesome!

28 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 4, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I’ve been feeling the SAME way this week! I’ve had so much to do our house is a mess, the laundry isn’t done and my cooking has been lack luster. Thankfully I have a very understanding husband :) It’ll all get done eventually!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Exercises to Help Prevent Runners Knee

29 Amanda Newsome April 4, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Loving the nail polish color! I’ve been painting my nails in fun Spring Essie colors, too!
Amanda Newsome recently posted..March Favorites

30 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely April 4, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Y’all’s matching outfits are too cute! Definitely outweigh the whole cleaning the house thing. I totally have weeks where I can’t seem to get my act together. However, cute nail polish and ice cream always helps! Love that color!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..A Quick Catch Up

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 5, 2014 at 6:36 am

Yes, BLT’s always tear up my mouth! But they are pretty yummy and I haven’t had one in forever, so I think I’ll add that to our meal plan for this upcoming week!

I really wanted to try the cookie dough iced coffee yesterday, but I was worried that it wouldn’t be good OR it wouldn’t taste like anything–sad to hear that it’s true! It sounds so promising, lol!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Weekend Edition

32 Lisa April 5, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I’m also having one of those weeks. My house isn’t in the cleanest shape (usually is), none of my Easter decorations are out, mounds of ironing piling up, etc. I feel like a need a long vacation just to clean and get things in order (not going to happen). I think we all have times when things get crazy.
You did seem to have a fun time with the hubby and shopping. Enjoy those new clothes (love the matching mom and Lucas outfit).

33 Shari April 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm

What a pretty shade of nail polish!
Shari recently posted..Heart Song.

34 Nala April 6, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Aww, I hope you feel better by the end of the weekend! I just love, love the picture of you and Lucas in your twinsies. You look amazing! The ice cream sounds so delicious – I am pretty sure I would finish it up too! Hoping you have a great beginning to your week =)

35 Kay April 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm

oh no I tried the cookie dough iced coffee and I loved it!!

36 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 7, 2014 at 7:56 am

Don’t worry–we all have off weeks that are just crazy. You’re taking care of the important part (your family).
I just had a BLT on Friday night after not having one in a long time. I have no idea why I don’t have them more often! Sooo sooo good!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Friday Favorite: Food Should Taste Good + Recipes!

37 Fallon April 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

BLT’s do that to me every.single.time!

38 Kari S. April 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm